Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South (41846 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Detail Updates Of My Ginger Farm Project In Southern Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Muktar111(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2017
emmbet:
Hi Agathabishen, what a nice thread.
I did sesame seeds cultivation last year but the yield was not so good. I am considering the ginger this year.

Pls can you give a breakdown of ginger cultivation process from planting to harvesting?
Like when to apply fertilizer and type of fertilizer, when to feed and other relevant information to ensure optimum yield.
And the best time to harvest.
Also the pesticides/insecticides to use and when to apply them.
Thanks

Do you mind sharing some info on your sesame seed farm? Where was the farm located, how much you spent, what was the yield, and how big was the farm? Cheers
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by emmbet: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
Muktar111:

Do you mind sharing some info on your sesame seed farm? Where was the farm located, how much you spent, what was the yield, and how big was the farm? Cheers

It was a 16 hectare plantation but outside Nigeria in Burkina Faso.
My main business is export of agric products but last year I decided to go into cultivation and leased the farm land in Burkina Faso.
As for the cost, it cost me about 320k per hectare but the yield was about 200kg per hectare on average.
The yield was low because we planted late and the rainfall wasn't enough.
Thanks
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
[quote author=emmbet post=57607654]Hi Agathabishen, what a nice thread.
I did sesame seeds cultivation last year but the yield was not so good. I am considering the ginger this year.

Pls can you give a breakdown of ginger cultivation process from planting to harvesting?
check my signature message, call or whatsapp me
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by evergreen9: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
@agathabishen how can I contact you for more information.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 6:50am On Jun 26, 2017
evergreen9:
@agathabishen how can I contact you for more information.

check my signature
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by evergreen9: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2017
Thanks
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
emmbet:

It was a 16 hectare plantation but outside Nigeria in Burkina Faso.
My main business is export of agric products but last year I decided to go into cultivation and leased the farm land in Burkina Faso.
As for the cost, it cost me about 320k per hectare but the yield was about 200kg per hectare on average.
The yield was low because we planted late and the rainfall wasn't enough.
Thanks

Please, if you know about sesame seed farming in Nigeria, enlighten me a bit on this....someone here in Abuja said I should pay 10k in August , which will b given to a farmer and get a 30kg bag of sesame seed at harvest in December. She claims the bag goes for as high as 50k in January.

I have checked prices online and I keep seeing a ton being sold for under 200k. Now my issue is, 10k seems pretty high for 30kg bag at harvest. There will be no profit when I sell. In fact it will be a loss. Is she lying? Can you please tell me how much the seed is sold for in the low season and how much in the high season? Thank you.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 8:48am On Jun 28, 2017
the ginger have finally sprauted . it has started growing. I visited the farm yesterday.

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2017
another one

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2017
one more

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by henrimoto(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Agathabishen:
the ginger have finally sprauted . it has started growing. I visited the farm yesterday.
Its like you didn't start in time to plant the ginger, Are these the ones early this month, June?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
henrimoto:
Its like you didn't start in time to plant the ginger, Are these the ones early this month, June?
ending may
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by jfkenny(m): 4:29am On Dec 05, 2017
Please y is it that ginger planted in south east are big, not yellowish when peeled and they don't pepper as much as the ones. Bought from the market..
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by jfkenny(m): 4:32am On Dec 05, 2017
Harvested from one plant

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
because the soil is very different.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
now selling dry split ginger. call 08039274894
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by jfkenny(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
The leaves are different from another set that I planted and that one produced normal ginger..I believe that allowing the ginger to sprout before planting is the difference not actually the soil.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2017
its the soil we here don't wait for ginger to sprout before planting..
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
harvest and splitting

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
ginger

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Yezzy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
I'll love to help in transporting products be it ginger from kaduna to anywhere in the country at a cheaper price. This is my WhatsApp line 08120917657. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Yezzy:
I'll love to help in transporting products be it ginger from kaduna to anywhere in the country at a cheaper price. This is my WhatsApp line 08120917657. Thanks in anticipation
trailer?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Yezzy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Agathabishen:

trailer?

Yes or any other you want sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety / Real Price Of PALM OIL In Akwa Ibom State per keg. / Man Harvests 30kg Cassava In Ohaji Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.