Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,557 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience (17913 Views)

Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / Lady Attacked & Robbed By One Chance Robbers In Abuja, Policeman Collects Bribe / Woman Thrown Out Of Moving One-Chance Bus, Went Into Coma [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Listic1: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2017
Monday the 5th of June, 2017 is one day I won’t forget in a hurry. Very early that day, I freshened up and started on my way to court which was ‘outside jurisdiction’. For some inexplicable reasons, there were not very many vehicles on the road. Somehow, this particular vehicle, a red Toyota or Honda salon car – but converted to a taxi, appeared before me. I inquired from the driver whether he was headed in my direction of which he responded in the affirmative. I then boarded the vehicle. After sitting down I noticed that there were two young men in the vehicle – one in the front passenger seat wearing a red face cap and red hooded jacket and the other in the passenger seat behind the driver wearing a white polo shirt. However, I never took time to steal glances at their faces. I sat next to this passenger. Shortly after I boarded, another lady was picked along the road. This lady sat beside me.

A few minutes thereafter the driver stopped the car and the passenger in front, turning backwards to face those behind, greeted everyone at the back and asked what we have in our bags as he raised his pistol for all to see. Before I could say anything, the young chap beside me took my bag from me and started searching my trouser and suit jacket pockets. In the process, he took my phone and a few wards of N500 notes which I left in my left back pocket in case I needed to make a quick expense having put my wallet in the bag. At the same time, the dude with the gun took the lady’s bag, her phone and asked her to pull off the ‘gold’ she was wearing. After doing that, the young man turned to me with his gun pointed and asked me how much I was with. I told him and added that everything is in my wallet which was in my bag and that his colleague has taken the notes that I didn’t put in the wallet as well. As I was saying this, I was inexplicably extremely relaxed and smiling and also asking them to give me the tools of my trade: case file, wig and gown, diary and bib and collar which were in the bag; stuff which I knew would be useless to them. This is awkward and weird, I know. Perhaps, infuriated by my disposition the young chap pushed me on my left side to expose my left leg and said: ‘you think say we dey joke here? I go just put this ‘ginot’ for your leg’. His other colleague began pleading with him not to try anything stupid; he was reminded of how he could not control himself the last time and he eventually killed someone. This sort of calmed him down a bit.

Well, after satisfying themselves that they have properly waylaid us, we were asked to go of the vehicle and sit on the kerb by the roadside. As they were about to drive off, the guy who sat beside me asked again what I had in my bag and I told him and also asked that he should give the bag back to me after taking the money having told him where I kept it. The young man opened the bag, brought out only the case file, dropped it on the ground and they drove off. As I and the lady stood up to find our level but me to pick up my case file first, the very car came back in reverse. The lady was asked to get into the vehicle and they drove away. In all of these the driver did not utter even a word. However, I know that they were all working in concert. I thereafter retreated to some safe corner where I was ruminating over what just transpired; the first and I believe the last of its kind I would experience and how over the weekend, Saturday, I guess, I was asking myself how I would react if a gun was pointed at me. It is a funny life!

While deep in thought, from the corner of my eye I saw that car drop of the lady who then entered another vehicle. At this point, I approached a bystander who only assisted by giving me his phone to call my family. This was a wasted effort as all the numbers I had off hand didn’t connect. In this state of slight confusion, I decided to search my jacket pockets. And boy what did I see? Some change in the only pocket that was not searched! With that I went in search of my bearing!

End.

PS: I have a feeling, a very strong feeling, that something very bad would happen to the young man with the gun.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Ionkidiz(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2017
No joy in the country, niggaz ain't smiling.

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 09, 2017
O. P take heart. especially a well beating one.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by sirusX(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2017
One reason I detest riding in strange cars and taxis...even buses na wahala at certain period of the day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Caustics: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
was the lady working with them or the picked her again for more activities?

10 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by hoodedjaystrim(m): 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
Too Bad U Won't Be Able To Sue Their Sorry Asses

3 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Iloveafrica: 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hbb
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by saasala(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
God help us
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Iloveafrica: 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
When you drink osogbo weed for the first time... cry grin

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by OZAA(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
lol
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
That was how my phone was snatched. Lucky the fool snatched only my phone and not my Handbag o.

2 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by MrMystrO(m): 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
hmmm
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by sunshine1388: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
tongue shocked

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
africandollar:
Henceforth no Muslim should comment on a Christian thread topic else Seun is an idiot! angry

Christianity is a mature religion because we can take all manner of insults without feeling the need to respond in kind.

God will fight our battles for us.Not Seun or Nairaland

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by moorevic(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
So the lady was in co-hoot with them?

1 Like

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by 0b100100111: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
What is the security code of the phone that was collected?

9 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by seunlly(m): 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
I weak for mod wey put this thread for FP.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by VickyRotex(f): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Awwwwnnnnn. Op Pele. embarassed
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Caustics: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
0b100100111:
What is the security code of the phone that was collected?
are you one of them that stole the phone? Cuz these criminals are on nairaland too. angry

26 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by peter0071(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
too bad... but i guess u didnt take the car number when it reversed....
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Young03(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
That's why its good sometimes to dress hard

3 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by maynation(f): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Romantic embarassed
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Opinionated: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
I fear for the lady.
Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Sorry. They would meet their Waterloo soon
Nma27:
Oga lawyer so you have to buy anoda wig and gown now? People are wicked!
fool. So you had to quote his whole post? Some people are senseless

5 Likes

Re: ‘One Chance’: An Awkward Personal Experience by samtee37(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
Am here to read comments

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada Riders Protest In Karu, Abuja Over The Killing Of Their Colleagues / Technician Nabbed For Stealing Four Solar Panels In Lagos / Sporadic Gunshot Rocks Kano As KAROTA Acts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.