Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students (30185 Views)

Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy / Tiwa Savage Buys Free Bus For University Of Ghana / Desmond Elliot Turns Bus Driver, Gives Surulere Students A Ride (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by jaydee87(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2017
suco01:
HMMMM. look at this guy who is he fooling with this refurbished bus. instead of donating useful materials and tools to schools. make d school environment conducive for learning. planning their dubious way for second term yet no bill passed by him, all he does is learnng learning from other floor member.
smiles how is this dubious provide ease of transport for student is dubious. then i feel u are being sentiment in ur judgment. u say he is always learning from other floor member my broda learning grow u. so if u want to grow learn and appreciate something good when u see it. how many projects from the constituency do u know about am sure non. cos if u do u won't say dubious where u aware he donated bus to religious groups too. both religion or u tag that as dubious as well or the students he sponsored to university over 10 is that dubious too or the 1000 pupils he trained on computer literacy and the best 100 were given 6 months intensive training half got their systems on Saturday the other half to get theirs after completion of the program is that dubious too. Mame research don't just misguide ppl based on your sentiment. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by abbeyfel: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2017
ephi321:

That was not the question I asked you. Do you go to HR each month to thank them for your salary, yes or no?!

The issue being debated is not politeness, that is a basic norm and nothing to make a big deal about. We are talking about the running of a society with public funds. Let's face that.
My response answered you already. What else do you need. I dont work for anybody, but believe me i say a BIG thank you to my clients even though i am the one rendering the services. Note that i did not come out here to commend Desmond, am only against those bashing him after he as done something no matter how "little" you term it for his constituency!! Simple...
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by ephi321(f): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2017
abbeyfel:
My response answered you already. What else do you need. I dont work for anybody, but believe me i say a BIG thank you to my clients even though i am the one rendering the services. Note that i did not come out here to commend Desmond, am only against those bashing him after he as done something no matter how "little" you term it for his constituency!! Simple...

Maybe you should go back and read my first post properly. I started by commending him for at least doing something, but that does not erase the fact that he is not doing his constituency a favour. The money used to purchase that bus is NOT his personal money, so don't let's get it twisted.

You can commend a person while still demanding for accountability and insisting you get full value for your worth. We shouldn't be groveling at politicians' feet. No sane person goes to HR each month to say thank you for salary because guess what? They worked their butt off full days of the month, and that salary is in exchange for their work.
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by abbeyfel: 11:38am On Jun 05, 2017
ephi321:

Maybe you should go back and read my first post properly. I started by commending him for at least doing something, but that does not erase the fact that he is not doing his constituency a favour. The money used to purchase that bus is NOT his personal money, so don't let's get it twisted.

You can commend a person while still demanding for accountability and insisting you get full value for your worth. We shouldn't be groveling at politicians' feet. No sane person goes to HR each month to say thank you for salary because guess what? They worked their butt off full days of the month, and that salary is in exchange for their work.
Do you know how many people are in need of that job you think you got? And how many of these politicians divert monies meant for the masses? Saying thank you to your HR is a personal thing base on your understanding of life. Am not sticking my head for or against it. All am saying is that people should be appreciated when they do right because there is an opportunity to do otherwise. Desmond as done right. Sikena. I wish the member representing my constituency does same. Bros pls am not here to argue on issues like this. Go check out other deeds of my Desmond for his people. This is just one of many. He deserves kudos...
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by ephi321(f): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2017
abbeyfel:
Do you know how many people are in need of that job you think you got? And how many of these politicians divert monies meant for the masses? Saying thank you to your HR is a personal thing base on your understanding of life. Am not sticking my head for or against it. All am saying is that people should be appreciated when they do right because there is an opportunity to do otherwise. Desmond as done right. Sikena. I wish the member representing my constituency does same. Bros pls am not here to argue on issues like this. Go check out other deeds of my Desmond for his people. This is just one of many. He deserves kudos...

fyi, I'm not a bro.
The reason other members are not doing anything for their constituency is because they know Nigerians have no standards. That is the same reason they divert money, no accountability, people will never ask them.
Kudos to Desmond quite alright, but it is his job he is doing. That is what he was voted to do.

We don't have to agree, but I stand on my point that politicians should be made to deliver. It is not a favour.
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by jerryflames(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
nd one teddy bear donated wheelbarrows
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by abbeyfel: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2017
ephi321:

fyi, I'm not a bro.
The reason other members are not doing anything for their constituency is because they know Nigerians have no standards. That is the same reason they divert money, no accountability, people will never ask them.
Kudos to Desmond quite alright, but it is his job he is doing. That is what he was voted to do.

We don't have to agree, but I stand on my point that politicians should be made to deliver. It is not a favour.
You dont only say thanks for favours. You say thanks too when people do right. Thanks for your constructive arguement anyways...
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by airmark(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2017
Nice idea. Shitta ma wole o.
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by jaydee87(m): 11:45am On Jun 05, 2017
seguno2:
How many children will the single bus carry?
Who/ How will the bus be maintained?
Why not give them transport vouchers for use on public buses?

Meanwhile has he ensured that Eric Moore school is fixed?
The youths that should have sense are even worse than the old cargos being recycled for political office.

https://www.nairaland.com/3806689/secondary-school-where-students-sit#56642786
not sure cos of this will pay a visit there And comeback with a feedback but u know there is a local govt council and they av education dept aswell. would not give a false report here but after making the research will get back to u. voucher can't work in nigeria sir especially for students at least not now. our transport system is not 70% organized.
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by ephi321(f): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2017
abbeyfel:
You dont only say thanks for favours. You say thanks too when people do right. Thanks for your constructive arguement anyways...

For anything else, yes. With politicians, no. Same here. Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by abbeyfel: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2017
ephi321:

For anything else, yes. With politicians, no. Same here. Have a good day.
Enjoy your day...

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by solelymade: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2017
blackberlin:
So which school will own this one now? Abi na for any student to just enter dey tell driver say owa owa ...
Seems like a clueless project to me. It would have made more sense to donate a public library or school equipments like computers etc instead of advertising himself. Ariwo poju!

Upon all the level of exposure, they'll still do things like a typical politician...

I find it absurd that even with your modesty in use of language and pure common sense some nit wit will quote you to abuse. You have spoken the truth and nothing other than the truth. I do not have the strength for an Epistle, even If I did the opinionated low grade thinkers won't read.

Desmond Olusola knows exactly what he is doing and he knows the money spent on the bus is better used for other projects with better reaching effects but he won't, why He has turned a proper politician. The bus, he must have been advised would bring better publicity and increased fanatism in front of the low thinking residents of his constituency and even beyond as we don see on nairaland sef. The majority of the people are low thinkers, easily satisfied with mediocrity.

Abeg make d bus dey go up and down the neighbourhood , do d little it can for the kids still while the politicians ride on the goodwill till we can have a massive involvement of the right set of people in government administration. That only takes God to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by ephi321(f): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2017
abbeyfel:
Enjoy your day...

Thanks! you too..
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2017
tosin400:
It has been two years since award winning actor cum politician,Desmond Elliot has represented the Surulere constituency in the House of Assembly.

The dark and handsome actor bought a brand new free ride to school bus for children residing in Surulere environs.

He shared the photo of the bus as he appreciates God for the time spent so far in politics.“Its two years already, In saying thank you to God and the good people of Surulere, I am honored to bring the first “free ride to school” bus for children around Surulere. Surulere my dear Surulere I can’t thank you enough.” He wrote.

Source: http://www.flexygist.com.ng/2017/06/05/photos-desmond-eliot-buys-free-school-ride-bus-for-surulere-students-to-mark-two-years-in-office/

This bus won't last 6 months. Ask him how much he has collected for constituency projects since he got there!!!!! angryThis is not an achievement to publicize because it's the right of our citizens. In America,each country has hundreds of sophisticated and not tokunbo buses running shifts from morning till evening. Nigerians should sake up and stop celebrating mediocrity!!!!!!! angry Road construction, jobs, power supply, health care and other infrastructural development shouldn't be seen as an achievement but a right of the people

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
Dotwillis1:
.After two years and just one bus for Surulere students
...issokay undecided

Thanks to him tho....buh don't be surprised when you see the bus abandoned in a mechanic shop some weeks to comeundecided
This bus won't last 6 months. Ask him how much he has collected for constituency projects since he got there!!!!! angryThis is not an achievement to publicize because it's the right of our citizens. In America,each country has hundreds of sophisticated and not tokunbo buses running shifts from morning till evening. Nigerians should sake up and stop celebrating mediocrity!!!!!!! angry Road construction, jobs, power supply, health care and other infrastructural development shouldn't be seen as an achievement but a right of the people

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
blackberlin:
So which school will own this one now? Abi na for any student to just enter dey tell driver say owa owa ...
Seems like a clueless project to me. It would have made more sense to donate a public library or school equipments like computers etc instead of advertising himself. Ariwo poju!

Upon all the level of exposure, they'll still do things like a typical politician...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2017
GavelSlam:

Were you told he represents the whole of Lagos or a constituency called Surulere?

How many public schools would his Constituency have and do you expect he'll provide transport for every single student?

What then would be the work of the executive - the local and state government?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 11:59am On Jun 05, 2017
uzoclinton:
Nice gesture.....Give me 5 reasons why God will not bless this young man...

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
YelloweWest:
Good development but why paste his name all over it?
It's not like it's his personal money.
State legislators get constituency project funds

In Rivers state it's 100m every year for each legislator to execute a project in his/her constituency.

Not to talk of Lagos State!
So except there are more of the buses, I'm not so impressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

Local fairly used Toyota Coaster bus

1990 model.

Desmond Elliot is very stingy...walahi
These are school children for Christ sake and not commuters.

Can't he buy a Mercedes Benz Sprinter....?

This coaster bus will demoralize any schoolchild and will not help their psychological development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by enigmaticlion: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
Segadem:
grin hmmmm, the best name to give to this bus is "bus of commotion" because there are thousands of students in Surulere going to different schools, just imagine the first five students (that boarded the bus) is going to north while some is going to east and the remaining is going to South
Wetin driver go do? grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by adebobconed(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Op you sure say this bus na brand new ?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by babapressy(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good political strategy
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by Drabrah(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
blackberlin:
Seems like a clueless project to me.[b] It would have made more sense to donate a public library or school equipments like computers [/b]etc instead of advertising himself. Ariwo poju!

Wen u see beta thing appreciate am.
Dat's a nice concept. At least he's met a need------' fewer children ll av complaint of "I don't av T-fare" as alibi again.
As regards ur suggestion, it's not as "cluefull" as this "laudable" project sef. Av u tried to look arnd & see similar libraries? Na grass dey grow dia, completely useless. I've seen many of dem, both in d urban & rural areas (go check d 1 wey dey Yaba ursef). Na pikin wey don go sch since morning, wey combak 2face loads of house chores go go library?
Even computer wey u mention (or any equipment for dat matter) sef requires technical know-how. Hence, it's lifespan is d duration of stay of a professional in d field. It's easy to get drivers to drive these buses, & mechanics are readily available.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by belindar: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
This one too has join the association of looter. I wonder how much is salary that warrants him to buy a bus. Why not buy it b4 u become a politician.
In a sane society, these can never happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by suco01(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
jaydee87:
smiles how is this dubious provide ease of transport for student is dubious. then i feel u are being sentiment in ur judgment. u say he is always learning from other floor member my broda learning grow u. so if u want to grow learn and appreciate something good when u see it. how many projects from the constituency do u know about am sure non. cos if u do u won't say dubious where u aware he donated bus to religious groups too. both religion or u tag that as dubious as well or the students he sponsored to university over 10 is that dubious too or the 1000 pupils he trained on computer literacy and the best 100 were given 6 months intensive training half got their systems on Saturday the other half to get theirs after completion of the program is that dubious too. Mame research don't just misguide ppl based on your sentiment. thank you.

All dis are for 2019.
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by benjibabs(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
blackberlin:

You did not catch the jist. My people say person wey throwey water for front na im dey mash wet ground. grin grin grin Wait till next election when the 'clueless project' will be highlighted as achievement to receive ya vote for the bro as the next Govanor of Lasgidi. I had high hopes for Desmond when he got into politics that as last young and vibrant politicians will inject fresh ideas into the system, but this one weak me undecided (someone please help me with that famous tiger picture hanging loosely on a tree).

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by akigbemaru: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
enigmaticlion:
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by Gudfrie(m): 2:59am On Jun 06, 2017
Dotwillis1:
.After two years and just one bus for Surulere students
...issokay undecided

Thanks to him tho....buh don't be surprised when you see the bus abandoned in a mechanic shop some weeks to comeundecided
Una go talk shaaa
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by seguno2: 4:36am On Jun 06, 2017
jaydee87:
not sure cos of this will pay a visit there And comeback with a feedback but u know there is a local govt council and they av education dept as well. would not give a false report here but after making the research will get back to u. voucher can't work in nigeria sir especially for students at least not now. our transport system is not 70% organized.

I didn't say that he, personally, should fix the dilapidated school.
I asked if he had ensured that it was fixed.
Moreover, since you raised the issue of local government councils, can I also ask what he has done to ensure that they are managed by ELECTED councillors always AND that the portion of the state's IGR is allocated to them monthly as stipulated in our constitution in ADDITION to their share of the federal allocation?
Re: Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students by isax(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2017
I hope in some months time smiley I'll not see this bus in Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames / Dele Omo Woli White Wedding Pictures / New Pictures Of Mercy Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.