Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church (11598 Views)

"Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 6:30am On May 21, 2017
Giving is considered in the Bible as one of the service to God (Deuteronomy 16:16, Exodus 23:15), but it is very unfortunate that many people do not keep to the word of God that said; “None shall appear before me empty-handed” rather, many go extra mile to criticize those that gives their money and other resources to the church as well as the pastors who tell their members to give.

In the other side of the coin, some people give different excuses on while they are unable to give.

Below are my five points on why some people don’t give:

1. We are not familiar with what the Bible says about giving. We are not aware of the Bible’s teaching on money and on We have not spent enough time reading God’s Word to see what He says about it. So we miss out on the abundance of wisdom and direction found in the Bible on this important subject.

2. We don’t feel like we make enough money to give. Some feel that generosity is an act reserved for the wealthy, those that have more than enough. What difference could our few dollars make anyway?

3. We have loads of debt. Debt is a generosity killer. We are not able to live with open hands because they are chained to the credit card company. We feel the stress caused by living on the edge of a financial disaster. Paying our bills becomes the priority, not giving.

4. We don’t trust the church. Our first place of generosity should be our local church. Unfortunately, we often withhold our giving for the church for a variety of reasons that boils down to a lack of trust. We don’t trust the leadership. We don’t trust the financial management. And we don’t trust the impact the church is making.

5. We don’t trust God. We act as if God is not the owner of everything, and that He does not hold all the resources we will ever need in His hands. We don’t trust that He will take care of us, that He will give us those resources He holds. So we hold tightly to our money. Even though it was God who entrusted us with His resources, we don’t trust Him.

Add your own reason(s)

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Arsenalholic1: 6:59am On May 21, 2017
True.

One of my uncles stopped paying tithe in church for a long time after someone told him:

"Stop telling people how much you earn in a week. Not everyone is a friend."

With a quizzical look on my Uncle's face, he asked: "What do you mean?"

The man continued: "Didn't you earn x amount this week?"

My uncle was confused and had to plead with him to tell him who made that known to him. Because according to him, he didn't even tell his wife how much he earned.

Turned out that one of the elders in the church had leaked out the information after seeing the tithe my uncle paid.

The church should also try to have competent people manning such posts as recording of tithe.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by tetula123(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2017
number 4sums it all... I would rather give a beggar in the street rather, as I feel God will appreciate it more and they need it more than the church does.
you see a well built church telling you to want to destroy a segment of the church so they will rebuild it again to beautify it, when members haven't seen funds to eat..
I call that lack of priority.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Next2Bezee(m): 7:27am On May 21, 2017
Have you considered that some people just don't have anything to give at that period?

But today we have so many churches that make "giving" compulsory and shame those that don't. I don't recall anywhere in the bible where it states that without tithes, people can't serve God.

Something else that deters people from giving tithes and offerings is the way self acclaimed men of god use the money that is meant to be for the church and lead luxurious lifestyles as opposed to helping people like Jesus did.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Dottore: 7:27am On May 21, 2017
Most times, It takes spiritual maturity, understanding and leading of the Holy Spirit for one to be able to give.
cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by veekid(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2017
I don't trust the pple I'm giving it to, they move in big vehicles, son even fly jets. So why giving them again

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 7:28am On May 21, 2017
I dey give oo
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by bolajioginni: 7:29am On May 21, 2017
The greatest sin to commit in church is When You Use Your Church Wi-Fi to Bluefilm
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ednut1(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2017
Give person wey go use am tame okeke ass, buy jet i cannot enter or build school i no fit afford. This scam gat stop. Point 5 na wash God doesn't need ur money.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by dangotesmummy: 7:30am On May 21, 2017
Sunday a day committed or set aside for church bashing or Christianity criticism

How come the atheists don't criticize alphas and mosques every Fridays? wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Thistrendblog(f): 7:30am On May 21, 2017
We wish to give but we dont have due to our economy sit...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by HMZi: 7:31am On May 21, 2017
no rubs
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Emodeee: 7:32am On May 21, 2017
bolajioginni:
The greatest sin to commit in church is When You Use Your Church Wi-Fi to Bluefilm

your own church get wifi? na big man church you dey gocheesy.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ignis: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
I give according to my mind

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Arsenalholic1: 7:42am On May 21, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Sunday a day committed or set aside for church bashing or Christianity criticism

You wantu kill them?

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by dangotesmummy: 7:46am On May 21, 2017
grin
Arsenalholic1:
You wantu kill them?
as in henn.I just taya.it's becoming a trend and it's getting boring and annoying. If you don't like church don't go,it's that simple

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by victorazy(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2017
Next2Bezee:
Have you considered that some people just don't have anything to give at that period?

But today we have so many churches that make "giving" compulsory and shame those that don't. I don't recall anywhere in the bible where it states that without tithes, people can't serve God.

Something else that deters people from giving tithes and offerings is the way self acclaimed men of god use the money that is meant to be for the church and lead luxurious lifestyles as opposed to helping people like Jesus did.
giving tithe is for your good not for pastor or God
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by jaymejate: 7:57am On May 21, 2017
they will say they wanna do something in the church and bidding will start. the highest amount payer get the highest level of prayer. why should the pastor do that if not because he thinks the money is for him and he is going to spend it truly. therefore, i will rather give it to the poor if i wish to rather than give to the pastor who have more.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Jaynom(m): 8:01am On May 21, 2017
dangotesmummy:

The thing is there are Just too many issues with modern day Christianity. How many alfas or mallams do you see on social media flaunting their wealth? You see our so called pastors with private jets, Rolls Royces, designer clothes e.t.c with little or no humility at all. Mind you Widows and orphans attend all these churches where salvation is not preached, every day topic na give give give and it Will come back to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by DavidEsq(m): 8:07am On May 21, 2017
(6). We recently found out, our pastors end it on Daniella okeke's back, with our tithes and offerings cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ProjectNaija(m): 8:08am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:
Giving is considered in the Bible as one of the service to God (Deuteronomy 16:16, Exodus 23:15), but it is very unfortunate that many people do not keep to the word of God that said; “None shall appear before me empty-handed” rather, many go extra mile to criticize those that gives their money and other resources to the church as well as the pastors who tell their members to give.

In the other side of the coin, some people give different excuses on while they are unable to give.

1. We are not familiar with what the Bible says about giving. We are not aware of the Bible’s teaching on money and on We have not spent enough time reading God’s Word to see what He says about it. So we miss out on the abundance of wisdom and direction found in the Bible on this important subject.

2. We don’t feel like we make enough money to give. Some feel that generosity is an act reserved for the wealthy, those that have more than enough. What difference could our few dollars make anyway?

3. We have loads of debt. Debt is a generosity killer. We are not able to live with open hands because they are chained to the credit card company. We feel the stress caused by living on the edge of a financial disaster. Paying our bills becomes the priority, not giving.

4. We don’t trust the church. Our first place of generosity should be our local church. Unfortunately, we often withhold our giving for the church for a variety of reasons that boils down to a lack of trust. We don’t trust the leadership. We don’t trust the financial management. And we don’t trust the impact the church is making.

5. We don’t trust God. We act as if God is not the owner of everything, and that He does not hold all the resources we will ever need in His hands. We don’t trust that He will take care of us, that He will give us those resources He holds. So we hold tightly to our money. Even though it was God who entrusted us with His resources, we don’t trust Him.

Add your own reason(s)

Another reason is because preachers like you twist scripture and quote it out of context to extort money from believers. For example the verse you quoted that none shall appear before God empty hand was not talking of money or offering, it was talking about every body bringing food to the temple to be eaten communally by the people bringing the food and not greedy prechers like you.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Revolva(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2017
that is Me....OP hahha
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Dgunnerz(m): 8:20am On May 21, 2017
Givers never lack!
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Mcowubaba: 8:22am On May 21, 2017
4, I don't trust the Church and it's leadership...
The are criminals, simple and short....

Only 5% of Pastors/Reverend fathers/Clergymen in Nigeria are "God's sent" ...
The rest are con men and Scammers

It's better to take your money directly to the needy in your neighborhood, than gave it to this Yahoo Yahoo men that call themselves Pastors

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Bojc7: 8:24am On May 21, 2017
On point
No. 4 especially.
Them wire-boiz in suits really casting aspersion on Christianity thru their actions!

Nevertheless. God says "pay tithe+offering" and so be it.
We have similar cases in d Bible where "vagabonds" were clerics eg Eli and Samuel's children (see book of 1 Samuel).

So sad we have to live thru this.....but God's word has no substitute!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next2Bezee:

Pls, giving is very very compulsory, but d amount you give isn't. Check d ff scriptures 4 proofs.

GIVING IS COMPULSORY

Exodus 34:20
But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

Deuteronomy 16:16
Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty:

THE AMOUNT YOU GIVE IS NOT A PRIORITY

Mark 12:41-44

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

We are expected as a must to give but out of whatever we have-be it in cash or kind. Its some "men of god", our of d dictates of their #belly, who make giving laborious!

Thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nigeriadondie: 8:32am On May 21, 2017
One reason is not to enrich one so called man of god that is nothing but a god of men. It wud be foolish to build the financial empire of someone and his family. The video link below says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by kick(f): 8:32am On May 21, 2017
Even Jesus said his house shall be a house of prayer and not a house of thieves.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Origin(f): 8:33am On May 21, 2017
dangotesmummy:

Actually they do. Just come to that section and you'll see. Both atheists and Christians alike and they tend to be quite savage too.

Giving does not have to be money. Acts of worship are dedicated to God and God only. Calling people out to bring their tithes, keeping tithes record, praying specifically for those that brought tithes, elevating some prominent givers as elders in church.

You can't tell me that God knows my heart and knows everything about me and I don't have to physically show that i worship God. But I have to physically show my tithe

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by dangotesmummy: 8:33am On May 21, 2017
Jaynom:

The thing is there are Just too many issues with modern day Christianity. How many alfas or mallams do you see on social media flaunting their wealth? You see our so called pastors with private jets, Rolls Royces, designer clothes e.t.c with little or no humility at all. Mind you Widows and orphans attend all these churches where salvation is not preached, every day topic na give give give and it Will come back to you.
then don't go to a particular church if you don't feel comfortable about their ways than going to church with the purpose of looking for faults and criticizing. There's no place you won't find faults
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by dangotesmummy: 8:35am On May 21, 2017
Origin:

Actually they do. Just come to that section and you'll see. Both atheists and Christians alike and they tend to be quite savage too.

Giving does not have to be money. Acts of worship are dedicated to God and God only. Calling people out to bring their tithes, keeping tithes record, praying specifically for those that brought tithes, elevating some prominent givers as elders in church.

You can't tell me that God knows my heart and knows everything about me and I don't have to physically show that i worship God. But I have to physically show my tithe
if you feel a strong push in your spirit to give give,if not don't give
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 8:41am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:

Add your own reason(s)
lovely.. Can i use this material on my blog... @http://Listwand.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law / 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.