Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident (23418 Views)

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
The easiest route to Permanent Resident PR is Critical skill Visa, it allows you to apply for PR immediately you secure employment in SA. After 4years preceding your PR you are eligible to apply for citizenship. Your immediate family member first kin can also apply for PR if they arrive through Relative permit.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by oridon43: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
welf99:
The easiest route to Permanent Resident PR is Critical skill Visa, it allows you to apply for PR immediately you secure employment in SA. After 4years preceding your PR you are eligible to apply for citizenship. Your immediate family member first kin can also apply for PR if they arrive through Relative permit.

How can I get register with professional body because as a n Engineer you need a register Engineer in South Africa to stand as a reference. Mechanical Engineer with 5 years experience is Energy management
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by qhunlay: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
welf99:

@welf99, great to have you back again.

I have been processing my CSV since mid last year but I'm presently stuck at registering with a professional body.

Having submitted my documents to IBASA, I then made payment for the CS Letter as a Business Analyst

However, two weeks after making payment, they sent me a mail...see below:

"Kindly note that our ABSA bank has reversed your R5000 made to our account back into your account.
We are experiencing problems with our international payments.
You would need to make another payment. If it is possible to have someone that is in South Africa to make the payment for you."

We have been having a back and forth since Nov 26 2020 and the said reversal has not even been made to my account. The drama is totally unending.

I don't want to make another payment to them unless I received the initial one. What do you suggest?

The CS Letter is the only thing remaining for me to apply for the CSV at the Embassy.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Winifred2015(f): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
Please who is going to the embassy soon? Need help regarding when one can visit the embassy
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by DrOA: 5:08am On Jan 08, 2021
qhunlay:

@welf99, great to have you back again.

I have been processing my CSV since mid last year but I'm presently stuck at registering with a professional body.

Having submitted my documents to IBASA, I then made payment for the CS Letter as a Business Analyst

However, two weeks after making payment, they sent me a mail...see below:

"Kindly note that our ABSA bank has reversed your R5000 made to our account back into your account.
We are experiencing problems with our international payments.
You would need to make another payment. If it is possible to have someone that is in South Africa to make the payment for you."

We have been having a back and forth since Nov 26 2020 and the said reversal has not even been made to my account. The drama is totally unending.

I don't want to make another payment to them unless I received the initial one. What do you suggest?

The CS Letter is the only thing remaining for me to apply for the CSV at the Embassy.
It will take some days before your account will be credited. But you will surely get it.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by DrOA: 5:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Meliszwe:
Pls, I have PhD from another country, do I still need to apply for SAQA ?
Every qualification that is obtained outside SA goes for evaluation if you must use it in SA to work
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by DrOA: 5:13am On Jan 08, 2021
Thecassanova:

Thanks, is it true graduate from critical skill area can apply immediately for PR?
Yes, as soon as you have your certificate!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by qhunlay: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2021
DrOA:

It will take some days before your account will be credited. But you will surely get it.

Actually it's over a month (about six weeks) now that they informed me about the reversal and yet nothing is showing in my bank account.

I am still following up with them and I hope they get things sorted out quickly. I'm more interested in getting the CS Letter from them which I'm sure would be ready by now, I believe they are holding on until they have the payment.

Anyways, I'll keep pushing until this is resolved.

Thanks @DrOA
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Ceesnation: 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Ceesnation: 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
What is you dont need it to work or your employer states that you can get all registration within 12 months of employment. Can you go ahead and apply for visa without SAQA? ccDrOA

DrOA:

Every qualification that is obtained outside SA goes for evaluation if you must use it in SA to work
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by teepearl(f): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2021
welf99:
South Africa PR opens unlimited possibilities for professionals. ask me any question.

Can an HND holder with well over 10years.work experience and renowned international certification in the aviation sector qualify

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by bobbit04(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28
Please what is the latest update
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by 080bjaked(m): 3:35pm On Feb 29
Seems CSV processing got faster but PR processing got slower grin

I think they are waiting to pass new legislation on the immigration policy draft.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by 080bjaked(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11
I saw a recent interview where the Home Affairs minister claims there are no backlogs with Critical skills visa anymore hence response times have significantly improved.
Also turn around time seems to have greatly improved for permanent residence applications under section 27b. Got a response in 5months.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by hunee: 2:00am On Apr 12
Tell us more about this category of visa. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Died In The Kogi Petrol Tanker Accident (Graphic Photos) / Accident On Kaduna-Abuja Road Kills 12, Injures 25 / First Okhiria Denies Attack On Abuja Bound Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.