Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (36129 Views)

What Biafra Should Do If Nigeria Finally Splits / We Have Stopped ‘grand’ Corruption In Nigeria - Osinbajo / OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by agitator: 9:52am On May 26, 2017
Blue3k:
Diversity of ideas is strength. There are also examples of countries that slit apart and have been successful mainly in Europe and Asia. Montenegro, Singapore, Czech Republic etc. I do commend him on his comment saying debaring and determining Nigeria's existence.

Anyway I do agree with him on Nigeria potential. If Nigeria got it act together it could be nextended big power. I real regional hegemony abd economic power house. Currently domestic issues won't allow that.

Get a text reader app if you lack the attention span to read his speech. I use @voice aloud. Also I bold the most important arguements in the article so you can get gist of these long article. I know authoritatively most Nairalanders too lazy to read. They just rush for front page likes.

In one breadth you are making mockery of some people and justifying why no developmental project should be sited by Federal Government and at the same time begging them not to leave. Do you think everybody is comfortable living as second class citizens? angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by agitator: 9:53am On May 26, 2017
oyatz:
Non Biafrans can only voice their opinions, its left for the Biafrans to decide their future.

Correct my guy. wink wink wink
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by unto(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2017
KratosCorp:
undecided

How come no one is posting the speech made by the president of Ohaneze Ndigbo - Dr. Nnia Nwodo?

Was he not one of the keynote speakers at the event?

Or could it be that his speech is destructive to the One Nigeria propaganda?

Or are the One Nigeria apologists still not getting it?

When are they going to realize that it's stupid and a pure waste of time for non-Biafrans to tell Biafrans what is best for Biafrans and what is not?

Age is sure a mere number.

I read his speech in vanguard he called a spade a spade and they are avoiding to bring his speech out because it will hurt some people

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by magoo10(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2017
FagsamPHP:
Shame on you Osinbajo despite your being learned you are in no way different from Buhari in reasoning, I can bet it with anything if Osinbajo eventually becomes the President, he would be worse than buhari..... But who knows maybe he's only saying all these to please his Boss whose head is filled with Fura de nunu
Don't mind him,he is a yahoo yahoo lawyer. we have passed that stage of deceit,they can only continue deceiving their gullible supporters cum zombies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by xynerise: 9:55am On May 26, 2017
Goahead:
What in God's name unite us in this country? Is it the marginalization of Igbos in all spheres of affairs of this shithole?

Just as water unites the predator and the prey, Oil is what unites us. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 9:57am On May 26, 2017
Oga VP, abeg come up with ideas on how these people should be confined to their 5 states (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo). Nigerians don't want them.

What do they even contribute to the Federation account?

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by agitator: 10:00am On May 26, 2017
Francisayo:
I read the full speech and this made me to believe in ONE NIGERIA AGAIN.......I denounce BIAFRa

After making mockery of BIAFRA, Afonja never disappoints. shocked shocked shocked

Adult like you talking trash, I wonder how you kids will fare with a father like you grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Nigeriadondie: 10:00am On May 26, 2017
kingthreatz:

Proudly Yoruba. Sorry all your opinions are 100% gutter grin grin grin
Sorry, kpele, ndo for Biafra issue I know say e dey pain una. No one is dragging ur tribe with u na. My opinion is gutter to those whose sense of reason is gutter. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Mujtahida: 10:01am On May 26, 2017
Yesterday people were shouting change! Change!! Change!!! No one or very few thought about the ramifications of the word. The mass mind, unreasoning and unreasonable was at work.
Today the word is divide! divide!! divide!!!. Along which lines? Cultural? Linguistic? How does Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos, Anang, Efik, Ogoja, Isoko, Ekwerre feature in all this?
Revolutionary movements are the outcomes of well thought out processes not mass hysteria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:01am On May 26, 2017
Goahead:
What in God's name unite us in this country? Is it the marginalization of Igbos in all spheres of affairs of this shithole?

Sports(football)
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by agitator: 10:01am On May 26, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Oga VP, abeg come up with ideas on how these people should be confined to their 5 states (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo). Nigerians don't want them.

Abia and Imo have oil, plus most of the imports and the little manufacturing in Nigeria is done by the igbos. your brownroof enclave got nothing tongue tongue tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by sshalom(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2017
Reading through the speech gives an eloquent validation of Vice President Oshinbajo's soundness of mind, wisdom and capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Blue3k(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2017
agitator:

In one breadth you are making mockery of some people and justifying why no developmental project should be sited by Federal Government and at the same time begging them not to leave. Do you think everybody is comfortable living as second class citizens? angry angry angry

Where did I justify projects not being sited in certain areas. If you lack anything reasonable to say just be silent. You font need to go on emotional rants about strawmen.

I deconstructed arguements of acting President in to part that I agreed and disagreed with. Most of it based on pathos. Only 1 or 2 logos arguements.
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by kingthreatz: 10:04am On May 26, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Sorry, kpele, ndo for Biafra issue I know say e dey pain una. No one is dragging ur tribe with u na. My opinion is gutter to those whose sense of reason is gutter. cheesy

Another senseless post. Niggah, plz stop reasoning with ur bumhole
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 10:04am On May 26, 2017
kingthreatz:

Please start seceeding. Evacuating your family out of other parts of Nigeria is a goodstart. Wailing makes you worse than a drugged prosstitute

Gbam.

And is very easy.

Withdraw their reps at different levels of govt, stop receiving fed allocation and confine their movement to those 5 states (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo).
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by kingthreatz: 10:05am On May 26, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Gbam.

And is very easy.

Withdraw their reps at different levels of govt, stop receiving fed allocation and confine their movement to those 5 states (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo).

Bros na starvation be that oo. you want make UN come to their rescue....lol

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:05am On May 26, 2017
It's the weak among you who are spreading this pernicious virus. They are the wreckers of your dream. Today it seems they are fighting for Biafra, fronting as wanna-be revolutionaries. But I can see through them. Assuming Biafra succeeds they are still the ones who will start crying Abafra, Nsukkafra, Nnewifra, Afikpofra and as many fras as their tribalistic minds can can conjur like a wicked magician and then the young Republic will be riddled with a rash of fras like leprosy on the body of an outcast.

Copied!!!
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:06am On May 26, 2017
It is very clear that Osibanjo is a liberal, progressive-minded and visionary politician; but he is not on the same page with his boss.
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by EmekaMD(m): 10:06am On May 26, 2017
The real hypocrites and enemies of Nigeria are those who resist restructuring and the ideal systems that have seen nations progress, but are quick to cite those nations as examples. If you have not lived in Igbo land as an Igbo, and have not experienced the discriminations the Igbo experience on a daily basis. If you have not had to buy your freedom at every turn because police officers stationed almost at every pole will not let you go to where you are going unless you settle. If you have not had to sit at home after scoring 130 in unity school exam, but your colleagues from other climes are in school with 20, you have no right to preach unity to the Igbo. The Igbo man wants a united Nigeria more than those who preach it today, but he wants a united Nigeria were he does not have to be unequal to his fellow citizen. He wants a united Nigeria where he does not have to be killed because someone drew a cartoon in Denmark. He wants a Nigeria where he won't be killed by rampaging herdsmen. He wants a Nigeria where he doesn't have to be denied an opportunity because he is Igbo. The Igbo man wants a Nigeria where he can develop at his own pace, exist in his own space and interact with the rest as equal. The Igbo man wants a Nigeria built on the ideals of true federalism; those ideals that have made United Kingdom, United States and other advanced nations what they are. That system that allows a Scottish man be who he is inside a UK. So when you give examples of US, and how they live in peace just think deep and ask whether it is you who should actually lecture or be lectured. It is not about our today's comfort or discomfort, it is about posterity. The privilege you have today, use it to do the right thing. Your next generation may not have such privilege, so use your position today to fight for a country they can happily call their own in 100 years. Thanks.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by oweman: 10:06am On May 26, 2017
[quote author=xynerise post=56889872]He just read a script and suffered the bite of his conscience. Nigeria is NEVER greater together. We have been together for over 100 years and nothing to show for it but Killings, poor governance and you know the rest.
Let's try something new, please-----------------------------

We sure can't reverse to the Agui Ironsi era if that is what you are inferring to .
Never Never Never Never , Never again !
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ugofr(f): 10:07am On May 26, 2017
osi baby, are you part of the 5%, if you're not, leave us alone and don't try to patronize us. we know where the shoe hurts and when you're done cleaning up the Niger delta, build good hospital, science research institute, and roads because we deserve it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by dbossbuggy(m): 10:08am On May 26, 2017
Nothing to say.

Check my signature for confirm tools.
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by koropotopoto: 10:10am On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Gbam.

And is very easy.

[/s]
Igbos are part of the so called Niger Delta
Igbos are in anioma delta state agbo and rivers
kiss the truth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2017
EmekaMD:
The real hypocrites and enemies of Nigeria are those who resist restructuring and the ideal systems that have seen nations progress, but are quick to cite those nations as examples. If you have not lived in Igbo land as an Igbo, and have not experienced the discriminations the Igbo experience on a daily basis. If you have not had to buy your freedom at every turn because police officers stationed almost at every pole will not let you go to where you are going unless you settle. If you have not had to sit at home after scoring 130 in unity school exam, but your colleagues from other climes are in school with 20, you have no right to preach unity to the Igbo. The Igbo man wants a united Nigeria more than those who preach it today, but he wants a united Nigeria were he does not have to be unequal to his fellow citizen. He wants a united Nigeria where he does not have to be killed because someone drew a cartoon in Denmark. He wants a Nigeria where he won't be killed by rampaging herdsmen. He wants a Nigeria where he doesn't have to be denied an opportunity because he is Igbo. The Igbo man wants a Nigeria where he can develop at his own pace, exist in his own space and interact with the rest as equal. The Igbo man wants a Nigeria built on the ideals of true federalism; those ideals that have made United Kingdom, United States and other advanced nations what they are. That system that allows a Scottish man be who he is inside a UK. So when you give examples of US, and how they live in peace just think deep and ask whether it is you who should actually lecture or be lectured. It is not about our today's comfort or discomfort, it is about posterity. The privilege you have today, use it to do the right thing. Your next generation may not have such privilege, so use your position today to fight for a country they can happily call their own in 100 years. Thanks.

Brilliantly said. Well done.

8 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by xynerise: 10:13am On May 26, 2017
oweman:
.We sure can't reverse to the Agui Ironsi era if that is what you are inferring to .
Never Never Never Never , Never again !

undecided
Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by kushma(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2017
[quote author=KratosCorp post=56878557] undecided

How come no one is posting the speech made by the president of Ohaneze Ndigbo - Dr. Nnia Nwodo?

Was he not one of the keynote speakers at the event?

Or could it be that his speech is destructive to the One Nigeria propaganda?

Or are the One Nigeria apologists still not getting it?

When are they going to realize that it's stupid and a pure waste of time for non-Biafrans to tell Biafrans what is best for Biafrans and what is not?

Age is sure a mere number.

[/quote

Please can u send the speech for me will really like to read it.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by koropotopoto: 10:13am On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

[/s]
Igbos are just more than those five states abi you're ignorant of that one too just like you said that China is underdeveloped country.

ok boy lesson 1 today
there's big difference between ancestral tribe/ethnic group and man made boundaries which are called states.

get that into your head boy.

you see you know nothing mr man

8 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by daveson2020(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2017
Unity begger stop talking about biafra start all the preparation needed for a referendum, the outcome will tell you what we want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by tunchi014(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2017
tribalistseun:
It's like Arewa goats don use osibande head drink garri
... dem use im brain dey play candy crush.

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Griffon(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2017
Oga VP you are only focusing exclusively on the narratives of unity.

Can we please highlight the reasons why these Igbos want to secede and tackle them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Angry Mob Kills Kenyan Serial Child Killer Who Escaped From Police Custody / Murderers Like Obasanjo, Babangida, Enenche Are In Peter Obi's Camp - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.