Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. (23919 Views)

Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan / Pia Mia vs Phyno; The True Story About The Controversial ‘i’m A Fan’ Song / American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by HARDDON: 1:10pm On May 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I knew the Nigerian had to be the problem

Smh @ ur magnanimous narrow mind

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 29, 2017
Very Incoherent write-up, someone didn't pay for remunerations and it's on his album....shioor, pull down syndrome...Otapiapia plagiarised phyno's song, Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 29, 2017
The Igbo osu albino actually stole the song! Chai

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by SalamRushdie: 1:28pm On May 29, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Fvcktard, guess they're the reason why your father disowned you...

Why are you pained I said the truth.? I know u are just frustrated you haven't seen anyone to cheat today ...Fuckïng dishonest bunch

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by kpaofame: 1:31pm On May 29, 2017
Very funny so The so called ''Remo'' is not aware that the song have been released for about a year now..

Waiting for official comment from Phyno team or PiaMia....Till then PiaMia is the thief grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why are you pained I said the truth.? I know u are just frustrated you haven't seen anyone to cheat today ...Fuckïng dishonest bunch

Eediot, go back to your masturbation
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by ultimatebas(m): 1:34pm On May 29, 2017
I am currently listening to the two songs and they sound very similar. I don't know who stole from who. But i certainly know there was THEFT involved.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by SalamRushdie: 1:36pm On May 29, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Eediot, go back to your masturbation

You are just a frustrated conman who hasn't seen anyone to cheat for days now .I know all of you , even your mum is not safe from your dishonesty
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 29, 2017
OP did Pia Mia send you.. are they paying you to defend her? maybe pia mia joined nairaland to use and clear her name lmao

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by airmark(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2017
This story may be true and phyno needs to make official stamement on this. Americans dont joke with stuffs like this. Pia mia and Remo may come for phyno soon. It's very rare for a known producer selling the same beat for two established artistes. This may ruin pia mia's career if they dont address it quickly.
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by seoxpert(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
leofab:
So who is lying ?
Na me, LOL

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by zcee: 2:01pm On May 29, 2017
Phyno own make sense pass her own sef

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by amarachi06(f): 2:01pm On May 29, 2017
chronique:
So in other words, Pia Mia actually owns the song and Phyno used it without proper clearance from the real owner. Or how do we explain having a song you got from someone else but couldn't reach an agreement on royalties and other stuffs, on your album? If anyone is to be sued here, it would be Phyno.

Loot at the way you believed him? Remo didn't say anything when Phyno recorded and made money but after Oyibo he come dey talk. That guy wants to twist our brain and trust Nigerians to believe him without second guessing him.
Pia Mia abi Akpa amu is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 29, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
Very Incoherent write-up, someone didn't pay for remunerations and it's on his album....shioor, pull down syndrome...Otapiapia plagiarised phyno's song, Lobatan.
Like you're all not pulling her down too. I by chance, the producer double-crossed Phyno, how then is that Pia Mia's fault?

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by RealAlfranco: 2:16pm On May 29, 2017
This is the biggest pile of thrash I've read this month. The excuses conjured up here has zero logic.
We all know how easy it is for Americans to sue for any slight infringement. And you think an American will stay quiet after you 'steal' his song?
From the nonsense written up here, Phyno's not the owner of the song but he had the sheer guts to not only release the song but also include it in his album. You think Phyno doesn't understand the technicalities and repercussions of stealing someone's property??

I remember a certain time when Eminem and 50 cent did a collabo - "Crack A Bottle". 50 cent wanted to include the song on his album but Eminem practically warned him not to. Why? It was Eminem's song. And 50 Cent didnt.
And for some reason, you're telling us Phyno included the song in his album after clearance and rights whatever were not agreed.

Bros, I say you Lie

There's only one thief and that's that Pia and her squad, and they should be sued!!

airmark:
This story may be true and phyno needs to make official stamement on this. Americans dont joke with stuffs like this. Pia mia and Remo may come for phyno soon. It's very rare for a known producer selling the same beat for two established artistes. This may ruin pia mia's career if they dont address it quickly.
Nobody will come after Phyno. He'll be the one to go after them for plagiarism or whatever they call this one.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by SouLPoison(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2017
Well who actually wrote the song ? Was remo aware of phyno using his property even after their deal broke down ? But still who owns the song? Shiii crazy
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2017
I knew it, na Nigerian artiste go steal that song.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by salford: 2:38pm On May 29, 2017
Nigerians be acting like agberos..lol
Did south koreans storm wizkid's pge when he stole se7en's tune for his holla at your boys track

modified: so there are words out that phyno actually stole the song grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Unimaginable123: 2:46pm On May 29, 2017
All this long story because oyibo girl steal black man song
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Unimaginable123: 2:47pm On May 29, 2017
airmark:
how can Pia Mia come for anybody. Na she get the song?
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by seoxpert(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2017
You all are confusing me lol. Who come get the song?

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by lankypinky: 3:37pm On May 29, 2017
nkemma54:
http://pulse.ng/buzz/phyno-pia-mia-the-true-story-about-the-controversial-i-m-a-fan-song-id6750672.html

The true story about the controversial ‘I’m a fan’ song

Did an American singer steal Phyno’s song which has been released in Nigeria? Here’s the full story about the record.

The entire Nigeria is up in arms about a perceived theft of Phyno’s song by an American singer named Pia Mia.

The record in quote is a song named ‘I’m a fan’ which was released by Phyno in 2016 as part of his “The Playmaker” album. Phyno’s version featured Mr Eazi, and another relative newcomer, Decarlo. The song which is an urban Carrribean fusion, has not been made a single by the Nigerian rapper, but it is one of the critically loved records on the project.

The song was produced by Benjamz.

On May 26, 2017, American singer and songwriter, Pia Mia, released a version of the song which featured singer Jeremih. The similarities between hers and Phyno were present from the start. Pia Mia employs the same song title (I’m a fan’), extremely similar production, chorus, and verse.

On basic inspection, they are the same song, but Pia Mia’s version was produced by Remo the Hitmaker.

The basic crowd mentality with singles in Nigeria is that whoever releases it first owns the song, and very other version is a copy. And that’s what’s been happening. Pia Mia has been dragged across Nigerian social media as a thief, with fans and music enthusiasts accusing her of blatant theft.

But here’s the story. Pia Mia did not steal any song. She didn’t take Phyno’s record, neither did she appropriate the music. The true story is way beyond her.

The story of ‘I’m a fan’ single began from Phyno, Jeremih and producer Remo. According to verified sources close to Phyno’s camp, the rapper was working on incorporating Island-ready production on his sophomore album to tap into the international market. He was in talks with Remo, who sent him the song to work with.

“The guy sent the song to us, and we wanted to work together, but something happened and we couldn’t use it,” our source tells Pulse.

Due to issues regarding remuneration, clearances and demands, Phyno and Remo did not work together. But Phyno liked the idea of the sound, so he sought the help of producer Benjamz, who reconstructed the single, and brought on Mr Eazi and Decarlo to collaborate and release the record.

Remo, who had totally abandoned the Phyno project, still has his music, and so when Pia Mia tapped him and Jeremih for a new record, they had this one ready-made for her to record and release.

These things are not uncommon. In 2014, Phyno’s ‘Authe’ record featuring Flavour, and DJ Spinall’s ‘Gba gbe’ featuring Burna Boy possessed similar melody and lyrics in the choruses. But it was also a recording misunderstanding which was never taken to court. Both Burna Boy and Flavour had worked on a song, which was never finished. So they supplied it to other people.

So Pia Mia, did not steal a Nigerian song. Phyno and Remo had a misunderstanding, and the music has been duplicated [by its real owner Remo]

Would any action be taken?

According to our source, no official communication has been passed between Phyno and his team, hence at the moment, there is no official response. Pia Mia has not responded too. The singer has chosen to focus on promoting her new single, which is receiving initial positive reviews.
What happened to your sense. So Phyno's Authe and Burna boy's gba GBE have same melody and lyrics in their choruses..... Hmmm.....Well I have no choice than to pray 4 u Receive sense b4 sunset....
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by salford: 3:46pm On May 29, 2017
kpaofame:
Very funny so The so called ''Remo'' is not aware that the song have been released for about a year now..

Waiting for official comment from Phyno team or PiaMia....Till then PiaMia is the thief grin grin grin grin
that is exactly what happened. Nigerians would plagiarize bollywood, hollywood, american songs, indian songs, korean songs e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by ddjay: 3:57pm On May 29, 2017
mcheeww, ds op is a learner,doesn't knw how to cover up at all
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Olibboy: 4:01pm On May 29, 2017
fvck haters. to hell with pple accused my baby girl "Pia Mia" How could mia pia copy our own boy phyno's song. always think twice before you make decision. who is more recognise between PHYNO and PIA MIA. sorry to haters.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Enykings(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2017
Wow! How come no one has figured that this could be a publicity stunt to promote the Pia girl artiste and her single? It is revealed in the write-up that there is a connection between Phyno and the girl. And Phyno is not out claiming infringement. This could very likely be a publicity stunt. After all no publicity is bad publicity.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Olibboy: 4:04pm On May 29, 2017
I had the same thought before he posted dis. Burma Boy sounds
like:
See this girl she finer
She carry round and round she winer
Everythin she wear designer
She carry round and round she winer
I ma na nwata bu Authe, o bu Authe, O bu Authe…ahhh
Nwata bu Authe, o bu Authe, O bu Authe….ahhhh..
Re: The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. by Olibboy: 4:06pm On May 29, 2017
SMH! Phyno was looking for international recognition. Do you think it's easy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Turns Rapper On Master Kraft New Song Tagged "Yapa" Ft Reekadobank & Cdq / Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert / 7 Women Working Behind The Scenes, Contributing To The Growth Of Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.