Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Tamed - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tamed (8194 Views)

Don't Let Your VOICE Be TAMED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2017
*********:******************************
The next day, Kelechi took the loan and his house was used as a collateral. He had to cook up a good lie to convince his PA and the bank on why he needed the loan.

"I have the money now, Cecilia... Where did he say you should meet him at" Kelechi asked Cecilia on call

"He said at the highway,... The bridge across...erm.. along... I will send the address to you. I am already there. Please be quick"

"Fine, send it quickly then"

After receiving the text, he drove there

"He is not here yet?" Kelechi asked immediately he got out from his car

"No...Oh, here he comes i think" Cecilia said pointing to an acura jeep coming towards them

"Who is he?" Blackman asked when he saw Kelechi

"He is the guy that took me to the club the day the in- incident happened"

"Oh! He got fatter... Where is my money?" Blackman shouted

Cecilia was about to get the money from the car when Kelechi stopped her.
"Wait, Where is the evidence you have? I don't do business blindly. Show me evidence first"

"Who do you think you are? You think i am stupid...that i will only blackmail or threaten you for no damn reason?" Blackman said

"Kel, ... Do you..

"Fine, i have evidence..." Blackman said turning to his car. Suddenly, he pulled a gun from his pocket and shot Kelechi on his chest.

"Ah, why did you do that?" Cecilia screamed

"Shut up, lets go... I have gotten us visas already. Forget him"

"No... i can not leave him like this...I will call the ambulance"

"Fine, use his phone and call the damn ambulance... Lets get out of here fast"

"Hello, is this the ambulance?......

"Lets go...Be quick...Is the money out? Bring the money..." Blackman said snatching the bag from her

"There is an accident by the highway....."
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
chapter eleven

"Baby... What happened? Why were you shot?" Brenda said crying

"Bren... Bren" Kelechi said adjusting his position on the hospital bed; for how long have i been here?"

"For two days, you were operated on... You lost lot of blood...You could have died if the bullet really reached your heart... It was just a few metres away... " She said still crying

"I am so so sorry... You went through a lot. You were scared i would die right?

"You won't leave me, i can't lose you now" Brenda said as tears kept flowing freely from her eyes

"I... I cant believe she could do this to me...How..What?"

"Kel..What went wrong? Tell me?"

"I am scared, so scared... What if Kelechi dies?" Cecilia said crying

"Can you stop crying? I already called someone to check on him. He is alive. We need to get out of this country as soon as possible. Tomorrow we leave"

"Tomorrow? I thought you said the flight is in two days time"

"Well, we don't have time.. We will go to Benin or Togo...Just out of this country tomorrow"

"Ok..Ok.. I really need to snap out of this.. Kelechi is in the past now.. I need to stop feeling weak about his situation..

"Thats my girl. Here, take this to calm your nerves" He said handing her a cigar

"I don't know why i am worried, i am over it now" She said sniffing the smoke in and puffing it out..

2 Likes

Re: Tamed by Ansasan(f): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2017
More smiley
Re: Tamed by Dammyzee3(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2017
Oh make sence . Thumps up .update pls !
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2017
"I am calling the police right now" Brenda said after hearing her husband's ordeal

"Why? Don't call the police. Let them be...

"Are you crazy? That girl is going to jail and that 'black' whatever you called him...They robbed you of over 25 million naira and you don't want to do anything about it? Our house is at stake here...

"We would cover the loan before you know it"

"I don't care; dials the police; all you have to do is give me the details... The description of this lady, kel... Lets bring this criminal to bar"

"Fine, But let me get be better first"

"You are already better, don't worry... I will handle all the stress"

".......Ok , i will give you her description"

She left odim to stay with her husband as she went to the station herself.

"Here is a picture of the Lady...

"She looks like you o..."

"Well, i want her to be found... I don't know the face of the other culprit but if you see her, you ll surely see him. I want that criminal to be brought to bar... They cant go scot free just like that"

"But madam, your husband is also at fault. How can he trust a woman that is not even his wife... not related to him"

"Yes, he is at fault but that is not the issue here. Get the girl and the man...." Brenda said angry

"Fine madam, we will see what we can do... Its not easy you know"

"I know.. You can check the ports, borders, airports because i know those criminals will want to run away..."

"You have a point.. We will begin our work straight away"

"God damn... Where the hell is this guy." Blackman spat

"Are you sure he is coming to pick us up? If he is not coming, lets look for a way out of this place"

"He will come, He will come..He gave me his word and i don't think he will go against it"

"You trust him so much, Do you have your own plans, ehn... I don't seem to trust you anymore" Cecilia said

"What are you saying? I trust him because i was introduced to him by best friend. I don't think he will disappoint me"

"When did you start having friends not talk of a best friend..

Suddenly, gunshots were fired.. Cecilia was shot on the leg. Blackman tried to escape but he ended up being crushed by a moving trailer.

It was such a pitiable sight. Cecilia was rushed to the prison hospital where she received treatments.

Fortunately, Kelechi's loan money was recovered and things seemed to tilt around a little
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2017
chapter twelve

"Daddy" Stella shouted as she went to hug her father. Chima and Leroy followed suite.

"Hey dad, welcome" Odim too said

Kelechi only smiled, he felt like his head was above waters.

"Mummy!" Stella also shouted as she went to hug her mom too

"You kids... hope you have done your homework?" Brenda only told them

"Yes, mom. Daddy, will you play car race with me?" Leroy said

"Sure, but not now...

"Daddy is tired, Leroy...We would go in now to rest. Its been a long week for everyone. Uhm, Odim..I hope you cooked. Dish the meal. We are tired and hungry" Brenda said leading her husband through the stairs

"Thank you" Kelechi suddenly said after they entered the room

"Thank you for what?"

"For everything, for being a virtuous woman...For being there"

"Stop teasing me... Go and take your bath, okay... I'll go to the kitchen to help Odim out"

Just as she was about to leave, her husband held her back.

"Don't go, stay with me. Bath with me. You just came back from the hospital too. Don't take diseases to the kitchen"

"Alright Lover boy. Shall we? I'm starving. I cant wait to eat" Brenda said sounding reluctant
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wow...serves Kel right.
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2017

For the first time in a long while, the family ate and prayed together.

"I missed those times, well..Those times are back.." Brenda said on phone, she was calling her best friend

"Aww, that's sweet. Thank God for your lives. I will come visiting tomorrow. Hope Kelechi is in good condition"

"Sure, he is... I cant wait for you to come. There is a lot i want to gist you about"

"Alright, I will be there tomorrow. Cook for me oh

"Of course, i will"

"Alright expect me"

"That is Tola right?" Kelechi asked

"Yes, she said she is coming tomorrow to visit"

"Okay..." ;sitting close to her; You can place your heart here, on my chest"

"To listen to your heartbeat right? Okay" She said obeying him

"I can't still imagine that i was misled..I was deceived...Still shocked"

"I remember telling you something like that... If you had listened...but...lets forget everything that has happened...

"Its not easy to forget, how can she play me for two years now and i never caught her...

"Kel...I never caught you too..Even till today
.. I never did...So that is how it is

"Hmmn, ...Alright so where do you want our vacation to be in?"

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
cont.

"Anywhere nice; she said smiling; oh my God!.... I made a promise to someone"

"A promise? Who? and What was the promise?" Kelechi asked

"Will you follow me to someplace tomorrow' evening?"

"Where?

"I met a counsellor... A marriage counsellor.. She advised me and when i promised her a gift if things turns out fine. She said i should bring you along"

Kelechi started to laugh which made Brenda surprised on if she just cracked a joke

"What is funny? Why are you laughing?"

"A counsellor?... So what was her advice?

"I am not telling you... Are you going with me? Yes or No"

"Of course, you made a promise to her already...I will go with you" Kelechi replied still laughing

"I should not have told you about this.

"I will stop laughing... but its funny... Are u angry because i am laughing?... come here, let me pat you a little" Her husband said

"Don't touch me... Why were you laughing?... Its not funny. I thought i would lose you.... I even wanted to kill you... I was angry...

"Kill me? You cant even hurt a fly, its a full grown man you want to kill"

"Are you trying me? Do you what i am capable of doing?"

"No..No... I don't know... I ll go get you a knife to see what you will do" Kelechi said still laughing

"Go away, go to your study.. Don't stay here with me"

"Are you sure?" Kelechi said pretending to take her words seriously as she stood up to leave.

"No, don't go... Stay with me" Brenda shouted lightly

He started laughing again
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
One nd a half chapters to go... Tomorrow hopefully it all comes to an end smiley

Lots of love to d readers wink
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Loads of love hinky...i love the story.

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Dammyzee3(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thumps up sis [i]Thumps up sis [/i]Thumps up sis

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
chapter thirteen

"I can imagine how you are feeling right now...excited right?"

"Yes... I have not stepped in my store for a long time now"

"Do you want to become a housewife? just because you want to please your husband?"

"No.. I would start going over soon.... My husband, he has been very jovial and happy lately. Everything i say is a joke to him"

Her friend started to laugh too: " You are funny my friend, that is why"

"How... I am always serious you know that"

"No... You behave as if you are naive sometimes and that is funny because you are experienced in many things"

"You cant see gray hair on my heads... I am getting old...

"Yes of course... Maybe in the next three or four years you will become a grandma"

"Ehn?! No... Odim should take his time... He should not rush into marriage yet"

"What else do the kids want to know about each other" Tola asked her friend who pretended not to understand what she meant

Just then, Kelechi came in:- "Tola, so you are here...

"Yes, i came some minutes ago...

"I thought it is 30 minutes ago or more" Brenda said

"What is the difference?"

"Hope you have entertained our guest well.." Kelechi asked ignoring the juice and snacks in front of Tolani

"Yes, she said she only wants what is on the table" Brenda said pointing at the snacks

"Alright" Kelechi said sitting down

"So.. Mr. Kelechi, how are you feeling now? Tola asked

"I already told you he is fine..." Brenda said childishly

"I want to hear from the horses mouth" Tola said

"Okay o... Mr. Kelechi answer her" Brenda replied

"You 'girls' and silly fights; Kelechi said smiling, i am getting better Mrs. Tolani...How is Lanre and the kids especially my daughter-in-law?"

"She is fine... In school...How did he know?" She whispered to her friend

"I heard that, Odim told me... So my friend and son wont tell me about his relationship?"

"Well, we are in-laws then"

"No... We are not until the kids are properly married. That is our culture" Brenda said

"I was not talking to you madam; checks her watch; I have to go now" Tola said

"So soon? Don't go" Brenda said missing her friend already

"I have an appointment, sorry i didn't inform you earlier... Just in case you had plans for me to eat lunch with your family"

"No, we didn't but don't go now. Wait a little. You've barely finished your juice"

"I an taking it with me and the food you prepared for me"

"I thought you've forgotten. I will go and get it"

"Brenda is so adorable, i don't think she'll ever age" Kelechi told Tola

"Why are you telling me? Tell her that...

"If i tell her, she will start feeling too important... I don't want her to get really excited"

"Hmmn, na you know..

"Did she tell you about the psychologist, i mean counsellor she went to meet?"

"Yes"

"Okay"

Brenda came in immediately with a small polythene bag where she kept the food in, 'Eko and Moi moi" as her friend loved it.

"I will be going now. Thank you Kelechi... Take good care of yourself, and you... Brenda, be a good girl"

"Okay, let me see you off..., What was my husband telling you? she asked her friend when they got outside

"How do you know he was talking to me? If you heard us, then you will know what we said"

"Ohkay, fine. I don't want to know anyway... Greet everyone" She said biding her friend goodbye as she entered back to her house.
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2017

"So this is the house of the woman who got advice on how to save our marriage....

"You are very good at essay presentation; Brenda joked shuting her husband's mouth up; lets go in... I told her to expect us"

"Alright... You win"

They got in the house, it was wider than Brenda first saw it as she thought.

Mrs. Udoh was glad to see them, she ushered them to her study where they had a hearty discussion together even with her husband who was also with them.

"So my wife said you advised her concerning our marriage"

"Yes i did but i don't think she followed my advice..

"She didn't follow it" Kelechi replied

"I did.. Don't mind him ma"

"No you didn't sweet.. Do you think you won me over with just cooking and sleeping with me? No, you did more than that"

"What did i do then?"

"Well, lets just say that was the starting point. You were never angry with me. You were not jealous. Even when u stupidly went to visit 'that lady' that morning, you were not angry. I came home, you still did not complain. I am human. I was touched by that... You are really special Nkem" Kelechi said touching his wife' face gently

"We are still here..." Mrs. Uwen said clearing her throat...; "It is good when those who decided to stay together keep their promise. It is not right to break a marriage vow most times"

"But...Why do men cheat?" Brenda suddenly asked

"We are already through with that, Mrs. Brenda" the woman said

"I am not asking you ma, i am asking the men in this room, my husband, your husband"

"Everyone cheats... Male and Female.. Thats my answer" Mr. Udoh said

"You kel...Why do men cheat?"

""I will give you my answers when we get home"

"No, i want it here"

"Fine, i don't know... Its a selfish desire... It comes, you allow it to overcome you.. You cheat... If it doesn't, you don't cheat or you stop...That's all i can say"

"Hmmn, i understand now

"We would be celebrating our 25years wedding anniversary"

"Woah, its already silver jubilee"

"Yes, yes... Both of you invited.. Special I.V..Here" she hands the invitation to Kelechi

"Thank you, we will be there... We will try to be there"

"Expecting you both and the kids too..

"Okay...
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2017
chapter fourteen

Brenda and her husband went on a couple's vacation, it was so much fun.

The kids went to stay with grandma, while Odim was still in school. He was in his final year at school.

Brenda and Kelechi went to Hawaii for the vacation. There was a large wave from the sea and the clouds looked so romantic.
Brenda was sitting on the beach sand thinking of all that had happened the year that went by.

"Your drink" Kelechi said handing her a glass of wine; hey princess, what are you thinking of? Stop thinking...Look at me, your prince"

"Kel; she said looking at his face as he requested...; i love you.... I will never want to lose you"

"Me too; Brenda... The years have been rough... I want a smooth start... I want us to be one happy family as we always were..."

"I don't need to tame you to have you, You will be forever mine right?"

"Of course, i am not wild, i am domestic" Kelechi joked as they kissed lightly

The sunset in horizon, giving the beach a romantic view.

The end

Love is not just a feeling, its an attitude

#hinky

2 Likes

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
And that is d end of tamed!
Another story coming up soon! Hinky smiley
Re: Tamed by Shakyroh320(f): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
thanks for sharing this mind blowing piece with us,more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cc lalasticlala,
divepen1
Re: Tamed by Ansasan(f): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
And we come to the end.
Happy for BrendaBrenda smiley
Weldone hinkyhinky kiss

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Divepen1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
hinky:
And that is d end of tamed!
Another story coming up soon! Hinky smiley
Congrats on getting to the end of this great work..
Let's get more traffic before we push it to FP.. Just mention people. I'll too..

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Divepen1(m): 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
BerrybabyB, oluwawunmi, pixybee, NegeduGrace, hormorbolanle, Angelsss, mzlizabelle, 49cents, olatex25, countrygirl, richiebrown,ewawunmi,flakkydagirl,dannybeau,blessytee,bimberry1307, johnAdedavid,DokitaG, Aishat39, rozeygold, missnazzy keeyah sashaa Abuklaw rachealfst bellefidel smartestpopQUEEN Tgold1 Orlolahdey MissRelly
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wehdon hinky...me love very much. Waiting for the next.

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Divepen1:
Congrats on getting to the end of this great work..

Let's get more traffic before we push it to FP..
Just mention people. I'll too..

Ok
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Shewrites, marianneda, larrysun, candy, enamnoeki, oyinprince, ishilove, drunkpunk, sagieramos

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
crislyn:
Wehdon hinky...me love very much. Waiting for the next.

wink d next ll be soon but not too soon...
Re: Tamed by imarrpopson: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Tamed by mamindy(f): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2017
simple and nice

1 Like

Re: Tamed by heryoub22(m): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Huh nice story. Kip it up

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 24, 2017
Thanks so much for the mention! This is great. Waiting for the next episode

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2017
Appreciate all smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frances Ogamba Wins 2019 Koffi Addo Prize For Creative Nonfiction Awards / The Untold True Story Of Nollywood / What Happened To Our Reading Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.