Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi (32555 Views)

AMCON To Sell Polaris Bank After 2019 Elections / AMCON To Sell Polaris Bank In Two Years / Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by gevans(m): 12:30pm On May 28, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Everything Dangote!
Let us sell Nigeria to the UK, and Biafra to Israel. Like if you agree, share if you don't.
what are thou saying?
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 28, 2017
Klington:
sometimes, you ignore some people not because they have made any valid points but because they have choosen to be myopically sentimental..a country with over 200 million population, why would every business be tied on the waist of one man. No one is envious of his gigantic achievements, but the honest truth is that, there are hundreds of dangotes here in Nigeria. And if memory serves me right, dangote was one of the people that liquidated oceanic bank with huge irredeemable loans without collaterals.
Sorry, there is only 1 Dangote. The guy is worth more than addition of the next ten billionaires. Agree that it is bad that just one person should not be allowed to buy the whole country... But looking at it from another angle... Had Yaradua not reverted Obasanjo sale of refineries to Dangote are you sure we will not be producing our own fuel by now. GEJ gave out 19 refinery licenses, Buhari has given out more...making it over 30+ licenses issued...including modular refineries... Why is it only Dangote refinery that is under construction? Why is it only on Dangote that our hope of local refining solely placed? What happened to other billionaires that have the licenses too? Ask yourself why Ibeto continue to rely solely on cement importation when Dangote was spending billions to build Obadjana... Why did Ibeto wait till when his import license was suspended before he start investing into his own cement plant? Before you abuse Dangote, try to answer those questions. It is bad for just one person to dominate, the US used to be like that with Rockefeller and Henry ford...so it is not strange

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Bolognese: 12:41pm On May 28, 2017
I guess Zombie is the latest word you learnt, no thanks to Ikpeazu.

You're a lady and you're this uncouth, I pity the unfortunate Okoro that will marry you and put in his house.

To enlighten you, please visit ASD Motors' official website and stop displaying your ignorance.

http://www.asdmotorsng.com/?page_id=10

amarachi06:

Zombie go and worship your slave masters and while you are at it, don't forget your monthly stipends.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by tete7000(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2017
xnsandrxns:
He's into automobile now?

I hope he runs it well like his other companies

All those thieving politicians and other rich guys should learn from this man that your money can work more for you when you invest in your country rather than stash them away in septic tanks and foreign banks

Does he run his pasta business well? I wish you know he has the worst pasta in the market and does nothing to improve and compete with others. The man is simply another greedy African man. He wants to put his hands into everything. Jack of all trades, master of none. Ko le werk.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 28, 2017
obidevine:

Trust me if other credible people had put in a bid, they'd have considered them too.

By credible do you mean the person who pays the highest bribe? Because ayam not believing that this kuru man will just sell AMCON like that and return to his tent empty--------.

btw, why should anyone trust you? Its just a question.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 28, 2017
cooldood:
For those that may not know, Dangote is actually now a legitimate conduit for a few of our politicians to launder money, steal, embezzle and do business. Most people may not know, but obj is a backdoor major shareholder of Dangote Cement, I know some ignorant ones will come to dispute it, but dispute it at your own peril. Dangote will soon be involved in all the key sectors of the economy, and will always get his way (except the sector is not juicy).

Like Daron Acemoglu wrote in his book- Why Nations Fail- about extractive political institutions setting up extractive economic institutions, Dangote has become Nigerian Politicians' conduit to extract the wealth of the people. Dangote has become an extractive institution.

It will take what happened to Standard Oil in the 19th century, when some US Congress members rose up against Rockefeller, and successfully broke his back (monopoly) and split Standard Oil into many smaller Oil companies that we see today. It will take such and a lot more, so wealth is distributed far more than concentrating in the hands of a few.

Mind you, I am an entrepreneur and I salute Dangote's entrepreneurial drive, but, poverty thrives when wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few.
But the fact is that there was first a standard oil built by Rockefeller that had to be broken. Without standard out maybe US too will rely on importing refined oil from Europe and Canada. The Rockefeller example you gave is a pointer that we truly need a Dangote... It wasn't just Rockefeller, there was also Henry Ford that dominated the automobile industry. They are pioneers, they bear the risks and end up creating a more reliable model/template for others to follow. They give other investors and entrepreneurs confidence. Initially, there will always be tendency of monopoly but by nature the monopoly always end up broken.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by amarachi06(f): 12:52pm On May 28, 2017
Bolognese:
I guess Zombie is the latest word you learnt, no thanks to Ikpeazu.

You're a lady and you're this uncouth, I pity the unfortunate Okoro that will marry you and put in his house.

To enlighten you, please visit ASD Motors' official website and stop displaying your ignorance.

http://www.asdmotorsng.com/?page_id=10

Should in case you don't what l called you, "ZOMBIE" stay off my mention. As for marriage, l can't settle with your type cos perfectionist don't make a good husband.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by engrchykae(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2017
Bondesniger:
good one but hope Dangote will not send others in the business out ...........

you know what i mean
one question for you mr or mrs hopeful.did Dangote shut out other competitors in the cement business?

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by cooldood(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2017
Nalikedis:
But the fact is that there was first a standard oil built by Rockefeller that had to be broken. Without standard out maybe US too will rely on importing refined oil from Europe and Canada. The Rockefeller example you gave is a pointer that we truly need a Dangote... It wasn't just Rockefeller, there was also Henry Ford that dominated the automobile industry. They are pioneers, they bear the risks and end up creating a more reliable model/template for others to follow. They give other investors and entrepreneurs confidence. Initially, there will always be tendency of monopoly but by nature the monopoly always end up broken.

There's nothing like what you wrote in your last sentence; ..."by nature monopoly always end up broken", no, its not by nature, but by actively challenging it. Everywhere in the world, there are always two types of entrepreneurs, the opportunists, and the innovative ones. Most big businesses in Nigeria are largely opportunists who are rent seekers and without people waking up to the danger of their monopolistic tendencies, then the people continue to wallow in serious poverty.

Standard Oil was established in 1870, within 40 years its monopolistic drive was broken into more than 30 smaller companies (by 1911). How long will 'nature' take its effect in Nigeria, if its nature that is required to break Dangote's monopolistic tendencies.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by engrchykae(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2017
savagefinder:
what are u even saying? If you want to sell something and you want it to prosper, which person will you choose dangote or otedola? Oya lie and let thunder sing "hello" on your head
when you want to sell goods or services,you advertise them so that more potential buyers will come.then they start bidding and at the end of the day,the goods or service goes to the highest bidder.not pady pady things.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by cooldood(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2017
anyaekekehinde:

Thank you very much sir.
Some of these foolish people don't know what anti trust means.

How can you have a country of over 150m and claim only dangote is credible
He is the only one that sees opportunity where nobody sees
He is the only that can invest in Nigeria.
A whole lot of dirty dirty words from unintelligent people
They will add to the garbage by claiming he is creating job, what they Bleep, as if if the company is given (not even sold) given to another person that person won't create jobs

It's just a shame, this was the stage Americans exited in the 19th- 20th century when the seized economic power from the hands of Rockefeller, JP Morgan and his greedy lots. In this modern age we are going into the cage America exited from
The more reason I suggest this country should break.

During abachas's time dangote was given dollar at 21Naira , every other person buys dollars at 90Naira and they will claim he has vision, he is a good business man. Someone that borrows large money from banks, will refuse to repay the loan and amcon will now come and pick up the debt

Dont mind some certified illiterates, I worked in a Bank few years ago and Dangote was practically requesting that we wrote off his Billions of outstanding loans. Loans that he got at less than market rate in the first place at less than 10% (when market rate was 23%). We spent weeks writing off loans before QPR and Dangote's loans was in Billions. And that's just one of his banks.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Skubidude(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2017
amarachi06:
What of Adenuga, Otedola, Ibeto and others? Just give me my own share and sell Nigeria.

Fine bae, i dey feel u die. Make we relate abeg, u've got mail.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by centboy123456(m): 1:26pm On May 28, 2017
obembet:
How I wish this man can go bid for Osun,Benue and kogi state. Fayose is very stubborn, he may not like to sell Ekiti cos ponmo.. I trust aregbe, he can sell anything sellable.. Including every civil servant.

lol u are not serious at all

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by engrchykae(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2017
savagefinder:
thank you.. He wanted to dwell in the pride of " I am the 1st"..im just praying dangote will go and invest in power so that we that are potential business men will have stable electricity to work
dangote will rather give nigerians consumer goods such as sugar noodles cement floor petrol and will not give you a platform(power) to challenge him in the future.remember he is an alhaji that will only feed the almajiri and not empower the almajiri.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by anyaekekehinde(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2017
Nalikedis:
Sorry, there is only 1 Dangote. The guy is worth more than addition of the next ten billionaires. Agree that it is bad that just one person should not be allowed to buy the whole country... But looking at it from another angle... Had Yaradua not reverted Obasanjo sale of refineries to Dangote are you sure we will not be producing our own fuel by now. GEJ gave out 19 refinery licenses, Buhari has given out more...making it over 30+ licenses issued...including modular refineries... [b]Why is it only Dangote refinery that is under construction? Why is it only on Dangote that our hope of local refining solely placed? What happened to other billionaires that have the licenses too? [/b]Ask yourself why Ibeto continue to rely solely on cement importation when Dangote was spending billions to build Obadjana... Why did Ibeto wait till when his import license was suspended before he start investing into his own cement plant? Before you abuse Dangote, try to answer those questions. It is bad for just one person to dominate, the US used to be like that with Rockefeller and Henry ford...so it is not strange

This is why I expected you to be worried and fear for this business Empire called Nigeria plc.

Shouldnt it be a red flag to you that dangote dey get mind where others no get??

Do you know the population of Nigeria??
And 1 man will be the all knowing man of business wey sabi opportunity and na him sabi take risk pass.

This is a country where just one politically sponsored reform is needed to kill your multi billion dollars investment.

Some people are afraid of tomorrow, that just one nonsense reform from another government will kill you.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by amarachi06(f): 2:13pm On May 28, 2017
Skubidude:

Fine bae, i dey feel u die. Make we relate abeg, u've got mail.
yeah!
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by slivertongue: 2:13pm On May 28, 2017
YourWife:
Dangote for PRESIDENT [/b] embarassed undecided
Abiola Season 2

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by obua: 2:17pm On May 28, 2017
Klington:
,,,,,, u don't understand anything.. Cletus Ibeto's cement license was revoked so dangote can be the only one producing n selling cement in nigeria.... He can buy the entire country.
lbeto was only rebagging cement, but Dangote starting from rebagging and went into production. There are several other cement companies in Nigeria, and they are all buying up the smaller companies. We should actually praise Alh Dangote and not castigate him
engrchykae:
dangote will rather give nigerians consumer goods such as sugar noodles cement floor petrol and will not give you a platform(power) to challenge him in the future.remember he is an alhaji that will only feed the almajiri and not empower the almajiri.
Dangote is actually the biggest non oil and gas investor in power and gas sector. His project to build a 3billion scfeet gasplant has progressed beyond paper. His gas supply to Obajana can form a gas power chain for North Central Nigeria.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by dembularrr: 2:19pm On May 28, 2017
adecz:
I feel it's a good move
by AMCON to unburden some cumbersome
assets from its inventory

The only problem is that,
I feel the value of PAN has
been manipulated & reduced by
Dangote & crew to auction value to
make it a rosy deal for purchase. angry

How can a whole Assembly plant
with all its assets & 90,000 cars capacity
be worth Just about $40m?
And by the way, who carried out
the valuation??

It will take nothing less than $2bn
to build such a plant 2day. Ordinary
VP's residence cost N13bn to renovate
during GEJ's tenure ( shocked ).

Dangote & Elrufai, make una park well;
we sabi una antecedents..
We cannot be fooled. angry

Depreciation of those assets can be a significant factor for d price reduction.
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by seuncyrus(m): 2:32pm On May 28, 2017
gnykelly:

stop exposing your absolute stupidity. we have BUA cement. Larfarge. and many others still in operation. stop your hatred.

I was shocked with his response too oh, I was just about to ask about larfarge , elephant and co.

smh for this generation of Nigerian youths
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Abfinest007(m): 2:47pm On May 28, 2017
na Nigeria I won buy me and buhari don conclude na signing of the papers remain

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by savagefinder: 4:52pm On May 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Dont try DIno ohhh,He even boast in public and has been quoted in the Media, so I can trust him to deliver oyah where she dey?
u no even hear English..
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by southpole: 5:10pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
angry
AMCON should also sell River Niger and Benue and Univeristy of Nigeria Nsukka to him.

Since Dangote is the only Nigerian businessman.
Nonsense

Not really against your comment but remember that the power sector was divided and sold to the other Nigerian businessmen you are crying for but where is the power sector now, perhaps if they had sold the power sector to Dangote probably we could have been better because he has the financial muscle to turn things around. Those who bought the power sector can not even provide near enough prepaid meters after years of purchase and the prepaid meters happened to be among the cheapest component. It is not about who buys, but who can fix it
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by vikeyz(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2017
Dangote my main man grin
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 28, 2017
morbeta:

My brother if you bid for it and have credibility and the resources believe me you will be given. Dangote represents unseen interest that will baffle you.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 28, 2017
Benekruku:

Shut-up!

His he the richest in the world? Why havent countries of those ahead of him stopped his counterparts

very lame and empty reasoning!

Research about the few families that control America and make a point.

You see how Zoogeria has truncated your sense of reasoning?

Common sense should have told you that too much concentration of companies under one person will make him a "god" undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You see wetin Zoogeria de do una. grin grin grin grin grin

After, you will say that you have sense cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Read and Learn

http://fusion.kinja.com/4-corporate-mergers-shot-down-by-the-government-1793840916

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 28, 2017
Benekruku:

Shut-up!

His he the richest in the world? Why havent countries of those ahead of him stopped his counterparts

very lame and empty reasoning!

Research about the few families that control America and make a point.

You see how Zoogeria has truncated your sense of reasoning?

Common sense should have told you that too much concentration of companies under one person will make him a "god" undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You see wetin Zoogeria de do una. grin grin grin grin grin

After, you will say that you have sense cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Read and Learn

http://fusion.kinja.com/4-corporate-mergers-shot-down-by-the-government-1793840916

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by engrchykae(m): 7:51pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=obua post=56956667]lbeto was only rebagging cement, but Dangote starting from rebagging and went into production. There are several other cement companies in Nigeria, and they are all buying up the smaller companies. We should actually praise Alh Dangote and not castigate him Dangote is actually the biggest non oil and gas investor in power and gas sector. His project to build a 3billion scfeet gasplant has progressed beyond paper. His gas supply to Obajana can form a gas power chain for No is the gas meant for consumer goods or for a power plant?
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by yanjutomi(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
which other 1 has Dangkte ever bought waiting for ur reply
what of steel rolling oshogbo
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:22am On May 30, 2017
yanjutomi:

what of steel rolling oshogbo
Not aware. Beside we dont hear of other Nigerians who re interested in stuff like this. The only few we ve wants to fleece the country.
Imagine Ifeanyi uba and others

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by yanjutomi(m): 9:51am On May 30, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Not aware. Beside we dont hear of other Nigerians who re interested in stuff like this. The only few we ve wants to fleece the country.
Imagine Ifeanyi uba and others
agreed but he want everything for himself greedy rich man siphoning nigeria resourses......
He acquired ikeja textile company but he didn't revive it he only turned it to sugar mill.
The Nigerian Textile Mills
Plc is a large Nigerian
textile firm that started
production of a variety of
textiles including the
spinning, weaving, printing
and bleaching of finished
cotton goods in 1962. It
started out as a joint
venture between the
Western Nigeria
Development Corporation
and some foreign firms
including Trans-
Continental Mercantile
Company of Milan, Chase
Manhattan and Maurer
Textiles. Its first mills
was located in Ikeja.
The company is listed on
the Nigerian Stock
Exchange and is now
controlled by the Dangote
Group. The company was
established with a capital
of 2.6 million pounds and
incorporated in 1960. The
Ikeja mill started
production on September
1, 1961 with the spinning,
weaving and printing of
different cotton goods
including bafts and
finished shirts utilizing
new machines but its
printing equipment was
purchased used. Major
early textile firms such as
J.F. Kamson and the
Kaduna Textiles Mills
originally started
production with the capital
intensive spinning and
weaving before jumping
into bleaching unlike NTM
which focused on the
capital intensive aspects
and also the printing
aspects of the textile
industry that required great
technical skill. The firm
was also one of the
earliest to make use of
computers within the
industry. In 1967, it
expanded its production
to include coloured woven
and dobby and printed
cloths.
Early on, the Kaduna
textile mill focused largely
on the Northern Nigeria
market while the Ikeja mill
tapped into the Southern
Nigerian market.
Today
The company is currently
going through a tough
period in the textile
industry partly due to
competition from foreign
textiles. In July 2004, the
company went on
operational recess
producing only sacks.
Prior to the shutting down
of the Ikeja mill, the
company had to withstand
the effects of competition
by staff retrenchment and
borrowing including a loan
from the International
Finance Company in
1987. In 1993, the
company was privatized
and bought by Aliko
Dangote.ni
source: nigerianwiki.com/Nigerian_Textile_Mills
Re: AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi by lazeal: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
prettyboi1:

Young man, business is business. Nobody is going to wait for a group of people to contribute money to buy a company. Have you ever heard that "Time is money?" They needed their money right away & Dangote was able to provide them with the money needed. I am certain other people also competed to buy it but Dangote probably had an edge by what he was able to offer. Business is about results and not sentiments, like I said before....BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.

Lol... And I just used this words of yours few weeks back when addressing a point on facebook: "Business is Business"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Use Paypal In Nigeria / 20 Most Generous People In The World - BusinessInsider / Ireland Returns 5 Containers Of Beans Exported From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.