Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,663 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Help With Database Management - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Database Management (1270 Views)

Database Management / Volunteering On Database Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Database Management by abbey37(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Programmers here please help me out i work with an establisment that manages files of a large numbers of employees and we want to move from manual operations with files to a computerised system by creating a simple database for a start atleast that would have few important fields (e,g name,position etc),passport photograph and their scanned documents attached to it for each staffs, as the IT person i am saddled wih this responsibility Please programmers help me with simple programmes i could learn within a short while or a way to go about achieving this.
I would greatly appreciates your responses and contributions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help With Database Management by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 03, 2017
A lot of programs can do it. Microsoft access can handle that. Also learn basic SQL programming it would handle that as a piece of cake. This is a very feasible project. But if you need a user interface for it, so non IT staff and management of the company can access and manipulate it. So a simple user interface could be built with very little HTML and CSS, and php can help send the data you are collecting from the front end to the database. Or you could use C# to build the front end, to make it easy for people who don't know SQL to be able to register inputs directly to the database.

You can also build such app completely yourself to you companies structure using Acess, and also add a simple user interface form so others can simply enter and retrieve data on Microsoft Acces without any programming knowledge.That would work for a simple database system and can hold millions of data.
But if you need an advanced system,

I suggest you use HTML, CSS to design user interface, SQL to manipulate database and PHP to send data from HTML front end to database. Its better because it can be turned into a website and staff can register by themselves, and the data can be accessed any where on earth with necessary protection. This is more costly and time and resource demanding.

So decide, Access or C# or HTML, CSS, SQL, PHP

I do Acess, C#/Web development(HTML,CSS,SQL,PHP)and I build database systems

You can PM if you have some questions or if you need me to build the system for you or assist you for an affordable amount.
Re: Help With Database Management by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2017
abbey37:
Programmers here please help me out i work with an establisment that manages files of a large numbers of employees and we want to move from manual operations with files to a computerised system by creating a simple database for a start atleast that would have few important fields (e,g name,position etc),passport photograph and their scanned documents attached to it for each staffs, as the IT person i am saddled wih this responsibility Please programmers help me with simple programmes i could learn within a short while or a way to go about achieving this.
I would greatly appreciates your responses and contributions. Thanks

would recommend you learn database normalization.
Re: Help With Database Management by abbey37(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2017
EBLABOR:
A lot of programs can do it. Microsoft access can handle that. Also learn basic SQL programming it would handle that as a piece of cake. This is a very feasible project. But if you need a user interface for it, so non IT staff and management of the company can access and manipulate it. So a simple user interface could be built with very little HTML and CSS, and php can help send the data you are collecting from the front end to the database. Or you could use C# to build the front end, to make it easy for people who don't know SQL to be able to register inputs directly to the database.

You can also build such app completely yourself to you companies structure using Acess, and also add a simple user interface form so others can simply enter and retrieve data on Microsoft Acces without any programming knowledge.That would work for a simple database system and can hold millions of data.
But if you need an advanced system,

I suggest you use HTML, CSS to design user interface, SQL to manipulate database and PHP to send data from HTML front end to database. Its better because it can be turned into a website and staff can register by themselves, and the data can be accessed any where on earth with necessary protection. This is more costly and time and resource demanding.

So decide, Access or C# or HTML, CSS, SQL, PHP

I do Acess, C#/Web development(HTML,CSS,SQL,PHP)and I build database systems

You can PM if you have some questions or if you need me to build the system for you or assist you for an affordable amount.
Thank you very much sir. I would pm you
Re: Help With Database Management by abbey37(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2017
Ezechinwa:

would recommend you learn database normalization.

Can you further explain what database normalization mean sir?
Thanks for contribution
Re: Help With Database Management by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2017
abbey37:

Thank you very much sir. I would pm you

Thanks.

Email: tlsvjdblov@gmail.com
Re: Help With Database Management by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
abbey37:

Can you further explain what database normalization mean sir?
Thanks for contribution

Database normilization means defining how multiple tables relate with each other, and also how data should be stored, retrieved, deleted and updated in a database, with aim of always ensuring database integrity.

now, from what you explained earlier, your trying to build a database that can solve the problem, but if you don't normilize it properly, you are more likely to face redundant data, inaccurate results.

so, check out some videos on database normilization on YouTube, pleasr note, don't ignore this step and jump straight to uploading data to your database, at the long long you might regreat it.
Re: Help With Database Management by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Get in touch with the Community of Nigerian programmers Online and you can just relax while we get the job done for you https://www.facebook.com/Community-Of-Nigerian-Programmers-Online-589086937790732/

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Android App For Woocommerce Websites / For Beginners Learning To Code / Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.