Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians (18171 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / 2019 ELECTIONS:Nigeria to Expect Surprises at the Polls / UPP Will Pull Surprises In Anambra State Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by DonCortino: 10:45am On May 31, 2017
Moreoffaith:
prepaid meter is the solution.

stop those without prepaid from paying bills and see how this people will share the meter..

I hate these people and men in black with passion.

They are hoarding d prepaid meter nah!
If u apply to get one it will take more than 6months for u to get it or they will tell u its not available.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by michoim(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2017
Great work, Great minister. We believe you. It can only get better...
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by samtee37(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2017
chaelmic:
[b][/b] bro y

Na Wetin nepa turn us too óò.. grin. .. How are we going to be paying 5k per month.. When be say, we hardly get the light 2times a week...

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Moreoffaith(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2017
DonCortino:

They are hoarding d prepaid meter nah!
If u apply to get one it will take more than 6months for u to get it or they will tell u its not available.

6 MONTH KE??

MY LANDLADY REQUESTED FOR PREPAID BEFORE I MOVE AND ITS STILL NOT INSTALLED.

THIS IS MY SECOND YEAR IN THE APARTMENT.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Sirheny007(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2017
Please, where is that Minister of darkness meme? undecided
I need it for this thread!! cheesy
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by KingGBsky(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2017
tuniski:
Surprise ko darkness ni. Raining season is here we know what to expect!

even last year raining season it was still worse, except some very few areas.
The truth is that these private companys are not ready to improve the power or even invest in anything creating power. all they know how to do is estimated billing, bunch of crooks.
They are even against providing prepaid meters because they know they might fall short.
I'm very sure if every home have a prepaid meter then they will be serious in providing power because the amount of power consumed will be compared to how much they make as profit.

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Moreoffaith(m): 10:54am On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

Yes, that is how they do. Any amount that you left after pre-paid customers have paid will b shared to unmetered customers. It does make sense abi? Since power supplied ha been consumed by someone. I can assure you that meters mounted on poles have been bypassed. It is the people that bypass meters that makes estimated bills higher

No it doesn't make any sense bro.

let them share meter and see if people will not learn to manage the unit on their meter.

estimated bill is a scam so lets say no to it..

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by dreofGod(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2017
Until when lagosians stop shouting 'up nepa', I comment my reserve.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by remiopash: 10:58am On May 31, 2017
People dont really understand how the entire process works;Power Generation and Transmission are two different things.As of now,Nigeria does not have necessary instruments to transmit power ,they can only generate to some extent.Just check around and find how many substations you can find.Most of the transformers are old and they can't bear much load.

To build a standard power substation,you need around 5.6b. In Lagos for example,they need about 20 Substations(66KV).I wish the GENCOS can also fortify the power transmission by building more substations.I pity Fashola for accepting that appointment of having 3 ministries under him.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by KEVIND: 11:01am On May 31, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Fashola is just too useless, he's a foolish fool. A fool that is just too foolish...

He said a serious government would fix light in six months, later he insulted the god of afonjas in charge of light saying he can't produce 1 megawatt . Now he's saying we should expect power after 2 years of power failure. He should tell that to his zombies not me cry
grin grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Oblang(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2017
igwebuike01:
Power naturally improves around July-November in Nigeria, its because of heavy rainfall improve performance of the hydro power stations. It happens every year. Fashola keep quiet

Are we in July already?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by lanre4411(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
hey I don't need to prove anything to you. You can believe what I said or choose not to believe it.

Your cup of tea undecided But the fact is, kaduna state enjoys steady electricity supply.
he is an ipob they always wish this country bad, in my area in Lagos there is relative improvement not like before so I believe there is improvement.children of HATE keep hating Nigeria will be great .
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by DonCortino: 11:21am On May 31, 2017
Moreoffaith:

6 MONTH KE??

MY LANDLADY REQUESTED FOR PREPAID BEFORE I MOVE AND ITS STILL NOT INSTALLED.

THIS IS MY SECOND YEAR IN THE APARTMENT.

Ok nah! undecided
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by goodnews777: 11:28am On May 31, 2017
Fashola is an idiot to think that NIGERIANS are that gullible.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by DamiBukola: 11:37am On May 31, 2017
Oblang:

Are we in July already?
Do you have light in your hood?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2017
grin grin grin

caprini1:
Abeg no being barca here..... cheats.We are talking about men that plays football,not Messi and the 10 actors.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by CioAngels(f): 11:47am On May 31, 2017
Mr fashola, please confirm is on your instruction that Gencos or Discos should CODE METERS/ACCOUNT NUMBRS so that we will be given estimated bills monthly? How can you do that to active working meters? You cannot be stealing from struggling masses in the name of generating revenue that will be looted on collection. If this is the reason pre-paid meter is not supplied to consumers, then, it is high rated robbery which is higher than Anini's method who was stealing and throwing it on the street for the masses to pick. Please stop this broadday light robbery. You cannot sit in your comfort zone to cookup meter reading all in the name of lazinesr of not wanting to roam the street to read meters. Nti oda, oda.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by grandstar(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

The problem is people are bypassing the meters! Most DISCOs don't recovery up to half of the power they supply to consumers

And when the DISCO's refuse to supply, there'll be cursing and hating that Fashola isn't competent

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Tajikia: 11:56am On May 31, 2017
A suggested way out is to meter every consumer as soon as possible so as to reduce wastage caused by consumers putting on appliances they don't need and bill for what is consumed. In this way there will be power available, incrementally, for serious consumers . If supply is low, everybody will understand Penalise, heavily, without exception anyone bypassing or tampering with the meters- with Government legislations. As it is now, the discos are very very comfortable with the bulk meters at every transformers sites and the cracy bills they issue. Leave them, they will keep giving excuses of all types. Power sector development have never been considered important until recently when everyone is expecting magic. But metering should be the first priority. Tarrif can then be adjusted as situation demands while development is going alongside.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Smooyis(m): 12:03pm On May 31, 2017
joeyfire:
Fashola is making noise because rainy season usually means improved electricity. Na today grin

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by soath(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Madrid vs juventus .... I go for Pablo dybala
Watch out for Isco
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by reiddecuti: 12:06pm On May 31, 2017
Until then. No be by Noise making.

Watching in 3D.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 31, 2017
we are surprised already. wen despite d rationing (2days ON- 2DAYS OFF) we are still charged the same bill monthly.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

yeah we get 19-20 hours here. But APC promised us 24 hours, uninterrupted power supply
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Ifymma(f): 12:43pm On May 31, 2017
There is nothing like surprises, we all know that there is always light in rainy seasons so u cant deceive us, we are not that dumb
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by murmee: 12:44pm On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

The problem is people are bypassing the meters! Most DISCOs don't recovery up to half of the power they supply to consumers
The Onus is on Discos to monitor and punish those who bypass. The offense is Economic sabotage.

But nothing in the world can justify a situation where Discos will by themselves determine the units of electricity used by a consumer. It is improper and unacceptable.

The fact that the consumer could be on long or short vacation, hospitalised or on temporary transfer from his residence does not matter to Discos. The consumer is expected to pay an estimated bill regardless of any situation.

Nigeria is the only country where people are not metered for electricity and are expected to pay any bill given to them. It is shameful!
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by SalamRushdie: 12:47pm On May 31, 2017
Moreoffaith:
prepaid meter is the solution.

stop those without prepaid from paying bills and see how this people will share the meter..

I hate these people and men in black with passion.

That the only way power will improve . The current system allows DISCOS to actually sell darkness under the guise of estimated billing and as long as they can do that no one is going great to want to improve electricity
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by SIMPLYkush: 12:52pm On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided
Yea, light is quite constant in kd, were u stay?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2017
caprini1:
Juve will not even see ball play that day.Na so we dey deal with all this so-called good defence teams like Athletico and Bayern grin

After wuna use ojoro beat Bayern abigrin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
If not the stupidity of Barca coach who is Juve to send them packing. The Old ladies will get it hot as never before.

But they sent Madrid packing in 2015grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
That's Kaduna but other parts of the country can't boast of that except selected towns,villages and cities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Supported Uche Secondus – PDP Governors / Soldier Killed By Armed Militia In Zamfara / Peter Obi Lied On Foreign Direct Investment-fdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.