Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi (32554 Views)

AMCON To Sell Polaris Bank After 2019 Elections / AMCON To Sell Polaris Bank In Two Years / Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Guest House (2) (3) (4)

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Benekruku(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
AMCON should also sell River Niger and Benue and Univeristy of Nigeria Nsukka to him.

Since Dangote is the only Nigerian businessman.
Nonsense

Make a point! Is anybody else bidding for it? He is just a businessman ready to exploit any opportunity. You would do same in actual and sane sense.

Dont you have a dream of buying all of our refineries if given a chance and opportuned?
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 10:19am On May 28, 2017
lazeal:
You are wrong. There are mother than enough group of guys that can afford that shiiit bro. last last, a group of them will come together and contribute their money... ONE MAN HAVING THE KEY TO EVERYTHING in a country is DOOM. MONOPOLY is bad for the economy and only selfish person does not see anything wrong with it.

Admire Dangote but the government should create room for equal competition which will eventually favour the citizens like we often experience in the mobile industry of the country...
bro.. I fully understand you.. But outside the cement industry which I know he strongly holds 92% of, the remaining industries he has tight competitors, let's look at oil and gas, most of our other billionaires are from here before he finally wanted to silence them with his refinery.. In food now for example, his spaghetti and noodles were dead on arrival because those in that line are way better than him, even his fruit juice I can't even see it again. But in places where no one is willing to be the one in charge there's nothing wrong for him to invest in it. Let's look at innoson motors for example they had at least 5 years to start dominating but they only wanted to cling to the government to help them.. Why can't they think of making Goods for the people? Now if dangote comes and starts to make cars that every one can buy, people will say it's ojoro, our tech industry is lying fallow, tourism, sports, fashion, music even agriculture but our billionaires want to build only hotel and buy oil well.. Warren buffet bought over 50 companies in several sectors but you don't see any one complaining because he was investing into several places, some of them was even made to favor him by the government.
Elon musk started with tesla and now the government is giving him advantages in every business he comes to. They sell lands cheaper to him because they know they will still gain more.. That is how business is, if you build yourself well, the government will want to favor you.. The tax from dangote alone will even buy innoson.. So why shouldn't they support him when they can gain more.. Ugly truth.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 10:19am On May 28, 2017
Benekruku:

Make a point! Is anybody else bidding for it? He is just a businessman ready to exploit any opportunity. You would do same in actual and sane sense.

Dont you have a dream of buying all of our refineries if given a chance and opportuned?

gbam!! Bros.. Abeg place your hand on my head.. I need your blezzinns

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by humilitypays(m): 10:20am On May 28, 2017
YourWife:
Wow! Consumer goods, Oil and Gas, and now Automobile? Shey this man knows there is money in Real Estate and Politics too... Dangote for PRESIDENT embarassed undecided
Dangote is into real estate big time and also fully into politics; reason he is making it big in Nigeria and he dines with every government of the day to keep his government-assisted wealth flowing.

On another note, real estate is not as profitable as people think if u know how to invest wisely. Consumer goods is the key....IT, dotcom and Tech are the boom of our time
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Benekruku(m): 10:21am On May 28, 2017
AheadMarket:
Monkeys! In an advance country, the court will stop Dangote from buying so much. But, here, in Zoogeria, he is even encourage to buy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shut-up!

His he the richest in the world? Why havent countries of those ahead of him stopped his counterparts

very lame and empty reasoning!

Research about the few families that control America and make a point.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 10:21am On May 28, 2017
erico2k2:

ahahah then U mst B the bastard one
her next child is.. tongue
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by cremeboy: 10:22am On May 28, 2017
FemiFimile:
Hausafulani are the most tribalistic biggots.

Everything must be North alone. No wonder other group are shouting self determination.

There is wat they will do, Dangote will see trouble later.

how are they tribalistic? Someone submitted a bid and it got accepted and you are here spewing rubbish. Lmao. Continue being pained.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by d33types: 10:22am On May 28, 2017
smartty68:

So they even have the capacity to assemble 90k cars in a year yet I could barely find Peugeot cars on Naija roads. Funny fifool

Come to the North where Peugeot is the most popular brand. The South has an attitude of,if it's not Toyota its not good enough
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Benekruku(m): 10:22am On May 28, 2017
obowunmi:
Dangote is a lobbyist not a business man.

#fact

And how can u be top businessman without being a lobbyist?
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 10:23am On May 28, 2017
humilitypays:
Dangote is into real estate big time and also fully into politics; reason he is making it big in Nigeria and he dines with every government of the day to keep his government-assisted wealth flowing.

On another note, real estate is not as profitable as people think if u know how to invest wisely. Consumer goods is the key....IT, dotcom and Tech are the boom of our time
abi ooh.. Help me tell them. Something our current billionaires will start to invest into creating gadgets and softwares.. They want to build hotels.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On May 28, 2017
savagefinder:
her next child is.. tongue
well my Mum has passed that stage now but Im sure ur one will wink
Dino comes to mind here wink wink
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by lazeal: 10:30am On May 28, 2017
prettyboi1:

Young man, business is business. Nobody is going to wait for a group of people to contribute money to buy a company. Have you ever heard that "Time is money?" They needed their money right away & Dangote was able to provide them with the money needed. I am certain other people also competed to buy it but Dangote probably had an edge by what he was able to offer. Business is about results and not sentiments, like I said before....BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.

Now let me tell you.. what is going on here is not really dangote buying that ssshhiii... he is fronting for the governor. They only use him as cosmetics of that the public wouldn't raise eyebrow.

You can't tell me there are no other persons other than Dangote to have the money for this... it is not possible and it is a big fat lie. This not business. this is full blown political ploy!

When we talk about technicalities and industrialization, the SOUTH holds the key... so I wonder what a plant like that is doing there in the first place. The North is mainly Agriculture

I think we ought to build things along line of interest of a people.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Bolognese: 10:30am On May 28, 2017
Open bid means they'll come and inform you in your father's house... Olodo wake up! The names you mentioned don't have any interest in that line of business. Why not take AMCON to court since you're all knowing.

amarachi06:

Was it an open bid? did you hear or read it in any paper? Emancipate yourself from slavery before quoting. Zombie!
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 10:32am On May 28, 2017
erico2k2:

well my Mum has passed that stage now but Im sure ur one will wink
Dino comes to mind here wink wink
except if Dino is a necromancer.. Hehehe.. The style is use isn't a normal.. Let me send money for pampers down
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On May 28, 2017
savagefinder:
except if Dino is a necromancer.. Hehehe.. The style is use isn't a normal.. Let me send money for pampers down
Dont try DIno ohhh,He even boast in public and has been quoted in the Media, so I can trust him to deliver oyah where she dey?
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by kenny5811(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2017
if dangote vex wit nigeria, we go witness d real recession.. letz continue putin all our eggs in danguates' basket... #Icryfor9ja

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by gnykelly(m): 10:37am On May 28, 2017
Klington:
,,, i see ur level of understanding, bigot.... Where is ur bua in the market

because you live in a cave. you don't know.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 10:57am On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
AMCON should also sell River Niger and Benue and Univeristy of Nigeria Nsukka to him.

Since Dangote is the only Nigerian businessman.
Nonsense
Cry baby. Keep crying while others are making it.
Brain dead ipob jewdas
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by cooldood(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2017
For those that may not know, Dangote is actually now a legitimate conduit for a few of our politicians to launder money, steal, embezzle and do business. Most people may not know, but obj is a backdoor major shareholder of Dangote Cement, I know some ignorant ones will come to dispute it, but dispute it at your own peril. Dangote will soon be involved in all the key sectors of the economy, and will always get his way (except the sector is not juicy).

Like Daron Acemoglu wrote in his book- Why Nations Fail- about extractive political institutions setting up extractive economic institutions, Dangote has become Nigerian Politicians' conduit to extract the wealth of the people. Dangote has become an extractive institution.

It will take what happened to Standard Oil in the 19th century, when some US Congress members rose up against Rockefeller, and successfully broke his back (monopoly) and split Standard Oil into many smaller Oil companies that we see today. It will take such and a lot more, so wealth is distributed far more than concentrating in the hands of a few.

Mind you, I am an entrepreneur and I salute Dangote's entrepreneurial drive, but, poverty thrives when wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by yanjutomi(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2017
obidevine:

Trust me if other credible people had put in a bid, they'd have considered them too.
alaye u ar talking jazz cos na him only 1 buy all public liability? na him only sabi litigated public bloc asset. alaye u no sabi anything
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:06am On May 28, 2017
prettyboi1:

Don't mind that guy. Nigerians always be looking for free stuff & cursing other people making legit moves.
u will see those same eediots praising pple like ifanyi uba for fleecing the country
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:07am On May 28, 2017
yanjutomi:

alaye u ar talking jazz cos na him only 1 buy all public liability? na him only sabi litigated public bloc asset. alaye u no sabi anything
which other 1 has Dangkte ever bought
waiting for ur reply
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by CioAngels(f): 11:08am On May 28, 2017
Very good i should say, pa uthman dan fodio and buhari's plans to conquer Nigeria is really taken shape, all governments main establishments and positions are assigned to most northern fulanis and those to be sold are also mostly sold to fulani northerners while the so called educated southerners are there selling away their birthright for slavery positions and one secret employment slot for his or her their children. Shame to southern leaders.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2017
cooldood:
For those that may not know, Dangote is actually now a legitimate conduit for a few of our politicians to launder money, steal, embezzle and do business. Most people may not know, but obj is a backdoor major shareholder of Dangote Cement, I know some ignorant ones will come to dispute it, but dispute it at your own peril. Dangote will soon be involved in all the key sectors of the economy, and will always get his way (except the sector is not juicy).

Like Daron Acemoglu wrote in his book- Why Nations Fail- about extractive political institutions setting up extractive economic institutions, Dangote has become Nigerian Politicians' conduit to extract the wealth of the people. Dangote has become an extractive institution.
I hate speculations
we want proof

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by cooldood(m): 11:26am On May 28, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
I hate speculations
we want proof
Proof of what? Do you get proof and evidence from Shady, extractive politicians like obj, or most of your politicians? When people front for these politicians, how will you find out if you are not wise n smart. A retired. Army Colonel, who deals with Dangote revealed this to me, about obj.

The evidences you need are clear, I'll give you a few life scenarios shortly, you know a thief is not a thief until he is caught. Visit Strive Masiyiwa's blog to read about the case of Econet, then you'd have a little idea about what is going on in your country, my country- Nigeria. And it was Strive that personally went to testify in the UK against James Ibori, that nailed Ibori finally. He named a few former Governors as well involved in diverting millions of states' funds into trying to take over Econet. Perhaps, he wanted to really nail Ibori because of what he said to him- that even God cannot save Strive from being removed from Econet, and it was easier for him when Ibori was now caught in the UK for money laundering.

Go and read about the Halliburton scandal also, look for the impeachment proceedings on obj during his second term and read it, same with Ajaokuta scandal. Note, obj is not the only one. So, this is not about obj, but these so called political elites/ elder statesmen. When Pat Utomi talked about obj, ibb and TY Danjuma, as holding back progress of 9ja, you think he doesn't know what he's saying.

The more you look, the less you see.

(Strive Masiyiwa by the way, is the founder of Econet Wireless and the richest billionaire from Zimbabwe, he sometime ago took Mugabe to court and defeated Mugabe in Zimbabwe).

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2017
tiwiex:

Crap Talk. There is something called antitrust bro. Credibility? What does that mean? 150million people and u proudly say we have one credible person? There is more to it. Notice the region where all d interested parties come from? Also notice where the Amcon boss comes from. Ok oh. Dey talk credibility while the nation is raped.

Thank you very much sir.
Some of these foolish people don't know what anti trust means.

How can you have a country of over 150m and claim only dangote is credible
He is the only one that sees opportunity where nobody sees
He is the only that can invest in Nigeria.
A whole lot of dirty dirty words from unintelligent people
They will add to the garbage by claiming he is creating job, what they Bleep, as if if the company is given (not even sold) given to another person that person won't create jobs

It's just a shame, this was the stage Americans exited in the 19th- 20th century when the seized economic power from the hands of Rockefeller, JP Morgan and his greedy lots. In this modern age we are going into the cage America exited from
The more reason I suggest this country should break.

During abachas's time dangote was given dollar at 21Naira , every other person buys dollars at 90Naira and they will claim he has vision, he is a good business man. Someone that borrows large money from banks, will refuse to repay the loan and amcon will now come and pick up the debt

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Bapy(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2017
Some people are just saying thrash..
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Klington: 12:13pm On May 28, 2017
unmask:
oga if you have proof of your claim....kindly produce it, if not just hush so we can have peace.....how much did abrahamovich buy chelsea....how much debt did he write off and how much has he invested?

You guys just find ways to stir up trouble

Someone even mentioned Innoson.....Innoson that is still looking for funds to manage his own plant.

And in case you don't know.....there are few people banks will lend money to these days....and unless you have cash at hand or very credit worthy.....you won't have money to buy a plant
sometimes, you ignore some people not because they have made any valid points but because they have choosen to be myopically sentimental..a country with over 200 million population, why would every business be tied on the waist of one man. No one is envious of his gigantic achievements, but the honest truth is that, there are hundreds of dangotes here in Nigeria. And if memory serves me right, dangote was one of the people that liquidated oceanic bank with huge irredeemable loans without collaterals.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 28, 2017
castrokins:
Dangote Must Be Stopped, And Now, Lest He Buys Us All.

How Can You Sell An Asset As Peugeot In Secrecy? When Was It Advertised For Other Nigerians Who May Be Interested In Investing There?
Peugeot is not national asset, it was owned by private company that bankrupt it...so what is the noise about Dangote buying over a bankrupt company? I beg
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Emmahunk(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2017
Why so much hatred and jealousy? Though born into a wealthy family, this man started early in life to struggle for success . You can do same. Channel the energy you spend on hating Dangote into something more productive and who knows you might just turn out like he did.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by amarachi06(f): 12:28pm On May 28, 2017
Bolognese:
Open bid means they'll come and inform you in your father's house... Olodo wake up! The names you mentioned don't have any interest in that line of business. Why not take AMCON to court since you're all knowing.

Zombie go and worship your slave masters and while you are at it, don't forget your monthly stipends.

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by amarachi06(f): 12:28pm On May 28, 2017
Bolognese:

Zombie go and worship your slave masters and while you are at it, don't forget your monthly stipends.

How To Use Paypal In Nigeria / 20 Most Generous People In The World - BusinessInsider / Meet Fewa Otedola, The Only Son Of Nigerian Billionaire Femi Otedola!!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76