Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos (65001 Views)

"Sanusi Persecuted Me As He Thought I Wanted His Job At CBN" – Cecilia Ibru / Appeal Court Orders CBN To Account For Cecilia Ibru’s Assets / Dangote, Otedola Pictured At King Of Morocco Banguet At Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by phanshark(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Xperience12:
Estwhile CEO of defunt Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, was pictured at an event in Lagos. The event titled Techpoint Inspired, was organized by Techpoint.ng, a popular technology related blog and website, and had in guest people like Eyo Bassey, CEO of Payporte.com, Funke Opeke CEO of MainOne, Adeleke Ojikutu — Co-Founder, VoguePay, Sheriff Shittu — Co-Founder, CEO at Switch Innovation Express, Abiola Olaniran — Founder, Gamsole, Ajebutter22, and others.

She spoke on the topic, "The role of education in building a new generation of entrepreneurs".

Cecilia Ibru (born March 22, 1946) is the former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank. Ibru began her work at the Ibru Organization. In 2009 she was arrested and pleaded guilty to charges of fraud. She was jailed and fined approximately one billion euros.

this woman brought disgrace to the ibrus

2 Likes

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by spaggyy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
tpbehappy:
Ile aye, ile asan.
. Ile aye ti Iwo ni asan

Olorun ma je n waye asan nite mi oo

Amin

3 Likes

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by MARYchiells(f): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
PStacks:

One Billion Euros.. OMG WTF!

i want to be like this woman when i am grown.. WTF MEHN!

Don't forget the power of the tongue. Hope you don't regret it.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
DropShot:
Thief

did she steal from u?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by PStacks(m): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
MARYchiells:

Don't forget the power of the tongue. Hope you don't regret it.

regret what?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by sucess001(m): 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
all of you calling her names are just dumb and without knowledge. she didnt do anything different from what all MDs were doing.

isnt it the same sanusi who is accused of 13 billion fraud that the senate and president shielded?

or you ve all forgotten he was chased out of office on allegations of fraud by the jonathan admin?

this woman was and is still a power woman i respect a lot....

i remember her welfare packages for the oceanic staff then...my bro got his medical bills taken by the bank without this woman ever meeting him...

yall have read about the humongous amouts of money being written off by banks...much more than that oceanic needed at the time....yet the MDS are still sitting cosy ...

summary....pray the people in power dont hate you....

3 Likes

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by czaratwork: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
A million like for this
sucess001:
all of you calling her names are just dumb and without knowledge. she didnt do anything different from what all MDs were doing.

isnt it the same sanusi who is accused of 13 billion fraud that the senate and president shielded?

or you ve all forgotten he was chased out of office on allegations of fraud by the jonathan admin?

i remember her welfare packages for the oceanic staff then...my bro got his medical bills taken by the bank without this woman ever meeting him...

yall have read about the humongous amouts of money being written off by banks...much more than that oceanic needed at the time....yet the MDS are still sitting cosy ...

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
THIS PROMISING YOUTHS SHOULD STOP ASSOCIATING THEMSELVES WITH CRIMINAL JOOR....

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by equity1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
iliyande:
Anytime I hear Oceanic, I remember my 8k that disappeared in that bank in 2009 shocked
How did it disappear ?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Brushless: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
jboy73:
Chai... This woman way I service that yr. Mama... Being your sugar boy n pussyy servicer was fun.
Are you for real?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by iliyande(m): 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
equity1:
How did it disappear ?

Long story......
I used my Oceanic bank atm card on Oceanic bank machine... The machine didn't dispense the cash, after waiting like 20 minutes, I went in to the banking hall and tabled my complain, and after checking the system the cc guy acknowledged that the machine didn't dispense the cash and gave me a form to fill and to check back in some days. When I returned to the bank and met the same guy, after checking his system, he said "the money has been declined"

They refused to accept that my money was with them and the manager then advised me to go to court. I involved their headquarters and no positive result. That was how I forfeit my money oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Reference(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
freebreezeyz:

You spoke my mind really!!! hmmm....

Spoke what mind. She has served her time. Even those who started the world of incarceration now call it a 'correctional' institution. Granted the punishment was terribly lenient but that is the law. The threat to justice now comes from thinking like yours, those who want more than justice. Go down this lane and no one of such status will ever see punishment. They will all evade it and society will pay a price for that. Look at the Sanusi who blew the whistle on her nefarious activities. Was he not running from pillar to post to cover his own backside. Now, who suffers most, the victims of Cecilia or the victims of Sanusi..... who may never see justice and may be continue to be robbed even as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
ONLY IN NIGERIA!!! SHE IS A CONVICTED CRIMINAL!!!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Mobsync(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Are ordinary Nigerians ever invited to these Techpoint inspired events??

Yes. Registration was open at techpoint.ng/inspired weeks (or months) before the event.

Techpoint is a Nigerian technology news website.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by forkadict(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
jboy73:
Chai... This woman way I service that yr.
Mama... Being your sugar boy n pussyy servicer was fun.

And you still dey hawk recharge card for nairaland And you never hammer for life You are cursed man!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Duru009(m): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Corrupt woman
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by HAH: 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
sucess001:

Well said bro, Cecilia Ibru OFR is one woman I will respect forever, she was just a victim of Sanusi vendetta, Sanusi was MD of 1st bank and had a serious cold war with MD of Oceanic bank and intercontinental bank mainly due to aguement they h during bankers commitee meeting when soludo was governor, FBN , beaten by oceanic bank, ibplc and zenith that year in deposit and profit making it the worse year FBN history.

In 2008 there was global financial crises that led to oil losing its value and also the crash of the NSE, all banks gave loans to oil importers and stock brokers, oceanic and ibplc being among the most vibrant banks certainly willl be those who will lose more as per corporate governance almost all banks are as guilty as Ibru but sanusi took advantage of economic downturn to removes his adversaries furthermore Cecilia was among those who wanted to be CBN governor and she allegedly gave money to senators not to confirm him, so when yaradua made him CBN governor with the help of his friend Bukola Saraki who was the chairman governors forum he first started work with dealing his adversaries in the banking industry. That is why it is very wrong to appoint an operator as a regulator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
The smart woman who did Nigeria mmm before this mmm came out!

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Torobond(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
iliyande:
Anytime I hear Oceanic, I remember my 8k that disappeared in that bank in 2009 shocked
You can still get it from her na. Shey she s out now grin grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Ishilove: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nasty ass woman with her puffy hands like boxer's gloves

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Ekakamba: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
woodcook:
This woman will never forget Sanusi in a hurry. grin grin

Meanwhile, Erastus Akingbola fled like Ojukwu. (Afonja and IPOB have one thing in common fleeing spirit) cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Ndywin: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
DropShot:
Thief

Yes. I bought Oceanic bank's shares and the money just went down the drain because of her thievery
My brother I equally felt a victim to her scam shares, I used my 200 & 300 level school fees to buy Oceanic bank shares back then, hoping to sell them and start a business after graduation but I was greeted with SUPER sTORY, I mean shares that I sunk in more than 100k the value of those shares is less than 6 thousand naira today
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by DropShot: 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ndywin:
My brother I equally felt a victim to her scam shares, I used my 200 & 300 level school fees to buy Oceanic bank shares back then, hoping to sell them and start a business after graduation but I was greeted with SUPER sTORY, I mean shares that I sunk in more than 100k the value of those shares is less than 6 thousand naira today
No mind the kids asking if she stole from us. I guess they were in primary school when we were buying shares for our future only for one thief to steal them.

I no even wan talk about what I and wife lost to that bank. Na God go judge.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by iliyande(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Torobond:

You can still get it from her na. Shey she s out now grin grin

grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by FitnessDoctor: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mobsync:

Yes. Registration was open at techpoint.ng/inspired weeks (or months) before the event.

Techpoint is a Nigerian technology news website.

Seems like registration is closed...

If you know about any more events that bring entrepreneurs together like this. could you please inform me?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by goodvision12(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
woodcook:
This woman will never forget Sanusi in a hurry. grin grin

Meanwhile, Erastus Akingbola fled like Ojukwu. (Afonja and IPOB have one thing in common fleeing spirit) cheesy cheesy cheesy
This guy is a confutionist

2 Likes

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by Emanodimo(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Maybe the hosts are beneficiary of dependant of her loot... One billion Euros for bail... I can only smile.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by KingGBsky(m): 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
woodcook:

I think it is a Southern thing. Even Diepreye Alamieyeseigha dressed like woman ( I guess he learned that from Ojukwu) and flee from London.

It seems Nigerian men lack balls, imagine this woman took it like a man (not like Nigerian men grin grin) and did her time. While our men are possessed by fleeing spirit grin grin grin

lol...na real fleeing spirit.

Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by homesteady(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
Fined 1 billion euros? shocked shocked
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by delight03: 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sleekydee:
Hope she has changed her ways...
. at what age?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by emirofcalabar(m): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mama, ur labour will nt go in vain. As much as i now dislike banking job, if Mama Ibru can float another bank. Ll gladly work again with her.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos by jaybee(f): 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
DropShot:
Thief

Yes. I bought Oceanic bank's shares and the money just went down the drain because of her thievery

Your money did not go down the drain. It went into her bank account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant / Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.