Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him (677 Views)

Couple Who Met In Primary School Got Married & Have A Kid Who Now Attends Same / "Men Only Cheat When Their Woman Is Lacking In The Bedroom" - Twitter User Blame / I Plan To Cheat When I Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by nusto: 2:25pm On May 25, 2017
He doesn’t remember, but I can NEVER forget.

I remember the entire incident so clearly. Yeah, I sadly remember when my dad confidently told me that all men cheat. He included himself in that list, but this I had already known as I had actually attended a couple of his trysts while he slept around on his wife and once upon a time … my mother, too.

Although it seems his older, wiser self would never dare say that to my younger sister, not only did he say to me, but the consequent actions of every man in my life have proven him right.

That made it that much easier for me to adopt this logic, even as a young girl: All men cheat.

While this belief is not something that I make known to the men that I date (no need to give them an excuse for cheating), it still greatly impacts me! It makes me feel a little less hopeful for love and it naturally relaxes the standard that I have for men because — short or tall, educated or uneducated, dad-bod or not — men cannot remain faithful.

View source: https://www.trendiee.com/confessions/father-told-men-cheat-kid-still-believe/

Men over to you, do you cheat?
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by nepapole(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2017
I Av never cheated. cool
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Evablizin(f): 3:21pm On May 25, 2017
Ooh i see,my dear men cheat but nt all men,ur dad should only speak 4 himself,he z confirmed cheat dt cannot control himself even as a married man nw he tinks dt other men cheat,in terms of fatherhood he has failed why wil he tell u such a tin at ur tender age nd u believed happy believing,u beta break off 4rm such belief.

1 Like

Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Splinz(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2017
Evablizin:
Ooh i see,my dear men cheat but nt all men,ur dad should only speak 4 himself,he z confirmed cheat dt cannot control himself even as a married man nw he tinks dt other men cheat,in terms of fatherhood he has failed why wil he tell u such a tin at ur tender age nd u believed happy believing,u beta break off 4rm such belief.
smiley cheesy

How can you do this to OP?

1 Like

Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Rukkydelta(f): 3:29pm On May 25, 2017
If there are 100men in the world and 99 are cheats and only one is faithful. I'm going to get married to that faithful one
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Next2Bezee(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2017
nusto:
He doesn’t remember, but I can NEVER forget.

I remember the entire incident so clearly. Yeah, I sadly remember when my dad confidently told me that all men cheat. He included himself in that list, but this I had already known as I had actually attended a couple of his trysts while he slept around on his wife and once upon a time … my mother, too.

Women cheat too. You generalize a whole gender based on the action of a few.

You and your father don't have sense.
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Nerul(f): 4:13pm On May 25, 2017
Rukkydelta:
If there are 100men in the world and 99 are cheats and only one is faithful. I'm going to get married to that faithful one
Hahahahaha..warrabouh the rest of us? grin
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by FvckShiT(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2017
Rukkydelta:

...and that's fúçking gonna be ME
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by youngreezy(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2017
Jst wait n c how women go rush cum dey insult men 4getin say women too dey cheat mtcheeew genda biased nonsense frm a feminist....
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Headlesschicken(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2017
undecided Tell yuh father to speak for himself....
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Rukkydelta(f): 5:16pm On May 25, 2017
Nerul:
Hahahahaha..warrabouh the rest of us? grin
Lol
What I said is such an illustration cos most times some peeps say every man must cheat but I always say to my self that if the number of faithful men is less than 5% or even 1 my hubby must be among the 5 or be the 1
If you are faithful may a faithful, loving and caring guy locate you
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by Rukkydelta(f): 5:18pm On May 25, 2017
FvckShiT:

...and that's fúçking gonna be ME
How fu-cking sure I am that you will be faithful?
Re: My Father Told Me ‘all Men Cheat’ When I Was A Kid — And I Still Believe Him by FvckShiT(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2017
Rukkydelta:

How fu-cking sure I am that you will be faithful?

Cos i fûçking am smiley →am so fúçking faithful wink

(1) (Reply)

Woman 'marries' Train Station For 36 Years And "Has Sex With It Mentally" / Guys, Can We Still Find Ladies Like Our Mothers? / Kemi Olunloyo Celebrated with Drums, Crying inmates, After Release from Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.