Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial (959 Views)

Man Buries His One-Day-Old Baby, Shares Pics Of Her Burial On Facebook / Why Do People Use Burial Ceremonies To Show Affluence? / Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by dgb4(m): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
hello people,
A friend of mine has a female friend (just friends) whom father died recently,
my friend is thinking of buying the coffin as his own part of contribution to the burial.

He is just a friend and the family members dont even know him.

What would be your advise in this case??
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by ifyalways(f): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2010
dgb4:

hello people,
A friend of mine has a female friend (just friends) whom father died recently,
my friend is thinking of buying the coffin as his own part of contribution to the burial.

He is just a friend and the family members dont even know him.

What would be your advise in this case??
If he is a husband or husband-to-be it might sound OK but a mere friend common,ask ur friend to give the girl the money he intends to use get the coffin.It is in most places,the first son/daughter that gets the coffin when the old man dies but if the family asked his girl to get a coffin for the dad,he STILL shouldnt be the one to buy the coffin,he shld give the cash to the babe,let her do the purchase herself. u cant cry more than the bereaved. wink
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2010
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Dammyray(m): 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
Its not worth it
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by mamagee3(f): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
Just buy the Coffin, why is that an issue?
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Ndipe(m): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2010
Is your friend ok? That's an insult for a non-relative to step in and offer to buy a coffin to the deceased's family. It's what family members do.
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by r231(m): 1:00am On Jan 17, 2010
nooooooooooo
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by tallgal(f): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2010
he should just give money instead.
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by dgb4(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
God bless u all for ur contributions.
After series of interaction with him, he opened up that he might marry the girl. But i dont think this is the right approach to follow the marriage since he hasnt proposed yet and the deceased & family dont know him.
more advise pls. Thanks
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by coolier(f): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
Why doesn't he just give them a cow or drinks for the after party?
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by tayoast(m): 12:04am On Jan 18, 2010
he's 'just a friend' & he want6s 2 buy d casket

i bet there'es an ulterior motive
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Fhemmmy: 1:08am On Jan 18, 2010
I dont see anything wrong in that.
If they are friends and he wants to help and contribute the casket, there is no big deal.
God bless the dude jare.
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2010
Re: Buying A Coffin For A Girl's Father Burial by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
chaircover:

I may be wrong but I think I heard somewhere that traditionally in Yoruba land it is the in-laws that buy the casket, but even if this is true, the guy isn't married to the lady yet.

So what?
The man just wanna be nice enuf to buy the casket
So lemme ask this, what if the guy say, here is the money for a casket and the lady buy the casket, will that some kinda taboo as well?

BTW . . .2 years down the road, i am sure the dude could now say, he bought the casket, cos in all honesty, he did.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Still Paying Debts 6 Months After Marriage / What Was Your Worst Experience In 2010? / Am Chris ,i Need A Wife This Year ,she Sud Be From Akwa-ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.