Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,350 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 (18946 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouq: Why We Are Yet To Pay 12,000 N-Power Volunteers / Sadiya Umar Farouq: N-Power Volunteers Will Get Their Stipends Next Week / COVID-19: Akeredolu Offers Permanent Jobs To Volunteers In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by obembet(f): 7:58am On May 25, 2017
FG dey craze... BUHARI wey dey London no dey collect alawe, and all his entitlement abi...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by askjohnprosper: 7:59am On May 25, 2017
if in Rivers State were federal government approved your local government but the state takes people to outside your local government of residence, will you expect them to go every day? you spend roughly 1500 to 2500 to get to the place of primary assignment. How will you cope? Federal govt said within your locality. 1500*5*4= 22500 for the least. you can do the rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by fuckpro: 8:06am On May 25, 2017
Mckandre:
Its a good development, at least my colleagues wey dey house dey enjoy go sharpen up, I cant see how 30k would be enough for me to enter villages asking questions about their current agricultural challenges under sun and rain all by myself angry and they(government) expects me to be giving them feedback every day of the week. If na slavery abeg make una stop m o angry
be a patriot ... 'i pledge to Nigeria my country .... 'remember
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by DonCortino: 8:10am On May 25, 2017
This useless government just cool down create GHOST WORKERS!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by drnoel: 8:11am On May 25, 2017
hammer2010:
May God punish who so ever that spewed that thrash angry sad

So all those yeye lawmakers lawbreakers that are on jumbo allowances that have been perpetually absent from their responsibilities, who the Bleep has prosecuted them

What about the President that has been conspicously absent from office for long now, what has been done about that

Because of dis peanuts wey una decide to share give us after failing to create a condusive atmosphere for employment generation, na em una wan begin monitor us like monitoring spirits

God punish una finish angry angry

When una ready, make una come drag me from where I dey prosecute me. Infact, I was even considering reporting to my primary assignment to negotiate days I'd be working, but since una wan begin issue threat, I'd gladly cancel that plan till futher notice.

Nonsense! angry angry angry

Oga looks like u are one of em. Still miss the point which is commitment to ones duty. If they no won do, they should remove themselves from the program let others who are interested get in. Its that simple. On the issues of those politicians u mentioned, they are known but cos they are the ones that make those laws they seem to be untouchable for now till that changes. Then again remember the masses elected them so to say so power is in the hands of the masses, I.e una hand
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by do4luv14(m): 8:13am On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
To me I see this npower scheme as a waste of money..

If the could add 23000 they pay each npower staff to each corps member , most of them will be happy to teach and the scheme won't lose its objectives.

they would even use the opportunity to became an entrepreneurs, while still keeping their teaching jobs

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Broderick555: 8:13am On May 25, 2017
say the name again N-power
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:13am On May 25, 2017
eezeribe:
I WILL CONTINUE SAYING IT...
NIGERIAN CITIZENS WHO ARE THE MASSES,ARE MORE CORRUPT THAN THE POLITICIANS.
just imagine,collecting N-power stipends and not reporting to your place of assignment.
They should be jailed because this tantamounts to stealing from the state.
So N-power don't have a way of cross checking those who are truly participant or not. Come to the north & you will be surprised those under age they gave N powers to

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by motini(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2017
Emmyloaded:
The Federal Government says it will prosecute N-Power volunteers who are receiving monthly stipends but refuse to appear at their primary places of assignment.

Afolabi Imoukhuede, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation (N-Power Scheme), disclosed this at a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) forum.

He said the government had discovered 17 N-power volunteers who had been receiving salary since December but who had refused to go to their primary places of assignment.

“This issue of them not going to work is exception that we are not going to take chances.

“We are going to really blow that exception so that it becomes a deterrent.

“Because in the school where I identified them, their dutiful colleagues, the volunteers who are the true Ambassadors of N-power, are there and they know these people.

“So now if we don’t investigate and prosecute them they now get de-motivated.

“They must remain motivated to continue to work regardless of what season it is; rainy season, dry seasons or what have you.’’

He said another five volunteers who were also discovered to be collecting unbroken stipends since December had stopped going to their primary places of assignment.

He said the discovery of non-performing N-power volunteers was due to the collaboration between the Federal Government and all the state governments through a monitoring framework put in place.

However, he said that the scheme was an overwhelming success in terms of attendance as some volunteers showed passion on their jobs in spite of other challenges.

He disclosed that his teams always organised interactive sessions in every state visited to deliver President Buhari’s message that “this is pay-for-work-done” which was a lifeline extended to them.

Source: http://www.emmyloaded.com.ng/nigerian-govt-set-to-prosecute-escapee-n-power-volunteers-who-refused-to-appear-at-their-places-of-assignment/
monkey no wan work bt wan chop issaokay
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Mckandre(m): 8:16am On May 25, 2017
fuckpro:
be a patriot ... 'i pledge to Nigeria my country .... 'remember

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:20am On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
I'm employed.. Hence I didn't apply... Think before you spew trash

Self employed I guess. Cos u wudnt post a comment by 7.44am
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 8:26am On May 25, 2017
N power grin
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Laeroy(f): 8:33am On May 25, 2017
LADIES PLEASE I BEG. YOU, EMPOWER YOURSELVES, LEARN HOW TO MAKE UP, TIE GELE, PREPARE SNACKS AND SMALL CHOPS, COOK DIFFERENT SOUPS, MAKE SMOOTHIES AND FACIAL MOISTURIZERS, BAKE DIFFERENT CAKES, MAKE BEADED SANDALS AND NECKLACES ETC

......( For 1000Naira only,YES U HEARD ME I'll give U *80 videos* on how to make)

*MAKE UP* (5 DIFFERENT VIDEOS)

*SNACKS*- Samosa, Bromate free bread @ Home, Asun, Peppered snail, Chicken pie, Pizza, Doughnut, Cake in a sandwich toaster, Chicken sharwama, Vegetables spring rolls, Pop corn, Peppered GIzzards, Chips and Chinchin, Plaintain Mosa, Rock buns....

*DRINKS* - Zobo, Chap man, Chocolate Ice cream, Water melon, smoothies...etc

*BEADS* - Pearl Beaded Necklace, perfectionist beaded necklace, Spiral bead, Abuja Connection style, Beaded slippers...

*SOUP* Ora Soup, Fried Egusi Soup, Vegetable sauce, Owu soup, Yam peppersoup, Fish stew, Okazi soup.

*GELE TYING*
Layered gele, flowered gele, Ankara gele, Gele with two different colours, scarves tying, and many more...

Bonus videos for the first 20 participants on how to make...

A
Face primer, ,Skin Moisturizer , Dandruff and hairfalls remover ,Almond butter , Night cream Black soap,Shower gel, Moisturizer for dark spots and pimples......

B
Videos on how to decorate different cakes

All (80 Videos) for 1,000 naira only.......

Interested, Call or chat me on 07066800606...

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Santafemetrix(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2017
What about those who haven't been deployed and those who have relocated and are seeking for redeployment?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bahddo(m): 8:40am On May 25, 2017
This is so wrong. People take money without fulfilling their part of the deal, and they would have the guts to blame the government for our woes. He that is unfaithful in what is least would be unfaithful also in much.
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Yusufmanusman(m): 8:40am On May 25, 2017
This is sickness of black man. We don't like work but like money. Don't blame politians. You poor guys have heart of lazy. Nigeria too like money and very lazy indeed. Stop blame Government. I need loans without collateral. Usmanyusufman@gmail.com
Acidosis:
What a useless government!

Is it a must to work?

If you can't find them in their places of assignment, why can't the FG stop payment?

This is the most senseless comment I've heard in 10 years. Must they go to work? Can't this useless ediot identify the concerned persons and cancel the monthly alert?

This is the reason many government agencies will forever be liabilities to the common patrimony of the nation. I can't imagine an MD of a company crying over a staff that refuses to come to his workplace... Is it a must to work? kai! This f00l would have made more sense by simply reporting to the Ministry of Finance, rather than crying on the pages of Newspaper. As if wasting more money isn't enough already, the ediot will now go ahead to pay Lawyers and Judges, same way the unproductive president paid 50 SANS to defend his primary school certificate (something he could have done cheaply by uploading a picture).

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bibors(m): 8:42am On May 25, 2017
You be mumuo, person say e no do again, you still dey pay am, na who no go chop money wey enter em acct.

Don't they have a system to ensure only those who work get paid?
They created the loopholes, they should deal with it.
eezeribe:
just imagine,collecting N-power stipends and not reporting to your place of assignment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Lepkacious: 8:44am On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

If the could add 23000 they pay each npower staff to each corps member , most of them will be happy to teach and the scheme won't lose its objectives.
BT after serving,u wnt to get employed since u see it as a waste of time.... chicken brain
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bibors(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2017
Bahddo:
This is so wrong. People take money without fulfilling their part of the deal, and they would have the guts to blame the government for our woes. He that is unfaithful in what is least would be unfaithful also in much.

What is see here that is wrong is a bunch of fools who can't provide a system that checks attendance, supervise before approving payment.
Us there anything wrong in leaving ?
Government just decided to create that loophole for their cronies but other sharp guys cashed into it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bahddo(m): 8:51am On May 25, 2017
Bibors:

What is see here that is wrong is a bunch of fools who can't provide a system that checks attendance, supervise before approving payment.
Us there anything wrong in leaving ?
Government just decided to create that loophole for their cronies but other sharp guys cashed into it.
that's not being sharp, that's being dishonest. The fact that there's a bundle of naira notes lying 'abandoned' in a bag that isn't padlocked, doesn't mean you should take it. Loopholes is just an excuse for dishonesty.

I wonder why you people in this my Nigeria see nothing wrong with being corrupt and dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by hoyze24: 8:54am On May 25, 2017
Na only 17 you see, about 30 percent are receiving stipends without working while about 20% are actually doing it part time. Ask people in agro. The money spent on this scheme could have been used for something more engaging like industries resuscitation or as loans to budding entrepreneurs. Majority of volunteers are in for the money and not the work or value. The scheme was just to fulfil electoral promises, it wasn't planned and I doubt it will ever meet its expectation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2017
This thread is really a testament to the fact that Nigeria may never develop.

The useless adviser only identified 17, lmao grin When in fact over 2000 has been receiving payment without work. It shows how ineffective, lazy and ignorant they are in implementing and enforcing right structures without loopholes.

How can you 'employ' graduates without any form of supervision and expect them to work? I know some persons who simply do not wish to continue with the job and you f00ls have not stopped paying them, because you don't even know who you employed grin grin

I actually wish I applied for the N power thing... 30,000 x 6 months is a lot of money cheesy cheesy cheesy

I wish I were a beneficiary, even without a Law background or NBA approval, I will defeat the Federal Government in Court. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by donejossy87(f): 9:01am On May 25, 2017
Stupid govt wif stupid system. Prosecute govt officials 1st b4 taking it t d poor masses (30k) hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Andrewkinggg: 9:03am On May 25, 2017
eezeribe:

Stfu!!!
You are the most insensitive person ever to have made this comment. As if the politicians aren't the one leading the park in corruption. They have shown the masses that corruption is norm and they can get away with it at any given time.

The politicians that has been stealing from the country for so long how many have been jailed?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Angy55(f): 9:03am On May 25, 2017
Mayflowa:

If you are truly a beneficiary, then this is highly unpatriotic of you. So if you don't go to work, what do you do from morning to night?
Who laid this foundation? The leaders, and now the citizens are following same path.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by AbStephS(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2017
hammer2010:
May God punish who so ever that spewed that thrash angry sad

So all those yeye lawmakers lawbreakers that are on jumbo allowances that have been perpetually absent from their responsibilities, who the Bleep has prosecuted them

What about the President that has been conspicously absent from office for long now, what has been done about that

Because of dis peanuts wey una decide to share give us after failing to create a condusive atmosphere for employment generation, na em una wan begin monitor us like monitoring spirits

God punish una finish angry angry

When una ready, make una come drag me from where I dey prosecute me. Infact, I was even considering reporting to my primary assignment to negotiate days I'd be working, but since una wan begin issue threat, I'd gladly cancel that plan till futher notice.

Nonsense! angry angry angry
You are blessed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Gabbito44: 9:28am On May 25, 2017
We dey eat small tin out of the national cake ona dey vex ona neva chichontin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by kingsmerit: 9:31am On May 25, 2017
i beg wey my whistle....my npower friend,that money na 50-50 or......
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bibors(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2017
Bahddo:
that's not being sharp, that's being dishonest. The fact that there's a bundle of naira notes lying 'abandoned' in a bag that isn't padlocked, doesn't mean you should take it. Loopholes is just an excuse for dishonesty.

I wonder why you people in this my Nigeria see nothing wrong with being corrupt and dishonest.
Your Nigeria that has robbed its citizens from its creation? Didn't your mother teach you to keep your stuff well, else someone else will keep it well for you.
You chose not to correct the government who keep paying salaries to those who absconded.
If you own a company, will you pay staff who don't come to work?
In my village, we don't reject free money.
Those people can't even be procecuted because they did nothing wrong- attendance register wasn't created for them, no checks and no balance. Haba thinks naa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Bahddo(m): 10:09am On May 25, 2017
Bibors:

Your Nigeria that has robbed its citizens from its creation? Didn't your mother teach you to keep your stuff well, else someone else will keep it well for you.
You chose not to correct the government who keep paying salaries to those who absconded.
If you own a company, will you pay staff who don't come to work?
In my village, we don't reject free money.
Those people can't even be procecuted because they did nothing wrong- attendance register wasn't created for them, no checks and no balance. Haba thinks naa.
then your village is a big part of Nigeria's problem. My mother also taught me not to take other people's stuff simply because they didn't keep it well.

How are you even any better than the government that gets criticized everyday? The only difference is that you haven't had a chance to steal 'free' millions. undecided

I don't blame the foreigners who think Nigerians are all corrupt.
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by expert1(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

Not all Corpers sabi teach ... dullards plenty among them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by dennisworld1(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2017
Is the program not call Volunteers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally Landed The Job / Job Recruitment At Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)-20 Positions / How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.