Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA (4660 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Derailing From His Biafra Agitation By Congratulating Orji Kalu / Re:Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra Secret Service, Before It's Too Late / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra Security Service 'BSS' (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

I have never been in support of Biafra as a country, but an ideology.
Relax I don hear.

And part of that ideology is belittling every one that is not first and foremost an Igbo and does not support the Biafra, as an ideology or as a nation?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Ogalanyachieze: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
Adiola:
that guy you quoted and the op are same person
hmmm na them sabi make them no play with my country

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
When did we say it will be a cake walk?
Have you heard if the word interim before, The interim president for example will organise and oversee elections until people choose for themselves who will rule them. Nothing good in the beginning is easy, when I began learning photoshop for example, I was so confused about everything, but I was determined to learn it, now if somebody sees me using the application, they think I just downloaded it into my head. Why did it prove to be difficult at first? Because it was something new to me, but determination led to success. Don't Underestimate the Biafran man, he is not your average African that waits for the government to spoon feed him. He is self reliant, he is the cheif in his house and respects the fact that your are also the chief in your house, he equally expects you to respect the fact that he is cheif in his own house. With that level of respectwhich js reciprocal, why should I take up arms against a fellow Biafran, the things that happen in Nigeria happens because the north respects no one, as the brits gave them the political power before leaving, now it is either you kowtow them or you will be fvcked.

My brother forming a government in a black African country for the first time is not Photoshop. Electing that first interim president will be WAR talk more of when the people decide who will rule them. From that first interim president, people are already opting out of the union.

The only way Biafra will work according to your plan is for a temporary colony. Where the British, Americans or Asians, will come and colonize us for a short while, install the government, nurture it, make it grow to a high level of maturity, then gradually pull out. Else, we will have a More violent and corrupt nation as Biafra.

Even Nigeria that British left have gotten it all wrong talkless of a new African country starting on their own.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by kingzizzy: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

More Igbos and even promising successful Igbomen have been killed in the east by Igbos than Bokoharam in the North.

Is it the Northerners that kidnap people in the east? How many igbos have come back from Abroad to invest and have been killed by igbos in igboland?

What about those that have died due to lack of healthcare, while igbos in state and local governments divert funds meant for their people's welfare to their pockets?

Your talking about those killed during the war, what about those killed till date by igbos? Who do you blame?

As for Nnamdi kanus and his British passport, how come you can't hold a sensitive government position in Nigeria with dual citizenship? You have to pledge full allegiance to one country.

Someone who is shouting Biafra or Death, should denounce his British citizenship and burn that bridge. So we can be sure we are all in it together.

He was Granted bail on health condition, was it not the same prison he was that others are, eating the same prison food. Is he in hospital now? Have you ever seen him in hospital since he came.out?

He would have remained there and let his followers go. JESUS our Lord, chose to die for us, he let the soldiers take him alone and release his disciples. He did not ask for bail and let them hold his disciples .

It's easier to have a restructured Nigeria than a Biafran country.

If you form a country based on this hate, nobody will relate with you, and you will be treated as an enemy. The moment you live Nigeria all ties are broken, whatever happens in the process of forming your imaginary holly corruption- free Biafran Government is up to you.

Forming a government is not as easy as you think, especially with the black African Igbo people.

Better think Twice.

You are not making any sense. What has Kanus British passport got to do with his belief in Nigeria? Kanu is a freedom freedom fighter not a politician. The main reason for Biafra has never worked and will never work. Even a fool who tried the same thing over and over again and is not working will try something new.

This is not about Nnamdi Kanu, this about self determination. As I said before, Scotland is part of Britain, the 5th richest country in the world. Despite the fact Britain practices resource control real federalism, despite all the advantage of being part of one the richest nations in the world, Scotland still agitated that they want to go. Britain as the civilised country it put it to a referendum. Britain did not say 'we must be one Britain!', 'our unity is indivisible!', 'we will charge for treason!', 'we will go to war'.

It was during the referendum debate that Scotland weighed the pros and cons of leaving Britain and voted to stay. The important thing here was that Scotlands right to self determination was fully respected. The same Britain used referendum to leave the EU last year.

But when you come to Nigeria, we act like we are barbarians. Whenever any group oeacefully agitates for independence, we will roll out the military, gun some of them down, arrest others, charge them for treason and keep shouting an outdated slogan called 'one Nigeria'. Yet we dream about one day being as great as Britain while doing the opposite of what they do.

The same Britain are the ones who created Nigeria but they are not killing each other to be together.

It is your right to disagree with Biafra. What is not your right is to be against anyones right of self determination.

If anyone feels that what Kanu is saying is wrong, support a referendum let everyone decide. Unity by force will not lead Nigeria anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
There is an organogram that IPOB released about three or four months ago. That organogram is the foundation and all Biafrans agreed, both Massob and IPOB members, it isa parliamentary system with checks and balances everywhere, ie there will be a president and a prime minister, the prime minister is the head of government and the president is a ceremonial president, the PARLIAMENT ELECTS THE PRIME MINISTER FROM AMONG THEMSELVES, THEN THE PRESIDENT CONFIRMS HIM OR HER, THE PRESIDENT WILL BE ELECTED BY THE TRADITIONAL CHEIVES. Every Nation within Biafra controls its own territory with thier OWN laws and their own parliament and is independent from the others or the central government, only they cannot have thier own embassy or currency or army, THEY WILL DO THEIR OWN THINGS, CREATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE LGA AS THEY DEEM FIT AND WILL SOURCE FOR FUNDS ON THEIR OWN, IF UNEMPLOYMENT GOES OVER 10% THE PRIME MINISTER RESIGNS! I wonder where the fualty foundation is, is it not the same as a country like Italy or Japan? Just that here we have not one king but several that will choose who becomes their head chief.
The content of the document is quite large so I wish you will go through it for tourself, for this is how I understand thr little I can remember.
So Biafra is going to run a confederato - Parliamento - traditionalo - presidential system of government?
Very indigenously ingenious.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
kingzizzy:

You are not making any sense. What has Kanus British passport got to do with his belief in Nigeria? Kanu is a freedom freedom fighter not a politician. The main reason for Biafra has never worked and will never work. Even a fool who tried the same thing over and over again and is not working will try something new.

This is not about Nnamdi Kanu, this about self determination. As I said before, Scotland is part of Britain, the 5th richest country in the world. Despite the fact Britain practices resource control real federalism, despite all the advantage of being part of one the richest nations in the world, Scotland still agitated that they want to go. Britain as the civilised country it put it to a referendum. Britain did not say 'we must be one Britain!', 'our unity is indivisible!', 'we will charge for treason!', 'we will go to war'.

It was during the referendum debate that Scotland weighed the pros and cons of leaving Britain and voted to stay. The important thing here was that Scotlands right to self determination was fully respected. The same Britain used referendum to leave the EU last year.

But when you come to Nigeria, we act like we are barbarians. Whenever any group oeacefully agitates for independence, we will roll out the military, gun some of them down, arrest others, charge them for treason and keep shouting an outdated slogan called 'one Nigeria'. Yet we dream about one day being as great as Britain while doing the opposite of what they do.

The same Britain are the ones who created Nigeria but they are not killing each other to be together.

It is your right to disagree with Biafra. What is not your right is to be against anyones right of self determination.

If anyone feels that what Kanu is saying is wrong, support a referendum let everyone decide. Unity by force will not lead Nigeria anywhere

I don't have a problem with a call for referendum. The countries you made mention of a develop, there reasoning is different from ours. They have a working system and if the decide to pull out they just continue with their system as it is.

I am trying to enlighten you on the dangers of the Biafra you seek, so you look well before jump. You don't have a working system of government already, when.You are allowed to go, then you come and start building a government and test running as a nation in this present age and time?

Let's hope a referendum comes then you will understand why those who fought for Biafra, are calling for restructuring and not a nation.

Listen Nnia nwodo, the leader of Ohaneze. When they paint the pictures of biafra on paper, it looks wonderful, until it's time to form the government of the nation.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
menxer:

So Biafra is going to run a confederato - Parliamento - traditionalo - presidential system of government?

I wonder oo. Combine every.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Genius100: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

That is the wrong foundation. UK exited for their gain and not to destroy any tribe.

Guy, why we you even entertaining the notion that UK exiting EU is like Biafra secession. UK exiting EU is like Nigeria exiting Ecowas.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
menxer:

One has to organise himself according to his custom. So that you don't throw away your traditional aspect of life.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Genius100:

Guy, why we you even entertaining the notion that UK exiting EU is like Biafra secession. UK exiting EU is like Nigeria exiting Ecowas.

Before they made you nigerian, were you or your grandfather or great grandfather consulted?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Emirofsambisa1: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

My brother forming a government in a black African country for the first time is not Photoshop. Electing that first interim president will be WAR talk more of when the people decide who will rule them. From that first interim president, people are already opting out of the union.

The only way Biafra will work according to your plan is for a temporary colony. Where the British, Americans or Asians, will come and colonize us for a short while, install the government, nurture it, make it grow to a high level of maturity, then gradually pull out. Else, we will have a More violent and corrupt nation as Biafra.

Even Nigeria that British left have gotten it all wrong talkless of a new African country starting on their own.

This is grossly disappointing. Your education is wasted

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Emirofsambisa1:

This is grossly disappointing. Your education is wasted

I guess it's the illiterates that have been governing the Igbos that have looted public funds, and abandoned projects everywhere.

It's an illiterate like my self that was the governor in Enugu state, when money was filled inside a water tank.

Is lack of education the reason Nigeria is a still underdeveloped and third world country?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Emirofsambisa1: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

I guess it's the illiterates that have been governing the Igbos that have looted public funds, and abandoned projects everywhere.

It's an illiterate like my self that was the governor in Enugu state, when money was filled inside a water tank.

Is lack of education the reason Nigeria is a still underdeveloped and third world country?

I have been reading all the comments and trying to see the sense in what you are trying to say but I couldn't. The Nigerian system permits corruption, Simple! Then romancing with colonialism? That was gross. When America gained independence, did they get colonised by France or consulted your ancestors? Don't make the black race a laughing stock

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
One has to organise himself according to his custom. So that you don't throw away your traditional aspect of life.
That's exactly what is holding back northern Nigeria from developing, despite the fact that they control or always want to be in control of the federal government and its resources all of the time, their traditional conservative views on certain aspect of life, which is at variance with the rest of the country's progressive views.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
menxer:

That's exactly what is holding back northern Nigeria from developing, despite the fact that they control or always want to be in control of the federal government and its resources all of the time, their traditional conservative views on certain aspect of life, which is at variance with the rest of the country's progressive views.
That is not what I am talking about. Look at Japan, despite all the high rise building and technological advancement, they still do not let their culture die, in fact the Emperor Akihito, is the custodian of the Japanese culture and language, they know where they are going but still do not forget where they are comming from. How about Qatar, Thailand, Britain, I think Holland, Denmark, Sweden, even Morocco and Jordan, arent these countries developed? But the king or queen is very much alive.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by obailala(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:
Lack of infrastructure ?

What have your governors been doing with their allocation over the years ?You watch them share the resources of Biafra among themselves, buy property abroad, send their children abroad. They award contracts at unimaginable prices to their friends and even abandon these contracts after payment. You look the other way, and Nnamdi Kanu will tell you to hate the Hausa and Yoruba, and blame them for your problem . It is even the EFCC led by people from outside Biafra that are coming to investigate and catch your leaders that have been looting your Biafran Land.
I asked this very bolded question to a friend recently and his response was epic; the response was "we have bad/unpatriotic/unfocused/clueless leaders all over Igbo land today because our leaders have always been chosen and influenced by the Yorubas and Hausas. But that when Biafra comes, we would ensure we choose only good/focused/patriotic people to lead without the Yoruba and Hausa influence."

As shocking and embarrassingly silly as the answer above is, this was the exact same response Nnamdi Kanu gave when he was asked the exact question by an elder some 2 years ago.

It doesn't take much to realise that the 'loudest' Biafran chanters are just the illiterate common men on the streets who need others to do their thinking for them. A typical example of the intellectual laziness of the chanters is their usual belief that anyone who thinks differently from them must be 'afonja.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
obailala:
I asked this very bolded question to a friend recently and his response was epic; the response was "we have bad/unpatriotic/unfocused/clueless leaders all over Igbo land today because our leaders have always been chosen and influenced by the Yorubas and Hausas. But that when Biafra comes, we would ensure we choose only good/focused/patriotic people to lead without the Yoruba and Hausa influence."

As shocking and embarrassingly silly as the answer above is, this was the exact same response Nnamdi Kanu gave when he was asked the exact question by an elder some 2 years ago.

It doesn't take much to realise that the 'loudest' Biafran chanters are just the illiterate common men on the streets who need others to do their thinking for them. A typical example of the intellectual laziness of the chanters is their usual belief that anyone who thinks differently from them must be 'afonja.'

That is the same response i get everyday when i ask the agitators the same question . Its really a pity, that Igbos dont know where the rain started beating them.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by obailala(m): 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

That is the same response i get everyday when i ask the agitators the same question . Its really a pity, that Igbos dont know where the rain started beating them.
The most painful part of it all is the criminal silence of the intellectuals that should be guiding the ship.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
obailala:
The most painful part of it all is the criminal silence of the intellectuals that should be guiding the ship.

I thank GOD for the current leader of Ohaneze Ndigbo, who has be truthful out the igbo marginalization of Igbos and restructuring as a better option .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
That is not what I am talking about. Look at Japan, despite all the high rise building and technological advancement, they still do not let their culture die, in fact the Emperor Akihito, is the custodian of the Japanese culture and language, they know where they are going but still do not forget where they are comming from. How about Qatar, Thailand, Britain, I think Holland, Denmark, Sweden, even Morocco and Jordan, arent these countries developed? But the king or queen is very much alive.
But that is exactly what you are saying, those countries you mentioned have been able to adapt their culture to fit their prevailing progressive mindset of today or is it adapted their progressive mindset to fit their culture? But, which ever way, they are not conservative in their thinking or reactive in their doings.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by bitcoinvin(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
ESDKING:
I stopped reading this poo when he said the foundation of Biafra struggle is faulty.

Ndi ara.

no be small ndi ara!!!!!
Madness!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
menxer:

But that is exactly what you are saying, those countries you mentioned have been able to adapt their culture to fit their prevailing progressive mindset of today or is it adapted their progressive mindset to fit their culture? But, which ever way, they are not conservative in their thinking or reactive in their doings.
I don't even understand what your are saying, to right to the left. Je ne comprend rien. The north being ultra conservative has absolutely nothing to do with what I am saying. We should preserve our cultural values, and language. Look foward but don't forget where you are comming from. You yoruba people will always try to twist things and put words into people's mouths, all for political gains.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
I don't even understand what your are saying, to right to the left. Je ne comprend rien. The north being ultra conservative has absolutely nothing to do with what I am saying. We should preserve our cultural values, and language. Look foward but don't forget where you are comming from. You yoruba people will always try to twist things and put words into people's mouths, all for political gains.
Well, why do you think they use Hausa language in teaching in schools there?

Does language not have cultural value?

You should try defending your opinion in a social discourse without recourse to tribal taunt that is uncalled for.

Besides, I am a Nigerian of Ibibio extraction.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by menxer: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
Adiola:
that guy you quoted and the op are same person
You don't mean it!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Nwakaumu(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

have you held your own leaders accountable too,or are you not a Nigerian, because the last time I checked nigeria is rated among the most corrupt countries in the world.Oh,hypocrite you are waiting for Igbo to come and do it for you too.shameless people when they talk you would think that their situation is better than others,while in reality their region is littered with brown roofs and IDP camps.cowards.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nwakaumu:
have you held your own leaders accountable too,or are you not a Nigerian, because the last time I checked nigeria is rated among the most corrupt countries in the world.Oh,hypocrite you are waiting for Igbo to come and do it for you too.shameless people when they talk you would think that their situation is better than others,while in reality their region is littered with brown roofs and IDP camps.cowards.

I am Igbo, so i dont know what your talking about. They loot our state and you turn a blind eye, calling for Biafra. If you cant take care of or account for the allocation you get from Nigeria for your state and region, is it the Biafra own that you will account for ?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by Sector16(m): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

The same governors and senators that have stolen your resources in Nigeria will use their money to campaign and win elections in Biafra. So what's the difference?

The same election rigging in Nigeria will occur in Biafra and the same looting continues.
fine, let it continue. We want Biafra and that's final, have u ever seen a woman that is completely fed up with her marriage before? She throws every caution to the wind, that's the situation right now. We want Biafra whether good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
menxer:

Well, why do you think they use Hausa language in teaching in schools there?

Does language not have cultural value?

You should try defending your opinion in a social discourse without recourse to tribal taunt that is uncalled for.

Besides, I am a Nigerian of Ibibio extraction.
then stop reasoning like yoruba people, and please go and tell that to Mao Tse Tung that for his country to progress, they need to start speaking only English a forget about chinese.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

I am Igbo, so i dont know what your talking about. They loot our state and you turn a blind eye, calling for Biafra. If you cant take care of or account for the allocation you get from Nigeria for your state and region, is it the Biafra own that you will account for ?
why don't you go and hold them responsible? What are you waiting for? Abeg swerve!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2017
GrandGarcon:
why don't you go and hold them responsible? What are you waiting for? Abeg swerve!

That's the same thing you will say in Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by GrandGarcon: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2017
mekaboy:

That's the same thing you will say in Biafra.
Which one of the governors did you vote? Are they not imposed on the electorate? They are not there for you but for their godfathers. How about killing several birds with one stone? In case Biafra dey vex you, hang ya self.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His BIAFRA by mekaboy(m): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Which one of the governors did you vote? Are they not imposed on the electorate? They are not there for you but for their godfathers. How about killing several birds with one stone? In case Biafra dey vex you, hang ya self.

So it's Hausa and yoruba that imposed the governors on igbos abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Saraki Snubs IGP Idris At Armed Forces Remembrance Day - Vanguard / US Visa: Reps Panel Chair Nkem-abonta Attacked Me Over Punch’s Report - Activist / Saraki Wins Kwara Central, Retains His Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.