Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

When You Eventually Get That Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Eventually Get That Dream Job (19697 Views)

While Waiting For That Dream Job, Why Not Try Telecom Biz / You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now / Lets Build Your CV For You to get that dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by rofanx13: 7:24pm On May 30, 2017
You nailed it!!!
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by majorbravo: 7:25pm On May 30, 2017
austinosita:

1. Don't tell the world:

2. Don't get involved in office politics:

3. Don't live extravagantly:

4. Save and Invest:

5. Don't show off or taunt people:

6. Pay your tithe and be charitable:

7. Finally, live a responsible life.

Well tbh, I don't exactly agree with half of your list. This is the sort of advice that would have worked in the 1960s for the Baby boomer generation. We are currently in generation Z and things are done differently around the world now.

MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POINTS

1. My response: TELL THE SMART WORLD. I say tell the world, but tell the smart world. Anyone who clearly isn't happy with your growth in life is not worthy to sit 10 meters from you. You don't intend to hide every detail of your life forever, it would limit your growth. How do you network and find bigger jobs in the future if you have to hide your career life? Don't be ashamed of your success, you have earned it. I have always told anyone who cares to listen, Anyone in your life who you constantly have to hide your successes from due to fear of their envy is not (and would never be) worthy to be your friend.

2. My response: GET INVOLVED IN OFFICE POLITICS. As a matter of fact in current day, you should get involved in Office Politics if you want to bond with the older workers. If you don't, they are most likely to see you as a potential snitch or a coward they can kick around. The advice you should have given again is, Move Smartly. Choose your sides wisely or maintain an air of co-operation, however be sharp enough to know when to pull away at the right time.

3. My response: LIVE SMARTLY. Asking people not to live an extravagant life is a bit vague as it is relative and can't really be substantiated what extravagance is really too much. It's like asking Davido not to live the way he does, living that way is part of his publicity for him to demand more money when he is called for shows, same goes for Floyd money mayweather, he charges really high for an advertorial. Therefore asking people to live below their means is mostly pessimistic advice as this would be asking people to live a lie. Even though (I believe) your intentions are good, the title doesn't do it any justice.What you should have written is 'Live smartly'. It doesn't matter how you live but how your living makes you act. As long as you remain nice to people, I dont think anyone would have a problem with your new life except of course envious people (see what you do to them in my response number 1). If you make 20 million a month and live in Ajegunle, you would have to constantly deal with touts, so if you move to an area that befits your current lifestyle, Ajegunle folks might accuse you of being a show off. However, the folks in the new location would not classify your move as a show off, if you don't move you may never overcome certain boundaries in life, you have to bear in mind that there would always be those who think you are a show off even when you are just living your normal life. It depends on the people you have relationships with and their backgrounds or mindsets. Tboss from BBN was thought to be a show off because she was in a house full of people who weren't used to her lifestyle, it doesn't make her a show off, she was only on the wrong show or environment. However, keep in mind, You will never grow in life if you hide your talents like a lamp under a bushel. If you must work for anyone, work only for or with people who are happy about your growth and happiness. Or be your own boss. Trust me, no matter how much you take home every month, you will never be happy or fulfilled if you have to cover up every happy moment in your life just so your boss and your friends could be pleased.

4. My response: INVEST IN YOURSELF. You gave good advice however, life isn't guaranteed. You know what they say: Life is short. I would say purchase utilities rather than spending on mundane stuff that doesnt improve you. So technically, I'm saying invest in yourself would be the way to go. Go to the gym, eat healthy(believe me life can do a number on ya if you are found lacking in this department), read more about your career, attend exhibitions and conferences that would build your personality. You want to be your own boss someday. Find out what resources are available in your company that you can use in developing yourself in preparation for that day when you have to leave and do your thing. So, bottom line, you can spend money anyway you want but spend it on things that make your job and life balance easier. If you go save all your money and not invest in developing yourself. You would end up at 60 with 10 plots of land but having to treat a life threatening ailment or missing out on a promotion or better position at another job elsewhere due to your lack of professional development over the years.

5. My response: LIVE YOUR LIFE AND CARE LESS ABOUT HATERS.
I agree not to taunt people, but the point you made is not totally exclusive to having a job. Many people are ill-willed from birth, such people wouldn't necessarily change because they got a job. I don't exactly understand what you could possibly show off in this case that someone somewhere doesn't already have. See my response to number 3 above.

6. My response: BE CHARITABLE IN FINANCE BUT MORE IN INTELLECT SHARING. Good advice, be charitable to those who need help. Even if you dont have a sh*t load of money, advice from an experienced fellow is golden to a newbie. The world would be a better place if more actually successful people than scammers were out and about, giving free advice to our youth.

My response: Yes live responsibly and your chances of eventually dying responsibly is a possibility. Good advice.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by holluphemydavid(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2017
Dis is so nice
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Respect55(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2017
Until I see the job first
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Abudu2000(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
Don't start carrying slay qweens upandan

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by danemenike: 7:39pm On May 30, 2017
Good
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by dammysel(f): 7:44pm On May 30, 2017
austinosita:
When you eventually get that dream job:

1. Don't tell the world:

Don't start broadcasting it "upandan" because you do not know who wants you to rise or who wants your downfall. people enjoy pulling people down in Nigeria. They enjoy to see you sad, lack and beg. Witches, wizards and wicked people everywhere! Ride the success quietly and keep your mouth shut. Tell only your closest and trusted family members and friends.

Don't join them in office politics. don't gossip about any of your colleagues or your boss. Don't join any gossip group. Don't try to do or show any "eye service" in the presence of your boss. Don't show your colleagues in any way, that you're better off. They can play that politics on you, set u up and get you sacked.
Just do your job diligently, mind your own business, be lively, hardworking and work conscientiously.
Don't over do, respect your colleagues.....including the cleaners and drivers.
Don't ever under estimate or look down on anyone in lower position.

Don't start living large because you earn well. Buying all sorts of expensive things like flashy cars, expensive cloths and shoes, living in an expensive apartment......especially when you're still single.
Showing off and "denge posing" upandan! undecided
Dress simple(not expensive) and clean.
Use the company bus instead. But if u must buy a car, then buy a simple car(not expensive)......"so they will not chuk eye on your bodi" cheesy

4. Save and Invest:

Cultivate the habit of saving and investing. Open an account that will enable you save for the next 5 years without withdrawing. Invest in real estate.
Buy land "plenty". It appreciates over time, not like car that depreciates. You would be surprised how much it will cost in the next 5/10 years.
Build houses for lease and rent. Invest in treasury bills. Gone are the days when we invest on shares......I don't even know what is happening to this aspect of the economy for now, so I won't advice this.
Invest in agriculture......build a poultry, fish pond, etc

Don't Brag or taunt anybody with your success.
A TV personality "joy isi bewaji", once wrote:

"For the black man, it is not just money and success.......it is the delight in humiliating another black man.

A black man doesn't want to be successful if it will not allow him show off. We can't comprehend quiet success. It has to be boisterous, vain and condescending to others.

One step from point A to point B, the black man looks around to see who he can taunt with success".

Now I guess this is where they coined out: "pepper dem gang"! cheesy

Don't fail to pay your tithe and don't stop helping people, especially the poor and the less privileged around you.
Help your brothers and sisters in need, practise charity. Give to the poor, help the needy. Though be very careful, because some wicked people can use it diabolically against you!
Watch keenly who you give your money to........"ki wọn ma lọ fi owo e si inu igba aiye (make dem no go put your money inside diabolic calabash) cheesy
Your enemy wee just be surprised how he spends anyhow and how money vanishes! Abracadabra grin
Infact, I'm still skeptical about being a victim of this cry but God pass them smiley

Get involved in a "healthy" relationship and settle down(get married), have kids. Set up a business for your wife....if she's not the working class type. Though I will advice you marry someone working, but love should matter more. If she's not working and you have the means......set up a good business for her.
Don't go clubbing always. Don't go drinking, smoking and womanising. Respect your wife, your home and protect the sanctity of your marriage.
I am not against drinking and hanging out with friends once a while, but do it with sense........the same friends you drink with, will desert you when you fall.
Don't drink and drive. Drive safely, to save your life and the lives of other road users. Don't drink to get drunk. Save your life for those who love you and need you in their lives!

#live responsibly
#Eat well
#Work out
#Burn fat
#Play
#Reduce calories
#Love God
#Love your neighbour as "you love yourself"
#be at peace with everybody

NB: Even the "undream" job sef nor dey gree come again, let alone the dream one grin grin

God bless you

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Angelovic96: 7:48pm On May 30, 2017
this is the best and most enjoying text I have ever read in Nairaland Kudos to op" u HV actually lifted someone's soul"
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Iyou: 7:54pm On May 30, 2017
When I get the job(Immigration),I Will observe all of these............Nice one
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 30, 2017
Really smart post,may God help us all in our quests to acquire more sense and smartness.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Waspy(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2017
austinosita:

"For the black man, it is not just money and success.......it is the delight in humiliating another black man.

A black man doesn't want to be successful if it will not allow him show off. We can't comprehend quiet success. It has to be boisterous, vain and condescending to others.

One step from point A to point B, the black man looks around to see who he can taunt with success".

This right here, is the undoing of the Black race
Only wish you can copyright this very piece..... If it's actually your intellectual property
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by danjaD(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2017
Number 1 I 100percent agree
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 30, 2017
austinosita:
Tell only your closest and trusted family members and friends.

looks like you haven't seen friends who don't want you to be more successful than they are.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

looks like you haven't seen friends who don't want you to be more successful than they are.

Yes I know, that's why the "trusted" is there! And trust is built over the years
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by majorbravo: 8:16pm On May 30, 2017
Waspy:

This right here, is the undoing of the Black race
Only wish you can copyright this very piece..... If it's actually your intellectual property

Some of the churches in Nigeria need to be more accountable for the sermons they preach to our brethen. Most people in Nigeria live their lives believing they have a score to settle with the devil and everyone around them. So they take the slightest opportunity to put someone else down very seriously that they have coined nationally acclaimed phrases like : I pass my neighbour, My case is different, Borrow pose, Pepper dem gang, Who you epp and many others. This is insidious to say the least, as these people aren't fully aware of the impression they are leaving on the upcoming generation.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Ojugunrege(f): 8:19pm On May 30, 2017
made sense....until it got to no. 7 ...

settle a business for your wife...while that is a noble thing to do...it already had some fundamental flawed assumption....

OP u already assumed that only a man can get a job undecided

ladies that go to school cannot get jobs and all they just need is someone to marry them

and open a business for them....

like seriously?

I take my leave cry

1 Like

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by rxgodwin(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2017
Tuale baba... Noted.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by guiddoti: 8:37pm On May 30, 2017
Unfortunately, black man will act opposite.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by FEROH: 8:40pm On May 30, 2017
WOW!!! That's a good one. Thanks
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Pascal181: 8:41pm On May 30, 2017
I so much love dis post.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by makinson2865: 8:55pm On May 30, 2017
U really make sense bro.u deserve kudos
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by samwash(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2017
@Op a very good write up, all did tins are not hard to practice it takes commitment.
savings should be a culture which should b practice, its not all abt earning big or been in d dream job b4 u can save. Don't eat all ur earnings, save little, dat little will go a long way in times of need.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by ademega(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2017
You just fleshed up one of my old write ups.. Nice addition thou
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 30, 2017
I got a Pr job to promote an ARTISTE....last year December 31st I shared the testimony in church on Jan 1....till now the ARTISTE is yet to feed.me.back ...
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by lereinter(m): 9:14pm On May 30, 2017
every job is a part time
do good always

Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 30, 2017
Wow! So lovely
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Chiefia(m): 9:33pm On May 30, 2017
Dear OP...
May God increase your knowledge.
AMEN.
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by joekine: 10:31pm On May 30, 2017
austinosita:

1. Don't tell the world:

Don't start broadcasting it "upandan" because you do not know who wants you to rise or who wants your downfall. people enjoy pulling people down in Nigeria. They enjoy to see you sad, lack and beg. Witches, wizards and wicked people everywhere! Ride the success quietly and keep your mouth shut. Tell only your closest and trusted family members and friends. Correct

Don't join them in office politics. don't gossip about any of your colleagues or your boss. Don't join any gossip group. Don't try to do or show any "eye service" in the presence of your boss. Don't show your colleagues in any way, that you're better off. They can play that politics on you, set u up and get you sacked.
Just do your job diligently, mind your own business, be lively, hardworking and work conscientiously.
Don't over do, respect your colleagues.....including the cleaners and drivers.
Don't ever under estimate or look down on anyone in lower position.

Don't start living large because you earn well. Buying all sorts of expensive things like flashy cars, expensive cloths and shoes, living in an expensive apartment......especially when you're still single.
Showing off and "denge posing" upandan! undecided
Dress simple(not expensive) and clean.
Use the company bus instead. But if u must buy a car, then buy a simple car(not expensive)......"so they will not chuk eye on your bodi" cheesy

4. Save and Invest:

Cultivate the habit of saving and investing. Open an account that will enable you save for the next 5 years without withdrawing. Invest in real estate.
Buy land "plenty". It appreciates over time, not like car that depreciates. You would be surprised how much it will cost in the next 5/10 years.
Build houses for lease and rent. Invest in treasury bills. Gone are the days when we invest on shares......I don't even know what is happening to this aspect of the economy for now, so I won't advice this.
Invest in agriculture......build a poultry, fish pond, etc

Don't fail to pay your tithe and don't stop helping people, especially the poor and the less privileged around you.
Help your brothers and sisters in need, practise charity. Give to the poor, help the needy. Though be very careful, because some wicked people can use it diabolically against you!
Watch keenly who you give your money to........"ki wọn ma lọ fi owo e si inu igba aiye (make dem no go put your money inside diabolic calabash) cheesy
Your enemy wee just be surprised how he spends anyhow and how money vanishes! Abracadabra grin
Infact, I'm still skeptical about being a victim of this cry but God pass them smiley

Get involved in a "healthy" relationship and settle down(get married), have kids. Set up a business for your wife....if she's not the working class type. Though I will advice you marry someone working, but love should matter more. If she's not working and you have the means......set up a good business for her.
Don't go clubbing always. Don't go drinking, smoking and womanising. Respect your wife, your home and protect the sanctity of your marriage.
I am not against drinking and hanging out with friends once a while, but do it with sense........the same friends you drink with, will desert you when you fall.
Don't drink and drive. Drive safely, to save your life and the lives of other road users. Don't drink to get drunk. Save your life for those who love you and need you in their lives!

#live responsibly
#Eat well
#Work out
#Burn fat
#Play
#Reduce calories
#Love God
#Love your neighbour as "you love yourself"
#be at peace with everybody

NB: Even the "undream" job sef nor dey gree come again, let alone the dream one grin grin
correct
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nakuza(m): 11:20pm On May 30, 2017
Perfect
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 2:53am On May 31, 2017
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by Nobody: 3:04am On May 31, 2017
Re: When You Eventually Get That Dream Job by mylove4God(f): 6:48am On May 31, 2017
Let the job come first, then I will know what to observe or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Foundaries Limited / How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate / Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.