Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time (30968 Views)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / 5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / 5 Ways To Gain A Job Experience Before Your First Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Teeisaac(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
LAUTECH
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
tonyboy199:
Pls can you give me lists of skills a student can learn?

When I mean skills, I mean IT skills ooo...

The one that won't get you dirty and will land you lots of job.

Web Design, Web Dev, CCNA, Computer Engineering, Networking, etc...

It depends on your area of interest.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by alexis007(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Absuchat:
Bet9ja
Facebook
NYSC
Yahoo +
My brother, kindly remove the first and the last. Both are moneymaking avenues

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

When I mean skills, I mean IT skills ooo...

The one that won't get you dirty and will land you lots of job.

Web Design, Web Dev, CCNA, Computer Engineering, Networking, etc...

It depends on your area of interest.
Thanks a lot. What about graphic design?
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Bellao223: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
MEGGATRON:
The number 4 is invalid you only live once i make money i enjoy it. Nigga buys the best gadget i can afford, wear cloths i fancy, go to club with friends and fuck_ hoes
Thats life!

Sleeping on bicycle
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
tonyboy199:
Thanks a lot. What about graphic design?

Also great.

Where do you stay?
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by drdee4cash: 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hmmm we have all spoke well my people. But what I can say Is this we are all different in different ways , understanding yourself and letting God help you is what matters. You can't judge all people you see on line or are always online as jobless cos you don't know what they do with it. If am not online I won't have seen this post and again if they are not, naira land can't be what it is today. For instance like me I use the internet to my benefit cos am into various thing even as I don't have a job yet. I am a real estate consultant. I help real estate companies to sell estate lands and am been paid 15percent of my sales. Something I do at the comfort of my room. So if you see me home you might felt am jobless. What am I saying ? We all have to get going no matter the situation . when I was introduced to the business I felt somehow but I realise that many of us have rich uncles and friends that could buy this lands ,so I changed my mind and went into it and am happy I did today cos I could make what I can't make a year even if i have a job. I make use of this so called social media to my best . the word is get something doing no matter how small and love it and keep praying . God bless us all my people

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Also great.
Where do you stay?
Benin city, and I attend Uniben.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Lightening: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Respect55:
My brother, if I start telling u Wat most of us have passed through to make ends meet, u will show some empathy to our course. Those that are employed now didn't even struggle as much as we have done. If u have any job at all, advertise it here and stop making the issue appear as if the unemployed like me aren't serious.
U talked of emptying their wallet to feel among, do u empty wallet that is already empty? Think of the Government that has failed us both in job hunt and empowerment. The problem with most of us is finance to start up something, not that we enjoy bn idle or that we are waiting for white collar jobs.

#AshamedOfMyGovernment

Money is not what you need to start up a business. All you need is an idea and necessary skills (which can be acquired if you humble yourself to learn), then integrity and diligence.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Adebayo4all: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chiefly:
Hmm, couldn't agree more.

NO. 6 : NYSC

NO. 7: Drugs, Por.n and mastuba...

NO. 8: 9jabet

NO. 9: Cultisim

In actual fact, most of our young people in tertiary institutions are doing nothing but wasting thier time, better to go learn a trade, skill or hand(y)work.
hahahaha u wicked ooo
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Adebayo4all: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
idris4eva:
infact bro you just took the words outta my mouth
I wonder how people always make unemployed youth feels they ain't doing well to help themselves.
Everyone wants a white collar job not because they wish to stay there till eternity but just to raise a capital and start up their own business.
Who doesn't wish to become his/her own boss.

Enough of all these 20 ways you waste your youth age bla bla
Hahahahaha
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by kingsleyugo41(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hmmm
PalmchatApp:
Opportunities stare at so many people at different points, but there is this inability to look at that direction. Some youths in this generation are basically wasting away and waiting on white collar jobs, connect and praying the type of Olajumoke's prayers. Truth is, if you don't make efforts, you wouldn't be part of a success story. Aside jobs, some youths are wasting away by doing things that are hazardous to them and the country.

1. waiting on jobs- Truth is this, not everyone is ever gonna work in an office environment. For some, they are likely to end up as entrepreneurs, employers, staffs and so on. So many youths keep waiting on white collar kind of jobs, waiting on someone to connect them and so on. You really don't have to wait on anyone. Push yourself, start with the little capital you have,be diligent in what you do and watch how you excel.

2. Looking for easy routes- Many youths don't even want to earn through the right process. They rather cut corners and look for easy routes. Youths go into fraud, prostitution, rituals and so on. They want a sugar mummy and daddy to make their lives better. What you work hard for, you cherish it and you are proud of it. Nothing good comes so easy.

3. No thirst for knowledge- Most youths now find it difficult reading. Even when an important message, text or book is sent across, it becomes a burden to read and digest. Some youths rather go have fun than attend quality seminars, events or listen to piece of information that could be useful. There are many skills acquisitions that are free or you have to pay little, you find out some youths still wouldn't attend. Knowledge is never a waste. We don't even research on job opportunities, scholarships that could be beneficial.

4. Lustful desires- Now that there is recession, you find out some youths are still spending on things that don't add up. They try to impress those that don't matter. Spend weekly on liabilities instead of assets. Some youths just want to live like these celebrities. Empty their wallets just to stay relevant. Spend outrageously on gadgets, fashion items, trips that don't add up.

5. Wrong company- so many youths are in companies that are likely to dampen their future. They go into relationships that don't add any value to them. Relationships where you don't have a good foundation and you become are turned to a punching bag or ATM machine. Most youths are keeping wrong company with those that wouldn't make them grow. You are likely to become like the person you stay with often.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Adebayo4all: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sincere4u:
6. Spending too much time on social media.
I am an addict.
thy is nothing wrong with DAT BT datz if u making money like me.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Adebayo4all: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
luckenzo77:

My brother if only they know what people like us have been through. Its on record that I came 1st in Auchi poly recruitment 2013, I was also among 20% pass in NNPC recruitment 2011, I was among 5% pass in Security And Exchange Commission recruitment 2011. Yet all these job was not given to me. Even to start business where is the capital? Government has failed us in all ramifications period. You people should stop talking as if we're happy.
Hmmmmm
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
tonyboy199:
Benin city, and I attend Uniben.
Find a way to learn any of those skills in an IT institute and get certified.
Then watch how you will reap the fruit of your labour after school.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Find a way to learn any of those skills in an IT institute and get certified.

Then watch how you will reap the fruit of your labour after school.
Thank you baba....I will learn graphic designing.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lightening:

Money is not what you need to start up a business. All you need is an idea and necessary skills (which can be acquired if you humble yourself to learn), then integrity and diligence.
So will idea alone import the goods u want to start selling as a business man or pay for whenever u want to register as an apprentice?
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
beardlessdude:
getout of here. Silly human being. Talking like a lunatic. Idiot
Forgive him Lord, for he knows not what he is doing.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
eezeribe:

Do you need a loan?
Can u provide one? What are ur terms?
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
PalmchatApp:
I get you dear, you see in the post, i kept emphasizing on the word ''some youths''. You could research on jobs, skills, just be busy. Some employers are gonna ask what you have been doing while you were unemployed, you know it speaks volume about you. it is well.
Thanks
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
idris4eva:
infact bro you just took the words outta my mouth
I wonder how people always make unemployed youth feels they ain't doing well to help themselves.
Everyone wants a white collar job not because they wish to stay there till eternity but just to raise a capital and start up their own business.
Who doesn't wish to become his/her own boss.

Enough of all these 20 ways you waste your youth age bla bla
What more can I say bro. Help will surely come one day. God willing.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Respect55:

Forgive him Lord, for he knows not what he is doing.
lol. It's very annoying. They won't crack their brains to think but relax blaming the government for everything as if people are not doing well in THE same government.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Respect55(m): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
beardlessdude:
lol. It's very annoying. They won't crack their brains to think but relax blaming the government for everything as if people are not doing well in THE same government.
I dnt hv an issue with u bro. So i won't reply u again
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Respect55:

I dnt hv an issue with u bro. So i won't reply u again
you must be bipolar. Why did you quote me in the first place? Orishirishi
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by idris4eva(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
Respect55:

What more can I say bro. Help will surely come one day. God willing.
Amen bro
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by keko14: 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
iykepromotions:
Still wondering while some Nigerian youths spend most of their time online without making money from it.
help us, jobless is killing..
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by IdeyFindWife: 12:49am On Jun 02, 2017
the inbred lack of creativity

and the lack of guts to step out and stay out, focused, till tangible results start showing is killing naija youths too.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
Adebayo4all:
thy is nothing wrong with DAT BT datz if u making money like me.

I quite agree with you. making money on the internet and social media is like converting Passion into cash.
Almost everyone has passion for social media.
Making money from what one has passion for is the key to entrepreneurship.
Re: 5 Ways You Are Wasting Away Your Youthful Time by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
PalmchatApp:
lol, no dear. It depends on what you do on social media. As an event planner, content strategist, i am mostly online researching and learning more.
Nice one, keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Recruiting From Nairaland. Shocking. / Schleez Nigeria Limited / Hope For A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.