Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

When You Eventually Get That Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Eventually Get That Dream Job (19688 Views)

While Waiting For That Dream Job, Why Not Try Telecom Biz / You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now / Lets Build Your CV For You to get that dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 30, 2017
When you eventually get that dream job:

1. Don't tell the world:

Don't start broadcasting it "upandan" because you do not know who wants you to rise or who wants your downfall. people enjoy pulling people down in Nigeria. They enjoy to see you sad, lack and beg. Witches, wizards and wicked people everywhere! Ride the success quietly and keep your mouth shut. Tell only your closest and trusted family members and friends.

2. Don't get involved in office politics:

Don't join them in office politics. don't gossip about any of your colleagues or your boss. Don't join any gossip group. Don't try to do or show any "eye service" in the presence of your boss. Don't show your colleagues in any way, that you're better off. They can play that politics on you, set u up and get you sacked.
Just do your job diligently, mind your own business, be lively, hardworking and work conscientiously.
Don't over do, respect your colleagues.....including the cleaners and drivers.
Don't ever under estimate or look down on anyone in lower position.

3. Don't live extravagantly:

Don't start living large because you earn well. Buying all sorts of expensive things like flashy cars, expensive cloths and shoes, living in an expensive apartment......especially when you're still single.
Showing off and "denge posing" upandan! undecided
Dress simple(not expensive) and clean.
Use the company bus instead. But if u must buy a car, then buy a simple car(not expensive)......"so they will not chuk eye on your bodi" cheesy

4. Save and Invest:

Cultivate the habit of saving and investing. Open an account that will enable you save for the next 5 years without withdrawing. Invest in real estate.
Buy land "plenty". It appreciates over time, not like car that depreciates. You would be surprised how much it will cost in the next 5/10 years.
Build houses for lease and rent. Invest in treasury bills. Gone are the days when we invest on shares......I don't even know what is happening to this aspect of the economy for now, so I won't advice this.
Invest in agriculture......build a poultry, fish pond, etc

5. Don't show off or taunt people:

Don't Brag or taunt anybody with your success.
A TV personality "joy isi bewaji", once wrote:

"For the black man, it is not just money and success.......it is the delight in humiliating another black man.

A black man doesn't want to be successful if it will not allow him show off. We can't comprehend quiet success. It has to be boisterous, vain and condescending to others.

One step from point A to point B, the black man looks around to see who he can taunt with success".

Now I guess this is where they coined out: "pepper dem gang"! cheesy

6. Pay your tithe and be charitable:

Don't fail to pay your tithe and don't stop helping people, especially the poor and the less privileged around you.
Help your brothers and sisters in need, practise charity. Give to the poor, help the needy. Though be very careful, because some wicked people can use it diabolically against you!
Watch keenly who you give your money to........"ki wọn ma lọ fi owo e si inu igba aiye (make dem no go put your money inside diabolic calabash) cheesy
Your enemy wee just be surprised how he spends anyhow and how money vanishes! Abracadabra grin
Infact, I'm still skeptical about being a victim of this cry but God pass them smiley

7. Finally, live a responsible life.

Get involved in a "healthy" relationship and settle down(get married), have kids. Set up a business for your wife....if she's not the working class type. Though I will advice you marry someone working, but love should matter more. If she's not working and you have the means......set up a good business for her.
Don't go clubbing always. Don't go drinking, smoking and womanising. Respect your wife, your home and protect the sanctity of your marriage.
I am not against drinking and hanging out with friends once a while, but do it with sense........the same friends you drink with, will desert you when you fall.
Don't drink and drive. Drive safely, to save your life and the lives of other road users. Don't drink to get drunk. Save your life for those who love you and need you in their lives!

#live responsibly
#Eat well
#Work out
#Burn fat
#Play
#Reduce calories
#Love God
#Love your neighbour as "you love yourself"
#be at peace with everybody

NB: Even the "undream" job sef nor dey gree come again, let alone the dream one grin grin

176 Likes 36 Shares

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by dingbang(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by alukstea(m): 2:48pm On May 30, 2017
I'd adhere to this and many more when the Job comes

11 Likes

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Joy83(m): 4:59pm On May 30, 2017
Interesting...
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Caseless: 5:22pm On May 30, 2017
I can relate.

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Cleodenile(f): 5:54pm On May 30, 2017
Awesome post bro, dis should be on FP.

4 Likes

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by hardlychase: 5:54pm On May 30, 2017
Nice one..i'll do all of these when the job comes. Thanks!
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Akalia(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2017
Numbers (1) & (3) are my most likely achilles heels; must avoid them like plague. Nice write up OP.

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by rossyc(f): 6:06pm On May 30, 2017
Nice writeup..
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by addictedwriter(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2017
Nice write up Op.....A black man is not successful until he has oppressed another fellow...Insane mentality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
Most importantly, start preparing to be your own boss.

You can get sacked any freagging time.

14 Likes

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by VickyRotex(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
cheesy cheesy Funny, but Nice write up. cool cool cool cool
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by beautiful232(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
this is nice..Thanks man
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by ekems2017(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
Just what's in my mind. Good talk.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by ekensi01: 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
Make i just talk say 'till then'.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by bikerboy1(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
grin I only missed one in my own case. But it's alright.

Nice write-up

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by soberdrunk(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2017
That lady in the picture at the end of the writeup looks like the person that will give me my "dream job" angry

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Suko110(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2017
Very useful tip , totally in point @OP
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by theozobby(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2017
wise words
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Pavore9: 7:16pm On May 30, 2017
"For the black man, it is not just money and success.......it is the delight in humiliating another black man"...... Sadly true!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by seunny4lif(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
I can't relate to anyone angry
I no get job since
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by emmy02(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
Pay tithe? Where the fvck is that in the new testament?

By the way why are Nigerians always bringing up religious stuffs into basic logical things sef

13 Likes

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by timilehing(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
undecided
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Matherson(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
Hmm, nice though... What of me that started lecturing in a university at age 23years, I still find time to flex and enjoy wella ooo
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by GavelSlam: 7:18pm On May 30, 2017
Number 6...smh.

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by ewatomi424(f): 7:18pm On May 30, 2017
Weldon sir
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 30, 2017
This is just childish...how did this end up on FP?
Really; witches and wizards, tithes, for real, Op?

6 Likes

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Destined2win: 7:18pm On May 30, 2017
Hmm. Nice Post.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by generaluthman: 7:20pm On May 30, 2017
Tell them
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Tpave(m): 7:20pm On May 30, 2017
Nice one dude
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by whitering: 7:21pm On May 30, 2017
uncorrelated with Op heading.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by jashar(f): 7:23pm On May 30, 2017
Words to live by....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step-by-Step CV Writing for Entry Level (samples included) / Npower-tax Assessment Tests Will Continue. / N-power Speaks On Beneficiaries Absorption Into Nigeria Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.