Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,163 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! (4541 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Nigerian Churches: Who Are They Building Universities For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
well, imo the crux of the matter is humans in general (especially Africans) are like sheep. They will follow anyone who has the appearance of a shepherd, as long as he is either telling them what they want to hear, or meets their emotional needs in some other way.

I dont really see the reason why NLers in particular always want to blame churches for having followers or whatever.

Consider this: here on NL a satanist joined the forum, brazenly preached his satanist message, and in the twinkling of an eye, made quite a lot of open and secret converts. Till date I'm yet to see one NLer question this phenomenon. Yet we all know what satanism entails.

But the forum overflows with people bashing churches for whatever reason, not least the fact of their large attendance.

interesting state of things, I'd say.

My point here doesnt mean the OP's observation isnt right to some extent. But there's much more to this issue than just that.
Re: Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 05, 2011
I have been attending the Redeemed Christian church for quite some time. I married a man who is a member of thier church. This man used me for citizenship and he is high ranking member of this church in Malaysia and a member of the church, for 18 yrs in Nigeria. I supported him financially for 4 years, Sponsored him to Canada ,loved him and gave him a son. He left me a couple weeks after he gained his citizenship. This has been after 5 years of marriage and being a devoted wife to him. The church has assisted him to leave me and encouraged him to abandon me and our son. They are gossipers and mean hearted people. I have called both pastors for help in reconciling our marriage. They offered me no prayer or any kind of support what so ever. Even some of the other members in the church who did not like what my husband did to me spoke out and tired to support me and the pastor came down hard on them and discouraged them from doing so. I have been reliably informed that the pastor is arranging a new wife for me husband even though I am still legally married to him and still a member of the Redeemed Christian church. I am aware that not all churches are like this, but unfortunately the Redeemed Christian church function like a cult, but no offence intended. Finacially this church are taking advantage of us and they bought a building they can not afford and are now borrowing all the members money to pay for the down payment. They say by God's grace they will pay it back. This will be impossible for them to pay back as they dont have the means to pay it back. I was at church the church recently and was instructed to dance by a basket placed on the alter and give money if I want to worship with them the pastor centered me out and insisted that I must dance by this basket if I
want to worship with them.
Re: Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! by Jenifa1: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2011
^ eeya, sorry for your woes.

@topic,
na today? this has been the trend for a while now. it's getting harder and harder to find a good church in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! by Joagbaje(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2011
@leahsarahk
leahsarahk:

. I married a man who is a member of thier church. This man used me for citizenship and he is high ranking member of this church in Malaysia and a member of the church,  for 18 yrs in Nigeria. I supported him financially for 4 years, Sponsored him to Canada ,loved him and gave him a son. He left me a couple weeks after he gained his citizenship. This has been after 5 years of marriage and being a devoted wife to him. The church has assisted him to leave me and encouraged him to abandon me and our son. They are gossipers and mean hearted people. I have called both pastors for help in reconciling our marriage. They offered me no prayer or any kind of support what so ever.

Did you talk with the head pastor there face to face,What did he  say in all this? . Did you reach the headquarters by any means and hear their statement. The story is touching, but I don't conclude by hearing one side. I would have love to know the official response of the church. There must be a higher authority to report to either over there or over here. Because it is strange for a church to act like that. Did your husband accuse you of anything?.
Re: Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! by tpia1: 7:26am On Jan 05, 2011
this has been the trend for a while now

true.

Because it is strange for a church to act like that

not in this day and age.

i've heard of this type of scenario many times.

lord have mercy.

if the man is committing bigamy however he should be booked for it. Anyone encouraging him as well, should be charged along with him, irrespective of status.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) / Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. / Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.