Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Hope For A Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hope For A Graduate (30894 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:
Uhh? Just zobo or you do other things?

Well sometimes i get to do research work and assignments for people and i also do cakes not too professional though...But the zobo is my only source of income for now...Nevertheless I'm seriously searching for a job... the profit from it is nothing to write home about but keeps body and soul together

2 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:
my name is joshua a chemical engineering graduate. it is so difficult to survive as a hardworking, honest and God fearing person here in Nigeria. After my NYSC i have been struggling from place to place, looking for opurtunities. i always shuttle from lagos to portharcourt...thinking that one day it will be well. i just discovered that it will never be well..

When we were in secondary school we were told to get a good course..my parents were happy when i got chemical engineering..then in school it was get a good result..that was no problem, i got a second class upper.

Ater service it was get certified..ahh, no wahala.. i got my NEBOSH certificate..then again some said it was connection..ok, i joined lots of proffesional whatsapp groups after much work, i even had to pay for some...funny enough the so called proffesional group failed woefully.

twice i was called for a job brief..twice i was rejected..the first reason was because i am igbo the woman saw my name and her countenance changed though she dashed me 2k and told me the usual words i would get back to you..ok, fair enough. The second was in portharcourt i was rejected because
of my church..Roman catholic.. hmmm. A young man was also rejected for same reason he kept on complaining while i was just laughing..though later i begged him for #100 for my TP, he gave me sha.. he is a nice man.

ok. i had to go back to the drawing board..met some people and they said i should just do further courses..oooo! course again, ok.. no wahala. i begged my mum to sell her bike for 110k so i can add 30k and do process safety and loss prevention..she accepted.. i sold the bike and did the course.. yet, no interview call. i said ok let me visit companies and give them the cv..my brother no show.

i sat still again..and then reviewed my cv..paid 2k for push CV to review the cv..still no luck.. downloaded CV review app used it time and time again. same results.. no calls.

the only thing i get everyday is insults from my Father and some relatives of how lazy and weak i am...this is not fair life itself is not fair..is it not better to die? after working hard in school and after school for about 8-10 years no result for it..

People will always say dont be tired but my brother i don tire... i know many of us have same story, but for me the only thing i can do to make the pain easy.. is write..

Nigeria is not worth it.. did i tell you i briefly went into business?.. but how can you do well in business without long time experience.. it is always difficult..well, the pressure is much and i see that breaking point is close... only God knows Tomorrow.

These days the only thing that comes to my mind is suicide..i have downloaded lots of books to see if i can find a solution.. but none yet.. please if you have good advice for me i am willing to hear it.

thanks
E Joshua

All the money you spent in getting those certificates and CV upgrades you should have saved all of them and started a small business to provide you with some money to survive at least.

6 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hassy4:
My dear, u need 2 hear my own story too. I think mine is even worst than Urz, I used to be called an engine boy, dt booking has turned me to be a tomboy lol. What differs mine 4rm Urz is I hav my parents and a special one consoling me always. Things are still hard for them Dou. Will I kill myself? No. Am a lady, hussle for job continua.... Am a 2012 graduate,5 good yrs after graduation,hmmm, best lady in my set, 2-1 Electrical and computer Engineering! With my CCNA and my little ICT experience, still nothing! I always pray for one major thing to my creator, "patience "!.so I can bear all.. .
Dear, go hussle software skills and learn, like coding or developing softwares... Those have great promises. All the best to us
Are you really a lady? If you know how to use that strength of a woman I don't think you should be in this situation. I don't mean sleeping with anybody. As a lady you can influence men even without sleeping with anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Oluwainnie(f): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Wow.. I appreciate ur strength. I did zobo for a while bt d patronage was low, so i stopped. Thinking of something else
adebayooye:

Well sometimes i get to do research work and assignments for people and i also do cakes not too professional though...But the zobo is my only source of income for now...Nevertheless I'm seriously searching for a job... the profit from it is nothing to write home about but keeps body and soul together
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Oluwainnie(f): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
How Please shed more light
Ontarget:

Are you really a lady? If you know how to use that strength of a woman I don't think you should be in this situation. I don't mean sleeping with anybody. As a lady you can influence men even without sleeping with anybody.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:
How Please shed more light
All the attention you get from guys use it wisely.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Have you tried to volunteer in order to get relevant experience.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:
my name is joshua a chemical engineering graduate. it is so difficult to survive as a hardworking, honest and God fearing person here in Nigeria. After my NYSC i have been struggling from place to place, looking for opurtunities. i always shuttle from lagos to portharcourt...thinking that one day it will be well. i just discovered that it will never be well..

When we were in secondary school we were told to get a good course..my parents were happy when i got chemical engineering..then in school it was get a good result..that was no problem, i got a second class upper.

Ater service it was get certified..ahh, no wahala.. i got my NEBOSH certificate..then again some said it was connection..ok, i joined lots of proffesional whatsapp groups after much work, i even had to pay for some...funny enough the so called proffesional group failed woefully.

twice i was called for a job brief..twice i was rejected..the first reason was because i am igbo the woman saw my name and her countenance changed though she dashed me 2k and told me the usual words i would get back to you..ok, fair enough. The second was in portharcourt i was rejected because
of my church..Roman catholic.. hmmm. A young man was also rejected for same reason he kept on complaining while i was just laughing..though later i begged him for #100 for my TP, he gave me sha.. he is a nice man.

ok. i had to go back to the drawing board..met some people and they said i should just do further courses..oooo! course again, ok.. no wahala. i begged my mum to sell her bike for 110k so i can add 30k and do process safety and loss prevention..she accepted.. i sold the bike and did the course.. yet, no interview call. i said ok let me visit companies and give them the cv..my brother no show.

i sat still again..and then reviewed my cv..paid 2k for push CV to review the cv..still no luck.. downloaded CV review app used it time and time again. same results.. no calls.

the only thing i get everyday is insults from my Father and some relatives of how lazy and weak i am...this is not fair life itself is not fair..is it not better to die? after working hard in school and after school for about 8-10 years no result for it..

People will always say dont be tired but my brother i don tire... i know many of us have same story, but for me the only thing i can do to make the pain easy.. is write..

Nigeria is not worth it.. did i tell you i briefly went into business?.. but how can you do well in business without long time experience.. it is always difficult..well, the pressure is much and i see that breaking point is close... only God knows Tomorrow.

These days the only thing that comes to my mind is suicide..i have downloaded lots of books to see if i can find a solution.. but none yet.. please if you have good advice for me i am willing to hear it.

thanks
E Joshua

We dey d same page
Re: Hope For A Graduate by tempex88(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
let an HR person review ur CV.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by wetindeyhappen: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Afonjashapmouth: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Make daily money from instant naira CPA and also affiliate marketing and they will ssh in two months, its all about your zeal. looking for a job nowadays is pointless
Re: Hope For A Graduate by MansaMoussa: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Benekruku:
I smell lies

Because you re Igbo and a Roman catholic?

How did u factually arrive at that conclusion?

You really dont deserve a job if u can run into conclusions like the way u just did

Dont talk like that...I have been denied Jobs for more spurious reasons, and mind you, i'm a Medical Doctor........I need a Solid eason why i shouldnt start aborting babies to pay my bills.

5 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by opymx: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hassy4:
My dear, u need 2 hear my own story too. I think mine is even worst than Urz, I used to be called an engine boy, dt booking has turned me to be a tomboy lol. What differs mine 4rm Urz is I hav my parents and a special one consoling me always. Things are still hard for them Dou. Will I kill myself? No. Am a lady, hussle for job continua.... Am a 2012 graduate,5 good yrs after graduation,hmmm, best lady in my set, 2-1 Electrical and computer Engineering! With my CCNA and my little ICT experience, still nothing! I always pray for one major thing to my creator, "patience "!.so I can bear all.. .
Dear, go hussle software skills and learn, like coding or developing softwares... Those have great promises. All the best to us

Where are you?
If you are in Lagos, send me your cv.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by cloud9usher: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Dude you are not suicidal! grin
This is a smart sly way to get attention towards yourself to help you from your joblessness.
grin

I can see people asking you to send CV's already, smart guy! grin

Lots of Nairaland guys would follow your pattern soon, I'm so sure about that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope For A Graduate by myrrtle(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bro don't give up!
secretsuccess:

Re: Hope For A Graduate by LexngtonSteele: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
I think it's village people... shocked shocked shocked

On a serious note, i would be brutally frank with you. You don't have mental fortitude

You give up easily & you have an entitlement complex.

Look inwards at yourself. The truth is bitter, but YOUR OWN FATHER if he concludes you are lazy, maybe you should ask why

I spent almost 7 years without a job, depressed like you, but kept trudging on. The job i eventually got paid for all the tears.

A real man keeps standing up as he's getting knocked out. A "girl-man" stays down and hopes to be saved by the referee.

Labour market is hard everywhere WORLDWIDE (except maybe Iraq & Afghanistan). Keep applying. Goodluck

9 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by adekalumichael: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
I feel your pain bro, I am glad you still show iota of hope.

I was once like you until I discover my way and currently building myself. All those qualifications are not waste. Just keep trying.

Should be you interested, many like have done this and thank us later.

Read below, just a choice.

This is a sure way we've seen people gainfully employed.

Re: Hope For A Graduate by megadonjay: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
You are not alone.

Here is my own story.

I thought there was hope in sight when I applied for a grant via twitter. I was not chosen, but someone asked me if I have a business plan. I replied him and later checked his profile to see he works for a senator as an aide.
He dropped an email where I would send the business proposal. I did and crossed my fingers waiting patiently the day I would check my email to see good news.
Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. Nothing positive entered my email. I decided to contact him privately on facebook, I told him if he can help me out with any token at least to start something.
He asked me about my location and I did give him an answer. That was the end of his replies.
Is my location the reason why he suddenly no longer replies?
I have decided to leave my fate to God. Heaven knows I have tried. undecided
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Benekruku(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
MansaMoussa:

Dont talk like that...I have been denied Jobs for more spurious reasons, and mind you, i'm a Medical Doctor........I need a Solid eason why i shouldnt start aborting babies to pay my bills.

Where u told u were rejected for a particular reason?

I can as well also make up a reason why I was rejected during job search.

Moreover, the write-up is too riddled with assertions to draw pity
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Op let's look at your options; you have a good degree in Chemical Engineering, you have Process Safety Management Certification and you have IGC...yippee!

You have the the 3 most sought after pieces of paper, have you thought about searching for a small firm to start with.

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by realestniggah: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hassy4:

you can never find or be given any job if you type like this..Haba..when are you going to learn to stop abbreviating words stupidly

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by obataokenwa(m): 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
[secretsuccess [/quote] You're full of negativity in all your write ups here. Your problem is you want it big and if not big job, nothing else goes. Bro, keep certificate aside and be humble with little jobs to keep u busy. We all did bricklayer work after school when job was not forthcoming and we never for one day thought of suicide. With all the professional courses u have with u, your problem now is ego and pride to stoop low and look for daily pay while waiting for the major one. Two of my friends working in oil company as big boys today were all sent SMS to resume work from the site we were mixing cement as labourers. They had more professional certificate than u and are even married with kids but for one day we are full of joy and happiness. maybe your Dad call u lazy cos u can't do anything to feed or transport sef. Wake up and drive keke if possible. You need to see how we drag cement with and concrete during babo work. Humble your self and pretend like u never went to school and keep applying secretly. Humility is what u lack from my observation

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope For A Graduate by femi4: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:

thanks
E Joshua

Go and teach....all of you want to start from the top. It doesn't work like that. Get a good school and teach else you ll waste away

3 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by madjune(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
This problem is now systemic with Nigeria.

You can't change it. When I left school, i spent close to 6yrs before I got a modest job.

That was 75k momthly then.

2 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by taayourty(m): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:

thanks
E Joshua

send me a text 08022141489, I will help submit your cv.

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by hucienda: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess try go somewhere like the US for your masters - via graduate assistance, part or full scholarship and so on.

hassy4, you too. If it's possible for you, move to the US for same. With determination, focus and God's favour, you will not regret it.

The probability of succeeding there is better. Majority of skilled folks like you don cut out. Wish you the best in your career.

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Scholar8200(m): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:

thanks
E Joshua

It's always darkest before dawn.

2 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by tejpot(m): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=secretsuccess post=56981696]my name is joshua a chemical engineering graduate. it is so difficult to survive as a hardworking, honest and God fearing person here in Nigeria. After my NYSC i have been struggling from place to place, looking for opurtunities. i always shuttle from lagos to portharcourt...thinking that one day it will be well. i just discovered that it will never be well..

thanks
E Joshua

Please take note of sensible advice given to you on this platform and discard the senseless ones.

As I have keenly observed, much of your quest to getting a job is has been systemic and self gratifying. In itself, that is a plus because it has proven that you are not given to excuses and you are not a lazy person. As a christian, you will agree with me that 'by strength shall no man prevail'. Put that into consideration first.
Now you will have to really take a journey through the path of self discovery. The purpose is to discover yourself through Gods eye. You will have to ask the following questions
1. What do I want for myself?
2. What does God want from me?
3. What does God demand of me?
4. What is God's purpose for my life?

Your answers to the above questions will simplify the task of ahead of you to discover yourself. Take note that it is never too late to start such a journey. I can't promise you that the journey will be very short, but all I can say is, the journey time has reduced by you bringing the matter out on this platform.

I am not laying down a particular order of principles that you should operate by, that is in fact left for you to determine. But there is something which is common, God is ready to receive us at anytime when we realize how proud we have become and how far away we have been from Him. In addition, the harder the battle sometimes the sweeter the victory.

Go to the Lord in prayer, rediscover your Spirituality, understand God so he can understand you more readily, fast and pray in other to inflict the respect of humility, give to the poor as much as you can afford.

This principles are common to all those who sing the song of victory and I pray that in no time you will sing your own victory song

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Hope For A Graduate by adetes: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
May Almighty help us all, facing d same thing bro
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Benekruku:
I smell lies

Because you re Igbo and a Roman catholic?

How did u factually arrive at that conclusion?

You really dont deserve a job if u can run into conclusions like the way u just did

You will experience a thousand of what he has gone through then we will read your story here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Victorakats(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Challenges will surely come... But only the hopeful that will make it to the end!

To start with, you have a priceless skill.... WRITING

Not everyone will be patient enough to read a long article but I did that effortlessly and connected with your journey...

Consider polishing your writing skills

I for one is a petroleum engineer turned writer and so far... It has paid my bills.

Some of you may not like online businesses but that also has paid my bills..

I've made millions doing online businesses...

You can contact me on whatsapp on 0.9.0.9.3.3.5.2.0.0.3

Again... Work on monetizing your skills... Not your certificate.

That's the only way to overcome the challenge of not having a good job.

Yours Sincerely

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is GNLD/NEOLIFE Officially A Scam? / Assessment Test At Workforce / SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.