Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa (2361 Views)

No Full Documentation And IPPIS Capturing For A Year Now / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by electromagnito: 6:16am On May 25, 2017
Have never said this in public but I felt like sharing it now for others to avoid too as well, last year May 24th, exactly a day to my birthday, I was coming back from work (NYSC), I decided not to take a bike home since it was already late and I just felt like walking a bit, on my way home, I heard someone calling me in yoruba, behold it was an ALFA, I always respect anyone I see on the road, so I decided to give him an attention, after we exchange greeting then he said " I always tell people what I want to do before that thing come to pass" (and I was like wow it's true ooo, cause I was planning on going for my master's in Italy, but I needed to tell people then cause I needed statement of account for sponsorship, but I was already confident I will travel), he said I should stop it and ii shouldn't womanize, to cut the story short, he said he will pray for me and I need to buy maize, millet and so things I can't remember and I told him sorry I won't be chanced, he then said i should bring #1,500.. Quickly I reached to my pocket and gave him.. He said I should come and see him around idimu road the next day which happen to be my birthday... I was at ICM the next day to celebrate my birthday And I realise the ALFA said 5pm, I left my friends, and boarded a bus to egbeda then idimu... I eventually met the ALFA, and he told me that we need to do 7days prayer and He said the enemy is using my phone to track my movement (lol and I be graduate of Telecom, and I still no jasi), funny enough I was using AGMobile, bought it new then #20,000, it was not up to a week, so he said he will pray on the phone, I removed my sim and have it go him, so I went home, the ALFA called me every 1:00Am whenever he want to start his prayer.... So on the 7th day, he told me we need to kill a white duck and share to finalize the prayer, so I gave him #2,000 and I asked him about my phone, he said till the whole process is finished, so I started suspecting, he called again to say the #2000 can't buy the duck, so I send extra #2000, so I gave my mom a call explaining all that happened, she told me to forget about the phone , say dem don show me Lagos be that oook, so I decided not to call the ALFA again to see if he will call, till now... No news of ALFA... On the 1st of May, another ALFA try to call me, and I went to him and say "bros if you try call me again, I swear I go beat you, them go think say u steal ni....so be warned.

2 Likes

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by osolee(m): 6:24am On May 25, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by hodusglobal(m): 6:29am On May 25, 2017
This style of 419 don dey Naija since many years back. You never seen some Alfa that will tell you to start counting the roadside electricity poles after collecting your phone, money and some other items with you. grin

2 Likes

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by electromagnito: 6:35am On May 25, 2017
This one want kill me, and eventually, I wasn't given visa and I felt it's because j doubted mg God and decided to listen to a fake ALFA

2 Likes

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by bewla(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2017
later to read
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by hisgrace090: 6:41am On May 25, 2017
The bible command us to choose today whom we will serve.
When you choose to serve God alone you will stop running around.
Jesus says I know my sheep and they hear my voice.
Those who hear His voice need no alpha talkless of being scarmed.
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by izzou(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2017
grin grin grin

Lol
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by electromagnito: 6:48am On May 25, 2017
izzou:
grin grin grin

Lol
I know say you go follow me....glo dey call you
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by StarBukola(f): 6:50am On May 25, 2017
That's cheap, u fell for that?? And like my friend usually says, can't u pray for yourself? Or did anyone say if u pray God will not ansa u?

1 Like

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by izzou(m): 6:51am On May 25, 2017
electromagnito:
I know say you go follow me....glo dey call you

Lol

I Don move on abeg. Let me know when you collect your offer letter wink
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by ipobarecriminals: 7:02am On May 25, 2017
Rather thank u r star,he didn't kill or make incision mark on ur body that'll render u hopeless
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by idee91: 7:11am On May 25, 2017
Alfa of doom..... be prophesising lies.........

Alfa wey dey predict 9ja bet, is that one an alfa...........

But chairman, wait o !..... you mean u gave alfa your phone to do what with it ? Etutu abi kini ?

Allah is sufficient for u, forget any lie lie alfa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by electromagnito: 8:03am On May 25, 2017
No mind me.... Everyone wants success
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by femidejulius(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2017
Similar thing happened to me before several years ago. I was a student. I was walking and this alfa was behind me. A driver suddenly turned rudely in front on me making me slow down and making the alfa keeping up with me. As I hissed and cursed the driver, the alfa also cooperated with me by calling the driver names. We talked briefly about the incident. Then he said something like
"This life is not easy. One won't make it in life if he doesn't know how to go about it". I just replied him with "hmmm". I had continued walking and he was quickly catching up with my quick steps. He introduced himself to me as an Islamic cleric. (I didn't know till then. I was wearing a shirt and a pair of trousers while he was wearing some faded buba and sokoto). I sensed he was desperate to continue taking with me. He asked if I was a Muslim. When I said no he said something about the fact that religion doesn't matter and shouldn't stop one from seeking spiritual assistance to better one's life. I was as a road junction already and I turned left. He followed me. He asked what kind of job I was doing. I told him I was a student. He said even students need spiritual assistance so that they can have a better opportunity after school. He said he can help. All I need to do is to give him money for a packet of St. Louis sugar. I quickly sensed scam. A swindler will prefer to start small and grow big and bigger especially if the victim isn't about to show interest. I didn't respond, didn't even look at him. I kept walking and he kept following me; promising outstanding results if I can only give him money for the sugar. Unexpectedly and to his surprise, I crossed the road to the other side. Before he could cross, I had hailed down and entered a taxi.

I was more better dressed than him. It was obvious he was a struggling man; seriously battling poverty. If he knew how to help other people especially total strangers to be materially successful, why isn't he a successful man himself?

7 Likes

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by fabiosmart: 10:02am On May 25, 2017
Scammers every where, now that yahoo yahoo is not paying like before, guys go dey form Alfa and pastor upandan to defraud people.
Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by Souljaboi1: 10:53am On May 25, 2017
Driving into Unilag few weeks back, na so one use Okada pursue me say him see vision. I was just forming attentiveness and nodding.

Last last he made demands of close to #20k. I just told him God would provide for us all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: It's A Year Now, How I Was Scammed.by An Alfa by shinawaju(m): 1:07pm On May 25, 2017
You, the alfa and the second alfa that called you. All of you are mad, yes very mad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Latest Glo Graduate Job Recruitment Jan 2018 / UNICEF Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form Iss Now Out / Recruitment At Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.