Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike (19750 Views)

Lagosians Should Liberate Lagos Today By Voting Out Tinubucracry / Nigerians Can’t Be Fooled By Change Of Slogan, PDP Tells APC / Did Nigerians Signed Their Death Warrant By Voting Buhari As President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by obonujoker(m): 10:06am On May 23, 2017
wristbangle:

So in order to play safe, he should neglect development to allow slump degrade the serene plan of Lagos?

Well Lagos keeps developing everyday. I pity una 4 that side. You people allowed emotion to becloud your decision and now the consequences are knocking at your door.

Instead of looking past party and vote for a competent person, your brought in tout hence rate of cultism is poaching everyday in rivers state.

Why didn't you look beyond party before voting baba dullard, or Saraki as senator etc.. shift jare.... partisinist...
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Harwoyeez(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2017
Ask d chief security officer of ur state
hisgrace090:
Today's cultism in river state is getting out of hand,

Life is being waisted daily in rivers, I don't know why.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by obonujoker(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2017
ionsman:

So,if someone asks you if you have sense,you will say yes? Smh

@topic... Una never see anything. People who don't even know where Rivers state is in Nigeria will soon come here and give you lectures. Wike is a SCAM.

We can say same for those in Lagos, Osun, Benue...
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Oyindidi(f): 10:10am On May 23, 2017
Eyor1:

Shatap.... I am from Khana, nothing from Wike is in Bori or opobo.
Village boy, be civil when next you want to quote me. Ogoni piopio

That about 4 lane road he's constructing from sapkewa( don't know if the spelling is correct) down to bori. That road was like a death trap before now. He is working
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by jieta: 10:12am On May 23, 2017
Lilymax:

Neither, im igede
wow! good to have you online, my sister school in ugbokolo (i don't know if my spelling is correct) back then she told me good and wonderful stories about IGEDE people. i would have love to school there if not for some difficulties back then.

on issue of Benue state, the only solution is to restructure the state so that every tribe can have a sense of belonging
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by robosky02(m): 10:15am On May 23, 2017
lordsterlin:
Any Riverine native expecting Gov Wike to build/construct a bridge to connect them to Port Harcourt must be in a long thing. Gov Wike will only at best award contract to sandfill and do shore protection but will be too ready to finish all the road projects in his Obio-Akpor.

Truth is, we fooled ourselves for not voting Dakuku Peterside or Tonye Princewill. We collectively rigged him in just because we were fighting Amaechi who I think had our best interest at the time...

AND YOU DIDNT FOOL YOURSELF TO VOTE BUBU grin
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by AtlanticBreeze: 10:23am On May 23, 2017
lordsterlin:
Any Riverine native expecting Gov Wike to build/construct a bridge to connect them to Port Harcourt must be in a long thing. Gov Wike will only at best award contract to sandfill and do shore protection but will be too ready to finish all the road projects in his Obio-Akpor.

Truth is, we fooled ourselves for not voting Dakuku Peterside or Tonye Princewill. We collectively rigged him in just because we were fighting Amaechi who I think had our best interest at the time...
hopeathand kel4soft is that you? Lol.. why didnt amaechi do the projects for you after 8 years and billions in stolen money since he has your best interest at hand. Lol.. If you like, keep ranting here, during the next election, APC will still lose woefully. lol
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Abagworo(m): 10:25am On May 23, 2017
lordsterlin:

So your eyes are clearer now abi? Amaechi left his very close and more rugged friend Magnus Abbey to seek for power equity in Rivers State between upland and riverine but they used every means possible to thwart it. The truth is that upland might rule till 2023 and if care is not taken 2031.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Lilymax(f): 10:30am On May 23, 2017
jieta:
wow! good to have you online, my sister school in ugbokolo (i don't know if my spelling is correct) back then she told me good and wonderful stories about IGEDE people. i would have love to school there if not for some difficulties back then.

on issue of Benue state, the only solution is to restructure the state so that every tribe can have a sense of belonging

That's a good idea. Tiv people call the shots in Benue state

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by OGUAF(m): 10:34am On May 23, 2017
TheKingdom:

Amaechi having your interest or his interest I beg. For 8 years he did nothing but sabotage his people and his region so that Buhari a coupist can become president. Don't be silly about Peterside

you are lying to yourself. you want to tell me that amaechi did not work in rivers? ?...he did. yes I'm aware he stole billions of cash but saying he didn't do anything is not a good statement

cheers

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On May 23, 2017
sdavirus:
You guys are so funny.
I laugh when I see people that don't know how to get to PH, talk shit.

I've lived in Port Harcourt for the most part, for the past 25years.

Yes, Ameachi worked in his first tenure, but the roads he constructed, are they not the same roads being done by Wike? Have you taken time to view the way the projects are lined up for execution? Oh, you expect him to leave, Port Harcourt, the capital, and start with Okrika, abi?

I remember when Port Harcourt was scary, during Amaechis tenure, where little boys were walking on the street, and gunning people down for no reason, in broad daylight.

My folks went to the Assistant commissioners office not far from Aggrey, and they were under bombardment for anywhere between 30mins to One hour. All during the "great" Amaechi's tenure.

At the time, I attended RCCG, and the pastor said he was in his house, and just as he moved from the spot, he noticed a bullet flew through that area. Even he said he might seek transfer from Port Harcourt.

Getting ready to run at any moment was a normal thing.

Need I talk of the curfew? Soldiers everywhere?

Do we need to talk about Odili that started this?

Politicians would always be the same....at least, in Nigeria

So if anyone that just moved to PH last year starts talking about the violence, because of one or two people that have been gunned down-who might have got involved in stuff.

Think of all the issues in other cities that have risen up, primarily because of the state of things in the country.

So think before you talk.

I hardly write, but I cant stand silliness and irresponsible talk. Always be objective

There are few cities I prefer to PH. Very few..... And I have been/lived in more than 25 states.

“If the current problem with Amaechi is that he is not performing, I will say Jonathan, congratulations. If the current problem with Amaechi is because he is corrupt, I will say Jonathan, I congratulate you 10 times. If the controversy is because security is down in Rivers, I will say Jonathan I congratulate you 100 times. Right now, Jonathan, I don’t congratulate you at all. I say shame on you because you are not doing what is expected of you as a President.”

“If we go by proportion, say Jonathan take what you have done in any area at the national level, and take what Amaechi has done as governor of Rivers in that area, Amaechi scored better in education, health, security; the governor scored one million times better. In Rivers before now, security was bad. In Port Harcourt, which is a garden city of joy, nobody was going out. Amaechi stopped all that. Now you can go out in Port Harcourt and stay till anytime.”....Prof. Tam David West.

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by otokx(m): 10:43am On May 23, 2017
Abagworo:

So your eyes are clearer now abi? Amaechi left his very close and more rugged friend Magnus Abbey to seek for power equity in Rivers State between upland and riverine but they used every means possible to thwart it. The truth is that upland might rule till 2023 and if care is not taken 2031.

Upland will rule for a very long time, the Riverine people will just have to blend well with Bayelsa or Akwa Ibom.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by gryhusky(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
hydroking23:

I don't know about you, but for 8 years I watched Amaechi build schools, health centers, farms, roads and sends thousands of Rivers youths abroad on scholarship. If that is what you call sabotage then let him continue to sabotage. You hate Buhari for whatever reason, but Bayelsa people are regretting Goodluck today because what did he do for them? NOTHING! There is no road to his village for God's sake. If you are on ground in Rivers State you will know that people are regretting having Wike there.

You said Bayelsa people are regretting Goodluck today because he did nothing for them... Which is very bad......

So that is d reason why wike don't want he's people to regret voting he.....
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by honestivo(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2017
chrisxxx:
For the benefits of those who do not stay in Rivers State this is the true situation of things. The Op. in the first place never voted for Wike. So he has nothing to regret.
Authoritatively, I can tell you that over 65% of the indigenous population of Rivers State stays either in Port Harcourt LGA or Obio/Akpor LGA. I would want the Op. to refute this.
Over 80% of the non-indigenous population in Rivers State stays either in Port Harcourt or Obio/Akpor LGA. In essence these two LGAs are the heart and commercial centres of Rivers State. People complain less when the roads that network these two LGAs are in good conditions including basic amenities, security inclusive. The acts of concentrating development in these two LGAs never started today. Even His Royal Highness Diette-Spiff (King of Twon-Brass) the first military governor of River State despite being an Ijaw man did same. I would say he laid the foundation.
Politicians like window-dressing and playing to the gallery and where that can be achieved is where it could be seen by the literate and exposed populace.
For the information of all, till date Diette-Spiff is regarded as the best governor of Rivers State. Over 90% of his projects as the governor of the state were in these LGA.
We had other Governors of Ijaw stock like Okilo and Ada-George. They did same.
It may not stop with Wike, others to come will follow suit. The reasons part of which as was adduced above the second one is that winning the minds of the populace that reside in both LGAs guarantees you an election victory all things being equal.
If the Op. would say the truth he stays in one of these two LGAs even as a landowner.
Wike's situation is being hyped because he happens to come from Obio/Akpor. Amaechi their hero did the same thing. To an extent that he started to build monorail from the City centre in a place where there is hardly any traffic issue.
Op. there are lots of issues to criticise Wike with this one you chose is not one of it.

you can't justify the ethnic sentiment of Wike
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Celsony: 10:50am On May 23, 2017
Lilymax:
I always knew Wike had nothing good to offer
But weytin concern me sef?
My own governor is there sharing wheel barrows while my sch is on strike because he didnt pay lecturers.
#toomanythingswronginnigeria

Lilymax that our governor na clueless man him be.
If the award of the clueless governor is to start, i tell you Ortom will be number one.

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Lilymax(f): 11:02am On May 23, 2017
Celsony:

Lilymax that our governor na clueless man him be.
If the award of the clueless governor is to start, i tell you Ortom will be number one.
He could be the only one nominated sef

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by nattyhero(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2017
lordsterlin:

No doubt Gov Wike is working but where? He is only doing the roads in Obio-Akpor and Port Harcourt.

Wike is a chauvinist. He has reneged on his campaign promises to the Riverine communities anchoring on the lame excuse that the state allocation is dwindling. But the same man wants to construct road in Benue and Bayelsa states ...

The roads he is constructing all over the state is for obio Akpor alone? Haba let's be realistic. I am from delta state but stay in PH and my job takes me all over the state.
Wike is working. Keep politics apart. I also guess the road construction going on know ogoni is obio Akpor. Story tellers
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2017
wristbangle:

So in order to play safe, he should neglect development to allow slump degrade the serene plan of Lagos?

Well Lagos keeps developing everyday. I pity una 4 that side. You people allowed emotion to becloud your decision and now the consequences are knocking at your door.

Instead of looking past party and vote for a competent person, your brought in tout hence rate of cultism is poaching everyday in rivers state.

1)Is Wike's gangsterism anything near your own? Discuss cultism rate in Ogun state alone since you don't follow party rather elect saints

2)Are you per chance insinuating that Osibanjo lied when he was celebrating Wike few weeks ago?
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Akainzo(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2017
TheKingdom:

Amaechi having your interest or his interest I beg. For 8 years he did nothing but sabotage his people and his region so that Buhari a coupist can become president. Don't be silly about Peterside

Na wa for your lies o! He sabotaged his people by building roads, expanding existing ones and building bridges to link communities better or reduce the issues of traffic congestion?

Or he sabotaged his people by building quality health centres, upgrading public schools and employing qualified teachers to deliver quality education.

I guess he sabotaged his people by building 2 new power plants for electricity supply to rivers state.

I believe in your estimation GEJ was a man of the people which is why his Bayelsa State could not boast of the things Amaechi sabotaged his own people with. I get you, Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by DamiBukola: 12:11pm On May 23, 2017
imagine how a neophyt is making fool of nairalanders. This guy is never a Riverian, he is from Ogbomoso or Daura
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Chadotik: 12:12pm On May 23, 2017
TheKingdom:

You are very silly. Gov Amaechi is the best governor ever produced in Rivers State. Argue with your bad brain.

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by Celsony: 12:23pm On May 23, 2017
Lilymax:

He could be the only one nominated sef

Very true.
May God help our State.
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by lailo: 12:50pm On May 23, 2017
TheKingdom:

for 8 years he did nothing?and u are reporting PH from Oshogbo.Nigerians are funny sha.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by ibejichizzy: 1:15pm On May 23, 2017
lordsterlin:

pls remain a fool.....it makes d business interesting
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by sdavirus: 1:18pm On May 23, 2017
GeniusDavid:

Yea right. "One or two people", quite Obvious you ain't got value for human lives. I don't know about this your "I stayed in port Harcourt" crap tho but pls don't refer what happened during Odili's ternure to that of Amaechi, because it was quite the Antithesis. Amaechi changed the face of Port Harcourt totally, Crime was on a decline and investors were pouring in. You shouldn't make these pseudo-intelligent speeches and shambolic claims based on your shallow ideas or what nots.

You make me laugh! The scenarios I described, when did they happen? Spare the crap, if you wanna support any politician, that's your cup of tea. Maybe that's how you make your living. That's your problem. I say it as it affected us, the people. Can you compare the number of people killed then to this? Even if they are all the same? Go lick your masters boot. You try to sound intelligent, but you fall really short.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by sdavirus: 1:18pm On May 23, 2017
GeniusDavid:

Yea right. "One or two people", quite Obvious you ain't got value for human lives. I don't know about this your "I stayed in port Harcourt" crap tho but pls don't refer what happened during Odili's ternure to that of Amaechi, because it was quite the Antithesis. Amaechi changed the face of Port Harcourt totally, Crime was on a decline and investors were pouring in. You shouldn't make these pseudo-intelligent speeches and shambolic claims based on your shallow ideas or what nots.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by sdavirus: 1:23pm On May 23, 2017
chrisxxx:
For the benefits of those who do not stay in Rivers State this is the true situation of things. The Op. in the first place never voted for Wike. So he has nothing to regret.
Authoritatively, I can tell you that over 65% of the indigenous population of Rivers State stays either in Port Harcourt LGA or Obio/Akpor LGA. I would want the Op. to refute this.
Over 80% of the non-indigenous population in Rivers State stays either in Port Harcourt or Obio/Akpor LGA. In essence these two LGAs are the heart and commercial centres of Rivers State. People complain less when the roads that network these two LGAs are in good conditions including basic amenities, security inclusive. The acts of concentrating development in these two LGAs never started today. Even His Royal Highness Diette-Spiff (King of Twon-Brass) the first military governor of River State despite being an Ijaw man did same. I would say he laid the foundation.
Politicians like window-dressing and playing to the gallery and where that can be achieved is where it could be seen by the literate and exposed populace.
For the information of all, till date Diette-Spiff is regarded as the best governor of Rivers State. Over 90% of his projects as the governor of the state were in these LGA.
We had other Governors of Ijaw stock like Okilo and Ada-George. They did same.
It may not stop with Wike, others to come will follow suit. The reasons part of which as was adduced above the second one is that winning the minds of the populace that reside in both LGAs guarantees you an election victory all things being equal.
If the Op. would say the truth he stays in one of these two LGAs even as a landowner.
Wike's situation is being hyped because he happens to come from Obio/Akpor. Amaechi their hero did the same thing. To an extent that he started to build monorail from the City centre in a place where there is hardly any traffic issue.
Op. there are lots of issues to criticise Wike with this one you chose is not one of it.

Leave those paid and jobless people that have no clue to what is happening, saying trash. Just like you said, he chose the wrong thing to pick a fight on.
Only logical answer is these people are paid, or a relative of theirs got sacked or summat! Can't believe anyone can be so blind

1 Like

Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by GeniusDavid(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2017
sdavirus:

You make me laugh! The scenarios I described, when did they happen? Spare the crap, if you wanna support any politician, that's your cup of tea. Maybe that's how you make your living. That's your problem. I say it as it affected us, the people. Can you compare the number of people killed then to this? Even if they are all the same? Go lick your masters boot. You try to sound intelligent, but you fall really short.
You see that's the issue with you online political shills and nutjobs. You think everyone you come across is some paranoid political praise singer or nitwit. Maybe that explains why you go by the monicker virus.
For someone who has lived in 25 states, something tells me you are some roaming nomad. You see you live like a man without content and worth [Looks like it]. All you do is make vague, atrocious statements and claims depleting the little percentage of self esteem remaining, in exchange for food and false power that politics offers. You can't blame anyone for living on the wrong side of town for 25 years [pun intended], why don't you PM me so i hook you up for something doing?

Lastly,
May your stupidity never be your biggest achievement.
Re: We Fooled Ourselves By Voting Wike by omaguibu(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2017
But the Amaechi that had ur interest at heart was a Governor before Wike for 8 years. Why didnt he construct the bridge connecting the Riverine? Another frustrated APC apologist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS: LCC Repossesses Lekki Toll Gate / Charles Soludo: Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex-CBN Governor / Sadique Baba Abubakar Celebrates Easter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.