Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment (27129 Views)

Lagos-Airport Road: A Look At Akinwunmi Ambode's Landmark On Roads - Photos / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari / Omoyele Sowore Laments On The Sorry State Yaba Railway Station (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by sshalom(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
The state of that road is one of the many reasons why people do not like OBJ!
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by jomoh: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
juman:

You sound like how obasanjo explained things when he was the president.
That was how he failed woefully.

The way I and Obasanjo sound is irrelevant but the question is is it the reality?

Obj didn't fail woefully generally, Obj failed woefully on road infrastructure because he wanted to, not because that was not the case. What I meant is that what I stated and what obj stated is not an excuse for failure. Anyone who state that as the reason for his failure should be stoned.

My own belief is that not everything can be done at the same time but at least we should see the ones that Obj did and completed, None that I can think of.

It is different from this administration. Lag-Ibadan in on going, airport road has been given go ahead and many more that GEJ couldn't complete that are being continued.

The government is still quite young compare to Obj's and GEJ's govt. Again I restate that while It is not too bad to put them on their toes, we shouldn't blame a state for the inability of the federal just because they belong to the same party.
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by tete7000(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
davodyguy:
Showing photographs of same spot and same vehicles and making it a case for the entire Lagos Abeokuta expressway is 100% hypocrisy

The failed part here can't be more than 10 KM and it appears close to Sango. Amosu and Federal Government are involved here

Until the entire road is bad, people shouldnt complain abi? You really need to be pitied. This your mentality brings sorrow to right-thinking people.
Even if the bad portion is a kilometre(not to talk of ten you mentioned) that impacts greatly in a negative way on journey, people should still keep quiet? And you spoke about 10km as being insignificant. It is clear you don't even know how long ten kilometre is and how stressful it can be to travel that stretch of a journey on a bad road. When people have lived so long suffering, some become conditioned to suffering they no longer able to feel pain and discomfort, you are a typical example of such persons. Suffering in Nigeria has definitely rewired your brain. Quite pitiful.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by Buffalo2(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
goodlifehyd:
Thats ogun state portion not lagos state
GBAM!
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by FKO81(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Buffalo2:
GBAM!

What is Amosu doing with state high IGR cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by Blue3k(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yet you guys don't want to pay taxes to fix roads.
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by chngebeginwthme: 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
blackylola:
The road is extremely bad I passed there some days ago, especially d one from Sango going to Ifo side, I don't know what Gov Ibikunle Amosu is doing about that road, Ogun state government should do something about that road its very urgent.

It's Federal road sir..
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by haryomikun(m): 1:13am On Jun 03, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode has worsened the condition of already bad roads...
Instead he wants to compete with Federal on already good ones along airport road embarassed
Useless government
amosuns work sir
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by dealslip(f): 3:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode has worsened the condition of already bad roads...
Instead he wants to compete with Federal on already good ones along airport road embarassed
Useless government
So he should leave Lagos and start mending roads that belongs to Ogun State.
Re: The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment by blackylola(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
The road is better now I passed there some hours ago and the put-holes have been patched with granite. Thks 2 Ogun state government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gani Adams: My Guardian Angel Won’t Forgive Me If I Reconcile With Obasanjo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / The Defeat Of President Buhari’s Idealism - Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.