Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time (30942 Views)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / 5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / 5 Ways To Gain A Job Experience Before Your First Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by PalmchatApp: 2:12pm On May 31, 2017
Opportunities stare at so many people at different points, but there is this inability to look at that direction. Some youths in this generation are basically wasting away and waiting on white collar jobs, connect and praying the type of Olajumoke's prayers. Truth is, if you don't make efforts, you wouldn't be part of a success story. Aside jobs, some youths are wasting away by doing things that are hazardous to them and the country.

1. waiting on jobs- Truth is this, not everyone is ever gonna work in an office environment. For some, they are likely to end up as entrepreneurs, employers, staffs and so on. So many youths keep waiting on white collar kind of jobs, waiting on someone to connect them and so on. You really don't have to wait on anyone. Push yourself, start with the little capital you have,be diligent in what you do and watch how you excel.

2. Looking for easy routes- Many youths don't even want to earn through the right process. They rather cut corners and look for easy routes. Youths go into fraud, prostitution, rituals and so on. They want a sugar mummy and daddy to make their lives better. What you work hard for, you cherish it and you are proud of it. Nothing good comes so easy.

3. No thirst for knowledge- Most youths now find it difficult reading. Even when an important message, text or book is sent across, it becomes a burden to read and digest. Some youths rather go have fun than attend quality seminars, events or listen to piece of information that could be useful. There are many skills acquisitions that are free or you have to pay little, you find out some youths still wouldn't attend. Knowledge is never a waste. We don't even research on job opportunities, scholarships that could be beneficial.

4. Lustful desires- Now that there is recession, you find out some youths are still spending on things that don't add up. They try to impress those that don't matter. Spend weekly on liabilities instead of assets. Some youths just want to live like these celebrities. Empty their wallets just to stay relevant. Spend outrageously on gadgets, fashion items, trips that don't add up.

5. Wrong company- so many youths are in companies that are likely to dampen their future. They go into relationships that don't add any value to them. Relationships where you don't have a good foundation and you become are turned to a punching bag or ATM machine. Most youths are keeping wrong company with those that wouldn't make them grow. You are likely to become like the person you stay with often.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by PalmchatApp: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2017
cc;lalasticlala
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2017
Very True. No. 1 most especially.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Chiefly(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Hmm, couldn't agree more.

NO. 6 : NYSC

NO. 7: Drugs, Por.n and mastuba...

NO. 8: 9jabet

NO. 9: Cultisim

In actual fact, most of our young people in tertiary institutions are doing nothing but wasting thier time, better to go learn a trade, skill or hand(y)work.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
My brother, if I start telling u Wat most of us have passed through to make ends meet, u will show some empathy to our course. Those that are employed now didn't even struggle as much as we have done. If u have any job at all, advertise it here and stop making the issue appear as if the unemployed like me aren't serious.
U talked of emptying their wallet to feel among, do u empty wallet that is already empty? Think of the Government that has failed us both in job hunt and empowerment. The problem with most of us is finance to start up something, not that we enjoy bn idle or that we are waiting for white collar jobs.

#AshamedOfMyGovernment

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by MaconAwire(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
nice post op

tiri gbosa for u

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by MEGGATRON(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
The number 4 is invalid you only live once i make money i enjoy it. Nigga buys the best gadget i can afford, wear cloths i fancy, go to club with friends and fuck_ hoes
Thats life!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Cirphrank(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
True Talk

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Blessed779: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2017
Nasoo

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by SolutionsGuy: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2017
6. Doing ponzi.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by emmanude(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2017
ALL ON POINT,NICE ONE BRO...

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Ekakamba: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2017
Being a Nairaland warrior Parasite:
Most jobless youths prefer Nairaland e-tribal war, criticism, insults, posting fake fixed games, tongue blanket 'olosholism'/'gilgolism' grin instead of hustling in a legit way. tongue

9 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Husty(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Oloshoism
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
I can say most youths today or even adults are guilty for at least one of this
Nice one OP

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Eazylion: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
6. Bet9ja

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by lukotony(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
National Youth Service Corps
National Youth Service Corps
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by EloquentMedia: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2017
you left out social media. Could it be because you are as guilty

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by pauljumbo: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2017
the worst ones are in politics sections in nairaland insulting themselves over politicians who play games

PalmchatApp:
Opportunities stare at so many people at different points, but there is this inability to look at that direction. Some youths in this generation are basically wasting away and waiting on white collar jobs, connect and praying the type of Olajumoke's prayers. Truth is, if you don't make efforts, you wouldn't be part of a success story. Aside jobs, some youths are wasting away by doing things that are hazardous to them and the country.

1. waiting on jobs- Truth is this, not everyone is ever gonna work in an office environment. For some, they are likely to end up as entrepreneurs, employers, staffs and so on. So many youths keep waiting on white collar kind of jobs, waiting on someone to connect them and so on. You really don't have to wait on anyone. Push yourself, start with the little capital you have,be diligent in what you do and watch how you excel.

2. Looking for easy routes- Many youths don't even want to earn through the right process. They rather cut corners and look for easy routes. Youths go into fraud, prostitution, rituals and so on. They want a sugar mummy and daddy to make their lives better. What you work hard for, you cherish it and you are proud of it. Nothing good comes so easy.

3. No thirst for knowledge- Most youths now find it difficult reading. Even when an important message, text or book is sent across, it becomes a burden to read and digest. Some youths rather go have fun than attend quality seminars, events or listen to piece of information that could be useful. There are many skills acquisitions that are free or you have to pay little, you find out some youths still wouldn't attend. Knowledge is never a waste. We don't even research on job opportunities, scholarships that could be beneficial.

4. Lustful desires- Now that there is recession, you find out some youths are still spending on things that don't add up. They try to impress those that don't matter. Spend weekly on liabilities instead of assets. Some youths just want to live like these celebrities. Empty their wallets just to stay relevant. Spend outrageously on gadgets, fashion items, trips that don't add up.

5. Wrong company- so many youths are in companies that are likely to dampen their future. They go into relationships that don't add any value to them. Relationships where you don't have a good foundation and you become are turned to a punching bag or ATM machine. Most youths are keeping wrong company with those that wouldn't make them grow. You are likely to become like the person you stay with often.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Thermodynamics(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2017
Going to school is a waste of time. You are likely to graduate when you are 28 or 27 without learning anything. If you must go to school, travel out of this hell called Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Alexbrain(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by MaconAwire(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Eazylion:
6. Bet9ja
embarassed
Eazylion:
6. Bet9ja
youth empowerment

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by nwachinemelu(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2017
every youth wana belong to the slay queen and slay kings gang...GET RICH OR DIE TRYING SYNDROME. GOD HELP US ALL

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by mecussey(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2017
The one that suprises me most is the youths think life starts after university. They feel so comfortable, chasing women up and down and collecting money from there parents. Pls, my dear homeboys, start your hustle as early as 15 while you school so that the next 15yrs you are already a millionaire. If you dont know how to hustle, go to Onitsha at 15 and learn trade while schooling.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by rxgodwin(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2017
6. Sleeping and waking up on nl like ahdo
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by preponey: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2017
Amen
nwachinemelu:
every youth wana belong to the slay queen and slay kings gang...GET RICH OR DIE TRYING SYNDROME. GOD HELP US ALL
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by idreezbaba(m): 11:40am On Jun 01, 2017

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by iykepromotions: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2017
Still wondering while some Nigerian youths spend most of their time online without making money from it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Absuchat(m): 11:41am On Jun 01, 2017
Bet9ja
Facebook
NYSC
Yahoo +
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by idris4eva(m): 11:42am On Jun 01, 2017
Respect55:
My brother, if I start telling u Wat most of us have passed through to make ends meet, u will show some empathy to our course. Those that are employed now didn't even struggle as much as we have done. If u have any job at all, advertise it here and stop making the issue appear as if the unemployed like me aren't serious.
U talked of emptying their wallet to feel among, do u empty wallet that is already empty? Think of the Government that has failed us both in job hunt and empowerment. The problem with most of us is finance to start up something, not that we enjoy bn idle or that we are waiting for white collar jobs.

#AshamedOfMyGovernment
infact bro you just took the words outta my mouth
I wonder how people always make unemployed youth feels they ain't doing well to help themselves.
Everyone wants a white collar job not because they wish to stay there till eternity but just to raise a capital and start up their own business.
Who doesn't wish to become his/her own boss.

Enough of all these 20 ways you waste your youth age bla bla

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by PalmchatApp: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2017
I get you dear, you see in the post, i kept emphasizing on the word ''some youths''. You could research on jobs, skills, just be busy. Some employers are gonna ask what you have been doing while you were unemployed, you know it speaks volume about you. it is well.
Respect55:

#AshamedOfMyGovernment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by PalmchatApp: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2017
thanks
MaconAwire:
nice post op

tiri gbosa for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Fill Your Account No And BVN On Fidelity Recruitment Page? / Schleez Nigeria Limited / Any Business Idea I Can Start With 500k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.