Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident (23380 Views)

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Taofeekdboy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
TimoBriggs:

Favor Bro. Simply favor. Applied to an SA firm . Got hired and I applied with all the info welf99 shared here plus docs from the company supporting my application. Cost was around 300k though.
please can you state the website or any link you got with the job.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by TimoBriggs: 8:03am On Nov 20, 2017
Taofeekdboy:
please can you state the website or any link you got with the job.

Indeed.co.za
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Taofeekdboy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimoBriggs:

Indeed.co.za
thank you very much bro.is that 300k include flight ticket and also how many months it took your visa to be out
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by TimoBriggs: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Taofeekdboy:
thank you very much bro.is that 300k include flight ticket and also how many months it took your visa to be out

visa processing alone is 300k. I would suggest you allow 6 months to it cos it takes a while, 5mths plus for me in total
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Taofeekdboy(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimoBriggs:

visa processing alone is 300k. I would suggest you allow 6 months to it cos it takes a while, 5mths plus for me in total
.thnks for the info bro, is it like critical skill visa that they will mail the documents directly to south Africa or will go directly to embassy
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by deedorte: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2017
Hello house,
Is a job offer needed before aoplying for this visa
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Lanrey1(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2017
hello comrades...
am expecting my documents from saqa.
can someone help me wit d documents to file to d embassy.. can 4month bank statement wit 700k work along with it.
plz feed me wit any information to ve a successful visa process.
tanks a lot.

Glory be to God ooo.. I got my critical skill Visa 5years.
it took just 5 working days for d visa to come out.
tank God on my behalf plz. planning to move by January ending.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by pat077: 12:54am On Dec 05, 2017
Following
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by scapopo1: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2017
Pls I need assistance from anybody dt Ave gone thru ECSA assement. Thanks
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Lanrey1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
Glory be to God ooo.. I got my critical skill Visa 5years. it took just 5 working days for d visa to come out. tank God on my behalf plz. planning to move by January ending.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cutieme(m): 6:13am On Jan 04, 2018
Lanrey1:
pls share with us the processes and the things or documents u submitted,thanks.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by damoche64: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2018
Lanrey1:

Congrats, Can use share d process u went through and the timeline to encourage others?

Is dere anyone who registered with ECSA, need information on d process?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Femo230: 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
please, i need step by step of how to process critical skill visa.
wel99, lanrey help me
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by callsys: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
good days guys. please what's the possibility of doing SAQA evaluation online. i can't seem to make headway. any advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by smile44(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
I want to apply for South Africa critical skill visa and I have these documents available with me:
1, saqa
2. Iitpsa professional body
3, medical and radiology report
4, police clearance certificate
5, letter of employment
Please I need assistance on how to write the two letter of undertaking from employer.My employer needs an example to follow.
Please I need help.Thanks
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by solution1212: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
Where were you as at the time you applied to this SA firm? Which occupation?

[Qquote author=TimoBriggs post=62525039]

Favor Bro. Simply favor. Applied to an SA firm . Got hired and I applied with all the info welf99 shared here plus docs from the company supporting my application. Cost was around 300k though. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by drwrites: 11:15pm On May 02, 2018
Can one still ask questions here...seems this thread is dead?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by kunletune: 12:03am On May 04, 2018
pls can someone explain how to go about this critical skill visa from Nigeria? I have joined the membership of IITPSA, got the membership certificate. But i think i will need a letter for my critical skill visa from the Body i registered with. Pls your contributions will be highly appreciated. thanks

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by callsys: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
Can anyone breifly talk about ecsa registration and the applicable fee. Will saqa be needed too?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
SAQA is the first step in SA CSV Application processing.

Wish you all the best.

callsys:
Can anyone breifly talk about ecsa registration and the applicable fee. Will saqa be needed too?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by callsys: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks. Awaiting response from Saqa for now. I've sent my docs already

prodam:
SAQA is the first step in SA CSV Application processing.

Wish you all the best.

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by inagbe1: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Good evening house, is there any Pharmacist who has gone through this process
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by tweb1: 1:50am On Jul 31, 2018
Hello House Please i need advice from you guys.

I am currently a holder of a critical skill permit and also employed. One thing is that my area of employment is not same as my field of training.

I completed an honours program in Geophysics in SA and after my honours I applied for a critical skill visa and was issued a 1 year visa.

The conditions for renewal of the visa was for me to register with my professional body and also get an employment contract within the 1 year.

Now i have applied for the professional body and was given a letter which says i have applied. I am also currently employed as a software developer (PHP Developer specifically).

So i have a letter from SACNASP (South African Council for Natural Science Professional) while my job is in ICT in the Integrated Developers section of critical skill list.

My Boss asked that if i like i can draft a letter and give him to sign as a supporting document towards the renewal of my visa.

I don't know if it will be an issue for someone with a critical skill in Geophysics but practicing software development even though both are in the critical skill list.

Or should i take advantage of the fact that the software product i will be working on has a very tiny aspect which is related to geophysics and draft a letter to accentuate the fact?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by TimoBriggs: 8:06am On Aug 01, 2018
tweb1:
Hello House Please i need advice from you guys.

I am currently a holder of a critical skill permit and also employed. One thing is that my area of employment is not same as my field of training.

I completed an honours program in Geophysics in SA and after my honours I applied for a critical skill visa and was issued a 1 year visa.

The conditions for renewal of the visa was for me to register with my professional body and also get an employment contract within the 1 year.

Now i have applied for the professional body and was given a letter which says i have applied. I am also currently employed as a software developer (PHP Developer specifically).

So i have a letter from SACNASP (South African Council for Natural Science Professional) while my job is in ICT in the Integrated Developers section of critical skill list.

My Boss asked that if i like i can draft a letter and give him to sign as a supporting document towards the renewal of my visa.

I don't know if it will be an issue for someone with a critical skill in Geophysics but practicing software development even though both are in the critical skill list.

Or should i take advantage of the fact that the software product i will be working on has a very tiny aspect which is related to geophysics and draft a letter to accentuate the fact?

Quite sensitive. But you will need to seek official info from the folks at the dhs maybe via a proxy or via an email enquiry. I suspect you might have to re-register with IITPSA. But I do not think this scenario can adversely affect your current permit or access to one if you are due for renewal. Its just a case of you having multi competencies. You are most likely not the first with this scenario so get an official feedback from dhs without necessarily reporting yourself.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by babstope05: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2018
HI House, please i want to know, if i migrate as an agric engineer on critical skill visa, can i work in another field entirely different. If yes, will my visa be renewed after 1 year?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cmin: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2018
welf99:
South Africa PR opens unlimited possibilities for professionals. ask me any question.

Hi Wlf99, pls kindly guide me, am an accountant with over 5 year working experience.

How do i go about this process?

Thank for your prompt response.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 6:16am On Sep 01, 2018
cmin:

Hi Wlf99, pls kindly guide me, am an accountant with over 5 year working experience.

How do i go about this process?

Thank for your prompt response.

Hello, you can go through the critical skills route. Confirm your skill is part of the list of critical skills. then begin your process by obtaining SAQA.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by inno4u: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good day NL

please I want to know the documents that is presented to prove the five years experience as stipulated in the criteria for critical skill visa.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cydophobia(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Please I need someone to clear this for me;
1.What is the first step to take after confirming that my field is in the list.
2.I need the link where I can register and join the professional body in SA.

Thank you.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2018
cydophobia:
Please I need someone to clear this for me;
1.What is the first step to take after confirming that my field is in the list.
2.I need the link where I can register and join the professional body in SA.

Thank you.

The first step is to get evaluated by SAQA, you present some documents and pay the fee. Please check the website for more details and registration on the portal.

Professional body membership comes after the above, because SAQA is a part of the requirement. Depending on your profession, you can get more info about joining on the website. As for me in the IT industry, I can choose to join IITPSA or ICITP.

I hope this helps
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2018
inno4u:
Good day NL

please I want to know the documents that is presented to prove the five years experience as stipulated in the criteria for critical skill visa.

What stage are you in?

If you have up to 5 years experience, your CV resume, reference letters and certifications would prove that.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu State Orphans Involve In Accident - All Alive (photos) / Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown / Nigeria, Vietnam Sign Visa Waiver Deal For Diplomatic, Official Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.