Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) (104430 Views)

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by begwong: 6:37pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:
Even in this current situation in Nigeria, some people are still kind hearted. 

This is the story of a young lady that returned some money that was mistakenly transferred to her account. Her name is Zinny Adajiugo. She was minding her business when she received an sms bank alert. After a while the person called her and was begging her to return the money that he did it in error. She calmed the man down and told him she has a daily limit of 500k a day, so she transferred 500k yesterday and promised to transfer the rest today, and true to type she sent the rest of the money today. She said the reason why she did it was because of the way her mom trained her not to take what belongs to other people. 

Attached are screen shots from her Facebook page of her narration on the incident ‎

Good manners there. Keep it up. May God grant you a husband with same manners nne!
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by rezzy: 6:37pm On May 23, 2017
How did he get her number?
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 6:38pm On May 23, 2017
..Kudos to you Zinny..Dem train you well...Most Nigerians wont do same though..so damn dishonest angry
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by EmpireSolid: 6:38pm On May 23, 2017
What of me that returned the one million naira sumbody mistakenly transferred to my acct?? cry

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by tizzle(m): 6:38pm On May 23, 2017
why do people like to blow their own trumpet? u transfered the money back so wetin concern us? u haven't even shown us proof that u sent the money back... how did the person get your number sef
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Baamivic: 6:39pm On May 23, 2017
I have returned #330,000 that mistakenly transfer to my account this year

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Collyno82(m): 6:39pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.
I know u, u will return it
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by uju22(f): 6:39pm On May 23, 2017
Very good and kind of her, we sure do have good people here
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 6:39pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.

...You will just place a curse on yourself for nothing...

3 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:39pm On May 23, 2017
What if that money was sent to a pastor's account mistakenly?
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2017
Happened to me once courtesy of stress and almighty android. Didn't see the final GT prompt. But in my case it was to a business contact so no probs. How it happens to a random fella befuddles me. All banks should adopt tbe GT system. Register the recepient first before the transfer can be made. Surely you can't bung that twice except under a spell.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by zabuur: 6:40pm On May 23, 2017
It happened to me. 128k. The girl didn't wanna return it until I got them all arrested. The mother, brother, their pastor and the girl. That was 2 years ago

3 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by menwongo(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2017
seunoni34:
I thought online transfer usually shows the account holders name once you type in the account number?

Thank you my brother
Leave those fools trying to fool people

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Priest200(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2017
This look like formulation.. How did he get her number abi na recharge card transfer

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
God bless her. But to be sincere I'll not return it if such opportunity occurs to me for these reasons...

I was operating a UBA account, I later relocated to UYO only for UBA to be deducting money from my account indiscriminately in the sense that any transaction I process in my account they'd charge me N3000, be it deposit or withdrawal. I had gone to approach them and the reason they gave me was that they had saved me the risk of carrying the money from my original location to Uyo, I find the excuse as flimsy and dubious, as the experience persisted I went to transfer all the money in the account to my second account in Access Bank they told me that they don't have transaction links or whatever with the Access Bank, meanwhile Access Bank is directly opposite theirs, for those who knows UYO very well, I'm taking about the UBA branch at Aka road by Plaza opposite Access Bank before First Bank. So I decided to withdraw the money from the counter, they insisted I must live a minimum balance of N10'000, I went to the Manager, after accessing his system he told I will forfeit a minimum of N20'000, after few argument with him I quietly went back to the man at the counter and withdrew the money living behind N10'000, but in the process of paying me he mistakenly over payed me by N100'000 of one rap of N1000 Notes, after counting the money and found out that the money was excess, I had gone out of the Banking hall when something began to tell me return the money because the money I had with me was for business and I shouldn't go with the money, as a good man I returned the money to the man that payed me and guess what, he just collected the money from me and kept as if nothing happened without ordinarily thank you, it pained me to the bone and since then I had learned how to be heartless in such cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by JummyForReal: 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
RealHaute:
Some Nairaland ladies would have...... *coughs*
and you think everyone is like you abi?......
oyinoshi
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by begwong: 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

Easy, the person that sent the cash would have complained to the bank and they'd have released the recipient's number.
That is it. The bank need to disclose her number to the sender for ease of communication because the bank can't effect any reversal on that account.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Collyno82(m): 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
Ngokafor:

..Kudos to you Zinny..Dem train you well...Most Nigerians wont do same though..so damn dishonest angry
Most South Africans won't do it. stealing from Nigerians tru Mtn n dstv has been their preoccupation from time immemorial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Greatken007(m): 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
says who?
Joejonah:
Her account would be suspended if she didn't return the money... And she would be arrested subsequently.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
egbaguy2:
How the person get her number though

Same question I was going to ask.

Most likely he knows the lady previously and has transferred money to her account. That's about the only way an error can be made.

Something similar happened to me. I was trying to transfer money to my other account and I mistakenly selected a wrong name: a mallam that changes dollar for me.. And kaboom, the money was sent before I noticed. Sharperly, I called the mallam and asked him how much is dollar. Told him I have transferred so so amount and I'm coming to pick the dollar equivalent. That's how I saved my cash. If I told him na mistake, he might have denied that he received such an amount.

15 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ioreth69(f): 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:

grin
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Dcomrade(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
egbaguy2:
I was abt to ask same question bcoz I once mistakenly transferred money(not much though) to the wrong person and since there was no means to contact the person I mistakenly transferd the money to I just had to forget abt the money. They should tell us how to get such number in case of wrong transfers.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by justflow1(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
God Bless you
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by talk2aikay(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2017
Nice one, but how he promptly got her number so fast like they were previously acquinted beats me, and i know banks don't disclose customer info just like that, and according to the narrative dude's call came through shortly after the alert. Pardon my skeptucism, na naija we dey, everything can be arranged.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 6:45pm On May 23, 2017
Where did he get ur phone number from to call you Yeye dey smell
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by farihafaheemah(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2017
egbaguy2:
The same question came to my mind!
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ayili: 6:45pm On May 23, 2017
mamatayour:
Online transfer ehn
Yes transfer and he got her phone number immediately and called her
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by joeace2020(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2017
Unfortunately Nigerians are opportunists and dishonest.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by d33types: 6:46pm On May 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
People are good out there like me but this your story na Fake I bet.Bloogers undecided
Did you become blind not to see Facebook?
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Gkemz: 6:46pm On May 23, 2017
It's for her own good because if she had refused to return the money, her account would have been blacklisted and deactivated for fraud. With her BVN detail, she could be traced and arrested by efcc as well.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2017
d33types:

Did you become blind not to see Facebook?
yes...d Facebook story is fake..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes / "Binary Option Trading (become A Millionaire In A Year)"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.