Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,900 members, 7,844,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed (5434 Views)

Does Using Healing Crystals Fall Under Magic, Witchcraft And Sorcery? / Joshua Iginla Visits Cana Of Galilee Where Jesus Performed 1st Miracle (Pics) / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Dalamama: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no way the universe is eternal . Science and logic prove that . Logic : infinite regress is impossible and ex nihilo nihil fit (out of nothing nothing is produced . According to Thomas Aquinas : There is an efficient cause for everything; nothing can be the efficient cause of itself. It is not possible to regress to infinity in efficient causes. The universe is NOT even self sufficient . There is no possibility that it is eternal .

You are left with a logical conclusion that God , an immutable eternal being exists .

I have no time for philosophical mumbo jumbo. When will the universe end and cease to exist. Pls tell me. If the universe is infinite then it must come to an end right? When is this end? Any scientific postulations on that?

I don't think you can tell the difference between evidence and assumption . Anything that contradicts your beliefs is an assumption . You keep saying that since it utterly destroys your beliefs . grin

It is an assumption. Just like evolution. Why don't you accept the scientific evidence for evolution but only that for the origin of the universe. Very telling it is.

Since Atheism is a man made invention which began 2,500 years . This discussion is pointless since God exists

Your own God idea, the three in one who came into the world to get killed as a sacrifice unto himself started existing about 2000 years ago. Before then there was no Jesus God idea anywhere.

Is it your money ?

Just asking if you went and gave then your money today.

2 Likes

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
chemystery:
theism is man made invention, and atheism is as eternal as theism.

We are predisposed to believe in the existence of God (implicit theism ) .
https://www.nairaland.com/3771249/introducing-implicit-theism-think-born

Atheism is unnatural and its an invention born out of rebellion .

Explain how a creator existed without a creator

1. Infinite regress of causes is impossible and something can't come from nothing - you are left with the logical conclusion that an immutable eternal being exists

2. There are two types of substances : primary and secondary substances . Primary substances are necessarily existing or non-contingent . If they don't exist , nothing will ever exist . Primary substances cause the existence of secondary substances . Eg God . Secondary substances are contingent , they depend or rely on the existence of something else to exist . It is possible for them not to exist . E.g the universe , man

then i will use your method to explain how the creator called man existed without a creator.

Ok . Give it a try .

P.S: Man is a creator, hope you know?

Who made the existence of man possible ?

1 Like

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dalamama:

I have no time for philosophical mumbo jumbo.

That's why atheists are not intellectually bright . Logic and reasoning destroys atheism . Atheists are repulsed by logic and scientific evidence that destroys their atheistic beliefs .

When will the universe end and cease to exist. Pls tell me. If the universe is infinite then it must come to an end right? When is this end? Any scientific postulations on that?

These questions are not germane . Please focus on the argument .

It is an assumption. Just like evolution. Why don't you accept the scientific evidence for evolution but only that for the origin of the universe. Very telling it is.

I don't reject evolution . Can you provide logical and scientific reasons to why you reject evidence for the origin of the universe and evolution as an atheist ?

Your own God idea, the three in one who came into the world to get killed as a sacrifice unto himself started existing about 2000 years ago. Before then there was no Jesus God idea anywhere.

Christianity posits that God has a triune nature . Being agnostic about God's nature does not mean that He does not exist .

Just asking if you went and gave then your money today.
Its my business what I do with my money , don't you think so ?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by DeSepiero(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
1.,The Woman with the Smelly Toto.

Luke 8:43-48
Legend has it that a lady had blood pouring out like lava from her something. Classic Bible story for kids.
Anyways, one beautiful day, this cute sexy Jew Jesus walked into town with his 12 male friends. This lady, let's call her Aunty ST (pronounced ES-Tee in the original aramaic) believed that touching the Lord would hear her smelly toto. She tossed away the 'drummer boy' tied around her waist, made her way through the crowd and touched Daddy Jesus. And Daddy healed her smelly toto.

How did he perform the magic trick?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by chemystery: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

We are predisposed to believe in the existence of God (implicit theism ) .
https://www.nairaland.com/3771249/introducing-implicit-theism-think-born

Atheism is unnatural and its an invention born out of rebellion .

1. Infinite regress of causes is impossible and something can't come from nothing - you are left with the logical conclusion that an immutable eternal being exists

2. There are two types of substances : primary and secondary substances . Primary substances are necessarily existing or non-contingent . If they don't exist , nothing will ever exist . Primary substances cause the existence of secondary substances . Eg God . Secondary substances are contingent , they depend or rely on the existence of something else to exist . It is possible for them not to exist . E.g the universe , man

Ok . Give it a try .

Who made the existence of man possible ?
You said it is imposaible for something to come out of nothing but you insist god came out of nothing.
We only have the evidence of the universe and not of god and you are holding unto that to say god exist. How can the existence of god be dependent on the existence of man and the universe? It means god is nothing without man and the universe.

1 Like

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by DeSepiero(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Kingebukasblog, why not make reference to bible while arguing? Creator here, creator there grin. I thought his name was jehovah jireh

Meanwhile, the both of you are derailing this thread!
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
chemystery:

You said it is imposaible for something to come out of nothing but you insist god came out of nothing.

God did not come from nothing . God did not come from anywhere . God is just eternal - without beginning or end .

We only have the evidence of the universe and not of god and you are holding unto that to say god exist. How can the existence of god be dependent on the existence of man and the universe? It means god is nothing without man and the universe.

God's existence does not depend on the existence of man or the universe , the universe and man depend on the God's existence .

You have not shown me how the universe and man could exist without a creator .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
DeSepiero:
Kingebukasblog, why not make reference to bible while arguing? Creator here, creator there grin. I thought his name was jehovah jireh

Meanwhile, the both of you are derailing this thread!

Of course

Genesis 1 : 1
In the beginning , God created the heavens and the earth

Deuteronomy 33:27
"The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; And He drove out the enemy from before you, And said, 'Destroy!'

Job 36:26
"Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; The number of His years is unsearchable.

Psalm 48:14
For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death.

Psalm 102:12
But You, O LORD, abide forever, And Your name to all generations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no evidence that the universe is eternal . Scientific evidence proves the universe has a beginning . Physical laws also prove the universe has a beginning .

You are anti-science for rejecting evidence that the universe has a beginning .
When most people say the universe is eternal, I believe they're referring to the cyclic model in which the universe is a self sustaining cycle of infinite big bangs and big crunches, starting and eending the universe respectively.
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
AnonyNymous:

When most people say the universe is eternal, I believe they're referring to the cyclic model in which the universe is a self sustaining cycle of infinite big bangs and big crunches, starting and eending the universe respectively.

Scientists have debunked the theory . I discovered that mean mass density of the universe from observational evidence is not enough to generate enough gravitational attraction to stop and then reverse the expansion . And its even an idea stolen from non theistic religions . They believe it circumvents the need for God's existence .

Its funny that they are willing to accept without any shred of evidence that such super complex activities occur infinitely without any cause but are skeptical that God is without a cause . Atheism is simply anything but God no matter how stupid .
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Dalamama: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That's why atheists are not intellectually bright . Logic and reasoning destroys atheism . Atheists are repulsed by logic and scientific evidence that destroys their atheistic beliefs .

I repeat I have no time for.philosophical mumbo jumbo. There are many athiest that are philosophers and scientist so your red hering is meaningless.

These questions are not germane . Please focus on the argument .

It is. If the universe is not.eternal then at what time will it end stop existing? It is very pertinent.

I don't reject evolution . Can you provide logical and scientific reasons to why you reject evidence for the origin of the universe and evolution as an atheist ?

You believe that humans evolved from hominids? Both theories are based on a lot of assumptions and lack objective evidences.

Christianity posits that God has a triune nature . Being agnostic about God's nature does not mean that He does not exist .

Christianity like other religions has a God that was created by its founders that remains an imaginary idea.

Its my business what I do with my money , don't you think so ?

Ok good for you.

1 Like

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Dalamama: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God's existence does not depend on the existence of man or the universe , the universe and man depend on the God's existence .

You have not shown me how the universe and man could exist without a creator .

You have shown that.man and the universe were created how? Have you seen man come into existence? What about the universe? All you have are assumptions and nothing more.
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dalamama:

I repeat I have no time for.philosophical mumbo jumbo. There are many athiest that are philosophers and scientist so your red hering is meaningless.

Yeah of course I know . Atheist arguments were easily debunked by theist philosophers .There are few Atheist philosophers and scientists .

It is. If the universe is not.eternal then at what time will it end stop existing? It is very pertinent.

How does this question the scientific evidence for a universe with a beginning ?

Christianity like other religions has a God that was created by its founders that remains an imaginary idea.

Atheism was created by its founders and it remains imaginary

Ok good for you.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dalamama:

You have shown that.man and the universe were created how? Have you seen man come into existence? What about the universe? All you have are assumptions and nothing more.

Seriously ? Since you say I couldn't have known how man came into existence then you couldn't have known there is no God since you didn't see them creating the 'God idea' . Can you provide the names of the first men who created the 'God idea' ? Did you see them create it ? If you didn't see or know how they created it , then all you have are assumptions and nothing more .

Debating you gets easier every time smiley

2 Likes

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Dalamama: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah of course I know . Atheist arguments were easily debunked by theist philosophers . Atheist philosophers and scientists are not many though .

It is thiest arguments that have been easily debunked by atheist philosophers.

How does this question the scientific evidence for a universe with a beginning ?

If the universe doesn't have an end then it is not infinite. That's why I asked you to tell me when the universe is estimate to come to and end and cease to exist. When will the universe end?

Atheism was created by its founders and it remains imaginary

Atheism just like theism is a creation of men. Without men there won't be atheism and theism.

Thanks

wink
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There was God before religion came smiley .
Yes because men made the concept, God
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Dalamama: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Seriously ? Since you say I couldn't have known how man came into existence then you couldn't have known there is no God since you didn't see them creating the 'God idea' . Can you provide the names of the first men who created the 'God idea' ? Did you see them create it ? If you didn't see or know how they created it , then all you have are assumptions and nothing more .

Debating you gets easier every time smiley

I don't need to show you the first man. We all know that God is an idea because there are many Gods/ Goddesses etc created by humans. Your God which is a triune God just started just like 2000 years ago. The chinese, Indians, Arabs, Africans all had their own different God ideas created by them. How did the Gods that yiur ancestors were worshipping 1000 years ago came about?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

Yes because men made the concept, God

Then who made men ?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Then who made men ?
I don't know.

But will be very happy if you can can tell me, "Who made men"?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dalamama:

It is thiest arguments that have been easily debunked by atheist philosophers.

Lol . Keep dreaming . You can't even keep up with my arguments . And I can't be compared with the greats yet .

If the universe doesn't have an end then it is not infinite. That's why I asked you to tell me when the universe is estimate to come to and end and cease to exist. When will the universe end?

When the usable energy expends .

Atheism just like theism is a creation of men. Without men there won't be atheism and theism.

And without God men would not have existed .

wink
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

I don't know.

But will be very happy if you can can tell me, "Who made men"?

God
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God
I thought as much, God would be your response

Which of the God anyways?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dalamama:

I don't need to show you the first man. We all know that God is an idea because there are many Gods/ Goddesses etc created by humans. Your God which is a triune God just started just like 2000 years ago. The chinese, Indians, Arabs, Africans all had their own different God ideas created by them. How did the Gods that yiur ancestors were worshipping 1000 years ago came about?

Because people have different ideas about God does not mean God does not exist . The same way if we see an intelligently designed system on another planet , we can make speculations and have different ideas about their creators , it does not mean their creators are imaginary .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

I thought as much, God would be your response

Which of the God anyways?

There is only one God . What we have are different ideas and conceptions about It .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There is only one God . What we have are different ideas and conceptions about It .
How did you arrive at this conclusion, ONE GOD? Cos I could give you instances where there are multiple God and very much distinct
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

How did you arrive at this conclusion, ONE GOD? Cos I could give you instances where there are multiple God and very much distinct

No need for that .

The fact remains that humans were created by a conscious intelligent mind not a product of random chance .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

No need for that .

Lol it's only people who are in a haste to win arguments that will fall into your trap.

The fact remains that humans were created by a conscious intelligent mind not a product of random chance .

Lol,, má laugh again

And you think humans are perfectly designed? No modifications needed? No update of version required?

And I ask, who is that intelligent designer? If God, how did he do it?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

Lol it's only people who are in a haste to win arguments that will fall into your trap.

And you think humans are perfectly designed? No modifications needed? No update of version required?
And I ask, who is that intelligent designer? If God, how did you you he did?

Its called a DISORDER . And there are so many factors that can lead to genetic disorders .

Hei ! cry . Na wa oo

I don't know how God did it anyway .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
adepeter26:

This is what ignorance causes . Natural selection takes care of that .
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called a DISORDER .
Congenital disorders, ain't they suppose to be a product of intelligent design as well? Lol.... Junk codons nko?
Lol
And there are so many factors that can lead to genetic disorders .

I don't need this.

Hei ! cry . Na wa oo

N'a big wa oo
I don't know how God did it anyway .
you're suppose to know Mr Fighter for God.

Anyways, since you don't know, we are on same line. Stop claiming God this, god that.....

But lemme ask you this simple question... What causes malaria?
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is what ignorance causes . Natural selection takes care of that .
Abeg join the cliq joor....
Re: Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Abeg, who notice say person picture dae as background for NL css

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholic Dating A Jehova Witness, Your Advice Please! / BREAKING NEWS!!! Yobe State In Nigeria Is Boiling Now. Churches Are Being Burnt / 2 Muslim Men Disrupt Church Service in edo state (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.