Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians (18170 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / 2019 ELECTIONS:Nigeria to Expect Surprises at the Polls / UPP Will Pull Surprises In Anambra State Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by willibounce1(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2017
Nothing surprises us anymore.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by pokipoki: 1:15pm On May 31, 2017
Clown!!!! I was expecting 10,000MW with all the noise made before the elections. They could not even add additional 2,000MW to what they inherited from Jonathan. Still the same stories with majority of the population suffering.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by belindar: 1:17pm On May 31, 2017
You are foooooool. MINISTER OF DARKNESS.
LIES SHALL NEVER CEASE FROM APC MOUTH.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by zemaik(m): 1:18pm On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

You use to...? What of now?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by DrMuzungu(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2017
deolu2000:
4000MW in a country of over 170m ppl? I really think this govt can't dlver on their promise of 15000MW after one year in office of wc this is their secnd year nw. Such a shame. Fashola, enough of this story for the birds,plz.

Well, to have 24/7 supply for every single Nigerian, you need between 40 and 50 times more production AND transmission. You simply can't build that much, that quickly even if you start right now, and use ALL available money in the country. That was the point. Of course, if you start now, if politicians don't take their share (read 75% of the money) and if generator imports and sales mafia don't undermine all the efforts (not talking about area boys harassing the contractors), in 10 to 15 years you COULD achieve 24/7 supply.

It takes 2 to 3 years to build a nuclear plant. Which country in its right mind will allow Nigerians to do that, with all political instability? None. So forget that. Utilise rivers. Ok. River Niger, maybe other rivers. Each plant will take 3 to 5 years to build. That will generate SOME electricity. Coal and gas plants. Fine. a couple of years for each. Sun? Nigeria has plenty of it. Build huge solar arrays and generate more electricity. These don't take that long to build, maybe a couple of months. But, the initial cost is high per kW or MW. And knowing the maintenance culture (and theft) these would not last very long, except if maintained by Germans (Julius Berger, did you hear?!) and guarded by the army (no nonsense attitude).

So all in all, don't let the politicians lie to you. They are promissing things they can't deliver.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Donsammi(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2017
Moreoffaith:

bypass??

Bro if you know how much I pay monthly in a mini flat you will agree with me..

I pay 3500 monthly is that not too much?? 2 days on and a day off, thats how our light is scheduled...but the two days on is more or less a night plan....as if I am on swift night plan

I hardly stay at home cos of the kind of work I do, even on public holidays I still don't stay at home, I stay in my dads house 2years ago where we load 1500 monthly, my parent use 4 bedroom flat while I use mini flat.

I have a friend who work with Eko Edc he said they make 4 billion monthly, After deducting prepaid meter sub monthly from the 4billion the remai
ning digit will be distributed to others , even if there is light or not for that month...

do people bypass the meter been mounted on the pole ? NO

All they need to do is have a team who monitor this and make sure anyone involve in this act is dealt with appropriately.
This people are just wicked.

bypassing is a simple thing bro.

we were the first peeps to get the prepaid meter free of charge (kubwa,abuja) and I can tell you it's by passable

even thunderstorm can affect it .
my house meter was affected by thunder dude it stop reading properly .
it will get to 0.00 units and light wouldn't go-off.

reported the ish to AEDC before they will think that I hacked it myself buh nothing can be done they told me

although your meter readings/when units was brought last shows in their office.
They use this data to checkmate things
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2017
No argue about that.

Isahalbash:

But they sent Madrid packing in 2015grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by zynzyn(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2017
As power generation peaks at 4000MW

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/31/expect-surprises-in-power-supply-growth-fashola-tells-nigerians/

Bros, We don hear, we are waiting!!

But I still don't think we are serious until we radically also pursue wind and solar power.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Denmark
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by caprini1: 3:25pm On May 31, 2017
Isahalbash:

After wuna use ojoro beat Bayern abigrin
Ah ah..you too? admit Na! we are ballers grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Teeisaac(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2017
Nbote:

U used to before, abi u do these days abi u do everyday?? because d Nepa I know and Nigerians know will not, has not improved on lite recently at all.. Dey ration d lite in most parts of d country but give full loads of bills at d end of d month.. Tomorrow I'll hear dem blame DISCO , GENCO and soon dey start blaming TANKO
hope dey won't blame MOSCO
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by yom2(m): 4:07pm On May 31, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Fashola is just too useless, he's a foolish fool. A fool that is just too foolish...

He said a serious government would fix light in six months, later he insulted the god of afonjas in charge of light saying he can't produce 1 megawatt . Now he's saying we should expect power after 2 years of power failure. He should tell that to his zombies not me cry
is it not even d usual rainy season increase
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 4:54pm On May 31, 2017
caprini1:
Ah ah..you too? admit Na! we are ballers grin

Yeah, but when d balling get tough, ref do d damagesgrin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
No argue about that.

They will beat Madrid again on Saturday. Cr7 go cry sosaigrin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 5:29pm On May 31, 2017
Funny you. Impossible tongue

Isahalbash:

They will beat Madrid again on Saturday. Cr7 go cry sosaigrin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Funny you. Impossible tongue

No worry... Saturday go reach nah
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2017
Even Juventus coach self don get injury grin

Isahalbash:

No worry... Saturday go reach nah
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Isahalbash(m): 6:00pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Even Juventus coach self don get injury grin

E go be like film trick for yah eyesgrin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by oblaak(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
hey I don't need to prove anything to you. You can believe what I said or choose not to believe it.

Your cup of tea undecided But the fact is, kaduna state enjoys steady electricity supply.
bro how is life in the north? Do you drink alcohol freely? Do you flex life as you want? Is it even advisable to come down there? I want to know if I can change my ideology about the north
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 31, 2017
Paulo angry

Then u must be ready to lose, go for Sergio Ramos

If u get mind, Ramos scores between 85 n 90 min angry
CROWNWEALTH019:

Madrid vs juventus .... I go for Pablo dybala
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 31, 2017
Wag1 cheesy
madridguy:
Casemiro bus stop is there for him. grin

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by chngebeginwthme: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Fashola is just too useless, he's a foolish fool. A fool that is just too foolish...

He said a serious government would fix light in six months, later he insulted the god of afonjas in charge of light saying he can't produce 1 megawatt . Now he's saying we should expect power after 2 years of power failure. He should tell that to his zombies not me cry

What a son of a foolish father, Mind telling us how foolish you father is?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by chngebeginwthme: 8:34am On Jun 01, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

I have a friend in Apata Ibadan who also said samething. I mention the name of the area so some of hatred can counter me on it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Green Card Movement Vs Red Card Movement: Buhari's Supporters Counter Ezekwesili / ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains / UK Authorities Barred Andy Uba From Their Country, Citing His Criminality - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.