Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,360 members, 7,853,615 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience (17948 Views)

Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / Lady Attacked & Robbed By One Chance Robbers In Abuja, Policeman Collects Bribe / Woman Thrown Out Of Moving One-Chance Bus, Went Into Coma [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
Originalsly:
If Op owned a gun... do you really think he'll be on earth to share his story? I knew of one guy that carried two guns for protection.... do I have to say if he got the chance to use them when the time came for him to protect himself?

Yes.

YouTube is littered with evidence of good guys taking down bad guys.

But I understand the Nigerian angle, you lit have been used to cowering for so long.

YMMV.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Enoquin(f): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
Geesugar:

but isn't it possible for the victim's bank to trace the account of the POS that was used to rob? I think with BVN fingerprints and photos, this should be possible.

I also think victims of such should report to their account officers as soon as possible

can the Bankers on Nairaland please help me answer this??

I have no idea what the victims have done afterwards
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why wouldn't he be doing so if he has concealed weapons permit? sad
we're not ready for that yet biko.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
beardlessdude:
we're not ready for that yet biko.

You're not. A lot of us that are not yellow bellies are more than ready.

#NotYourBiko

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0bJ0olGoiW0sCrWjOMC9eS9eVZkBdk9c
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Dessydemmy: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
[quote author=Caustics post=57347813]was the lady working with them or the picked her again for more activities? [/quot
You share in my thought o, i felt the lady is also with them in the plan.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by freebreezeyz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
sharpwriter:

I noticed you since 2 days ago... I strongly believe something is wrong with you mentally. And I perceive frustration. All your comments are mad comments. You seriously need a psychiatric treatment. Your thoughts are the thoughts of an ANIMAL.
ERANKO jatijati.

My brother, mentally unstable is an understatement! I think he is a Yaba left escapee. wondering why the mods allow his rubbish. The guy needs to be ignored highly

3 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by adecz: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
You are lucky they didn't
Kidnap you for ransom, that
for be different matter...

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
beardlessdude:
Sorry. They would meet their Waterloo soon
fool. So you had to quote his whole post? Some people are senseless
OMG! You dare insult me
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nma27:
OMG! You dare insult me
keep quiet pls

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Originalsly: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes.

But I understand the Nigerian angle, you lit have been used to cowering for so long.

YMMV.
Bro...ref to this case... guy in front seat with pistol. .. guy in second seat searching him.... at what point should brave him whip out his gun to defend himself?...especially after learning that one is a hot head? With such guys just finding you are armed is like an insult and enough to fill you with lead.

2 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by sshalom(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
Thank GOD for your life!

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
Originalsly:
Bro...ref to this case... guy in front seat with pistol. .. guy in second seat searching him.... at what point should brave him whip out his gun to defend himself?...especially after learning that one is a hot head? With such guys just finding you are armed is like an insult and enough to fill you with lead.

I abhor debating weapons with you guys on here, hence why I did not quote anyone in my original response.

Do your thing and I'll do mine.

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by judgedredd22(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Opinionated:
I fear for the lady.

she is actually working with them. they use the lady as a supposed 'extra victim'

2 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by judgedredd22(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
Originalsly:

chief calm down, those lines are rehearsed to put fear into any victims mind.... the gun is most probably fake or without bullets most of the time.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by judgedredd22(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes.

YMMV.

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by waywardpikin: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
beardlessdude:
keep quiet pls
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Rainmaker69(m): 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
Geesugar:

when they are caught, u will see how innocent they will nw be looking as they are being paraded.
it just makes me wonder if they are the same people that were terrors just some hours ago. wen arrested, na them sabi beg pass but wen they are robbing you, if you beg them, na grave straight.

You got it perfectly right.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by BossLadyF(f): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
ruggedtimi:
my girlfrnd had similar experience in ph around gra bus stop. They nearly strangled her to death...and dey were boasting of how many girls they have killed that particular day. Luckly they dropped her off and took her phone.

was it in the night? I'm very careful there especially at Abali park more
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by abels(m): 4:22am On Jun 10, 2017
Ionkidiz:
No joy in the country, niggaz ain't smiling.
.. U sound like one of them
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
TarOrfeek:
O. P take heart.
especially a well beating one.

Thank you.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
was the lady working with them or the picked her again for more activities?

I believe so. But there is little or no evidence for this apart from what I have stated up there.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
hoodedjaystrim:
Too Bad U Won't Be Able To Sue Their Sorry Asses

Hahaha. Sad reality.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
0b100100111:
What is the security code of the phone that was collected?

I really don't know. But I have an app on it that can disable the phone if the SIM card is changed. However, if they flash the phone before inserting a new SIM card it may not work.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
peter0071:
too bad... but i guess u didnt take the car number when it reversed....

Yeah. The whole event happened too fast. When the car reversed I was concerned more about my safety than anything else.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
bigsmoke2:
I have one golden rule, to never ride a bus that did not load at the car park. If I find myself in a situation where I need to ride one I take uber and I pay with my bank account so the uber driver can be traced if need be.

This is a very sensible way of going about some of these things. I can't agree any less.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nma27:
Oga lawyer so you have to buy anoda wig and gown now? People are wicked!

That is what it means.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Enoquin:
Wow! That was how one of my brothers was dispossessed of a tangible sum yesternight. There have been complaints in Uyo of these sort of incidences especially via Keke even those with ATMs aren't spared as the thieves go around with POS. shocked

Funny too, I have been thinking what I'd do if such happens to me. Now, that your's came to pass, I pray mine doesn't.

It is really an awkward situation. Be careful what you think about, please.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:
OP is probably one of those that will rally against legal gun ownership.

Really?
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
ruggedtimi:
my girlfrnd had similar experience in ph around gra bus stop. They nearly strangled her to death...and dey were boasting of how many girls they have killed that particular day. Luckly they dropped her off and took her phone.

Coincidentally, this happened in nearly the same area. These guys are becoming audacious.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
sammydirectly:
Listic1, please which axis? Please tell.

PH.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Listic1:

That is what it means.
pele

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cybercrime: Police Nab Six, Shutdown Abuja ‘Yahoo Academy’ / NDLEA Arrests 3 Blind Members Of Drug Syndicate, Intercepts Saudi-bound Cocaine / Bayelsa Worker Commits Suicide Over Unpaid 13 Months’ Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.