Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? (1728 Views)

Stop Dating This Kind Of Girls If You Wanna Go Far In Life / Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far / Okoye Uche: "Sex With Wizkid, One Of My Goals In Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 11:31am On May 21, 2017
I broke up with a girl a long while ago. It was the hardest decision I ever made. I have loved and dated a few girls after our break up, but anytime I run into her or when we get to talk, cos we talk very occasionally, I usually feel differently from all other ex. it feels as if I have not gotten over her completely. I still mull over and appreciate those things that attracted me to her in the first place. But then I broke up because of an attitude I thought I would not be able to cope with if we married
My question is , is it possible to be haunted by an ex through out ones life? Are there ex we may never get over even after we marry? Does anyone have a similar experience either in relationship or marriage?
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Dionnetech: 11:37am On May 21, 2017
Yes.

I'll give details later
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 21, 2017
Haven't you heard??

"There's always that one person that'll always have your heart"

And that's how you go about, spoiling other people's relationships by rekindling old flames grin
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by pressplay411(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2017
Yall still communicating and bumping into each other occasionally and you want to get over her?
I think not.
You def sound like you're still hooked. As long as its not something you plan on acting on, just let her know instead of leading her on cos you just might be sending out mixed signals and trust me ladies pick up these vibes fast.
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by McBrooklyn(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2017
cry
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 21, 2017
Its becuase the road not taken always seems pleasurable am sure if you guys ended up together it would be another person. What if's are always constant reminders to know if you made the right choice however there are some people who are special that always come to heart. But its dangerous because you will find yourself comparing your current partner to that person which is not fair. Which is why I don't date babes who constantly talk or even mention their ex.

1 Like

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Davidgrey: 11:58am On May 21, 2017
It depends on your "Personality"… but yes it's possible.

If you have an "unexplainable connection" with the said person

and... you believe in "Tv's lovey dovey crap"

Well then! Such ideologue will seem practical to you!

Alexander Hamilton's widow Elizabeth lived alone for 50 years after his death, devoted to him to the end

If the connection is built "over years and bounded by the commitment marriage" then such attachments are justified but if it's a random relationship it's an illusion (You can overtime get pretty good at lying to yourself to preserve those feelings)

"When The Desirable is Not Available, The Available Becomes Desirable"

There are certain things that are unique to your ex that you got used to hence the (imagined attachment)

But.....That's why love is beautiful, it breaks all barriers

If you are truly in-love "No one" comes close to your current partner.

8 Likes

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Ginaz(f): 11:58am On May 21, 2017
I can get over anyone, my heart is made of stone.

If we were not meant to be, we were not meant to be. SIMPLE!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 11:59am On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
Yall still communicating and bumping into each other occasionally and you want to get over her?
I think not.
You def sound like you're still hooked. As long as its not something you plan on acting on, just let her know instead of leading her on cos you just might be sending out mixed signals and trust me ladies pick up these vibes fast.
The friendship we had still make us talk casually once in a while....I don't usually give a vibe of wanting her again... She's probably dating or getting fvcked randomly. I have dated too with enough girl around me to fvck...she once told me she's sexually active. I dint care abt that... Its just the little concern abt her. On her recent birthday she called to accuse me of forgetting it... I actually forgot cos I was very occupied. I was surprise she expected me to remember her birthday
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by OkuFaba(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2017
I'm in a relationship and my Ex is also in a relationship with someone else but we still hook up sometimes. You know, sex after break up is like pension

3 Likes

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 21, 2017
Ginaz:

Come back and tell me when C Ronaldo breaks up with u

1 Like

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 21, 2017
there's one
she knows it....therefore making her feel like a gem
self-services and rolls eyes...il forget you soon B
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by luminouzzzzzz(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2017
My ex. Was gold personified!!! She is abroad n married now but she always remembers to call me on my bufday every year....DAT geh is Lit! She calls me my lovey dovey nickname till date.... Sadly I have been seeing caricatures since we broke up( tribal issues)....I just hope good gehs are still out there sha coz from what I am seeing currently I may never marry!!
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Cholls(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2017
my brother there is a saying about women that...however great a gap her absence may make in the old home, her
feelings are those expressed in the charming
ballad of bygone days.
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 12:28pm On May 21, 2017
vargasvictory:
Haven't you heard??

"There's always that one person that'll always have your heart"

And that's how you go about, spoiling other people's relationships by rekindling old flames grin
Well, I'm not really interested in rekindling an old flame....I'm just being sincere about how I see her
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Moborlarh(f): 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
Yes, My Ex,.

It's a year nah and still finding it difficult to love another man.
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by yarimo(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2017
Ginaz:

pictures of your stone heart could have help this thread better
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by thunderfiremods(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
as long as I got over d X in maths....
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Headlesschicken(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2017
grin Yea i believe its possible, buh d sex just gotta b wow,b4 I can remember yuh last name wen yuh gone,d sex x just wat i do miss not necessarily u,cos @d end of d day,life goes on..
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 12:41pm On May 21, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin Yea i believe its possible, buh d sex just gotta b wow,b4 I can remember yuh last name wen yuh gone,d sex x just wat i do miss not necessarily u,cos @d end of d day,life goes on..
I don't think its about sex....When we were dating she wasn't dat kind of an excellent girl in bed...jst average. And I have fvcked girls of better ass, shape and skill after her.
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 21, 2017
Kinni business werey ati asinwin

Ya gone, you're really gone. undecided
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FelixFelicis(m): 12:52pm On May 21, 2017
Aderola15:
Kinni business werey ati asinwin

Ya gone, you're really gone. undecided
Y'all ladies always forming commando, I know y'all don't mind been cool with an ex, but when that one guy y'all love so much becomes an ex, y'all prefer to incite hate against him than to remind yourself of the reality which is "He really grew on me".

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 21, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Y'all ladies always forming commando, I know y'all don't mind been cool with an ex, but when that one guy y'all love so much becomes an ex, y'all prefer to incite hate against him than to remind yourself of the reality which is "He really grew on me".

Oga, leave story for the gods ojere... Of cus, I don't mind being cool with them because we were friends before the relationship thing and when the relationship crashes, we go back to our friendship. Why the fvck wouldn't I get over an ex, is he God? shocked

Incite hate? How is that possible when I do the breaking up and there's even too much sweetness around me to give in to hating others. It's either I forgive you and we cool or I forgive and forget you. smiley

Ps: no dey generalize Snow. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 1:18pm On May 21, 2017
Aderola15:

Oga, leave story for the gods ojere... Of cus, I don't mind being cool with them because we were friends before the relationship thing and when the relationship crashes, we go back to our friendship. Why the fvck wouldn't I get over an ex, is he God? shocked

Incite hate? How is that possible when I do the breaking up and there's even too much sweetness around me to give in to hating others. It's either I forgive you and we cool or I forgive and forget you. smiley

Ps: no dey generalize Snow. undecided
Iron lady.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by GodnGold: 2:06pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=OkuFaba post=56732671]I'm in a relationship and my Ex is also in a relationship with someone else but we still hook up sometimes. You know, sex after break up is like pension
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by GodnGold: 2:08pm On May 21, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by dacovajnr: 2:16pm On May 21, 2017
Well I dated my Ex for 8yrs, but after we went through acrimonious break-up last year due irreconcilable differences, we remain best of friends coz we couldn't just cancel out each other after 8yrs together ...it's not a bad idea wink

1 Like

Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 3:05pm On May 21, 2017
dacovajnr:
Well I dated my Ex for 8yrs, but after we went through acrimonious break-up last year due irreconcilable differences, we remain best of friends coz we couldn't just cancel out each other after 8yrs together ...it's not a bad idea wink
Do you think such friendship may continue even when you marry someone else and she marries her husband?
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by dacovajnr: 3:09pm On May 21, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Do you think such friendship may continue even when you marry someone else and she marries her husband?
Defintely
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by dacovajnr: 3:10pm On May 21, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Definitely Bro
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by FreeSpirited: 3:19pm On May 21, 2017
dacovajnr:
Definitely Bro
That's exactly what makes me open this thread....how would you guys draw the line...cos the chance of having flings is high
Re: Are There Ex We May Never Get Over In Life? by Youngpo413: 4:02pm On May 21, 2017
Uwaafid!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangerous Ladies Twerk On The Road Like There Is No Tomorrow / That Night With Joel / Things Women Love About Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.