Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? (21476 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Lex11(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Facts!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

It isn't about labels... it's about a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that confers pardon ("for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Rom 3:23)... one obtained as divine gift, not by our works.

Please keep reading the holy word of God and believe. (Rom 10:17).

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by platinumphotos: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jesus is and remains the author of eternal salvation. Only those that believe in Him will make heaven. #peace

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by feelgoodInc: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
walls01:

the stories in the Bible has been changed in the Quran

the Bible existed before the Koran. that's a fact
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
feelgoodInc:

the Bible existed before the Koran. that's a fact

yes, they changed most of the stories
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by feelgoodInc: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
walls01:

yes, they changed most of the stories
but someone here says Allah gave it to them and I wonder how, since Judaism and Christianity the scriptures didn't change but when it came to their turn things change... na waaaaaooo
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by zlent16(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Check out this devotional blog www.diverswift.com
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
9inches:

Remove number 2 and all become meaningless.

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Mpeka(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Op, please stop asking useless question..
Everybody should know what he or she is worshiping and do that faithful with all his or her strength faithfully.
If you worship a God that ascended up to heaven, definitely, you will ascend with Him to heaven.
If you worship a god that was buried at Megiddo and he promised you 70 virgins after your demise, be content with that don't look for heaven. Your god did not ascend to heaven.
If you worship a god of rock, you'll will one day be crushed with your god to become a beautiful granite for civil works.
If you are worshiping a god of iron, you will visit Ajaokuta still complex or Delta steel complex, there you and your god shall be melted. Oh! What a blissful Union!

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Ken4Christ: 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
Religion does not offer salvation to mankind. Not even Christian religion. Salvation is only in Christ. There are so many born into Christian families but do not know Jesus. So, it is not about the Christian religion, it's about what you do with the gospel of Christ.

Jesus is the only way to God. There is no other religious leader of any world known religion that promised its adherent salvation. Please, tell me if there is any. Even Mohammed said he himself was not sure of his destiny nor the destiny of those following - Sarah 46:9.

Jesus is the only one who lived and guaranteed his followers salvation. And he proved his claims through his matchless miracles and resurrection from the dead. He is the only leader that is alive and he went back and promised he is coming back.

He is the one appointed by God to judge the world. So, Jesus is inescapable. You either receive him now as your Lord and personal Saviour or meet him as your judge.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by butterbread: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

That is what they think..
If you are a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to heaven (no matter how bad you are)
and if you are not a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to hell..
same applies to the Muslims.
Everyone thinks the world revolves around their own religion and ONLY their religion is true.
I wonder how our morally-upright traditionalist forefathers were judged?
Or
what will happen to the billions of people who arent practising your own religion?
They will all go to hell abi?

A christain girl once told me the whites brought God to Africa.. I wonder what the blacks were worshipping before then cos i know Olodumare in Yoruba traditional religion means God.. Or probably God created himself for the whites and Created the devil and evil spirits for the blacks

Brainwashed mofos!!! angry

#TheOracleHasSpoken

Truth is half the people you refer to as christians ain't Christians...they are church goers. Like Nicodemus in the Bible was...a religious man
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Slimszy: 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Hebrews 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men "once" to die, but after this the judgment:
am not saying they will come back to life oo, what i mean is that those people that die without hearing the gospel will be given chance to hear about it.

Hearing the gospel where? Is the gospel being preached in heaven?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by pressplay411(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
vargasvictory:
Now, this is a question that has given me a hard time solving. According to the doctrine, sinners and unrepentant unbelievers would be condemned.

Then, I've met many people from other religions with a good good heart, better than some Christians and I can't help but wonder what will happen to them

Guys, what'd you think?

cc: Lalasticlala

Truly I tell you. More Christians will wrought in hell for idolatry. For Worshipping Christ instead of God.
And yes, the Bible does state that only Jesus is the way and no one gets to the Father, God except through him. But then again Jesus is personified in Love. If you love God, love yourself and your neighbor, you have the Truth Jesus embodies, hence you will make heaven nonetheless.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by donqx: 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
they are the ones that won't coz they are the most wicked this days

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by IYANGBALI: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Christians 95%, others 5% grin grin grin
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by sojics(m): 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
This topic is a very serious issue but the problem is that
There 's no body in the house to Educate us more,
Every religion claims superiourity against Another.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ozaovehe(m): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
My friend don't quote rubbish here

DSongs of Solomon 5:16______16His voice and speech are exceedingly sweet; yes, he is altogether lovely [the whole of him delights and is precious]. [b]This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem!(G)

Where is mohammedim there?
It like you can,t read well. I said listen to a Rabai read the songs of Solomon, you can do that via your google. what you quote is English which they translate as "he is altogether lovely, this is my beloved" . go back and list to a Rabai reciting it in Hibrew. good luck
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Aaronsrod: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jesus is the only road to Heaven. We MUST make Heaven. It is our only chance to be free from ancestral curses and demonic posession. If not we will spend eternity in Hellfire as Africans.

Nawa!
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Preator: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This is not true

Satan and Yahweh are bestest buddies. The Book of Job has Satan having a pleasant chat with Yahweh, during which they make a bet involving killing people and screwing one guy over. Nope, there's no animosity between Yahweh and Satan in the least. They get along just fine.

Moreover, what we learned from the book of Job is that Satan can't do anything without God's explicit permission - God keeps him on a very short leash. So let's have none of this trying to excuse God for what Satan does - he's like that guy who lets his dog poop on your lawn while he's taking him for a walk.

According to the accounts of why David did a census in Samuel and Chronicles, Satan and Yahweh are beyond best buddies. If the angel of the Lord is the Holy Ghost, then Satan is a part of godhead that must be a quadrants, at least.

what nonsense! The Egyptians don't need to contest it cuz even the Jews themselves don't believe that nonsense read up and cure your ignorance http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/judaism/2004/12/did-the-exodus-really-happen.aspx

In addition to the fact that there is nothing in all of Egypt's history, which mentions a Pharoah who perished by drowning in pursuit of millions... nor the existence of millions of hebrew slaves, nor devastating plagues... in fact, if things transpired as the bible described, Egypt would have crumbled and never recover...
Imagine the economic implication of a nation losing its basic workforce of slaves over night... and having millions of its sons die in one night... all this after a series of devastating plagues which would bring the mightiest empire to its knees...
Yet, Egypt remained a powerful nation, economically and militarily for a very very long time...

There are stories of people praying to the Christian God and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to non-Christian gods and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to no gods and being healed.

There are stories of members of all three categories who are not healed.

How do we figure out if anything is going on except confirmation bias? We find people who are sick, we have some prayed for and some not, and we see if there is a different recovery rate. The Templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran exactly that experiment and found no difference.

I can go on a limb and say You don't have millions of answered prayers; you have millions of people who're determined to believe that their prayers were answered. Big difference.
the Koran also says similar

yeah, let's examine your hypocrisy, do you condemn the killing of the Canaanite and Midianite infants?

if Yes, you're not a hypocrite, if no then you have no grounds to criticise Islam because the Israeli soldiers killed the infants on the instructions from their god and Islamic terrorists carry out same instructions from their god, pick one, wither way its lose lose

of course this is what they call fallacy of circular reasoning, you're using the bible to confirm the Bible

that's like assuming harry potter is real because the book said so and therefore whatever is written there is valid

pure nonsense

Tiri gbosa for you!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
tosyne2much:
I have just one question for you and I want you to answer me in a right fashion

Why are renowned world terrorists or those causing chaos in Nigeria practicing Islam as a religion ? Osama Bin Laden, Sadam Hussain, Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram, etc.

Why are Muslims temperamental people with low tolerance level when anyone has a contrary opinion against their religion? Yet we are being told that Islam is religion of PEACE?

I don't want you to answer me with sentiments, arrogance or rain abusive words on me. I just need a subtle answer

Why do u think I'll use abusive words on u, if I may ask.......

Back to ur question.

Terrorism

I accept that world terrorist are Muslims (as they claim) but the real truth is that, just because they are Muslim doesn't mean they represent Islam.
My Islam teaches me that "There's no compulsion in religion i.e nobody should be forced against his/her own wish to accept Islam" and that "he who kills (unlawfully) even if he's a Muslim, should be killed".

I'm sure u av at least 1 Muslim in ur localty, if truly boko haram and d likes represent Islam, I wonder why the 1 Muslim in ur area, is yet to follow their steps.

Tolerance

Try read and reread (if you re chanced), the comments on posts against islam and judge 4 ursef.
Gud nyt
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
walls01:

do you know the Quran is a twisted version of the Bible

Enlighten me
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

lol you guys are funny, is like you people don't know the meaning of Christ you tag in Jesus name. Lol when you people believe in Jesus the prophet not Jesus Christ the messiah. Lol

We believe he is a prophet just like every other prophet and he's d son of Mariam; not d son of God, as u guys proclaim.

Lemme even ask u,
Why don't u guys take Adam as a mini-god?
He doesn't av a father and a mother,

If u can treat Jesus (son of Mariam) like god, why dont u worship Adam, also?
Hypocrisy of d highest order
Gud nyt
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by positivetaught: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
To me the only set of people that will make heaven are those that truly accept other persons irrespective of race,culture or religion as fellow human beings I.e total believe in humanity, n therefore observes the golden rule.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by awesomet1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
First of we have to understand the true meaning of Christian.
The word Christian means a Christ like person, a person that has the character and meekness of JESUS Christ of Nazareth..
Now heaven was created by the Father (jehovah)of Jesus Christ..
Everything in heaven revolves around JESUS, so it's only those that are Christ like that will make heaven..
so you cannot be worshiping other gods and shouting Allah and expect to be where JESUS rule...

so yes it is only Christian that follows the law of JESUS, i mean it is only the good and faithful Christian that will make heaven.

Bless you!
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by tosyne2much(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lordkratus:
I am a christian born and devoted Anglican but when I see my Christian brothers reason I weep. the answer to your question op is quite simple a man that lives a life of love and kindness will make heaven irrespective of His religion and believe.I say this out of two level of understanding. understanding from the bible: I believe the Christians championing the saying that if you don't know Christ you won't make heaven read their Bible properly and remember the story of enoch. He is amongst the early men and one of the few that didnt experience death he lived very long ago before the coming of Christ and he was taken directly to heaven not because he loved Christ so much and followed all his instructions but because he lived a life of love and kindness. you can go read your bible to confirm.that is just one example as given in the bible I would love to state others but want to try to keep this short and elaborate as possible. now that of logic: we are roughly over 7 billion people currently on planet earth and in that figure we have well over 2 billion Christiana now in the Christian we have countless doctrine that most believe the other is practising the wrong form of Christianity as said by the Jehovah's withness and others now in those numbers that are in quote are practising the true Christian life the number of over 2billion has drastically reduced and knowing the laws of making heaven which if we are to follow strictly more than 99% are not practising correctly if you check the numbers you will find out that only less than a million people would actually make heaven judging by what we see in the society where even our pastors are worse that sinners it only means two things either there is no God and no heaven or the God what we have is a wicked and irrational God that does things to satisfy his ego because we Christians say he is the all knowing God that he knows us before as were born as stated in the bible so why will he create over 7 billion people and kill them all when he knew before creating them that they will be good for nothing sinners that he will end up destroying? do you see the logic its not just possible and i personally don't want to be in heaven with that type of a God and please don't quote to me the road to heaven is narrow or many are called because you saying that,following the laws of making heaven strictly don't even fall in that category. I have well over ten ways to prove this but for the sake of readers what I believe is live a good life. be good be kind help people and if it happens that there truly is a God he will judge you by the way you live not the name you choose to practice with because this heaven we are talking about it was told to use by a book called bible no man has actually gone there returned and gave us evidence of where heaven is situated with coordinates or even what it looks like all we hear are crap stories
You're just one hell of a logical person. Nice one bro!

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by watchmanpaul(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Okay God. Care to break down for a mere mortal the parameters for this assertion?

Now listen up, Heaven is not full of good, great, or nice people; Heaven is full of Saved people. You can only get that salvation through Jesus. Its hard to believe, but this is a bitter truth. Read the John 3:17 for better understanding.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Lordkratus(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
tosyne2much:
You're just one hell of a logical person. Nice one bro!
thanks. its just common sense
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
explain the bolded

God bless you!!!

we just trying to make things clear to ourselves, when thorough researches are made is only when one can find the truth as humans

and he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)

and Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)

and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)

…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)

then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)

come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Psalms 95:6)

nd he (Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed." (Luke 22:41)

even though the Jews and Christians today do not pray as we read in the Bible, Muslims continue to pray in a similar way to the prophets, as intended by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

you see, Muslims believe in Jesus but xtians don't believe in Mohammed S.A.W but rather talk ill of him when even Jesus Christ never did John16:12-13(jesus' prophecy of Mohammad) and that's where the problem is

breakdown of the Bible:
tawrat (Torah) the book of Moses(musa)
injil is the book for Jesus(Isa)
and zabur(psalm) for for David(daoud)

and so many other stuffs written by some other authors

Muslims believe in Bible (but only stating it not a complete book....a lot has been added and removed from it) you should prolly ask the xtians why they against the gospel of Barnabas

do you read about isreal and America
America will definitely accept xtianity and go against islam cos of their doings, that's why you see things God destroyed a whole settlement for happening there (sodomy), yet they say Muslims are terrorists and when Americans are act to define terrorism the response they give is "it's not the act itself, but who performs the act" i.e when a xtians or say Americans kill Muslims it's not terrorism but vice versa it becomes terrorism. do you watch the news and see how people die in Syria and other Islamic countries on a daily? but let one tragedy hit isreal, uk, us,france or any other non-islamic countries then they say they are terrorists

Muslims can come out and argue the incomplete nature of the Bible with facts but xtians can't even dare the authenticity of the Quran

think about it!!! there are so many things wrong with the bible

well these should do more talking

https://www.openbible.info/topics/islam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_the_Christian_Bible

https://www.whyislam.org/comparative-religion-2/what-the-bible-says-about-muhammad-pbuh/
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
Harbioye:

Enlighten me

the Quran has changed most of the stories in the bible
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
9inches:

Chai.. muhammad and his fallacious claims.

no coherent or cohesion....why talking out of point? what is the prophet's claim in what I wrote up there? apart from common sense, what other senses is it you don't have?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
lukman885:
thanks
blessings boss
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
feelgoodInc:

the Bible is the best selling book ever in the history of books
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/best-selling-book-of-non-fiction/
it has been translated into 2000 languages.
http://www.k-international.com/blog/translation-hall-of-fame/
only the word of God can have such influence my man.
the Bible has not been tempered with as you are saying, it has only been translated so as to keep up with the modern times, I've never seen an English Koran before and it's not even in my language so how do you convince me. and how was the Koran sent to man through Allah because when Mohammed was alive there was no Koran , he didn't write any Koran.

lol bro I'm glad you came in peace

firstly, Koran was sent to man through Mohammed s.a.w on a mountain called jabal-a-noor i.e mountain of light, revealed by God through Gabriel gradually for a period of 23yrs starting from when the prophet was 17 elapsing to the year of his death (he was 40)

and about the translation...lol, the Quran was revealed in Arabic. by the way, bible was written by different witnesses...in what language of I may ask? did God translate it? it was written by different people e.g ajayi crowther for naija.....if I want to write the Yoruba translation today I will but of what need when it's perfect just the way it is

reading it gives joy, as you have in a surah(chapter) 80verses can keep ending with (een) or (ahad) in other words rhymes with all following and making senses. and please don't say rappers or poets do too .......

brotherly, would have loved to say more but tomao is Monday and man go wake up for sahur
God bless you
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by hopefulLandlord: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Preator:

Tiri gbosa for you!!!

thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Fasting For The Year 2019 Commences On The 11th Of January / The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! / What Bible Says About The Rich And Powerful Building Doomsday Bunkers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.