Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better (5534 Views)

My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error / My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Onwan

Thax for you Lagos advise, u must be Mr Lagos, real wake up man

maybe owode onirin will be better

i will change it completely then. i have gained a lot here sha. thanks for ya contributions

i love u all great peeps.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2010
To all contributors

after changing complete gear ,i hope the sensor issue ,fluid issue, brainbox issue will not arise again.

abi what do u guys thing about tht.

im just trying to be on the safe side guys,
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by Onwan: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
Your brainbox is intact my friend;

The only thing that can make me doubt a brainbox that new is IF the vehicle was a flood vehicle before shipped to Nigeria.

When you are changing the gear at Owode, it will be changed with all accessories, sockets, sensors, etc. Thats why a presence of the buyer(or handler) is required.

I know Kunle can handle that for you.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Onwan

Thx for the confidence u have given me, God will supply you with more knowledge,wisdom and understanding to help others.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by Onwan: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2010
Anytime sir
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
suggestion pls, i need to change the gear but i am contemplation on which to go for, should i buy new gear or i should just get tokunbo from ladipo or owode onirin.

which is preferable guys, helpppp
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by freshmoney(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
OYINBOGOJU:

suggestion pls, i need to change the gear but i am contemplation on which to go for, should i buy new gear or i should just get tokunbo from ladipo or owode onirin.

which is preferable guys, helpppp

Depends on how heavy your pocket is, new Armada gear shd go for like 900k to a million; used one should be around that 300 to 350k. I will prefer used cuz its cost effective.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by felele(m): 12:19am On Jan 19, 2010
siena, are you in town (Naija), or still in Blighty? I've got a car I need converting properly to LHD, after a botched attempt by a Nigerian conversion "expert".
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:31am On Jan 19, 2010
@Freshmoney

Thx man, maybe i have to think of it financially,
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by Midas02(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2010
I do not know if this response is belated or not. The problem you describe is obvious and like Siena said the problem is deep inside your transmission. YOUR TRANSMISSION IS GONE!!! The remedy is to either rebuild your transmission (details of which Siena has eleborated on) OR to do the simplest thing which is to replace your transmission completely. I will advise the latter. N900K or N1 million seems quite steep for a transmission, especially if you are not sure of the condition!

I could get you a nice, warranted complete transmission from the US. However it is imperative that I have the following information: Year, Model, VIN, 4X4 or 4X2, Tow package or no Tow package. Transmission can be Air-freighted to you in Lagos (a week) or it may be shipped via ocean (a month). I can let you know the price once I have the necessary information.

I hope you have a decent mechanic that can drop in the replacement transmission. It shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 days to do that (my boys do it in a day!). I wish you the best.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by sultaan(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2010
I think changing the trans without knowing what the fault code is on a 2004 Armada will be too drastic.

Its still a young vehicle, I know big cars come with big problems, but this thing is built on the Titan.
It should be able to take some abuse and more.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by sultaan(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2010
How far with this now?

I think it would have been torn apart for part replacement.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by Onwan: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Sultaan
I dont think so; the car just needed a new gear and I'm sure the owner would have taken a very good chance to get it sorted.
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by weyreypey: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better by iykecollins1(m): 4:17am On Jul 09, 2021
OYINBOGOJU:

I WANT TO CHANGE MY GEAR, WHICH IS BETTER NEW GEAR OR TOKUNBO GEAR FROM OWODE OR LADIPO.

I NEED YOUR SUGGESTION AND EXPERIENCES,
From my experience....gearbox issues can be very complicating....it's easier to work on ur engine and see progress can be gear...
Am at ladipo spare parts market...lemme be ur plug...

To the experts, i am having a serious problem with my loving jeep,the gear is having a big problem ,i took it to the so called Nissan auto expert but they were only doing their try and error style, at the end they advised me to buy new gear.

If the gear is put in D, it will just be making noise without moving as much as u press the accelerator,of late i have being using 3, to move it about even though i know it will not last, and if i am on speed it wont change gear, it will only stay on one gear and making noise when the gear is tired, thus making my jeepĀ  to be the largest fuel consumer in history.i do finish full tank of more than 110 liters in 2 days.

I need an expert to advice me, do i need to buy new gear or something else can still be done to the present gear.

and like how much to get new gear,if that is the only solution,

Expert pls come to my aid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whose Duty Is It To Check Vehicle Papers??? / Road Accident Data In Nigeria / Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.