Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer (1189 Views)

Samuel Yarling: Pre-Wedding Photos Of The Groom That Died On His Wedding Day / A Mass Indian Marriage Ceremony Funded By A Diamond Tycoon (photos) / Nigerian Bride Refuses To Kiss The Groom On Their Wedding For This Reason (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by sloye5(m): 7:18am On May 22, 2017
Couple marry at a hospice in an emotional last-minute ceremony funded by strangers after the groom was diagnosed with terminal cancer

Ray Kershaw, 63, and Tracy Brooks, 45, hoped to wed in Tenerife next year but were forced to change plans
Mr Kershaw was diagnosed with terminal intestinal cancer in March and has just days to live
Couple from Rochdale, Greater Manchester, tied the knot on Saturday thanks to generous strangers

A couple who had to abandon their dream wedding plans to marry abroad after the groom was diagnosed with terminal cancer have tied the knot at a last minute ceremony, thanks to the kind donations of strangers.
Tracy Brooks, 45, and Ray Kershaw, 63, had hoped to wed in Tenerife next year but were forced to change their plans when Ray was diagnosed with terminal cancer in March.
Mr Kershaw, who has intestinal cancer, has just days left to live and is currently being cared for at Springhill Hospice in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.

But thanks to the generosity of strangers and the charity Gift of a Wedding, the couple, who both live in Shawclough, Rochdale, tied the knot on Saturday in a wedding that was arranged in less than 24 hours.
Wedding organisers put out a call for donations for a ceremony originally scheduled to go ahead on June 2.

But as Mr Kershaw's condition started to deteriorate, the wedding was brought forward to Saturday, giving the families and Gift of a Wedding less than 24 hours to organise their big day.
Within hours of publishing the appeal, strangers and businesses had offered to pay for wedding cars, flowers, venue dressing, a cake and everything else required for the event.
Mr Kershaw and his new wife tied the knot at a moving ceremony attended by close relatives, friends and nursing staff at the hospice on Saturday afternoon.

Bridesmaid and relative Melissa King said the couple had been overwhelmed by everyone's generosity.
She said: 'All Ray and Tracy knew the cancer was terminal so all they wanted was to get married.
'What Gift of a Wedding did was incredible. They were up all hours the night before the wedding to make sure it happened.
'I know Tracy and Ray can't thank everyone enough for making it happen. We can't believe how much people donated at such short notice.'
Gift of a Wedding, posting on Facebook, said: 'We truly cannot thank each and every one of you enough who shared and commented on our post and most of all to the amazing suppliers who have come together at such short notice - you're all brilliant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4527786/Couple-marry-hospice-ceremony-funded-strangers.html

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by sloye5(m): 7:20am On May 22, 2017
Kindness of strangers: Charity Gift of a Wedding helped the couple to organise a fund to help them make their last-minute vows. Pictured: The Springhill staff with the newlyweds

All smiles: The couple put on brave faces and both dressed to impress, determined to enjoy their last-minute special day

Thankful: Gift of a Wedding, posting on Facebook, said: 'Rochdale you're just the best! Thank you so much for pulling together to help us with this urgent wedding today'

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Nobody: 7:25am On May 22, 2017
cry
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 7:29am On May 22, 2017
Why marry a dying man ? She could have just been there for him for support. Unless if there is something other than love involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 7:37am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:
Why marry a dying man ? She could have just been there for him for support. Unless if there is something other than love involved.

I don't get it either hey undecided. You know the guy is going to die any day from now and you rush to marry him .

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 7:39am On May 22, 2017
Lionessza:

I don't get it either hey undecided. You know the guy is going to die any day from now and you rush to marry him .

Lol exactly.

How's things in Jozi?
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 7:42am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:

Lol exactly.

How's things in Jozi?

Don't know I'm in Durbs till Thursday. How's was your weekend?
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Partnerbiz(f): 7:43am On May 22, 2017
Oyibo girls and weed..
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by MostBanned: 7:48am On May 22, 2017
which kain mumu wedding be this one now undecided

Partnerbiz:
Oyibo girls and weed..

No be only the girls......na all of them dey weed
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 7:51am On May 22, 2017
Lionessza:

Don't know I'm in Durbs till Thursday. How's was your weekend?

Oh nice and refreshing but hope you won't be tempted to hire inkabi grin. You there for work or pleasure? . It was ok , went to visit my grandparents in my village. How was yours?
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 7:58am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:

Oh nice and refreshing but hope you won't be tempted to hire inkabi grin. You there for work or pleasure? . It was ok , went to visit my grandparents in my village. How was yours?

Hahahaha @hiring inkabi , f*ck off that ain't the only thing this city is known for biatch. I'm beginning to think you live here wena, you know too much cry. Work babe , can't afford pleasure grin. Oh nice you still , I'm sure you ate nice healthy food lol. Mine was very busy, I've been here since Saturday morning slaving.
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by emerich(m): 8:01am On May 22, 2017
Aww.....!!! So cute! Love at it's finest...... Till death do them part.....
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by sinaj(f): 8:15am On May 22, 2017
MostBanned:
which kain mumu wedding be this one now undecided
May b d wedding will make her have legal access to his property wen he is gone

No be only the girls......na all of them dey weed

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 8:16am On May 22, 2017
Lionessza:

Hahahaha @hiring inkabi , f*ck off that ain't the only thing this city is known for biatch. I'm beginning to think you live here wena, you know too much cry. Work babe , can't afford pleasure grin. Oh nice you still , I'm sure you ate nice healthy food lol. Mine was very busy, I've been here since Saturday morning slaving.

Lol I heard you can get one in every street corner there , all you need is R200 and a picture and a bus ticket grin grin. Loll I told you I adopted one of your own plus I lived there for years. Sure , ouch shame , so you left him in Jozi unattended or you carried him on your back? Loll I need to inform my girl in Boksburg she's lonely too grin.
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by MostBanned: 8:19am On May 22, 2017
sinaj:

That's true sef.....oversense dey worry the woman grin
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by swagguElite(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2017
There is nothing so cute here ...unless you show the asset of this dying man ...

then I will believe she is not rushing to marry the man based on the fact that she has phucked her way into making the man transfer his assets to her after death! ...

those last minute of InfiniteAffection from her could cost her to loose her PreviousBrokeLifeTerminalIllness! ...just by making the dying man DyeThePoeticShadesOfHerNameInHisWill!

Nonetheless! ..it might be just true love! ...Abi naw! ... Yu don smoke! ...true love would make someone marry a dying man quickly! ...if i carry slap;move am left ...cum light you!...you will lose weight! angry
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 8:27am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:

Lol I heard you can get one in every street corner there , all you need is R200 and a picture and a bus ticket grin grin. Loll I told you I adopted one of your own plus I lived there for years. Sure , ouch shame , so you left him in Jozi unattended or you carried him on your back? Loll I need to inform my girl in Boksburg she's lonely too grin.

Hahahaha did he tell you all of this?be careful when you visit this side he might have a suprise for ya , he has done a lot of research already grin. Loll she can't measure up sweety so don't even try , no worries here grin. Btw wanted to ask if you both live there ?
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 10:02am On May 22, 2017
[left][/left]
Lionessza:

Hahahaha did he tell you all of this?be careful when you visit this side he might have a suprise for ya , he has done a lot of research already grin. Loll she can't measure up sweety so don't even try , no worries here grin. Btw wanted to ask if you both live there ?

Lol no ways , he can't be without me tongue. Hahahaha keep on telling yourself that. We live here for now.

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 10:25am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:
[left][/left]

Lol no ways , he can't be without me tongue. Hahahaha keep on telling yourself that. We live here for now.

Lol mxm whatever. Oh so you might come live this in the near future?.

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by sloye5(m): 10:35am On May 22, 2017
guys as much as i dont want to get inbetween your wonderful conversation..please can you take it else where?am sure the both of you have each other numbers..am not trying to be rude
Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 10:50am On May 22, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol mxm whatever. Oh so you might come live this in the near future?.

Yes that's the plan, but I want to secure i span first before I can pack up leave my current life here , yena he is quiet flexible.

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 11:08am On May 22, 2017
Tuksgrad:

Yes that's the plan, but I want to secure i span first before I can pack up leave my current life here , yena he is quiet flexible.

OK sure I understand. Let's bounce someone's upset tongue

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Lionessza(f): 11:09am On May 22, 2017
sloye5:
guys as much as i dont want to get inbetween your wonderful conversation..please can you take it else where?am sure the both of you have each other numbers..am not trying to be rude

No problem hun. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Tuksgrad(f): 11:10am On May 22, 2017
Lionessza:

OK sure I understand. Let's bounce someone's upset tongue

Lol sure I see that.

1 Like

Re: Ceremony Funded By Strangers After The Groom Was Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer by Dicedpineapple(f): 3:20pm On May 22, 2017
I think d man might be wealthy

(1) (Reply)

Does This Really Stop One From Contaminating Hiv? / My Girlfriend Made Me Drop Her Off At Her Boyfriend's House For 6-months / Nigerian Lady Burns Herself And Fiancé To Death For Ending Their Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.