Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? (31484 Views)

How Is Your Class Topper Fairing In Life So Far? / If Your Class Is Full Of Pretty Girls,just Know You're Studying A Useless Course / I Told My Son; You Don't Need To Be In The Top 3 Of Your Class -JACK MA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by UnimkeAk(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
crackerspub:

I think you are the dull person here

The dude you quoted said "intelligence depends on your focus..."

lol

Sssssh who is this one
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Adebayo4all: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Uchemus:
thnk you, it degrading for me to exchange words with a nuisance. Av a 9ce day bro.
And who is a nuisance?

#bleep off jor
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by 4Play(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
This thread should be called "Dullards strike back." You can find examples of some "dullards" that struck it rich and academic prodigies that are dirt poor. But overall, if you are going to invest time and resources in acquiring an education, you are better off making a success of your academics.

I suspect if we can do some research on this, instead of relying on anecdotes, you will find that the academically gifted on average had more life successes than the stunted.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by YellowBarStinks: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
Uchemus:
hahaha, owk. Chai, i weep for my country, maybe ur net worth is 3million naira nd u r making noise, if you are zuckerberg with net worth of billions of dollars then we'll vacate earth for you. My friend pls receive sense, atleast for the sake of ur kids, so a lil bit of positive virtues can be instilled in them. You may insult me, but ull tnk me later. Av a 9ce day bro.

Networth of 3 million naira ??
That's like $4000

Bro

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Ezionye(f): 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin

Very funny comments here

True, our system of education is deficient. All bout theory, cramming, integration and differentiation. At the end, may be of no use

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
God has destined a bright future for everyone.

A man blessings can be found in 3 places

1-In heaven- divine grace and favour

2-In his hands-handwork

3-In his brain- thinking faculty, intellect

So therefore everybody has a chance to make it in life.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Ezionye(f): 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
4Play:
This thread should be called "Dullards strike back." You can find examples of some "dullards" that struck it rich and academic prodigies that are dirt poor. But overall, if you are going to invest time and resources in acquiring an education, you are better off making a success of your academics.

I suspect if we can do some research on this, instead of relying on anecdotes, you will find that the academically gifted on average had more life successes than the stunted.

I disagree

Actually depends on what you mean by " dullard" tho. Some people may not be good with theory or cramming and are termed dullards.

When they end up doing well in the technical aspects or in particular hands on skills, you can't term it " dullards strike back"

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
Oluwafreshing:
Slay Queen?? it is finished
grin Are you surprised?
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by PassionBlu(f): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
I was never a dullard back in the days,but hustling continues.
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by sharpwriter(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
Luiz1:
Lol. I remember castigating this mate of mine who was into yahoo... Not knowing that life was waiting 4 me with a load of pankere. See me here..... The guy nw has a fleet of cars nd I no even get a bicycle.
It's good to get money clean bro. and as for that mate of yours, read Psalm 73 for better understanding.
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by NLProblemChild(m): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Adebayo4all:
I mean funny
abi na
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by NairalandCS(m): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Wow. With the comments av read so far. I know I will make it in life.. Coz I use to be a dullard too.

Cc nairalandCS

Sighted! grin
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
freddymanny49:
Remember the days when the worst boy/girl performers were disgraced by the principal?

I do remember one who repeated 3 times but now a phd holder in forensic accounting.

Where are they now

Makes sense.....people that are great are never afraid of failure. Persistence is one of the requisites of success!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by blesoh(f): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
Garrirevenge:
I am weak base on the testimonies i am reading here.
I thought it was only in my school then you will hear this kind of stories from.
Most bookwarm and percieved brailiant ones in my school then are not exactly doing bad, neither are they doing great, as most of them are still after their education, while some other are graduate now, some have little jobs they are doing while others are now hustling.
But majority of the ones that where seen as dullard then are doing great. Most close ones to me then, are now living in Europe and some others in america. The most funny thing is that in my senior secondary school then, which was a public school, the school did a wheating exam which i narrowly excape, while 75% failed. They are now living big. Now if i see their facebook update , i just feel like cursing nigeria education.
My dear I just realize business is the key to success, I have been job hunting for a while but since I started my little business, I can firmly attest that business is the to success, academic doctors in my area are yet to buy cars nor build houses
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by blesoh(f): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
love2017:
Can I say its a natural phenomenon that dullards in elementary school days always end up being successful and the intelligent counterparts scarcely make it big? From my own experience: one of the dullards in my class then is now in US married with kids and working as a biochemist. Another one now among the staff of PHCN while me one of the intelligents those days is here working as a teacher in a private school. However, i beelive making it in life is turn by turn: its now my turn to make it big and be successful and Im among the top staff of Shell company in Jesus name amen.
My dear that is life oh, no one dares my first position in class then, today am job hunting. Thank God for this little business
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Bondesniger(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
yhey are some were making cool money
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by tunjilanlokun: 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
Fuckallmods:
He's making it huge in business. The fact is that, the time you (intelligent) student use in reading, these guys don't read but rather think of money cos education is not their thing. Follow the story of Bill Gates... Sometimes I laugh at those who laughed at us then because we were dull. intelligence depends on your focus...
Blunder, Bill Gate doesn't read? you have seen a great Man with no love for book? There is difference between reading for certificate and for empowerment, the greatest ones are the best readers, their choice of books is onlly streamline to their purpose. Book, the secret to their radicalism
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Blonchilli(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
stacyadams:
..so my question now is what changed in between??i mean how did u go from been a dullard and unserious to been the best student now,,na that chnge dey baffle me
The moment I realised it's easy. Education just like the society has been built in a way for you to see the difficult part. Once you understand this you're good. Just like in society once you solve the need or were a sector is lacking you're rich, just in education when you know what the examiner wants then you can get your A without bodering about cramming it. In uni I only read maximum 4 hours during weekend and few hours before exams just went through my journals to see what I've noted down. And it worked like magic. My coursemate would see me partying, flirting, watching movies and football but making excellent grades. They barely saw me reading. But once you understand how it works, you'll make it. I also didn't read for jamb and post utme into Uniben but got over 60 in utme and 234 in jamb. You just have to understand how it works bro

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by NnamdiN: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
ugofr:
ur post is hila rious.. Rotfl, you should consider writing as a hobby.
grin grin grin grin no more inspiration, buying and selling has taken over wink wink

Thanks for the compliment

stacyadams:
grin grin lol..just met one who is a banker now,,im still in shock cos dis guy no dey try for academics at all....them parents use education whine us
never good to write any one off cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Tommy25(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
freddymanny49:
I was a dullard but now am a successful G-Boy.
na so bro
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by stoic6ix: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
I am here... Now a Lawyer

Thank you God
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by HughWilliams: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
YellowBarStinks:

This is why proper education is a waste of time

I know my networth, i know the networth of my classmates and i know i can buy them

Keep romancing your University degree while i keep making millions

You're nothing but another unemployed lunatic, you will never make it in life

You are truly an illiterate.. Majority are still making it through formal education. You are just an exception. Stop bragging
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Oluwafreshing(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Tahrah:

grin Are you surprised?
well not really. but then life's gone past all that. book she no sabi, skill she no get. na slaying go put food for table abi she wants to use what she has to get what she wants.
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by oruma19: 2:32am On Jun 04, 2017
freddymanny49:
Remember the days when the worst boy/girl performers were disgraced by the principal?

I do remember one who repeated 3 times but now a phd holder in forensic accounting.

Where are they now
it amuses me to see those olodos in class become employers of labour right before our very eyes. there was one in my class that was so dumb that we hated him for being dumb. Alas, he has become a computer Engineer today and doing so well in port Harcourt while many who were brilliant back then in secondary school could not even attend a university. Life is somehow, dont ever conclude on someone's case else u will be ashamed in the later end.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by XaintJoel20: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2017
menxer:
Nobody is truly a Dullard, after all our President is said to be a "Dullard" by some broke-ass-wise-guys.

I didn't understand life back then when I thought little of the other guys in my class that didn't do well in academics, because some of them are now employers of Labour in their businesses, living a comfortable life with their families.

Untill you find and do what you are good at and succeed at it, you are a dullard.

I feel like giving you a million likes,unfortunately Seun only permits one. God Bless You Sir.
Happy Sunday...

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Fuckallmods: 11:01am On Jun 04, 2017
UnimkeAk:

My friend bill gate isnt dull, be dere deceiving ursef
Do u think a dull person can come up with an operating system such as ms.
U think programing is for dull pple.
U dont knowvthe country u are in first. Paper country
I also said intelligence depends on your focus. Bill Gates did not top his class because that's not his focus, rather programming was. What's your problem now?
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by freddymanny49: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2017
One of them i know is a world renowned neurosurgeon in America.
He also ran for president of America this past election.
His name is Dr. Benjamin Oghenebrume Carson.
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by freddymanny49: 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
Like Kanye West, Rick Ross, Eminem, Buhari and my humble self who happened to be a drop out...

sircrabo:
The reason why the so called dullards seem to be doing better is simple. They discovered they weren't academiclly sound and followed their passion on time. They made out time to develop their skills, whether legit ot not. They polished their psychomotor skills nd are sportsmen today, they developed their singing skills and are musicians today ndwhile we were burning 5 yrs in uni, some learnt business within that period and were settled.

Whereas, the bookworms always believe that the system will help them as soon as they graduate. They believe so much in their 1st class and 2.1 and don't see the need lerning aa skill. I once read on niraland that those turning to entrepreneurship are doing so out of joblessness. Upon graduation they are surprised to see that there are few jobs out there and they manage the one they see.

Academic excellence pays but one must also think outside the box. Mark zuckerber, bill gates ... Are intelligent. Thry only made out time to develop the skills thry have

Go to school, study hard but be street wise and open to learning new things, don't be stuck to your degrees
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by yusman14(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
lazeal:
I am a PTI product cool
Hello bro.. please I need to ask some questions concerning PTI..can I have your WhatsApp number?
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by Karlifate: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Where Are The Dullards In Your Class? by lazeal: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2021
yusman14:
Hello bro.. please I need to ask some questions concerning PTI..can I have your WhatsApp number?
wow... man, do you still need answers? I am rarely on this handle.

I will stay on it for next 24 hours because of you. if you see this, quote or mention me with a reply. Sorry, it is late as I am just seeing this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections / Two Chibok Girls Graduate From US High School / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.