Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? (21482 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2017
enilove:
God has His ways and plans , Satan also has his ways and plans. All roads do not lead to the same destination.
It is your duty to find out which is the right way that God Himself set up for us to follow.

I have faith in Christianity for many reasons;

1--- The God that could divide a Sea must be the maker or creator of that sea.This event truly happened , that is why the Egyptians are not contesting the occurrence of the event.

2----I wouldn't have believed Christianity but God Himself healed me of an infirmity of more than 22 years when I went to church. It was in 1997 or so when I went to RCCG convention and there was a pastor preaching and he asked us to put our hand on any place we had infirmity, this I did and since that time till date I have not experienced the sickness again. It was a sickness an herbalist saw and sent me out of his sight because he was afraid.
Thre are other several testimonials that make me to know that Jesus Chist is really the Son of God and God and my Creator.

3--- The bible makes me to understand that sinner cannot make heaven unless they repent from those evil. The bible did not say we should be 99% holy but 100%.

4---- I was a Muslim and I can tell you that there are so many things wrong with that Islamic religion. The first step to know this is by reading the English Quran or Hadith. There is no need to argue , just take your time read for understanding only , it will surprise why a sane person should follow it. When you compare the historic account and Hadith account of Muhammed with Biblical account of other prophets of the Bible, you will say and know that he was a FALSE PROPHET indeed. Jesus performed miracles and performed many in my life , Muhammed did not perform any miracle instead he killed many innocent people and instructed his followers to do the same, which is why muslims are about 98% of the number of terrorists arround the world.

If you read the Bible from Genesis to revelation, you will know that there is not other way of salvation outside Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Wow!!!
Clap for yourself...
1. Do me a little favor by quoting the verse(s) of the Quran that preaches violence as a way of life and the sunnah of the prophet that confirms the above.
2. Ever read the bible from genesis to revelation?
Guess u didn't noticed the contradictions in it, right?

Or u didn't noticed what Jesus forbade that u Christains, still continue to do?

Lastly, all Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and any Muslim that doesn't believe in him, is not a Muslim.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2017
enilove:
God has His ways and plans , Satan also has his ways and plans. All roads do not lead to the same destination.
It is your duty to find out which is the right way that God Himself set up for us to follow.

1--- The God that could divide a Sea must be the maker or creator of that sea.This event truly happened , that is why the Egyptians are not contesting the occurrence of the event.

2----I wouldn't have believed Christianity but God Himself healed me of an infirmity of more than 22 years when I went to church. It was in 1997 or so when I went to RCCG convention and there was a pastor preaching and he asked us to put our hand on any place we had infirmity, this I did and since that time till date I have not experienced the sickness again. It was a sickness an herbalist saw and sent me out of his sight because he was afraid.
Thre are other several testimonials that make me to know that Jesus Chist is really the Son of God and God and my Creator.

3--- The bible makes me to understand that sinner cannot make heaven unless they repent from those evil. The bible did not say we should be 99% holy but 100%.

4---- I was a Muslim and I can tell you that there are so many things wrong with that Islamic religion. The first step to know this is by reading the English Quran or Hadith. There is no need to argue , just take your time read for understanding only , it will surprise why a sane person should follow it. When you compare the historic account and Hadith account of Muhammed with Biblical account of other prophets of the Bible, you will say and know that he was a FALSE PROPHET indeed. Jesus performed miracles and performed many in my life , Muhammed did not perform any miracle instead he killed many innocent people and instructed his followers to do the same, which is why muslims are about 98% of the number of terrorists arround the world.

If you read the Bible from Genesis to revelation, you will know that there is not other way of salvation outside Jesus Christ.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Go and read brief history of prophet Muhammad
Hw it propagate Islam
Go and ask from intelligent pple wat prophet told us abt conflict

N mind you, who said xtian re not terrorist
Hw US lead d world
Adolf hilter
N many from dere region to stop Islam

you are ignorance

4 Likes

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by babablogger: 9:29am On Jun 04, 2017
enilove:

You just caught my attention

I read both the Bible and Quran but from what you stated

"No sane person will follow it's teaching"

I need you to bring up a chapter or verse as proof

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by jhadu: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2017
A wise man once said...

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Slimszy: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
sorry but that is the simple truth..
A non Christian will not make heaven.

Fallacy... Before the advent of Christianity in Nigeria in the 19th century by the Western missionaries...we had our own traditional religion.. Are you saying people who died prior to this time without the knowledge of Christianity wont make heaven? Its just logical bro... Do good...dont be clouded with what most of our yahoo boys pastor teach
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2017
Harbioye:

Wow!!!
Clap for yourself...
1. Do me a little favor by quoting the verse(s) of the Quran that preaches violence as a way of life and the sunnah of the prophet that confirms the above.
2. Ever read the bible from genesis to revelation?
Guess u didn't noticed the contradictions in it, right?

Or u didn't noticed what Jesus forbade that u Christains, still continue to do?

Lastly, all Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and any Muslim that doesn't believe in him, is not a Muslim.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

we believe in Jesus Christ and we call him Isa

he even stated to xtian to blve in last prophet Muhammad,dey shud
check therr old testament given to him from God and not d edited one

3 Likes

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by bmos(m): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Heavance:

I have friends who are converts, but I still don't have the main reason they chose to be Christians, each time I ask, they just don't give details at all, just "they saw the light" ......... I wish to hear more from a convert

'Seeing the light' is a definite encounter which those who truly saw the light experienced. One can be convicted of his her sins without experiencing salvation. A man that experiences conversion can never remain as he was. If your friends truly were converted and you are not, certainly state of friendship be the 2 of you will never remain same. Romans 7 said light has no part with darkness. So to know if they are truly converted, observe if there are changes in their lifestyle, practices and conversation. It is a practical thing bro.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 9:37am On Jun 04, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

That is what they think..
If you are a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to heaven (no matter how bad you are)
and if you are not a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to hell..
same applies to the Muslims.
Everyone thinks the world revolves around their own religion and ONLY their religion is true.
I wonder how our morally-upright traditionalist forefathers were judged?
Or
what will happen to the billions of people who arent practising your own religion?
They will all go to hell abi?

A christain girl once told me the whites brought God to Africa.. I wonder what the blacks were worshipping before then cos i know Olodumare in Yoruba traditional religion means God.. Or probably God created himself for the whites and Created the devil and evil spirits for the blacks

Brainwashed mofos!!!

why do you answer a question you don't understand. are you judging based on what some Christian say or how really God would judge? what do you think is life for a start?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by cupidhero(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2017
YES.
The rest will go to hell.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mejai(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2017
der is no place for suicide bombers in heaven. we kno d religion dey come from. so it is beta only chriistians and non-bombers go der.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by einsteine(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Of course, it goes without saying that only Christians would go to the Christian heaven.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2017
herveze:

I like this write up

he wrote that based on the limit of his understanding
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Wazzaowner(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2017
Yea sure. Muslims dont have any business in heaven cos God is not sharing virgins dere.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Kebreal92(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2017
SO THEY ARE GOING TO HEAVEN*
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2017
torres89:
were Solomon and David christains

am a very good Christian but any Christian, who thinks only

Christians will make heaven is a terrible fool.

read the words of Jesus Christ well and see the requirements to make heaven.

I think they will be more Muslims in heaven than Christians

you said this from your own understanding
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by DBANJEX(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
First of we have to understand the true meaning of Christian.
The word Christian means a Christ like person, a person that has the character and meekness of JESUS Christ of Nazareth..
Now heaven was created by the Father (jehovah)of Jesus Christ..
Everything in heaven revolves around JESUS, so it's only those that are Christ like that will make heaven..
so you cannot be worshiping other gods and shouting Allah and expect to be where JESUS rule...

so yes it is only Christian that follows the law of JESUS, i mean it is only the good and faithful Christian that will make heaven.
But do u care to know that this is the same way other religion practitioners will think. Of about 4,200 religions in the world, why will you tell me that it is only one of them that will not be condemned. Religion is not created by God, Religion was created by men. I repeat, Region was created by Men.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Christian heaven makes no sense either

The Bible doesn't say much about what heaven is supposed to be like. Most of the claims about heaven are exaggerations of the Bible. The Bible says the Gates are made of pearl. What are the gates for? Are they made just as an excuse to irritate clams? Are the gates supposed to keep someone out or to keep souls from escaping?

The sales pitch for heaven is that there is only happiness and no sorrow. But it also says that many people's loved ones won't be there. Since they can't feel sorrow about that, are they ecstatic that their loved ones are being tortured forever? Either your memories are removed or your human empathy is removed. Is it really you that is left over once some parts of you have been removed?

If life matters to me now, it will always have mattered to me, even when I am gone. Death cannot change that.

Your best hope is to be locked in a gold cage with your memories of having an actual life being erased just so you can kiss ass for eternity.

Life is pleasant, death is serene. The transition might be troublesome but we all have to go through it. You shouldn't fear death so much. Heaven and hell are imaginary. You should reject the indoctrination. Life is much better that way.

To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed off??"

you write this based on the limit of your understanding. heaven is not as you put up here. if u say u can explain the Bible through logic, here is a question, what did Jesus meant when he said if you have a faith as a mustard seed you can move a mountain?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 9:53am On Jun 04, 2017
helphelp:
I want to believe so ...

But it's utter nonsense, because I don't even believe there's a place like heaven or hell...

To me, I believe you could have your heaven or hell right here on earth.

I've had some heavenly moments, so also some mad hell of a moment. But right now, I'm in between., in case there's any thing as such.

Religion is a SCAM

religion maybe scam, but what about God?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by latsy: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2017
It is true, only christian will go to the imaginary christian heaven no matter
what they do because they have been justified by faith in Jesus, the convicted
blasphemer.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by KahlDrogo(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2017
torres89:

The Bible stated EXPLICITLY that useless a man be BORN AGAIN, they cannot enter the kingdom of God. Being born again means ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS ONE'S LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR.

Now tell me, do Muslims accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour? Do other faiths do?

Let us stop trying to be overly diplomatic. According to the Bible, ONLY CHRISTIANS can make heaven!

I'm a Christian and I find this disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by aolawale025: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
First of we have to understand the true meaning of Christian.
The word Christian means a Christ like person, a person that has the character and meekness of JESUS Christ of Nazareth..
Now heaven was created by the Father (jehovah)of Jesus Christ..
Everything in heaven revolves around JESUS, so it's only those that are Christ like that will make heaven..
so you cannot be worshiping other gods and shouting Allah and expect to be where JESUS rule...

so yes it is only Christian that follows the law of JESUS, i mean it is only the good and faithful Christian that will make heaven.

Christianity as a movement was developed about 300 years after Jesus died. It developed as a religion much later when the Romans adopted it as state religion. Even Jesus himself was not a Christian but a Jew. And same with all the apostles.
Moving on. Here in nigeria we had and still have many people who never heard of Christianity before they died. I strongly believe only God knows the criteria to enter heaven
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2017
Abasstoheeb:

we believe in Jesus Christ and we call him Isa

he even stated to xtian to blve in last prophet Muhammad,dey shud
check therr old testament given to him from God and not d edited one

Fact, they refuse to believe in

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by anselemmore: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2017
torres89:

torres89:

torres89:

read the words of Jesus Christ well and
see the requirements to make heaven.

bro u are not a christain
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by babestella: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2017
If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Saviour, you ain't seeing Heaven. It is simple and scriptural.

There is no way you can see the Heavenly Father without going through Jesus Christ. Every other route is futile, fake and waste of time and life.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Eazie351(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2017
When there‘s opa oranmiyan (etc) in ife, and some ppl say their own “jesus“ is still coming back to live a normal life (have wife and kids b4 death) and erm...The christianity part...i‘m just confused.

.just do good and believe in GOD. Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by koning: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
sorry but that is the simple truth..
A non Christian will not make heaven.

A very dumb statement. Do you know where heaven is?. So many brainwashed mofos in Africa. Can't you for once think for yourself?

You even used the phrase "Simple truth". smh.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by anselemmore: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2017
vargasvictory:
Now, this is a question that has given me a hard time solving. According to the doctrine, sinners and unrepentant unbelievers would be condemned.

Then, I've met many people from other religions with a good good heart, better than some Christians and I can't help but wonder what will happen to them

Guys, what'd you think?

cc: Lalasticlala
they can have good moral but Jesus is d only way to heaven
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ntyce(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2017
enilove:

You are a liar, a filthy one.
You lying that you once a muslim and you were taught all those rubbish.
Show ur proofs.

I wonder how you intend making the heaven with such lies.

Mind you, you are not yet saved, salvation is still far from you

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by EAJasper: 10:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
No the father of Christ is not Allah..
His name is JEHOVAH.
Jehovah is Hebrew pronunciation of God, so Allah is Hausa pronunciation of God. Let our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ the only son of the living God guide us to the true God, who created the universe and everything in it. And not religion....
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:

I take exception to the italicised, as it certainly is a sectarian dogma. A 'true' Christian believes that only 'born again' Christians will access heaven, and not automatic qualification as you opined. And yes, he also believes that adherents of other religions are hellbound, irrespective of their moral uprightness.

Anyone who thinks like the bolded is a brainwashed fool..
So u mean all d people that came before christ and all our traditionalist Fore-fathers in Africa went to Hell?

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Ajibel(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

of course this is what they call fallacy of circular reasoning, you're using the bible to confirm the Bible

that's like assuming harry potter is real because the book said so and therefore whatever is written there is valid

pure nonsense

I wanted to know what fallacy of circular reasoning meant but I got more than expected in the example below

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Fasting For The Year 2019 Commences On The 11th Of January / The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! / What Bible Says About The Rich And Powerful Building Doomsday Bunkers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.