Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 03/06/2017 Give God The Glory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 03/06/2017 Give God The Glory (234 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 03/06/2017 Give God The Glory by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 2017
GIVE GOD THE GLORY
READ PSALM 19:1-6
MEMORISE: I am the LORD, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images. (Isaiah 42:cool

Glory speaks of the splendour, beauty or majesty of a person or something. In a deeper sense, it is the praise and thanksgiving offered as an act of worship to God. God is the glorious king, the eternal Father. No man can behold His face. No earthly king equals Him in splendour. The beauty of His creatures attests to His majesty. The beautiful plants, wonderful birds, colourful peacocks, ornamental flowers, shining stars, brightness of the breaking dawn, beauty of the setting dusk, the wonderfully and fearfully made man, different fishes in the oceans, etc. are proofs of God’s wonder, glory, awe, and majesty.
Giving glory to God is the biggest thing that man is designed for, now and in eternity. God commands that the whole world adores Him. Does man have any option? No. Yet, man prefers to go against the will of God. He results to worshipping his own image and the image of other creatures. So many people have given in to atheistic philosophy, evolution and some other forms of knowledge that defy or lightly esteem the awesome knowledge of God. The bitter truth is that, anyone who refuses to worship God will definitely learn it the hard way. Such might have to take tutorials from Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Herod and some other disgruntled elements, who never recognised God, until He showed His true colour to them. Should you wait till then before you give God the glory due Him? Your sincere resolution should be never to steal God’s glory or rob Him of His honour. Exhort Him above all things. Allow His will to count in your life. Let Him use you, and do not try to take credits for His deeds done through you.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, don’t let pride ruin my life, like it destroyed the devil.
2. Lord, deliver us from all forms of knowledge that do not glorify You in the world.
3. Lord, fill Your Church with the Spirit of true worship.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Hebrews 11

(1) (Reply)

Practice Good Stewardship / You Are Directed / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 21/6/2017 Career Versus Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.