Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided (2732 Views)

Late Joshua Ocholi’s Dream That Was So Cut Short / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by smile11s(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
i had a dream last night that Nigeria divided into three nations

the Islamic Republic of Nigeria
with capital in Abuja
United States of Nigeria - Igbo and Niger delta with capital in portharcort
Oduduwa republic with capital in Lagos

Everyone welcomed the new development both and and abroad,

1 Like

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Ellyptical: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
Nice!
Though I think it will/should be like this

The Islamic Republic of Arewa with capital in Abuja
Niger Delta Republic - Niger delta with capital in Port-Harcort*
Biafra - with the capital somewhere within the eastern states
Oduduwa Republic with capital in Lagos*

*The Niger Delta will likely not want to take Edo State along. Edo will dangle in-between but will be pushed to Oduduwa.

*I just pity Gowon (Plateau) and the Benue people. The hausas with their oppressive.invasive nature will invade and jihadise their towns and cities like they are currently doing in Jos and their will be no Christian majority in the south to scream blue murder. By then the easterners will look at Gowon (who is s Christian) with his house being burnt by jihadists and tell him 'Should we come and fight them for you? . . . he he'

1 Like

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by madamL(f): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2010
This dream will not come to pass. We must all be together as one unhappy family, hating each other and wishing we were apart. Is that not the meaning of ONE NIGERIA?
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by RichyBlacK(m): 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ellyptical:

Nice!
Though I think it will/should be like this

The Islamic Republic of Arewa with capital in Abuja
Biafra - with the capital somewhere within the eastern states
Oduduwa Republic with capital in Lagos*

*The Niger Delta will likely not want to take Edo State along. Edo will dangle in-between but will be pushed to Oduduwa.

*I just pity Gowon (Plateau) and the Benue people. The hausas with their oppressive.invasive nature will invade and jihadise their towns and cities like they are currently doing in Jos and their will be no Christian majority in the south to scream blue murder. By then the easterners will look at Gowon (who is s Christian) with his house being burnt by jihadists and tell him 'Should we come and fight them for you? . . .  he he'

Biafra's capital should be Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by chosen04(f): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2010
madam L:

This dream will not come to pass. We must all be together as one unhappy family, hating each other and wishing we were apart. Is that not the meaning of ONE NIGERIA?

The best family is the "UNHAPPY" one. Thats why Nigeria is the "best country" in the world.

Smiling but unhappy people.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by sammyzacks(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2010
THE STRUCTURE SHOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:

ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA

MIDDLE BELT REPUBLIC

ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

BIAFRAN REPUBLIC

NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by RichyBlacK(m): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
sammyzacks:

THE STRUCTURE SHOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:

ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA

MIDDLE BELT REPUBLIC

ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

BIAFRAN REPUBLIC

NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC

Who or wat states will be in the Niger Delta Republic?
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by sammyzacks(m): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2010
@RICHYBLACK

BAYELSA, RIVERS, AKWA IBOM, CROSS RIVERS, DELTA AND EDO- NIGER DELTA

kADUNA SOUTH, PLATEAU NASSARAWA, BENUE, TARABA,KOGI, ADAMAWA SOUTH, ABUJA -MIDDLE BELT

KADUNA NORTH, KATSINA, KANO, ZAMFARA, SOKOTO, KEBBI, BORNO, YOBE, BAUCHI, GOMBE, ADAMAWA NORTH,- ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

OYO, LAGOS, OSUN, GUN, EKITI, ONDO- ODUDUWA

ENUGU, ABIA, EBONYI, IMO,-BIAFRA
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by desgiezd(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
madam L:

This dream will not come to pass. We must all be together as [size=14pt]one unhappy family[/size], [size=14pt]hating each other[/size] and [size=14pt]wishing we were apart[/size]. Is that not the meaning of ONE NIGERIA?

Whaoo!! I cant resist laughing.

Please, who authored the Nigerian dictionary?
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by enohj2ee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fellow Nigerians, let it be known to all of us that God is our President, and our Guide, so whether dream no dream, Nigeria shall be one for life. I guest you guys talking and dreaming of division don't know what its? well Dont even dream becos it wont happy.

let pray and believe God, and stop criticism. Judge not so you shall not be judge.

The system is tight to branches and leaves so how are you doing in your family or even office. if you can change your family will change, and if your family can change, your community and then Nigeria. let all change our thinking

Thanks
Jon
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Isa4ril(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
This is the preamble of the Constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, i hate it, i swear to God i hate it, i hate it when i see thing like this, i hate it when i see fellow Nigerian instead of thinking about how to make this great country a home for all you, the dreamer are thinking and dreaming of dividing this country. I swear it is a shame on you, a shame on your dream, a shame on all those idiots who in turn contributed stupidly in translating your most falastic dream. This is not a time of such dogmatic and mu mu dreams, this is a time where our positive thinkings should be employed. A shame, a BIG SHAME on that man or rather boy who sat on his punk ass and stupidly suggested that the Northern states will subjugate Benue and other minority ethic groups who will fall within the northern states.
Nigeria is a land of opportunities, a home for the weak, an abode for all where peoples of diverse cultures have agreed to live in peace, unity and harmony, where the strong defend the weak and the rich afford for the poor, a land blessed by God for a purpose. This is us we are the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
There will be nothing like dividing Nigeria and if in the nearest future there will be such an event, then lets all pray that it will be for the best interest of all Nigerians. As a political scientist, i am trained to resolve such falastic thinkings and by the Grace of his Grace we will respond to such thinkings promptly.
God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Carry the message along, it is one philosophy we have refuse to oblige to.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Isa4ril(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
"We the people of the Federal republic of Nigeria, having firmly and solemnly resolved to live in unity as one indivisible, in solable sovereign nation under God"
This is the preamble of the Constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, i hate it, i swear to God i hate it, i hate it when i see thing like this, i hate it when i see fellow Nigerian instead of thinking about how to make this great country a home for all you, the dreamer are thinking and dreaming of dividing this country. I swear it is a shame on you, a shame on your dream, a shame on all those idiots who in turn contributed stupidly in translating your most elastic dream. This is not a time of such dogmatic and mu mu dreams, this is a time where a our positive thinkings should be employed. A shame, a BIG SHAME on that man or rather boy who sat on his punk ass and stupidly suggested that the Northern states will subjugate Benue and other minority ethic groups who will fall within the northern states.
Nigeria is a land of opportunities, a home for the weak, an abode for all where peoples of diverse cultures have agreed to live in peace, unity and harmony, where the strong defend the weak and the rich afford for the poor, a land blessed by God for a purpose. This is us we are the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
There will be nothing like dividing Nigeria and if in the nearest future there will be such an event, then lets all pray that it will be for the best interest of all Nigerians. As a political scientist, i am trained to resolve such falastic thinkings and by the Grace of his Grace we will respond to such thinkings promptly.
God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Carry the message along, it is one philosophy we have refuse to oblige to.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by RichyBlacK(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
sammyzacks:

@RICHYBLACK

BAYELSA, RIVERS, AKWA IBOM, CROSS RIVERS, DELTA AND EDO- NIGER DELTA

kADUNA SOUTH, PLATEAU NASSARAWA, BENUE, TARABA,KOGI, ADAMAWA SOUTH, ABUJA -MIDDLE BELT

KADUNA NORTH, KATSINA, KANO, ZAMFARA, SOKOTO, KEBBI, BORNO, YOBE, BAUCHI, GOMBE, ADAMAWA NORTH,- ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

OYO, LAGOS, OSUN, GUN, EKITI, ONDO- ODUDUWA

ENUGU, ABIA, EBONYI, IMO,-BIAFRA

1. Anambra State is missing!

2. Kwara State is in hiding!

3. Jigawa State nko?

4. Why do you find it convenient to split some states up and not others?

5. Why shouldn't Delta and Rivers States be split so that Ndi-Igbo in those states can join their brethren in Biafra? I mean you had no qualms splitting up Kaduna into Middle-Belt and Islamic Republic for demographic convenience, so how come that same demographic logic is not applied in the case of Ndi-Igbo?

6. Will you split the missing Kwara State because of the sizable Yoruba population in it, so that they can join Oduduwa Republic?

7. How come Kogi State is not split so that the Yorubas there can join their brethren in Oduduwa Republic?

1 Like

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by selencious(f): 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
lolzzzzz, This is so funny.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by JNdupu: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
More questions:

Chei, Biafra is landlocked oh? They must now pay tax to Niger Delta to use Port , Make we go grab Portharcourt by force, wey my ogbunigwe?
Islamic Republic don grab Kainji and Shiroro and dey wan build anoda dam for R Niger , We no gree oh, wey my shakabula?
All those fine fine houses we build for Abuja come land Middle Belt , Chei, We no gree oh, wey my machete?
Edo people dey cry because Ijaw go pepper there yansh and dey no go ever see oil money , chei, wey my bindiga?
Anioma must grab capital for Niger Delta, but una no get oil , na lie, god punish una, wey all the kill-and-go?
All non-Oduduwans must vacate Lagos , oya wey de Agbekoyas?

See - fight don start.

RichyBlacK:

1. Anambra State is missing!

2. Kwara State is in hiding!

3. Jigawa State nko?

4. Why do you find it convenient to split some states up and not others?

5. Why shouldn't Delta and Rivers States be split so that Ndi-Igbo in those states can join their brethren in Biafra? I mean you had no qualms splitting up Kaduna into Middle-Belt and Islamic Republic for demographic convenience, so how that same demographic logic is not applied in the case of Ndi-Igbo?

6. Will you split the missing Kwara State because of the sizable Yoruba population in it, so that they can join Oduduwa Republic?

7. How come Kogi State is not split so that the Yorubas there can join their brethren in Oduduwa Republic?

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Ellyptical: 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
JNdupu:

More questions:

Chei, Biafra is landlocked oh? They must now pay tax to Niger Delta to use Port , Make we go grab Portharcourt by force, wey my ogbunigwe?
Islamic Republic don grab Kainji and Shiroro and dey wan build anoda dam for R Niger , We no gree oh, wey my shakabula?
All those fine fine houses we build for Abuja come land Middle Belt , Chei, We no gree oh, wey my machete?
Edo people dey cry because Ijaw go pepper there yansh and dey no go ever see oil money , chei, wey my bindiga?
Anioma must grab capital for Niger Delta, but una no get oil , na lie, god punish una, wey all the kill-and-go?

See - fight don start.

The next governor of Anambra (irrespective of who it is) has been tasked to dredge the Niger. Once that is done, we have access to the Ocean.
Bye.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by JNdupu: 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2010
Maybe so, but you will still pay tax to Niger Deltans on whose territory your ships pass. You must keep them sweet forever because one day, they will vex and cut you off fiam. Unless of course you go to war to secure your passage.

Ellyptical:

The next governor of Anambra (irrespective of who it is) has been tasked to dredge the Niger. Once that is done, we have access to the Ocean.
Bye.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by nduchucks: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
JNdupu:

More questions:

See - fight don start.

People wey no sabi how to control traffic for their home towns or how to line up for petrol queue without wahala, dey here dey design new nations.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by chosen04(f): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2010
Isa4ril:

"We the people of the Federal republic of Nigeria, having firmly and solemnly resolved to live in unity as one indivisible, in solable sovereign nation under God"
This is the preamble of the Constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, i hate it, i swear to God i hate it, i hate it when i see thing like this

Am beginning to see. This is Lord Lugard talking?

Pls who are the "WE" in the preamble?

**** "land of the raising sun" *****
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by ezeagu(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ellyptical:

I just want to see how the Ikwerre will hand over Diobu to the Ijaw, etc, or maybe you're implying that the Ikwerre will join the ND, in that case it will be interesting to see the long hated Ikwerre join the long hating Ijaw, etc. I'd give the country 5 years before Ikwerre is absorbed by Igbo, if they will not already be with the Igbo.

JNdupu:

Maybe so, but you will still pay tax to Niger Deltans on whose territory your ships pass.  You must keep them sweet forever because one day, they will vex and cut you off fiam.  Unless of course you go to war to secure your passage.

Is the Igbo speaking Bonny (who own Bonny river which gives Port Harcourt major access to the sea) or the Igbo speaking (and rooted) Opobo that will tax the Igbo speaking regions?

Remember, the surname of the founder of Opobo is Jubogha.

Hmm,  I wonder.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Goldmind1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
All these write-ups show that Ojukwu wasn't wrong in 1967.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2010
Go back to sleep and get a better dream
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by chosen04(f): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2010
Gold-mind:

All these write-ups show that Ojukwu wasn't wrong in 1967.

The young man of 33yrs then saw the future.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Sparkles3: 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
A country cannot divide without a War! lipsrsealed

I pray your dream doesnt come to pass
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Ellyptical: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2010
*Sparkles~:

You are wrong man!
Sudanese president just offered to conduct an election that will allow the south to secede if they vote in favor of that. Okay?
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by princekevo(m): 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
*Sparkles~:

What an ignarant statement? How many wars canada faught to break out of US? How many countries under formal USSR faught a war before they become a sovreign state?
You and i knows as of today that the One Nigeria has never and shall never be a reality. We are jst pushing it in pretence to make it work, and i wonder how long we are gonna push it.

My brother no dey post anything abt that Una yeye constitution here.
How many people from their heart solemnly agreed on that?
Is it not the same constitution some group of Nigerians refused to apply jst becoz it doesn not favour them?
Go to tirbal section and see the gravity of hatred we have for ourself in Nigeria. You might say NL is different from Nigeria, but i tell you that the one physically in Nigeria is great than what u see here on NL, but covered under pretence. One Nigeria indeed, we should stop mocking ourselves.
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by ud4u: 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
This is a funny thread but come to think of it, are we worthy to be called on entity from the height of this tribalism going on in this country
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by smile11s(m): 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2010
I keep having this dream every night. I think I am sent by God to redeem Nigeria in realizing this dream!. Help plz
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by tayoast(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
its not a dream, its gonna become reality if we do not change our perspective of patriotism.

instead of us to think of wats gonna be good for Nigeria, we put our regions/zones/states first!

its imminent
Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by Katsumoto: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
ndu_chucks:

People wey no sabi how to control traffic for their home towns or how to line up for petrol queue without wahala, dey here dey design new nations.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Your comment is very disingenuous. The reason that things don't work in Nigeria is not because there are no qualified professionals, it is because corrupt, vision-less, and incompetent politicians and soldiers of the past will not afford them the opportunity. Fashola is a testament to that fact. There are several qualified citizens in all the states who can develop their states but the blood-thirsty cabal will not let them.

With regards to your second comment, every society requires law and order to function properly. Do you think that European societies would be so peaceful without law and order? Why are lawless Africans so well behaved when they get to Europe? Why do Europeans jump queues in Africa? If the society functions properly and our refineries were not damaged, would citizens have to fight each other to buy fuel?

Sometimes you sound like a member of the Hausa/Fulani cabal that has been holding this nation to ransom since Independence.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided by nduchucks: 1:37am On Feb 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Your comment is very disingenuous. The reason that things don't work in Nigeria is not because there are no qualified professionals, it is because corrupt, vision-less, and incompetent politicians and soldiers of the past will not afford them the opportunity. Fashola is a testament to that fact. There are several qualified citizens in all the states who can develop their states but the blood-thirsty cabal will not let them.

Katsumoto, it appears you are overreacting to a tongue-in-cheek statement which was in direct response to another tongue-in-cheek post. By now you should have come across several posts wherein I blamed Nigeria's woes on the corrupt, vision-less, and incompetent politicians and soldiers of the past and of the present as well -  I call them the elite who hail from North, South, East, and West alike. I take that stance unlike several forumites who blame everything on Northerners.  I sincerely believe that breaking up the country will not solve our problems, we need to get rid of the said thieving elite in addition to making some important constitutional changes.

I'm not sure what you meant my my second statement which you referred to in your second paragraph. abi you are an ajebutter that can't read pigin english ni? There was only one statement in that post.

With regards to your second comment, every society requires law and order to function properly. Do you think that European societies would be so peaceful without law and order? Why are lawless Africans so well behaved when they get to Europe? Why do Europeans jump queues in Africa? If the society functions properly and our refineries were not damaged, would citizens have to fight each other to buy fuel?

No one doubt's the fact that we have very significant law and order issues in Nigeria. I kind of like your defense of behaviors such as jumping queues in Nigeria and the way you linked it to law and order issues. Some would add that such behaviors are due to being uncivilized, a notion that is quite debatable. Good job.

Sometimes you sound like a member of the Hausa/Fulani cabal that has been holding this nation to ransom since Independence.

This one is a cheap shot.  I no belong to any thieving cabal o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Governor Fashola Becoming A Bad Governor? By Uzoma Ahamefule. / U.S Professor Says Ebola Is A Weapon Developed By The U.S Being Used On Africans / Rivers 2015: The Exit Of Gov Amaechi - Who Succed Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.