Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions (3661 Views)

Pls Help! I Have A Huge Family Dilemma / If Given A Second Chance Will You Still Want To Come From Your Present Family? / How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions by 2buffagain(m): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
konfused:

LOL, reason the guy matter na.

Which matter dey to reason?

Person no get money (He's a freaking corper, in Nigeria's current economic situation on top), but people no go wan hear.
If the parents persist on everyone going through private school, then the parents need to be prepared to mount the responsibilities of that decision, not diverting the responsibility of THEIR DECISION to someone who is still struggling to get on his feet. It is selfish.

The only thing he can help with, if at all, is maybe small pocket money here and there....NOT private school fees. Not at this point in his life.
For anyone not to understand that, I'm sorry but that person is evil and selfish.
Re: My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions by 2buffagain(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
baby124:
O boy just ghost them and go and hustle for yourself. No be you tell them to give birth to kids they cannot afford to train. When you are earning money and can send money home, please do. But for now, focus on making a way for yourself legitimately. Don't let them use pressure to push you into crime for family members that will deny you when trouble come. We will all meet at the feet of Jesus...

Truth!
Re: My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
OP, when you were being trained, you didn't complain, now it's time to lament you came to nairaland to rescue you from responsibilities. Every first born child is expected to show some form of responsibility towards his or her younger siblings, if you don't like it sell your birthright
now let me get smthn into ur skull,,,in most african homes or to be precise,,igbo homes,,,not all 1st male children are successful and it isn't written anywer as a law for u to take over responsiblities once u graduate,,,if u read my write up carefully,,ull see wer I wrote dat iv been helping and will b helping in d little way I can,my dad isn't the 1st son in his family but he's way living bettter than his siblings,,he even started a business for the 1st son wen he had nothing,,,we're seven kids and I'm the only graduate,,,well I won't say much,,tnk u all for ur advice,,,ill give birth to kids I can take care of properly,,thats the only way ill correct my parents mistake

1 Like

Re: My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions by rainylad(f): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
This is why I can have Igbo as friends but not in marriage. I'm not being judgmental but I would say from what I've seen about them often, their culture is a culture of money. In Lagos an ibo man can be paying house rent worth 750k yearly. Though they have houses in d village but having what it takes to buy a house and yet remain a tenant is somehow to me.

My friend's mother died in Lagos and was lamenting. Ppl didn't understand the reason behind her tears. While others are sobbing that mama died, she was lamenting over almost a million she would have to spend in d village before she's agreed to be buried. I said in my mind...shuu...so if I marry you now, apart from the exorbitant bride price and d believe that all ur needs are now my financial responsibility, I will still suffer like this when my parent-in-law and siblings-in-law die? Nawa o. There's almost no life outside doing business if you're an Igbo man cus huge money have to always be in ur acct at all cost.

Now its about the first son saga again coupled with extravagant lifestyle for schooling. Well I think all I can advise you as a non-igbo man is to consult some reasonable elders in ur family. Emphasis on reasonable cus not all elders are exposed. Otherwise start thinking of money ritual

...You guys can be so annoying...what has this rubbish you have written have to do with the issue at hand??..If you have something reasonable for the op say it and stop this sweeping comments you made.

...You are here complaining about a rich Igboman not buying houses in Lagos,yet your kith and kin are waiting in the wings to confiscate and steal properties of Igbos silly enough to buy properties outside their region..How many Yorubas buy houses outside their region??

...You are also here gossiping about how your 'friend' is lamenting about spending money for burial..how much have you offered to help her out with??..or you think burying someone is a tea-party now with the recession and all??

...Except you live under a cave,you should know that prizes of food,drinks and what have have gone over the roof,no thanks to your yeye apc admin...so what are you talikng about??

..Yes you are not Igbo thats why you wont know that as much as its not easy being the first-born male and all....but they also get to inherit practically everything that belongs to their father and makes all the devisions when their dad is no more...

..@op,sorry for your predicament..but do the best you can and never neglect your own needs at all..Plan your life and safe as much as you can..you deserve to have a life..Goodluck
Re: My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
rainylad:

...You guys can be so annoying...what has this rubbish you have written have to do with the issue at hand??..If you have something reasonable for the op say it and stop this sweeping comments you made.

...You are here complaining about a rich Igboman not buying houses in Lagos,yet your kith and kin are waiting in the wings to confiscate and steal properties of Igbos silly enough to buy properties outside their region..How many Yorubas buy houses outside their region??

...You are also here gossiping about how your 'friend' is lamenting about spending money for burial..how much have you offered to help her out with??..or you think burying someone is a tea-party now with the recession and all??

...Except you live under a cave,you should know that prizes of food,drinks and what have have gone over the roof,no thanks to your yeye apc admin...so what are you talikng about??

..Yes you are not Igbo thats why you wont know that as much as its not easy being the first-born male and all....but they also get to inherit practically everything that belongs to their father and makes all the devisions when their dad is no more...

..@op,sorry for your predicament..but do the best you can and never neglect your own needs at all..Plan your life and safe as much as you can..you deserve to have a life..Goodluck
IDIIOT! You seem to act before you think.

The forum is open to everyone. If you have any advice for the op, post it on the thread without offensively quoting anybody.

People who understand what I posted know it. Post your own goat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Know Where My Relationship Is Headed, Is He Playing Me? / Please Help : I Want To Quit My Marriage Of Three Years / Worst Mistake Of My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.