Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? (1391 Views)

The World's Pain Is Coming To An End Soon / If Adam And Eve Gave Birth To The World Why Do Humans Look Different / Do humans really hear from God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by Millz404(m): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is something that i got thinking of some days ago. Look at every physical thing on earth, it seems to have a start point and an end. Flies live for 28days, dogs 15 years, trees and other plants, varied lengths. You buy a piece of hardware, as soon as you open it and start using it, it deteriorates until it becomes unusable.
That is just how it is with the physical world we find ourselves.
Courtesy of various religious teaching humans with an 80year lifespan believe there weren't meant to just start and end. They are meant to live and keep living be it through resurrection, reincarnation etc.

Why do humans believe they have an eventuality different from that of every other physical thing they are a part of?
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by HungerBAD: 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is deep.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by dingbang(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is deep.
i have been texting you bro...
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by HungerBAD: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
dingbang:
i have been texting you bro...

I was away for work from tuesday so have not checked my stuff.

Make i reply you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by akindlesfarm: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
did is really deap
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by akindlesfarm: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
dis is really deap
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is what I've been telling these religionists on NL.

We will all die, how bad can it be?

Stop spreading ancients myths as facts just because you are scared of the obvious.

What makes us so special?

Hardmirror have been trying to express this fact. They seem not to understand. Religion is truly an opium. You can't blame someone for hoping though. But let's admit if it's mere hope and belief. There are those who have asked that their dead body be freezed and kept, perhaps someday, science would have achieved the knowledge of how to bring them back to life. Who can blame them?

There is no God, heaven or hell. Except it applies to all other animals, only then will it be an objective assumption.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This is what I've been telling these religionists on NL.

We will all die, how bad can it be?

Stop spreading ancients myths as facts just because you are scared of the obvious.

What makes us so special?

Hardmirror have been trying to express this fact. They seem not to understand. Religion is truly an opium. You can't blame someone for hoping though. But let's admit if it's mere hope and belief. There are those who have asked that their dead body be freezed and kept, perhaps someday, science would have achieved the knowledge of how to bring them back to life. Who can blame them?

There is no God, heaven or hell. Except it applies to all other animals, only then will it be an objective assumption.

This has to do with God and the same time nothing to do with God . Other non theistic religions which atheists are part of talk of reincarnation and eternal life outside this universe . Don't atheists believe in reincarnation too ?

There are people who acknowledge the existence of God yet reject the idea of eternal life .

Anything beyond the ken of the ignorant Nairaland atheist means there is no God .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Millz404:
This is something that i got thinking of some days ago. Look at every physical thing on earth, it seems to have a start point and an end. Flies live for 28days, dogs 15 years, trees and other plants, varied lengths. You buy a piece of hardware, as soon as you open it and start using it, it deteriorates until it becomes unusable.
Courtesy of various religious teaching humans with an 80year lifespan believe there weren't meant to just start and end. They are meant to live and keep living be it through resurrection, reincarnation etc.

Why do humans believe they have an eventuality different from that of every other physical thing they are a part of.

cc: Seun

Because we are different from other animals . We have spirits or unembodied conscious minds which can exist without an end . And our spirits are our true selves . Only the Almighty Creator can destroy the spirit .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This has to do with God and the same time nothing to do with God . Other non theistic religions which atheists are part of talk of reincarnation and eternal life outside this universe .

There are people who acknowledge the existence of God yet reject the idea of eternal life .

Anything to the ignorant Nairaland atheist means there no God .
I'm talking about NL religionists(in the majority), not world religions.

Don't mention me.
I no get your time today.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm talking about NL religionists(in the majority), not world religions.
And I was talking about ignorant Nairaland atheists . I made it clear bro

Don't mention me.
I no get your time today.

You people always say nonsense and get angry when someone criticizes the rubbish you say . Everything that seems incomprehensible from your perspective just means there is no God . 'Religion is an opium' - I mean how does this even affect God's existence ?

Too much nonsense honestly
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And I was talking about ignorant Nairaland atheists . I made it clear bro

You people always say nonsense and get angry when someone criticizes the rubbish you say . Everything that seems incomprehensible from your perspective just means there is no God . 'Religion is an opium' - I mean how does this even affect God's existence ?

Too much nonsense honestly
grin
Someone who never knew you would take you seriously.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by CoolUsername: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Because we are different from other animals . We have spirits or unembodied conscious minds which can exist without an end . And our spirits are our true selves . Only the Almighty Creator can destroy the spirit .

There is no evidence for this, but I'm sure that wishful thinking is enough for your kind.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
CoolUsername:

There is no evidence for this, but I'm sure that wishful thinking is enough for your kind.

Wishful thinking ? Like the multiverse or eternal universe you hope exists ?
undecided

I've told you that I can use idealism to prove that unembodied minds exist . You ran away as usual .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
grin
Someone who never knew you would take you seriously.

Same with you smiley
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Same with you smiley
Ebuka, what makes you think you'll live for eternity and a Kangaroo won't?
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by CoolUsername: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Wishful thinking ? Like the multiverse or eternal universe you hope exists ?
undecided

I've told you that I can use idealism to prove that unembodied minds exist . You ran away as usual .

Multiverse, really? I said it was a possibility which I can't hold as fact due to lack of evidence.

Idealism to prove unembodied minds? I'll like to hear that one.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
CoolUsername:
dealism to prove unembodied minds? I'll like to hear that one.

Let's go back to THAT thread then .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by CoolUsername: 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What thread was it?
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by OtemAtum: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Ebuka, what makes you think you'll live for eternity and a Kangaroo won't?
Both humans and kangaroos have souls. We all transit to other realms after death. We are energy(gods), we can't be created or destroyed, but we can be transformed from one form to another.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
______
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
OtemAtum:
Both humans and kangaroos have souls. We all transit to other realms after death. We are energy(gods), we can't be created or destroyed, but we can be transformed from one form to another.
I bet Christians will disagree with you.

What will be our nature in other realms?
Are we going to be intelligent and self-aware?
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by johnydon22(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

which thread cus i think i am going to weigh in on this one. I'm always in for a good discussion
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by johnydon22(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
I am going to post my reply on a similar thread by Frank317

johnydon22:
..Humanity is so vulnerable that we leave that which is in front of us to chase after that which we do not have or know but a figment of our imaginations, thoughts and wishes.

the above quote of mine holds true for our perception of death.

Haven't you noticed how the word "Death" gives rise to different philosophies of hopeful realities to many.

-On one hand some speculate we do not really die but transcends and then gets reborn and live again and so it goes in a circle.

-Another suggests we do not get reborn but some thinking formless needless part of us continues somewhere else.

-Plato suggests the body is a prison for the soul.

Where as all these philosophies are profound and hopeful, i also call it greed, selfishness and a product of an unmatched ego wielded only by the human mind.

Humans have that egoistic tendency of deluding themselves to be the most important part of the universe..

That is why in this deluding ego they see themselves as deserving to live again but not every other animal or living thing in this earth that also live as they live and feel as they do.

-Just how important are we in this universe?

More important than the stars? Without the stars we won't be here but without us they were, are and will be.

More important than the plants ? without them we won't be here but without us they were, are and will be.

So how exactly are we more important, why do we prize ourselves the most important part of the cosmos when we are so deplorable and expandable that the cosmos won't even notice our disappearance.

So many stories have littered the course of human philosophy on the eventuality of death.

So many wishful hopeful fantasies has been conceived to give hope and comfort to the human mind when faced with the inevitability of death.

-We shall see again in paradise
-we shall be reborn again
-we shall make merry in Valhalla

amongst thousands of such tales.. I do not know how enticing these stories are but i know the greed of a human mind makes them comforting as nobody would like to imagine the absoluteness of the end of our being.

That to me comes from a short memory cus just a little journey backwards whene we were not here, imagining inexistence won't be far fetched.

We have been dead for an infinite time backwards, now we are here and we will soon be dead how then can we not imagine our the state we were before coming to this?.

I really understand the reasons why all these stories crop up in the human mind, why all these philosophies and emotional clutch to a comforting tale defines a huge part of our belief

It is because of the vulnerability of our being.

Being that almost certainly we are probably the only species amongst all in this planet that know at a very young age that we would die one day.

This knowledge of our inevitable end is somewhat like a burden to us .

I doubt that other species Chimpanzee, dogs , elephants even though alive as we are are fretting over an afterlife or performing rituals to earn a place in paradise or somewhere else outside the cosmos.

No they just live in the moment.

With all these stories filling the gap left by fear, vulnerability of our mind, we yet have no evidence to support these fantasies.

I do not claim to have knowledge of what happens in death but if anybody, person or book claims to know, they are both lying and fraudulent.

Because they do not know.

We are so concerned by what we want to be, by what we wish for that we forget and pay little mind to what we have which is NOW

So isn't it better and more noble we forget all these stories and focus on what we have and where we are which is Now and Here

Here and Now are the most important, certain aspect of it all, make them count and don't waste them chasing after a vague shadow of an uncertain wishful fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by johnydon22(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
What if consciousness is transcendent?

what if consciousness as a projection of energy gets recycled?

what if we are in a matrix, like the actual reality is somewhere beyond here, we wake up after our time here is done?

What if there is an infinite copy of us? [should be the case if the universe is infinite]

what if there is indeed a spirit and as plato said made of finely special atoms - the body is a prison for the soul?

Could it be that Democritus is correct that thought, mind, consciousness is a product of matter ?

Questions that can be stretched and discussions we could enjoy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
johnydon22:
What if consciousness is transcendent?
Of course it is . Consciousness is eternal

what if we are in a matrix, like the actual reality is somewhere beyond here, we wake up after our time here is done?

DeepSight believes that we are in a simulated reality .

Could it be that Democritus is correct that thought, mind, consciousness is a product of matter ?

Matter is just a vehicle , it is not a product of it .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by johnydon22(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course it is . Consciousness is eternal

so much confidence in an uncertainty, LOL. alright

DeepSight believes that we are in a simulated reality .

reasons?

Matter is just a vehicle , it is not a product of it .
ok
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
johnydon22:

so much confidence in an uncertainty, LOL. alright

reasons?

ok

You can open a thread tomorrow let's discuss , share ideas and stuff . That'd be fun .
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by DeepSight(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Millz404:

Why do humans believe they have an eventuality different from that of every other physical thing they are a part of?

Because we have a super conscious experience within which we are able to see and feel the mortal body for what it is - namely a mere encasement. This leads us to understand that upon the removal of the encasement, that which it encased must stand in a reality open to unencased energies such as itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by OtemAtum: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I bet Christians will disagree with you.

What will be our nature in other realms?
Are we going to be intelligent and self-aware?
Yes, talking from my own experience.
Re: Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? by obinna58(m): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Millz404:

I'm an atheist but I can't totally denie the fact that if eventually ur mind existed by any means, their is still possibility that when u die, ur mind might still exist freshly, exactly the same way it existed now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/01/18 / God Is Not On A Sin Hunt - Joseph Prince / Divine Mercy Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.