Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (323723 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 10:11am On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:

The shell recruitment is strictly based on merit. this is not your regular government agency

And you received one? This is exactly what am saying. With your statement, you lack working ethics and you want me to believe you received one by merit.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 10:25am On Jun 30, 2017
And who told you all that SRD have started? The whole thing could take 5+ weeks. Besides, the one who gave his screenshot took his account down. Did you ever asked why? Fake accounts everywhere!
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by TheSCRYPT: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Okay, I didn't apply but my sister did. If you believe all these are by merit, can you tell me why they ask a question of you or any member of your family been a government official or not?

You are so ignorant, yet you make so much noise. This is really depressing. sad

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Emmykool417: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2017
TheSCRYPT:

Everyone is free to make his/her observations,whether they are right or wrong since it's a social forum.However if u feel you know better, correct the person,instead of making derogatory and sweeping comments about the person's grasp of the subject matter. On a lighter note it's fun to see this dead group convulsed to life by literary muscle-flexing. grin

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2017
TheSCRYPT:

Do you actually know what is ignorant and noise? Define it for yourself then you can come back and quote me. You will soon be frustrated and not only depressed. Selfish beings every where. Always ready to eat from others but you will never eat from them. Do something that internet would remember you when you are gone not that thrash you have up there. cool
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by MakTaj: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Just got served my share of the love cake. I take a bow at this point. Wish all still expectant the best!
Applied on the 10th and got served 30th.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by TheSCRYPT: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Do you actually know what is ignorant and noise? Define it for yourself then you can come back and quote me. You will soon be frustrated and not only depressed. Selfish beings every where. Always ready to eat from others but you will never eat from them. Do something that internet would remember you when you are gone not that thrash you have up there. cool

Aha! A frustrated one. I am so sorry my dear, I didn't cause your problems. I will pass. Enjoy your ignorance sweetheart.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2017
LexMacquin:

Wrong move!! I repeat, Wrong move!! The world owes you nothing, It goes to show the value a whole lot of nigerian youths place on time.

I understand the anxiety and all, however there's a whole lot more engaging things to do with ones time pending when emails are sent.

A good friend of mine who's very sound academically and was quite confident about his video interview just got a regret mail a few days after he sent the HR a mail seeking his result, (oh well! He got a result!).

All i'm saying is that we exercise patience, do other meaningful things with your time. What is yours is yours, so have no fear. #Shallom

You made some sense on the issue twitter but the issue of saying your friend received regret mail because he mailed them is not true, he probably didn't do well in his assessment. One problem we have in this country is that we always allow fear to becloud our thought; fear of the unknown. I remember some years back on nairaland when people complained bitterly about a company's recruitment process but nobody contacted the company about the issue. However, I took it on my own to contact the company detailing all the issue complained and the ones I met writing the exam and the issue they encountered, I also suggested to the company to conduct a fresh exam for the applicants as what their applicants witnessed does not speak well of their company which they complied.
I have applied in a country for a programme but after scoring very high more than most people that were given admission, I wasn't given. I sent a mail to the school to find out why and I was told I scored very well but they can't see why I was not given, they suggested that I should contact the prof that interviewed me which I did and I got the gist. If I hadn't contacted them or someone else didn't contact them, they would not realize that they are getting it wrong.

So bro, always ask questions if you want to get to your destination otherwise others will take you to their destination.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2017
TheSCRYPT:

Aha! A frustrated one. I am so sorry my dear, I didn't cause your problems. I will pass. Enjoy your ignorance sweetheart.

Cry me a river. Take a good look at that moniker and don't make the mistake of quoting me when your IQ is low cos you would be flushed where you belong. You received success mail on merit yet you can't read and assimilate.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Cupidkc(m): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:

The shell recruitment is strictly based on merit. this is not your regular government agency

Merit you say I laugh.
Nothing is 100% efficient, so don't expect Shell to be. The anxiety in here is expected, though the permutations and combinations are just too much. Let's just relax and expect a positive response from Shell.
Happy weekend to you all.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by 1stPolymath(m): 11:35am On Jun 30, 2017
i partially read through this thread, i see misplaced agitation almost everywhere, such people need to caution themselves. Firstly, shell hasn't invited anybody from the 2017 recruitment for any SRD, as a matter of fact, nobody has been sent any success mail. When success mails start rolling in i'm sure we'll all know that same day, i.e. if u look out for the right info and not just anything u see online. the galaseller posted a fake letter, that's nothing like shell's letter, it looks unprofessional, which company gives a closing remark with cheers? definitely not an Intl company. At least we've all received mails from them b4.

Those agitating for their mails, is it not obvious that the only mails being sent out now are regret mails? seems u want one. y do u have to mail them asking for ur letter when it's not as if every other person have gotten theirs except u, or even post anything on twitter, that's really funny. If u've not received any mail, u ought to be grateful and not trying to jeopardize ur chance. If u've applied to shell b4 u shld knw that it's a norm, considering the population of people applying and their scrupulous assessment processes. We can't tell them how to run their recruitment process, they must have a plan in place. So just take some chill pills and channel your energy in the right direction.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ayusco85(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2017
PastorAji:
hmmm but at least let's know our fate

That is one of the big issues I have with recruiters/recruitment process.

If the person desn't qualify, let him/her know

The era of hanging prospective candidates in the air SHOULD STOP

If you can't wait go and open ur company. Their company, their rules. If u don't ve the patience, Den withdraw Ur application.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by zakir007(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

And you received one? This is exactly what am saying. With your statement, you lack working ethics and you want me to believe you received one by merit.
lady calm down. you don't even know me so how did you get to the conclusion that I lack work ethics? I only said the recruitment is based on merit so why the harsh remark?

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Majir: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2017
1stPolymath:
i partially read through this thread, i see misplaced agitation almost everywhere, such people need to caution themselves. Firstly, shell hasn't invited anybody from the 2017 recruitment for any SRD, as a matter of fact, nobody has been sent any success mail. When success mails start rolling in i'm sure we'll all know that same day, i.e. if u look out for the right info and not just anything u see online. the galaseller posted a fake letter, that's nothing like shell's letter, it looks unprofessional, which company gives a closing remark with cheers? definitely not an Intl company. At least we've all received mails from them b4.

Those agitating for their mails, is it not obvious that the only mails being sent out now are regret mails? seems u want one. y do u have to mail them asking for ur letter when it's not as if every other person have gotten theirs except u, or even post anything on twitter, that's really funny. If u've not received any mail, u ought to be grateful and not trying to jeopardize ur chance. If u've applied to shell b4 u shld knw that it's a norm, considering the population of people applying and their scrupulous assessment processes. We can't tell them how to run their recruitment process, they must have a plan in place. So just take some chill pills and channel your energy in the right direction.

How sure are you that no one has been invited to for the stage 2? They said it's first come first serve and application is on a rolling basis. There is a possibility that those who get invited to stage 2 can pass the assessment and get an offer there by making the role filled up.
Atkeast that's my own understanding of first come first serve.
This new pattern of recruitment and assesment was used in Shell Australia. While some were still trying to do their on Demand video others have already proceeded to the next stage (case study).
So anything is possible my brother.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by zakir007(m): 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

and I never told you I received anything.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by PastorAji(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
ayusco85:

If you can't wait go and open ur company. Their company, their rules. If u don't ve the patience, Den withdraw Ur application.

you need this

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:

and I never told you I received anything.

And I never said you received anything.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by 1stPolymath(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
did shell say anything about first come first serve? or we, the applicants just chose to assume that for ourselves. They set a deadline with a 2-week application window, i don't think they said u will stand a greater chance if u submit yours early. Afterall, some of those who submitted theirs first got served the love letter even before the application deadline.. so much for first come first serve. I don't believe it depends on how early, i rather believe it's how well u did the test and interview and how dope ur application is.

Besides, who are these people that have proceeded to the next stage? Until anybody shows me at least one, i stand to be corrected.
Majir:

How sure are you that no one has been invited to for the stage 2? They said it's first come first serve and application is on a rolling basis. There is a possibility that those who get invited to stage 2 can pass the assessment and get an offer there by making the role filled up.
This new pattern of recruitment and assesment was used in Shell Australia. While some were still trying to do their on Demand video others have already proceeded to the next stage (case study).

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by zakir007(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
grin lol
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ayusco85(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
PastorAji:

you need this

Just like stout, the truth is bitter
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:
lady calm down. you don't even know me so how did you get to the conclusion that I lack work ethics? I only said the recruitment is based on merit so why the harsh remark?

Do you want to tell me you don't understand the meaning of this statement **this is not your regular government agency** if you tell your boss that, he will sack you straight because you were directly insulting him. Make the right sentence ** this is not the regular government agency**

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by zakir007(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Do you want to tell me you don't understand the meaning of this statement **this is not your regular government agency** if you tell your boss that, he will sack you straight because you were directly insulting him. Make the right sentence ** this is not the regular government agency**
I'm sorry you feel slighted by this harmless statement. I've taken correction
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

You made some sense on the issue twitter but the issue of saying your friend received regret mail because he mailed them is not true, he probably didn't do well in his assessment. One problem we have in this country is that we always allow fear to becloud our thought; fear of the unknown. I remember some years back on nairaland when people complained bitterly about a company's recruitment process but nobody contacted the company about the issue. However, I took it on my own to contact the company detailing all the issue complained and the ones I met writing the exam and the issue they encountered, I also suggested to the company to conduct a fresh exam for the applicants as what their applicants witnessed does not speak well of their company which they complied.
I have applied in a country for a programme but after scoring very high more than most people that were given admission, I wasn't given. I sent a mail to the school to find out why and I was told I scored very well but they can't see why I was not given, they suggested that I should contact the prof that interviewed me which I did and I got the gist. If I hadn't contacted them or someone else didn't contact them, they would not realize that they are getting it wrong.

So bro, always ask questions if you want to get to your destination otherwise others will take you to their destination.

I've read most (if not all) of your comments on this thread, you seem very exposed & enlightened (in an unusually uptight way though, Lol!)
All the same you spoke quite intelligently, and i'm indeed grateful for the advice. Thanks a lot.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jayloms: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
Majir:

Finally! Somebody who has an understanding of the "first come first serve" clause. --- I thought I had lost my comprehension abilities when I argued about this earlier on in this thread.

And did i hear people discussing SRD For the love of God! am i d only one who read about the new recruitment process on their website

Well Goodluck to those in the race!

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:

I'm sorry you feel slighted by this harmless statement. I've taken correction

No problem bro. I am not hurt either, this is mavinc4u for you. Just need to get those supposed success mail receiver to talk. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by 1stPolymath(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Exactly, that's another thing, there's no SRD this year. they said "To make the interview process more convenient and comfortable, we are leveraging the latest digital technology to bring the experience to you – wherever you may be" and from their explanation of the stage 2, it's different from SRD
jayloms:

Finally! Somebody who has an understanding of the "first come first serve" clause. --- I thought I had lost my comprehension abilities when I argued about this earlier on in this thread.

And did i hear people discussing SRD For the love of God! am i d only one who read about the new recruitment process on their website

Well Goodluck to those in the race!

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

No problem bro. I am not hurt either, this is mavinc4u for you. Just need to get those supposed success mail receiver to talk. Peace.

Aswear!!....to kidnap you now dey hungry me

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Drnice post=57980407]And who told you all that SRD have started? The whole thing could take 5+ weeks. Besides, the one who gave his screenshot took his account down. Did you ever asked why? Fake accounts everywhere![/quote]. Don't be too sure... prolly because of unecessary PMS. #FACT#- from the posts on this thread, many of you on here will be "regretted". 2nd stage interviews are on going already if you like believe that,if you like don't. It changes nothing neither will it add to shell's profit. For those saying it's no SRD, yes, it isn't named SRD but the process is more like that of the previous SRD but not sure if there will be any team activity. If you have not got a regret, you should be happy for yourself even if you dont make it later to a second stage. Why? You were able to pass the robot and perhaps got your application reviewed by a human considering the number of applicants. Be open and don't let your feelings and sentiments hinder quality thoughts process.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by LxgIncrediboy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
zakir007:
grin lol

Baba I see you served in Abj n studied in BUK shocked
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
PastorAji:
hmmm but at least let's know our fate

That is one of the big issues I have with recruiters/recruitment process.

If the person desn't qualify, let him/her know

The era of hanging prospective candidates in the air SHOULD STOP
it's always good that prospective employees get familiar with the industry and company they are applying to. Presently, getting a job in the oil industry requires a lot of patience given the present market regime. There are several multinationals whose recruitment are even over a year already. That said, talents are not scarce in Nigeria especially entry level. A reason many employers delay. I will advise you get busy with other things. This industry employers break heart even after a long wait. All the best!
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Shams101: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Just got served too. I completed all assessment on the 10th. I didn't even know I would last this long coz I applied for roles that are not available during this recruitment.
Thank God I can finally have my sanity back, I don't have to keep refreshing my mail every now and then.
Wishing other hopefuls success.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chigo4flow(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
1stPolymath:

You make a whole lot of sense bro. I don't know why people are just panicking for no good reason. it is obvious that the only letter that is still being circulated now are still Regret letter. One thing i know for sure is that there is no one that will get a promotional letter that will not be happy to share the it. Just my own piece of thought...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (85) (Reply)

N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.