Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance (2528 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me! / Fashion Designer Gives Her Fiance Doggy Pose In Pre-wedding Photos / Lady Gives Her Fiance Doggy-style Pose In Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by kateskitty(f): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
So my friend just called to tell me this bad news.

She's been dating this guy for over a year now and he has proposed.
Turns out he left for another state to hustle and things were going fine, he promised to do the introduction this year and so on.

Along the line, she demanded that she needed some money to start up a business which he agreed to.
After giving her the money, things started to change.
He stopped calling and texting as usual.

Then one day out of nowhere, he tells her she should manage the business very well that he has settled her.
My friend was shocked by those words, what does he mean by settled her?
She asked him to explain further and he said he was no longer interested in the marriage, he's not ready to get married and she should take the money for the business as a form of compensation for wasting her time.

Now she's torn, heartbroken and confused. She claims she can't even continue with the business because he was the one who inspired her to give it a try and now without him it's not the same.

She still loves him and is ready to give him back every thing he spent to setup the business just to have him back.

My question now is, why invest so much into someone if he didn't want to rip the fruit..who does that..
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by kateskitty(f): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Mimzyy(f): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
The title of your thread is misleading...

Well, back to the topic. ShÌt happens and there's no point crying over split milk, dude is probably seeing someone else so he's lost interest in her you. It's quite hard to maintain a LDR in my opinion. She You should just move on already.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
I swear! I thought death was involved. You mean, your friend's fiancé dumped her?

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Chidonc(m): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
menh, him try oo, settle her self unto person serve oga 4 7yrs, ur frnd shld move on, a failed relationshp is beta dan a broken marriage.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by eezeribe(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
kateskitty:

Turns out he left for another state to hustle and things were going fine, he promised to do the introduction this year and so on.

Along the line, she demanded that she needed some money to start up a business which he agreed to.

Then one day out of nowhere, he tells her she should manage the business very well that he has settled her.
She asked him to explain further and he said he was no longer interested in the marriage, he's not ready to get married and she should take the money for the business as a form of compensation for wasting her time.

Now she's torn, heartbroken and confused. She claims she can't even continue with the business because he was the one who inspired her to give it a try and now without him it's not the same.

She still loves him and is ready to give him back every thing he spent to setup the business just to have him back.

My question now is, why invest so much into someone if he didn't want to rip the fruit..who does that..
Why should she collect money from him to start a business...
Is she an orphan
The main reason why your friend is sad is because she has lost her source of livelihood(her 'fiance')

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by ojun50(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
Op did any body die?
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sadly, during all this time, he discovers a side of this babe that turned him off.... Why would she want to give the money back now?! As if the money is the issue?! Its just compensation for her
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by jashar(f): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
Abeg, this your title is misleading. Why not say,'My Friend's Fiancé just called it off' or something along that line?

Anyways, when I read she demanded..., she did wrong there. A lady shouldn't be making demands on a man she ain't married too. Even in marriage sef, a lady shouldn't be demanding from her husband.

Tell her ndo ooo from Jashar. cheesy

She had berra keep the business if she ain't got nothing else at hand though....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
Your title ehhhh angry , I was mourning the man before I opened the thread sef. cry

Wooz wooz wobi, tell her to hold on to her money and continue with the business biko. If she dares return it, she don lose for both ends be that because I'm sure, dude won't take her back.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hmmm am just calming myself down nawa oh .op please don't try that again I mean using lost in this situation.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
if i had not read the full story, i would think her fiance die or sometin like.

well, the guy feel remorseful dat's why he invests in her so d lady won't loose in both ways.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Stevengerd(m): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Pls Let Start Using Our Brain When Givin Threads Title. See Has My Heart Cut Sha, With Wetin Dey Ground Sey Dem Beat Juvetus. U Wan Kon Make Matter Worst Again. Take Ur Time Oh!!!
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by lazeal: 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
kateskitty:

check well, something about her turned him off. Ask your friend to tell you the truth.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
I can't marry I girl who's already a liability even before the wedding. Kudos to the guy, he just relieved his self of that burden

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by obyrich(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
jashar:
Abeg, this your title is misleading. Why not say,'My Friend's Fiancé just called it off' or something along that line?

Anyways, when I read she demanded..., she did wrong there. A lady shouldn't be making demands on a man she ain't married too. Even in marriage sef, a lady shouldn't be demanding from her husband.

Tell her ndo ooo from Jashar. cheesy

She had berra keep the business if she ain't got nothing else at hand though....
I had to look up the name of the poster after reading the comment. I saw Jashar. I said hmmm...
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by FitnessDoctor: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
I thought when you said lost ... You meant the fiance died
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by IamGobe(m): 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
Op, u bad o

On seeing 'lost' I thought d person died ni o
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
A heartless jerk is what he is! How dare him monied emotions? Or was an agreement breached?.

The only thing left is " Move on" . It's really hard to do but your friend should draw motivation from " making him regret ever dumping her"! . Yes she should direct all her negative emotions now into positive ambitions and activities. Soon enough, her ex will regret ever dumping a priceless jewel.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 04, 2017
kateskitty:

Sometimes people fall out of love. Could be due to different reasons .... however unacceptable the reason might sound. In the same vein, people invest to much emotions, finances, and all sorts into relationships with the intention of 'ripping the fruit' as you put it but it just doesn't pan out that way.

He goofed for saying he was 'settling' her for wasting her time (u can never actually settle all that time spent) but yeah... People can fall out of love.

Best to take some time off, pull self together, and move on. Better a failed relationship than a failed marriage.

Cheers
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by jashar(f): 6:02am On Jun 04, 2017
obyrich:
I had to look up the name of the poster after reading the comment. I saw Jashar. I said hmmm...

smiley

Nwannem... what's 'hmmming' you oo?

What I do?

cheesy
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Onliie(m): 6:05am On Jun 04, 2017
That guy is a good guy. He has conscience.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by lazeal: 6:32am On Jun 04, 2017
desquad:
I can't marry I girl who's already a liability even before the wedding. Kudos to the guy, he just relieved his self of that burden
I can't o.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Stanley1155: 7:01am On Jun 04, 2017
Shh I think say na die the fiancé die. If she can't continue the business make she bring d money make I help am keep am and OP before I forget next time make sure you choose your title correctly.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 04, 2017
Eeyaa extend my sympathy to "your friend". Atleast the young man has conscience, some dudes will just walk away and pretend nothing happened.

Don't cry much, I mean tell your friend not to cry much over spilled milk.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by obyrich(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2017
jashar:

smiley

Nwannem... what's 'hmmming' you oo?

What I do?

cheesy
Nothing o. Only Jashar fit talk like that.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 04, 2017
kateskitty:

She demanded for her settlement...
I can only imagine how she asked when you say demanded.

She should manage the business well otherwise she'd be broke and single.

P. S. The title of the thread made me think he died
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Oyindidi(f): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2017
kateskitty:

Change the heading, I was thinking the guy died.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Deiok(m): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2017
Nah wah ooh. op, please try and modify the title of the thread, as its misleading. Or its your intention?.
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by jashar(f): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
obyrich:
Nothing o. Only Jashar fit talk like that.

grin

mbok, you know me before?
cheesy
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by softiebae: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
and I thought he died undecided
Re: A Friend Just broke up with Her Fiance by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2017
Screw.love! It's an equivocator. The only mirage or if you will fallacy of misplaced theory nature created to ignite our desire to procreate and noture our off spring.
Love is nothing outside that.
My advice for her is , let her get her business right , if for nothing, just to show him later on in life that she wasn't as fvcked up as he thought she was..
She was designed to do just fine without nobody. Okay?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Mistakenly Slept With A Married Man” – Lady Recounts Bad Romance / Help! See How My Girlfriend Behaves And Think... / After Promise To Husband Never To Twerk Again, Anita Joseph Shares New Video Sho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.