Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US (40474 Views)

John Allen Chau Killed In India, North Sentinel Island. Read His Letter / Evil Bird Monitoring A Man's Destiny Killed In Benin Today / Nigerian Pastor Performs Miracle On The Street Of London (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by JamieBlog(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2017
Police in Indianapolis, capital of Indiana in the United States have launched a manhunt for the killer of a Nigerian pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi.

The 66 year old Nigerian was shot to death at the weekend at an apartment complex near 10th Street and I-465 on the city’s west side. Friends and neighbors said Epenusi, had only recently moved to Indiana from Nigeria where he worked as a pastor.

Neighbors say they heard a series of gunshots early Saturday morning. “I heard about 15 gunshots. It was nuts,” said neighbor Kristina Teague

Teague called 911, but by the time police arrived the victim had run back to his apartment and a roommate then drove the bleeding man to Eskenazi Hospital where the 66-year-old died, unable to explain to his roommate what led up to the shooting. “The roommate said when he was on the way he asked him what happened and why he got shot, but the man couldn’t say nothing because he was still in pain,” said Moshood Kafaru.

Kafaru moved to the United States from Nigeria , as did the victim who worked as a pastor. “He was just a nice person who would go to work and come home and go to church. He didn’t talk to nobody. He never bothered nobody,” said Kafaru.

Police don’t know for sure, but Kafaru believes the violence started as a robbery. “He was holding a purse. He refused to let it go. They thought he had money in the purse, but he didn’t want to let it go,” said Kafaru.

A large group of Nigerians live in the apartment complex and those that knew Epenusi say he had been working hard to help his kids to move to the United States. “They just got a visa. That why he was working, so his family can come over here,” said Kafaru. “He was just an innocent man and it just upsets me that he’s gone just like that.”

“It’s really sad because he was here sending money to his family,” said Teague.

Police have asked people with information to contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/05/us-police-launch-manhunt-for-killer-of.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nobody: 9:45am On May 23, 2017
MODIFIED!

Hello to those that quoted me wrongly, I won't blame you much because it's when the topic hit FP, you will all be scrambling for a piece of place to write in your rubbish as if your life and future depends on it, thereby quoting people anyhow without using your common sense. Many of these re.tards that quoted me didn't even read the whole story like I did before it went on FP, am sure you all owe me an apology, well keep it for yourself.

I wrote this
That's good! Wicked ppl everywhere!

When the topic was initially this "THE US POLICE HAS BEGAN A SEARCH FOR THE PASTOR'S KILLER"

So you can tell the op or the mod or the both of them to change back the topic, cos I ain't going to change what I wrote, thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by bikerboy1(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
embarassed what he was running away from in Nigeria, still caught him in the US. You can run but you can't hide. It's only His Grace that is keeping us. What a life!!!

RIP MAN.

40 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by AngelicBeing: 10:01am On May 23, 2017
Police don’t know for sure, but Kafaru believes the violence started as a robbery. “He was holding a purse. He refused to let it go. They thought he had money in the purse, but he didn’t want to let it go,” said Kafaru

very unfortunate but if the excerpt above is true, he should have given them the purse and let the blood sucking demons go with the money than killing him, Late Tai Solarin says never argue with a man with a gunsad

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by atirolu(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
Tosinex:

Good you say??

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by mallorca(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
May you find mercy in front of the Lord

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by strawb(f): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by verygudbadguy(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
Tosinex:

Did u say "good" or it was a typo?

OP, The heart of man is desperately wicked.. Aside tribalism, nepotism and religious sentiments, we lack love amongst ourselves.

You see Yorubas killing Yorubas, Igbos do the same to their tribesmen, even Hausas to their fellow Aboki.. Example na Bokoharam throwing bombs in the mosque. Our problem is not tribalism alone, we lack love..

God, let your judgement come already.. We are all wicked in one way or the other.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nigeriadondie: 10:02am On May 23, 2017
The US wud always issue security alert to their citizens that some countries are not safe for their citizens when even their own country is nit safe for both citizens and foreigners alike.
There re many cities in the US that are far insecure than some cities in Nigeria. Even Sambisa is safer than some US cities cos of their gun madness undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by loadedvibes: 10:02am On May 23, 2017
Is alright
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Victornezzar: 10:02am On May 23, 2017
Tosinex:
U must be mad....just because of ftc space
U typed dis rubbish

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Larwin(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2017
This bad
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Lilymax(f): 10:02am On May 23, 2017
Chai,
U stay in Nigeria, problems
U leave Nigeria, worse problems
Rip sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Hysmady(m): 10:03am On May 23, 2017
RIP...
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by ekensi01: 10:03am On May 23, 2017
God didn't send him to US.
May be he is in Hell. Quote me with reasons.

Oh Lord Have MerCy.
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nobody: 10:03am On May 23, 2017
Why didn't "jesus" save him? grin

Xtianity is only for the gullible,

African religion till take over.

Try to shoot me and lets see how the gun will work.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by IgbosAreGreat(f): 10:04am On May 23, 2017
NAWAOOO RIP
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Funmisco: 10:04am On May 23, 2017
Oh noooo...rip
JamieBlog:
Police in Indianapolis, capital of Indiana in the United States have launched a manhunt for the killer of a Nigerian pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi.

The 66 year old Nigerian was shot to death at the weekend at an apartment complex near 10th Street and I-465 on the city’s west side. Friends and neighbors said Epenusi, had only recently moved to Indiana from Nigeria where he worked as a pastor.

Neighbors say they heard a series of gunshots early Saturday morning. “I heard about 15 gunshots. It was nuts,” said neighbor Kristina Teague

Teague called 911, but by the time police arrived the victim had run back to his apartment and a roommate then drove the bleeding man to Eskenazi Hospital where the 66-year-old died, unable to explain to his roommate what led up to the shooting. “The roommate said when he was on the way he asked him what happened and why he got shot, but the man couldn’t say nothing because he was still in pain,” said Moshood Kafaru.

Kafaru moved to the United States from Nigeria , as did the victim who worked as a pastor. “He was just a nice person who would go to work and come home and go to church. He didn’t talk to nobody. He never bothered nobody,” said Kafaru.

Police don’t know for sure, but Kafaru believes the violence started as a robbery. “He was holding a purse. He refused to let it go. They thought he had money in the purse, but he didn’t want to let it go,” said Kafaru.

A large group of Nigerians live in the apartment complex and those that knew Epenusi say he had been working hard to help his kids to move to the United States. “They just got a visa. That why he was working, so his family can come over here,” said Kafaru. “He was just an innocent man and it just upsets me that he’s gone just like that.”

“It’s really sad because he was here sending money to his family,” said Teague.

Police have asked people with information to contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/05/us-police-launch-manhunt-for-killer-of.html

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nobody: 10:04am On May 23, 2017
15 gun shots just to get a purse.....Na diamond dey inside?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:04am On May 23, 2017
so saddening & heart shattering. no peace 4 d wicked. R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by milkydaddy(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2017
I suspected kafaru Moshood

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by hucienda: 10:05am On May 23, 2017
The 2A ratified in the late 18th century still giving headache to the left, right and centre many years later in the 21st century.

Would be a herculean task to amend that part of the constitution.
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by TheLogicalMind(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2017
15 shots? Why does this sound like a hate crime? It reminds me of how the New York police shot an African immigrant Ahmadu Diallo 42 times some years back.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2017
MrUgooooo343:
Change your winning status today!!!!
Boost your financial status today!!!!!...see details below

Even for burial? Oga, where is your conscience?

[img]http:///media/5-23-2017/aUDDO3.gif[/img]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by EvilMetahuman: 10:05am On May 23, 2017
america is not safe

he ran from hardship in nigeria to encounter gruesome death in the so called utopia.

poor man. rip

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Amberon: 10:06am On May 23, 2017
Oh
Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Nobody: 10:07am On May 23, 2017
MrUgooooo343:

Please stop telling lies.

Go and get a real job. Even if na cleaner...at least na job....with legitimate pay.

Stop scamming people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by bikerboy1(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2017
ify0019:
call or whatsapp the number in the picture below if interested thanks
MrUgooooo343:

Bros you need this money more than everybody. Why not play this your so called fixed match and become a millionaire.

You are being too generous. And it freaks da hell out of me grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Meajor(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2017
Not judging buh.... I pity those wey say you can't make it in your country without traveling outside...see na when they say seek the will of God for your life you'll not... Weere the promised long life now...your kids don become orphans, wetin you find go their you no come get...wasted life

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US by Deem: 10:09am On May 23, 2017
Some commentators are useless

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moment Crowd Gathered To Welcome Odumeje At Anambra Airport (Video) / Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video) / Carlos Roe The Goalkeeper Who Rejected Man United To Await The End Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.