Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) (104434 Views)

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by obidevine(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2017
Gkemz:
It's for her own good because if she had refused to return the money, her account would have been blacklisted and deactivated for fraud. With her BVN detail, she could be traced and arrested by efcc as well.

You are absolutely right
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by PoshOmoking: 6:50pm On May 23, 2017
I can sense say this girl nah runs girl sef... see her pic.. maybe the 860k isn't just new to her.. cos lemme nur lie o, I go think I'm twice! 860k shocked

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 23, 2017
How did he get your Phone Number?

Just asking
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by kennymotors(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:
Even in this current situation in Nigeria, some people are still kind hearted. 

This is the story of a young lady that returned some money that was mistakenly transferred to her account. Her name is Zinny Adajiugo. She was minding her business when she received an sms bank alert. After a while the person called her and was begging her to return the money that he did it in error. She calmed the man down and told him she has a daily limit of 500k a day, so she transferred 500k yesterday and promised to transfer the rest today, and true to type she sent the rest of the money today. She said the reason why she did it was because of the way her mom trained her not to take what belongs to other people. 

Attached are screen shots from her Facebook page of her narration on the incident ‎

my sister,it might be scam,or fraud next time ,insist/sure you send/tranfer the money to the same account number that credit your account,God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by permit(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

This is the story of a young lady that returned some money that was mistakenly transferred to her account. Her name is Zinny Adajiugo. She was minding her business when she received an sms bank alert. After a while the person called her and was begging her to return the money that he did it in error. She calmed the man down and told him she has a daily limit of 500k a day, so she transferred 500k yesterday and promised to transfer the rest today, and true to type she sent the rest of the money today. She said the reason why she did it was because of the way her mom trained her not to take what belongs to other people.

Attached are screen shots from her Facebook page of her narration on the incident ‎

JummyForReal:
and you think everyone is like you abi?......
oyinoshi
obidevine:

.lets hear 4m a wise chichi man

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by moshino(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.

God has heard your prayers, and He will remember you accordingly.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Kokadomfreedom(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2017
Has Nigeria been great before??
WhistleB:
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by DemgadTinko: 6:54pm On May 23, 2017
This is so nice . im proud to be a Nigerian . Let's work hard and smart , with God's grace we will make money too. No need to be wicked , or greedy.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by kayceeD2(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.
Weldon sir
Abacha family spotted

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by cole265(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

I believe so too

The problem is that there are more thieves than Saints

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by bionixs: 6:56pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

I believe so too
chai :-)Chai! ADA MMADU
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by mamatayour(f): 6:59pm On May 23, 2017
ayili:

Yes transfer and he got her phone number immediately and called her
he will definitely get her number by contacting the bank. Something similar happened to a colleague of mine and it was done that way.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by bionixs: 7:00pm On May 23, 2017
sbashir10:
she's a good woman, slay queen's will never return it oh
eeeh! return wetin? na her life she go even return give you
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by obidevine(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2017
Now here's what actually happened . The lady opened up to me that this is what actually transpired

"Ok this is what happened... this guy was supposed to buy something from me.. so he already had my account number... he told me that d secretary will pay 20k to me, but instead 860k was paid... so I was surprised when I receive d alert
And I waited for his call"

She would have easily made away with the money, but she didn't.

FYI, she sells stuff online.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by scarletkinq(m): 7:01pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:

we know your type ...thief ...robber...cheat...corrupt entity
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by obataokenwa(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2017
This scripture comes to mind...

Jer 17:11 [As] the partridge sitteth [on eggs], and hatcheth [them] not; [so] he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Jflex07(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2017
WhistleB:
With these thieves at the helm of affairs? you are in dreamland.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by neocortex: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
airex:
Which bank dey do like that?

All banks.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Koolking(m): 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

This is the story of a young lady that returned some money that was mistakenly transferred to her account. Her name is Zinny Adajiugo. She was minding her business when she received an sms bank alert. After a while the person called her and was begging her to return the money that he did it in error.

The story does not add up. My questions are:

How did the sender know the random beneficiary's phone number to call immediately when he realised he made a mistake?

She claimed to send the money in 2 batches of supposed N500k & N360k respectively due to transfer limit, how come the credit alert shows N860,000.00?

The girl is an attention seeker, looking for people to like her comment and perhaps for men do business with her - isn't she pretty with her sensual dressing? She's driving traffic to her page like common bloggers all for runs.

Nonsense for talking about moral upbringing when she had none.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by peacettw: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
PqsMike:
In a s much as I commend the lady...I still believe this story is not true.

How did he get the wrong account number?

When transferring cash, you'll definitely be asked to confirm the name if the recipient.., what was he thinking at that moment?

The lady said few minutes after the transfer ...the guy called, how was he able to get the mobile contact of the recipient within that short time?

Lastly, this was posted by the "good Samaritan" on Facebook...No way of confirming

Need beautiful architectural designs/drawing

Check my profile

Early this year, I mistakenly transferred 150k to one of the numerous and unknown account numbers stored in my online account. I was clicking away on a reflex and had already hit the sent button before I realised my mistake. To cut the long story short, I got the recipient's number from a friend of mine who happens to be a banker, called and he was kind enough to return my money. So you see, shit really does happen in real life too.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by calculusx(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2017
I made the same mistake last year and within the twinkle of an eye the dude wiped all the funds. He only returned 50k after 3weeks and dash into thin air with 450k. Wish I had his time,he will b cooling off in jail by now cos I have his pic n BVN no
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Onedibe1: 7:09pm On May 23, 2017
WhistleB:

Bro,y deceiving urself..Nigeria cant be great again,3 out of every 13billion pipo in Nigeria cn be dat honest..0.0000000000002percent
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by PRYCE(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

Easy, the person that sent the cash would have complained to the bank and they'd have released the recipient's number.
A Bank Will Never Release Your Private, Contact Information To Any Bloody Person Unless They Receive A Court Order To That Effect. Stop Misleading People!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Ashmark(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2017
Is this one news...Something that I do every time
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Tecno66: 7:11pm On May 23, 2017
How did the man get the woman's number? From the bank? Secondly the lady had no choice else the police will be at her doorstep. I had an experience. A stressed up bank lady mistakenly credited my money to a young guys account. Immediately he got the alert he rushed to the atm to withdraw the money even though he was not expecting such money. His address was taken from bank records and the bank officials along with police were at his house next day. The parents were shocked at what the boy did but they refused to bring him out claiming he had gone out because they know the implication if he is arrested. They huzzled the money out sharp sharp.
obidevine:

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by neocortex: 7:11pm On May 23, 2017
PqsMike:
In a s much as I commend the lady...I still believe this story is not true.

How did he get the wrong account number?

When transferring cash, you'll definitely be asked to confirm the name if the recipient.., what was he thinking at that moment?

The lady said few minutes after the transfer ...the guy called, how was he able to get the mobile contact of the recipient within that short time?

Lastly, this was posted by the "good Samaritan" on Facebook...No way of confirming

Need beautiful architectural designs/drawing

Check my profile

It happens, usually after being frustrated with the transfer and
someone is on your neck to pay their money,
in the subsequent trials you are likely to pay less attention to the name.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ifnyioj22(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2017
And my wife mistakenly transfered 340k to one aninwagu chinonso James (08067671435) frm GTB to uba since December the guy bone sey na mmm pay am!
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by madjune(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2017
Make she no return am.

Efcc no get mouth only for Twitter atimes.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Oju4190: 7:15pm On May 23, 2017
Dats nice.....but wait oooo....hw did he get d babe number?
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by alexiej(m): 7:20pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:

Proverbs 20:17
Food gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ilevic(m): 7:22pm On May 23, 2017
Only if Bubu Could be this honest with his campaign promises
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by KaptainAfrika: 7:25pm On May 23, 2017
Do you know that it is a crime, to spend any money that was mistakenly sent to your account? That's because it's not yours in the first place. The bank upon confirmation that it was a mistake, will refund the amount from your account, even if you have spent the money. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes / "Binary Option Trading (become A Millionaire In A Year)"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.