Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) (1229 Views)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Paul Enenche Blasts Looters: ‘There Are So Many Useless Rich Men In Nigeria' / Nature Is Fast Exposing The Men Of Yahweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by Papzey(f): 1:33pm On May 28, 2017
Do you want to be a virtuous woman? The characteristics of a virtuous woman have been explored in religious texts (both the Qur'an and Bible) and philosophers have also worked on it throughout the ages. There are few common principles that most great free thinkers agree on, even though others vary on the exact details. If you'd like to be a virtuous woman, below are five principles you should review to get started.

1. Beauty
You must have heard this saying, "true beauty lies within." True beauty is virtuous because it develops out of good character. If you want to look virtuous, you need to look inwards so that you absolutely become virtuous.

If you live the life of a virtuous woman, you will also be a beautiful woman because inner beauty and virtue go hand-in-hand. Your outward beauty should reflect your inward beauty. You can look beautiful on the outside even when maintaining inner beauty. Beautiful things shine, and their radiance can be felt externally. For a complete beauty, inward beauty must harmonize with outward beauty. That is if you are beauty on the inside, you should take care of your body and treat it with plenty respect so that others can see your beauty, as well.

You do not have to be supermodel-cute, but be confident to look your best. Do you get a self-satisfaction when you look in the mirror and like what you see? Liking yourself enough to buck for this sensation is a healthy and virtuous amount of outward beauty. Dress modestly so as not to tempt others with your outward beauty. You don't have to look unstylish, but understand that a revealing outfit might temporarily attract men. However, men of good character are attracted to women of virtue.

Another mark of virtue is being kind and respectful enough not to a source of temptation to the men around you. Though men are responsible for their own actions and thoughts, but as visual beings, they are influenced by what they see. Take good care of your body and stay healthy by eating solely healthy foods and staying in shape. Avoid exposing your body to harmful substances like drugs or abusive quantities of alcohol. Respect is a virtue, so show self-respect to your body.

2. Other Outward Virtue
Be kind and act in service to others. This means thinking highly of the needs of others, taking care of those whenever you can, while also taking care of your own needs. An example of service is volunteering your time and energy in formal and informal situations to help others. For example, a virtuous woman can join an NGO pushing for Sickle Cell Disease orientation, and will also be there to a friend who needs a shoulder to lean on, even if it means missing out on something else.

Being truly kind means you need to approach people with a giving spirit. You should be that person whom others can consult for positive words and actions. However, it is not enough to just exchange pleasantries and a few nice words in passing. Be hospitable and generous. Make sure to always complete tasks assigned to you and do away with procrastination. Take care of your responsibilities and be self-disciplined. Do the right things even when others can't see or aren't looking.

Spend your money and earth resources wisely. You should not be irresponsible with money or spend wastefully. Be frugal, but don't be stingy or cheap. Take care of your financial obligations before throwing your money on indulgences. In other words, you should be shopping for new cloths lavishly when you owe rent or other bills.

Be a good time manager. Spend your time wisely and don't be lazy. Take time to relax and recharge fully, since you can only be productive when sufficiently well rested. Do not be frivolous with your time. Do things at the right time, and channel your efforts in ways that will most profit you and those around you.

3. Inward Virtue
Do you have faith? Faith traditionally mean to believe in God or some religious reasoning. If you don't believe in God, you can still apply the principle of faith by faithfully pursuing virtue. Commit yourself to your faith in God, or in the goodness of virtue, remain faithful in the face of challenges that occur.

Respect your body by keeping it pure. Your body is a treasure and do not give it up to just anyone. The principle of purity states that one should wait until marriage before having sex. Nearly every major religion is in support of this principle. Even if you don't have any religion, you should still apply this principle. Sex should be a special activity that should only be cherished and entertained between two people in love. Determine what is beneficial and harmful by weighing outside influence carefully, be open to critique and advice, and act appropriately.

Women are emotional by nature, and the downside of this is that it can often blind reason. So, you need to cultivate reason. A virtuous woman will accept her emotions but use reason to effect her reactions. Govern yourself by wisdom, not by folly. That is listening to your heart for guidance, but judging a situation with your mind, applying the wisdom you have acquired throughout your life in assessing things accurately.

Read more: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2016/07/how-to-be-virtuous-woman.html
Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by HungerBAD: 1:35pm On May 28, 2017
Good write up.

Papzey,but are there women like this?with all these qualities you listed?i tend to avoid such threads,so some dont say i want to bash women.

But my experience with women has thought me that women say one thing and then do another thing.

The pretentious nature of women(two face)is one point you did not hit on.

But overall a nice write up.

4 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by Nutase: 2:27pm On May 28, 2017
Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 5:40pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Good write up.

Papzey,but are there women like this?with all these qualities you listed?i tend to avoid such threads,so some dont say i want to bash women.

But my experience with women has taught me that women say one thing and then do another thing.

The pretentious nature of women(two face)is one point you did not hit on.

But overall a nice write up.

Ladies can also testify of the bolded about men.

The bolded also show you've not found a virtuous woman because they do not act that way.

So go get a virtuous woman before generalizing all women in your conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 5:44pm On May 28, 2017
Do you get a self-satisfaction when you look in the mirror and like what you see?
lipsrsealed
Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by HungerBAD: 5:48pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Ladies can also testify of the bolded about men.

The bolded also show you've not found a virtuous woman because they do not act that way.

So go get a virtuous woman before generalizing all women in your conclusion.

You have a point.

But can you pour more light on my question without referring back to men?the write up is about virtuous women, and trust me, i am curious to meet one.

Any education about the mysterious virtuous women will be helpful. I mean how to know them.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 6:33pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

You have a point.

But can you pour more light on my question without referring back to men?the write up is about virtuous women, and trust me, i am curious to meet one.

Any education about the mysterious virtuous women will be helpful. I mean how to know them.

Hmmmm.... I remembered the story of Elijah in the Bible

And he said, I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
1 Kings 19:14 KJV

And the Lord said unto him,...... Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
1 Kings 19:15‭, ‬18 KJV

but are there women like this?with all these qualities you listed?

The answer to your question above is yes. A very very very big YES. If you believe there is at least one virtuous person in the entire universe then you have to believe there are more.

If you've seen at least one, then it means there are more out there.

Personally, I can boldly answer yes because I know some who are virtuous. At least my mum is grin cheesy so I know there are more.

So there's hope bro, don't lose it. And don't give up too soon.
Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by HungerBAD: 7:24pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Hmmmm.... I remembered the story of Elijah in the Bible

And he said, I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
1 Kings 19:14 KJV

And the Lord said unto him,...... Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
1 Kings 19:15‭, ‬18 KJV

The answer to your question above is yes. A very very very big YES. If you believe there is at least one virtuous person in the entire universe then you have to believe there are more.

If you've seen at least one, then it means there are more out there.

Personally, I can boldly answer yes because I know some who are virtuous. At least my mum is grin cheesy so I know there are more.

So there's hope bro, don't lose it. And don't give up too soon.

You see?exactly my point. Your answers are from the Bible.

I am a realist. Maybe the mistake i made was assuming you are a female,as i will repeat my question.

Who is a virtuous woman?and what are those realistic signs to watch out for so as to recognize them.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 7:42pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

You see?exactly my point. Your answers are from the Bible.

I am a realist. Maybe the mistake i made was assuming you are a female,as i will repeat my question.

Who is a virtuous woman?and what are those realistic signs to watch out for so as to recognize them.

Are you calling me a dreamer? grin

Well I'm a Christian so don't be surprised I quoted the Bible.

But I thought you knew who a virtuous woman is and that's why you questioned if they indeed exist after you've concluded they don't.

The Op gave an idea of a virtuous woman and if you ask me I can only quote from the Bible which you may not like.

But my answer is still in the affirmative, that they exist.

Do you want to list the qualities of whom you think a virtuous woman is to you and let me see if I can still stand my ground?
Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by HungerBAD: 8:19pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Are you calling me a dreamer? grin

Well I'm a Christian so don't be surprised I quoted the Bible.

But I thought you knew who a virtuous woman is and that's why you questioned if they indeed exist after you've concluded they don't.

The Op gave an idea of a virtuous woman and if you ask me I can only quote from the Bible which you may not like.

But my answer is still in the affirmative, that they exist.

Do you want to list the qualities of whom you think a virtuous woman is to you and let me see if I can still stand my ground?

To me a virtuous woman is a woman who has the fear of God in them.

She must not NAG. If only women know how constant naggings get to a man.

A virtuous woman will not sleep outside,even if separated from the husband for 20 years.

The list is endless. A virtuous woman,are those we read about now. Sadly,they no longer exist.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 8:22pm On May 28, 2017
When you find a virtuous woman, you will heap praises on her from the deepest part of your heart for the rest of your life.

She doesn't need to be perfect because we're not in a perfect world but you yourself will know she's a rare germ because she will be good to you, loyal, respectful, faithful, reliable, trustworthy, loving and caring to you and everyone around you all the days of your life.

She is someone you can't do without confiding in or involving her in almost all your decision making because you trust her judgment.

Your friends will praise her from all over and wish they were the ones closer to her. There are so many things I can't say about such women because they're good managers. They know how to manage money, time, relationships, almost anything with wisdom and humility and love and dedication.

But it's difficult or very rare to find such virtuous women who do not have the fear of God and that's because you know the principles that govern them unlike those that are godless.

The question you should ask yourself is, are you deserving of them? Because such ladies are precious to God and He disires to give them to those who will value them ( who won't hurt them). Of course just as we don't expect pearls to be given to dogs..

I could go on and on but let me stop here. And if you're referring to these virtues, yes, they exist still.

Cc: HungerBAD

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Virtuous Woman! (the Men In Nairaland Can Read Too!) by bennyann: 8:24pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

To me a virtuous woman is a woman who has the fear of God in them.

She must not NAG. If only women know how constant naggings get to a man.

A virtuous woman will not sleep outside,even if separated from the husband for 20 years.

The list is endless. A virtuous woman,are those we read about now. Sadly,they no longer exist.

Wow! You knew already. I concor with all you stated.

But they do exist. They do dear. They might be rare but they exist.

(1) (Reply)

Tithing Is A Principle?,what About The Muslims And Others? / 34th Annual Stellar Awards Dates Updated To Premieres On Easter Sunday / Amazing Church Flyer Or Event Flyer Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.