Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church (11593 Views)

"Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Jaynom(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2017
dangotesmummy:
then don't go to a particular church if you don't feel comfortable about their ways than going to church with the purpose of looking for faults and criticizing. There's no place you won't find faults
I attend my church where the teachings and practices are in tandem with the holy Bible(no eyebrows raised).
Social media has made it impossible to not see or hear how the word of God is being twisted and used to extort naive/gullible church goers

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 8:58am On May 21, 2017
uzoclinton:
lovely.. Can i use this material on my blog... @http://Listwand.com
make sure you give backlink to

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by NCANTaskForce: 9:14am On May 21, 2017
I'll only pay tithe in church again if they will give me God's account number to pay it in, If not, (Prisoners, Orphans, Beggars, Elderly, Poor people) will keep getting those tithe from me monthly,

I can't be paying tithe with my hard-earned money, only to see my pastor's son spending 600k a night on drinks in Quilox Club, It's my money that he is spending, He have to pay his own correct tithe first, Mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 9:15am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:
make sure you give backlink to
to where?
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 9:22am On May 21, 2017
uzoclinton:
to where?

To the URL on the my signature below

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 9:26am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:

your name
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 9:28am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:

Chidera Christian?
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 9:29am On May 21, 2017
uzoclinton:
your name
Chidera Christian.
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 9:37am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:
Chidera Christian.
okay...
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 9:49am On May 21, 2017
uzoclinton:
okay...

You can be using my contents here in your blog. Just make sure you backlink smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by mrww(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 10:03am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:

You can be using my contents here in your blog. Just make sure you backlink smiley
Nah... just this one is enough... but thanks sha
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by LordOfNaira: 10:26am On May 21, 2017
victorazy:
giving tithe is for your good not for pastor or God
Who told you that?
If it is not for the good of the pastor, then whose good

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by LordOfNaira: 10:59am On May 21, 2017
ipreach:
Giving is considered in the Bible as one of the service to God (Deuteronomy 16:16, Exodus 23:15), but it is very unfortunate that many people do not keep to the word of God that said; “None shall appear before me empty-handed” rather, many go extra mile to criticize those that gives their money and other resources to the church as well as the pastors who tell their members to give.

In the other side of the coin, some people give different excuses on while they are unable to give.

Below are my five points on why some people don’t give:

1. We are not familiar with what the Bible says about giving. We are not aware of the Bible’s teaching on money and on We have not spent enough time reading God’s Word to see what He says about it. So we miss out on the abundance of wisdom and direction found in the Bible on this important subject.

2. We don’t feel like we make enough money to give. Some feel that generosity is an act reserved for the wealthy, those that have more than enough. What difference could our few dollars make anyway?

3. We have loads of debt. Debt is a generosity killer. We are not able to live with open hands because they are chained to the credit card company. We feel the stress caused by living on the edge of a financial disaster. Paying our bills becomes the priority, not giving.

4. We don’t trust the church. Our first place of generosity should be our local church. Unfortunately, we often withhold our giving for the church for a variety of reasons that boils down to a lack of trust. We don’t trust the leadership. We don’t trust the financial management. And we don’t trust the impact the church is making.

5. We don’t trust God. We act as if God is not the owner of everything, and that He does not hold all the resources we will ever need in His hands. We don’t trust that He will take care of us, that He will give us those resources He holds. So we hold tightly to our money. Even though it was God who entrusted us with His resources, we don’t trust Him.

Add your own reason(s)

You people only believe that giving is a service to God when it is done in the church. If giving were to be used as a yardstick for making heaven, I doubt if any of today's Christians will make heaven. You all don't understand what it means to TRULY give. The early Christians gave some much that there were no poor people among them. Money from sold houses and lands were brought before the apostles and distributed to those in need. The apostles were not excessively rich and yet they were not poor. No one tried to hold anything back. You, OP, when have you sought for widows to give money to? When have you felt the urge to sell a car and go to a hospital to give to a sick person?

Also, Christians were never obligated to tithe. Tithing as a part of worship was included in the Mosaic Law and the threats in Malachi were directed at the Jews who were not paying their tithes. The implication of not paying tithes in the OT was that the Levites who were caretakers of the temple were neglected.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by victorazy(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Who told you that?
If it is not for the good of the pastor, then whose good
go and study the Bible (Malachai 3v 10)
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by LordOfNaira: 11:12am On May 21, 2017
victorazy:

go and study the Bible (Malachai 3v 10)

It is you who should study it. Tithing in the OT as a part of worship was to support the Levites who had no properties. The verse was directed at the Jews who were not giving their tithes thus neglecting the Levites who depended on the other tribes for food. The Levites were the caretakers of the temple. They devoted their lives to caring for the temple. So, the tithing in the Mosaic Law was to help feed them. It was not for God but for the Levites who would starve if tithes were not given.

Now today, you all are still quoting Malachi that was directed at Jews and not Gentiles.

Let me give you a little history of the church: When the early church began to grow and Gentiles were being converted, the leaders of the church debated on whether to obligate the Gentiles to follow the Mosaic Laws. In the end they concluded on something:

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day - Acts 15:19-21

Tithe was not mentioned!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by victorazy(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2017
LordOfNaira:

It is you who should study it. Tithing in the OT as a part of worship was to support the Levites who had no properties. The verse was directed at the Jews who were not giving their tithes thus neglecting the Levites who depended on the other tribes for food. The Levites were the caretakers of the temple. They devoted their lives to caring for the temple. So, the tithing in the Mosaic Law was to help feed them. It was not for God but for the Levites who would starve if tithes were not given.

Now today, you all are still quoting Malachi that was directed at Jews and not Gentiles.

Let me give you a little history of the church: When the early church began to grow and Gentiles were being converted, the leaders of the church debated on whether to obligate the Gentiles to follow the Mosaic Laws. In the end they concluded on something:

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day - Acts 15:19-21

your just writing politics in church neglecting God word.
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by bejeria101(m): 12:33pm On May 21, 2017
With or without your money it doesnt reduce who GOD is. Can your money help God?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by victorazy(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ImaIma1(f): 4:03pm On May 21, 2017
tetula123:
number 4sums it all... I would rather give a beggar in the street rather, as I feel God will appreciate it more and they need it more than the church does.
you see a well built church telling you to want to destroy a segment of the church so they will rebuild it again to beautify it, when members haven't seen funds to eat..
I call that lack of priority.

The bible never told us ro give beggars. Beggars are quite different from the poor.
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by lonelydora: 8:33pm On May 21, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
True.

One of my uncles stopped paying tithe in church for a long time after someone told him:

"Stop telling people how much you earn in a week. Not everyone is a friend."

With a quizzical look on my Uncle's face, he asked: "What do you mean?"

The man continued: "Didn't you earn x amount this week?"

My uncle was confused and had to plead with him to tell him who made that known to him. Because according to him, he didn't even tell his wife how much he earned.

Turned out that one of the elders in the church had leaked out the information after seeing the tithe my uncle paid.

The church should also try to have competent people manning such posts as recording of tithe.

Same reason I don't pay tithes too. We were at a joint discussing about some members, and my friend who happens to be one of the people in charge of finance said that one Mr. J pretends as if he's not rich that he pays X amount in tithes weekly. Omo, I just pinched myself.

Scarp tithe card in my church and see how I will be paying my tithes every Sunday.
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Arsenalholic1: 8:58pm On May 21, 2017
lonelydora:

Same reason I don't pay tithes too. We were at a joint discussing about some members, and my friend who happens to be one of the people in charge of finance said that one Mr. J pretends as if he's not rich that he pays X amount in tithes weekly. Omo, I just pinched myself.

Scarp tithe card in my church and see how I will be paying my tithes every Sunday.
It's too bad bro. God will not be happy with such people obviously.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 11:24am On May 23, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
It's too bad bro. God will not be happy with such people obviously.

It's very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by zeongeon: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested or you have got unusual questions or topics you want to share or learn about then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, personal views /ideologies , restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too. Everyone is welcome to join the group be you Christians, Muslims, traditionalist, Atheist, Buddhist etc
use the link below to join
https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by Nobody: 12:30am On May 24, 2017
That's right brother....
It all boils down to "choice".
People do as they wish.
On the tithe issue....my thoughts are as follows:
People don't want to be held accountable or be obedient...if we really want to get "real".
I'm just being brutally honest and very real here and calling a "spade" a "spade".
People don't pay tithes cause they simply don't want to give their alleged little "hard earned" money to the church....as if it doesn't have expenses.
I don't condone pastors funding their lifestyles in unscrupulous ways....if that's what they are doing. IF they are doing wrong, then one day they will have to reap what they've sown.
HOWEVER, that DOES NOT cancel out a believer's responsibility to give tithe & offerings.
However, you will find that those who don't give tithes....also don't even give an offering!
God doesn't ask for much.....yet folks won't even give an offering.

It's called "selfishness" & "greed". Truth be told, they'd rather use their little money for themselves....
When a person wants or doesn't want to do something, they'll find any alleged "justifable" reason to do or not do something....and then try to get others on board with their "foolishness".
That's the way the world works....in church and out.
Fact......which is so so sad.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church by ipreach: 6:58am On May 24, 2017
MZLady39:
That's right brother....
It all boils down to "choice".
People do as they wish.
On the tithe issue....my thoughts are as follows:
People don't want to be held accountable or be obedient...if we really want to get "real".
I'm just being brutally honest and very real here and calling a "spade" a "spade".
People don't pay tithes cause they simply don't want to give their alleged little "hard earned" money to the church....as if it doesn't have expenses.
I don't condone pastors funding their lifestyles in unscrupulous ways....if that's what they are doing. IF they are doing wrong, then one day they will have to reap what they've sown.
HOWEVER, that DOES NOT cancel out a believer's responsibility to give tithe & offerings.
However, you will find that those who don't give tithes....also don't even give an offering!
God doesn't ask for much.....yet folks won't even give an offering.

It's called "selfishness" & "greed". Truth be told, they'd rather use their little money for themselves....
When a person wants or doesn't want to do something, they'll find any alleged "justifable" reason to do or not do something....and then try to get others on board with their "foolishness".
That's the way the world works....in church and out.
Fact......which is so so sad.

You are very right

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians / Life Is More Meaningless With God / New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.