Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,494 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Help! I Have Been Scammed - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! I Have Been Scammed (5552 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Please Help, I Have Lost Much Money Trying To Earn Money Online. / If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 24, 2017
bomasek:
Baba u should v tabled the issue here before u paid,just a phone call to a buddy of mine in road safety would put your indiscretion in check.

This is to all and sundry who may encounter similar issues either now or in the future,do copy me for clarification when fraudsters who pretend to be officials of FRSC or NCS get in touch with u,I got buddies in those orgs that can help with first hand info.

It didn't occur to me at the time. I wish I did.

I'll take note.

Thank you, sir.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 24, 2017
oyetpel:
Your Mentor duped you Mr Man

He wouldn't do such a thing, boss.

Thank you.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 24, 2017
24hourNigeriane:
Where was your mentor all those while you are making the calls

He was in his office.

We haven't spoken since then.

He's innocent in all these.

Thank you.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Elmojiid(m): 10:49pm On May 24, 2017
by their name we shall..........u kwn the rest, am here on behalf of NCAN

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by hasyak(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2017
Place the guy's number here,,we will get him to return your money, be sure of the number you're dropping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by dingbang(m): 12:15am On May 25, 2017
You have learnt your lesson the hard way... Do not make same mistake again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 5:20am On May 25, 2017
Naturelover:
@op, I'm sorry about your loss. I'm angry at the fact that your mentor led you on when he didn't know the guy in question? that's not so nice. I think your mentor should refund half of the money you lost, he's partly responsible for your losses.
mentor refund abi? Lol
did u read d warning part?
"So my mentor called and asked me to call the guy, but says he suspects the guy is a scammer, so I should tread with caution."
the guy fall mugu simple!
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 5:33am On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

Thanks so much for your concern.

I'll do as you recommend.

In Nigeria, the institutions do not care about strict enforcement. All they want is to make the rules, not caring who bends it.
healthmatters01:

I wish I could.

Somehow, I feel they'll just laugh it over.
from hw u chat & talk, u dont look like someone who is cautious & very serious. U av bn advised to Approach efcc with all ur details & proof of being scammed & u r dere talkin about hw they would just laff over it.... What nonsense!
So pls why r u lamenting here on nairaland & what r u seeking 4rm us?
Why was efcc den established?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:05am On May 25, 2017
sleuthhound:
from hw u chat & talk, u dont look like someone who is cautious & very serious. U av bn advised to Approach efcc with all ur details & proof of being scammed & u r dere talkin about hw they would just laff over it.... What nonsense!
So pls why r u lamenting here on nairaland & what r u seeking 4rm us?
Why was efcc den established?

I am serious, sir. I have made some calls already, trying to see how I can get help.

I know there are Nairalanders who are skilled detectives. That's why I put it on here, because I know I can get all the help I need to catch the thief. That's why I put this here.

Thank you.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:06am On May 25, 2017
hasyak:
Place the guy's number here,,we will get him to return your money, be sure of the number you're dropping

Thank you, bro.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by dustydee: 7:20am On May 25, 2017
Good for you. Do not pay for jobs yet you will not hear. Hopefully you have learned from this.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by dustydee: 7:25am On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

Sure, I did, sir. I learnt the hard way.

I never thought I could be so gullible myself.

cry
Report to the bank so they can investigate the account and the holder.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by ladoney(f): 8:43am On May 25, 2017
Op sorry for the loss but it's a lesson we all get to learn from. Let me tell you the story of someone close to me... He was scammed of about 1mil. Everyone was saying report to the police, go to the bank, efcc. I put it to you that you would only loose more money to these supposed agencies that are supposed to be fighting for us. They would collect money from someone who has lost money and won't do anything bout it. Go to the bank and they'd ask for police report before they can do anything, you'd then go back to the police who will ask you for money and wouldn't do anything.
You will also require a lawyer whom you will have to pay. This supposed person I'm telling you about is already frustrated about the whole process and is regretting spending anymore and I really don't know the usefulness of these corruption fighting agencies, 90% will scam you of whatever you have left.
So except you know any top shot police officer that can help you, I'd suggest you count your losses and learn from this experience you had. Thank God it didn't go past this amount.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 8:47am On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

I am serious, sir. I have made some calls already, trying to see how I can get help.

I know there are Nairalanders who are skilled detectives. That's why I put it on here, because I know I can get all the help I need to catch the thief. That's why I put this here.

Thank you.
dont waste ur time on nairaland, nairaland isnt empowered by law 2 recover stolen funds or catch thieves. U maybe making things easier 4 d scammer by ditching whatever leads u av on him if he comes across such public posts & making things harder 4 law enforcement in tracking him. Visit ur nearest efcc office& file a petition4 "OBT", take along ur bank statement& call log details
if u lik ignore d advice, jst as u ignored ur mentor's warning
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by ayusco85(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

Thanks for your kind words.

I will. Guess life sometimes teaches us the hard way.

The money isn't gone yet. Am a banker and u can salvage your money, provided he hasn't withdrawn it.

Call the customer service of the said bank he banks, get the actual details of the transaction, date, amount, beneficiaries name, account number, and source account. Then report that u were defrauded, u were compelled to make a fraudulent transfer as u didn't get the service u paid for, the beneficiary isn't picking your call and hasn't delivered the service u paid for. They will put the said funds on hold, if it's still in his account and u will be asked to provide a court order for it to be placed on hold indefinitely until u two resolve the issue. Some banks won't ask for court order. Hope u get the explanation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 9:19am On May 25, 2017
ladoney:
Op sorry for the loss but it's a lesson we all get to learn from. Let me tell you the story of someone close to me... He was scammed of about 1mil. Everyone was saying report to the police, go to the bank, efcc. I put it to you that you would only loose more money to these supposed agencies that are supposed to be fighting for us. They would collect money from someone who has lost money and won't do anything bout it. Go to the bank and they'd ask for police report before they can do anything, you'd then go back to the police who will ask you for money and wouldn't do anything.
You will also require a lawyer whom you will have to pay. This supposed person I'm telling you about is already frustrated about the whole process and is regretting spending anymore and I really don't know the usefulness of these corruption fighting agencies, 90% will scam you of whatever you have left.
So except you know any top shot police officer that can help you, I'd suggest you count your losses and learn from this experience you had. Thank God it didn't go past this amount.
d law enforcement agencies u attacking r a reflection of u & i, as well as d corrupt society we create by ourselves. Its only when we av problems we remember dem abi but 4getting u no put dem in consideration when making d scammed 1million naira deal.. Dat ur close friend goofed by nt following due process in transacting 1milla tru proper channels e.g banks, receipts, lawyers, tellers, proper signed documents, etc which would facilitate recovery easily in case of any breach or scamming.
NO! u guys wont do dat but prefer shortcuts lik d "frsc style" & get scammed, den u blame/laff @ law enforcement. dere is corruption in law enforcement no doubt but most imptly play ur own part by nt following shortcuts in life!
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by ladoney(f): 9:32am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=sleuthhound [/quote]
I'm entitled to my opinion and so you are. Shikena!
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Naturelover: 9:53am On May 25, 2017
sleuthhound:
mentor refund abi? Lol
did u read d warning part?
"So my mentor called and asked me to call the guy, but says he suspects the guy is a scammer, so I should tread with caution."
the guy fall mugu simple!
Lol, I read it. I just felt that since the mentor couldn't confirm he knew the guy, he shouldn't have advised op to call the guy at all
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 10:22am On May 25, 2017
Naturelover:

Lol, I read it. I just felt that since the mentor couldn't confirm he knew the guy, he shouldn't have advised op to call the guy at all
dis is where smartness comes in lol!
I av experinced such requests b4, when dem begin ask for money i jst laff dem off.
If na me i go force mentor to commit himself by him payin on my behalf or i pay to mentor so im go sort am&deal with him on my behalf. Cos d fact still remains dat uno sabi d other guy. So d mentor takes some responsibility. Lol
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 10:28am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=ladoney post=56856836][/quote] lol i know & dnt dispute dat. I just fine-tuned ur opinion
(Law enforcement ags are a reflection of d corrupt society we create by ourselves.)
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by ladoney(f): 10:57am On May 25, 2017
sleuthhound:
lol i know & dnt dispute dat. I just fine-tuned ur opinion
(Law enforcement ags are a reflection of d corrupt society we create by ourselves.)
I do quite agree with you tho... as I always say if it's too good to be true then it probably isn't.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by hasyak(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2017
hasyak:

I guess we now know you're lying
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by lionphil(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:
Good evening, fellow Nairalanders.

Some guy called this morning saying there is an ongoing replacement at the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). He did not call me directly. He did someone I'm close to and hold in high esteem. He mentioned the person's name and where he works, saying they are acquaintances. What made it all the more convincing was that True Caller showed the scammer's name as Emma FRSC.

So my mentor called and asked me to call the guy, but says he suspects the guy is a scammer, so I should tread with caution.

I then called the guy. He asked how I got his number. Trying to play smart, I have him a fake name. He said he doesn't know the guy and isn't aware any replacement. I pressed further, but he wouldn't budge. So I asked if he knew my mentor. I gave him the first name then he interjected with the surname. And was like, I should have said so since. Said he knows my mentor and wanted to keep him in the know just in case. "Sounds reasonable" I thought to myself.

So he asked to send him my personal details so he will enter my name. I did.

Minutes later, he called to ask to send him my measurements, that they'd enter them alongside the other information I sent earlier. I did that as well.

After some time, he called to ask that I send #11,500 (#1,500 for form and #10,000 for enlistment fee). I got suspicious and called to inform my mentor. My mentor said to give him since it isn't so much money.

An hour later, he called again, saying my name has been successfully added to the list, but that I'll have to pay for uniform, since the government has yet to pass the budget. I asked the amount, and he said #28,550.

I wasn't convinced, so I called a couple of friends to inquire if such is even possible. They reluctantly gave the nod. We were so gullible because none of us had been scammed before. So I paid in #29,000 into his account.

Some two hours later, he called again saying the uniform money was short by 18k, citing the prices of stuff had gone up. That I should send the said amount to balance.

It was at that moment that I realised I was dealing with a 419er. However, I still played along. Told him I hadn't any money left to send to him, so he should balance it from his account and I'll pay him back when I go for documentation. He said he hadn't any money as well, and insisted that I pay up. I left him hanging as I type this.

Please, does anyone know how I can get back my money? I haven't much money left with me after he swindled me of roughly 42k.

I rounded up my NYSC in November last year and had been a freelance writer until I faced some health challenges. I am now better healthwise, but my doctor advised against staying in one place for too long, as my condition was caused by my sedentary lifetyle. That means that I am not able to write anymore. So I went in search of a job that requires me to move around more frequently.

That seems to have landed me in trouble. 41k may not seem like much but it's about all the money I have left to live on pending when I'm able to secure a job.

Please someone who's experienced in these things should help me on how to get back my money. cry

Okpe Sunny Richardson, 3047615678, Skye Bank.

Okpe Sunny Richardson, 3094315371, First Bank.

Lalasticlala, Seun, please help me.

I just received a similar call for replacement in NSCDC around 10am today...he said I should call back in about 5 mins later. I encouraged him into spending 3 mins of his airtime...I can never call such a person back. he claimed I told him to call me whenever a space is available. I don't know the guy from Adam, I just hope he doesn't do anything funny.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 25, 2017
hasyak:

I guess we now know you're lying

I wouldn't taint someone's name for no just cause.

I've spoken with the guy three times already today, said he's waiting on some guy to send him money so he'd refund me.

I quoted you with the number initially, but he called me soon after and promised to give back my money. That was why I removed the number from the quote.

I'll update the thread and pm you if he fails to comply.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 25, 2017
lionphil:

I just received a similar call for replacement in NSCDC around 10am today...he said I should call back in about 5 mins later. I encouraged him into spending 3 mins of his airtime...I can never call such a person back. he claimed I told him to call me whenever a space is available. I don't know the guy from Adam, I just hope he doesn't do anything funny.

Some people will do anything for money tho.

I wonder what's with the desperation.

Thank God you saw through his scheming early enough.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by ruggedtimi(m): 12:47pm On May 25, 2017
lol...anything that has to do with pay money into acct and you havnt met the person..is a Scam
..unless a verified source like paying for jamb form, school fees and nysc. etc.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by bomasek(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

I've spoken with the guy three times already today, said he's waiting on some guy to send him money so he'd refund me.

I quoted you with the number initially, but he called me soon after and promised to give back my money. That was why I removed the number from the quote.

Money is gone,forget it.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 1:56pm On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

lol, bros u need ask dat bro who is so desperate in need of d scammer's contacts. Wetin im need d phone no for& hw im go take re-scam the scammer to refund the scammee.?
i dey wonder if im get jazz to fall the guy tru phone call. Jst dey careful &dnt tip d scammer on ur nxt move if he fails to refund. Surprise Him instead!
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 25, 2017
sleuthhound:
lol, bros u need ask dat bro who is so desperate in need of d scammer's contacts. Wetin im need d phone no for& hw im go take re-scam the scammer to refund the scammee.?
i dey wonder if im get jazz to fall the guy tru phone call. Jst dey careful &dnt tip d scammer on ur nxt move if he fails to refund. Surprise Him instead!

Thanks for this bro.

That's my line of thought as well.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he fails to comply, I'll go at him with everything I've got.

Thanks again.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by MaziOmenuko: 2:20pm On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

Thanks for this bro.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he fails to comply, I'll go at him with everything I've got.

Thanks again.

You are very much aware that you have been scammed; the scammer is asking for time to refund you and you believe him? How naive can you be? He needs more time to restrategize, empty the bank account and so on. You are not that smart. Why are you shielding him? What are you protecting the image of someone that scammed you? Post his name here, his full details and his phone number so that when someone googles his name or phone number, google will direct the person to this page.

You have been scammed, that money isn't coming back; save another person from the said scam.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by sleuthhound: 2:31pm On May 25, 2017
healthmatters01:

Thanks for this bro.

Thanks again.
good! My advice dnt listen & accept jst whatever d scammer says while he & u stalls 4 time in refunding cos hes already shown u no1 sign. Hes nt to be trusted
2. Start making ur moves & official reports nw to relevant authorities, as well as carry d authorities along on ur conversation with d scammer. As u negotiate ur refund. so it wont be too late & scammer plays a fast one on u as u dey give am "benefit of doubt"
3. Dnt threaten him, jst allow him hv his atmosphere of comfort. But when its time 2treat im fk up, guy! show no mercy.
I once used soldiers to brutalise a scammer, guy! does guys hardly confess/repent. Even with a corked rifle to d head&red hot slaps, im no kuku wan confess over 40k wey im chop 4rm my lady friend.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 25, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

You are very much aware that you have been scammed; the scammer is asking for time to refund you and you believe him? How naive can you be? He needs more time to restrategize, empty the bank account and so on. You are not that smart. Why are you shielding him? What are you protecting the image of someone that scammed you? Post his name here, his full details and his phone number so that when someone googles his name or phone number, google will direct the person to this page.

You have been scammed, that money isn't coming back; save another person from the said scam.

Although he gave his name as Emma, his real name is Okpe Sunny Richardson.

His phone number is

He uses bank account numbers 3094315371 and 3047615678, First- and Skye Bank respectively.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment In A Shipping And Logistics Company / Update On DPR / IBEDC Recruitment Update

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.