Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners (63154 Views)

Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / Rochas Okorocha Loses Weight, Held By A Man As He Walks (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by fulanmafia: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2017
luvinhubby:

The amnesty was extended, maritime university allowed to commence, community pipeline security contracts returned and Tompolo is still on vacation in the creeks.

You want more?

That's why it was called the Carrot and Stick approach, and those were the carrots wink

"The "carrot and stick" approach (also "carrot or stick approach"wink is an idiom that refers to a policy of offering a combination of rewards and punishment to induce good behavior. It is named in reference to a cart driver dangling a carrot in front of a donkey and holding a stick behind it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_and_stick

HiddenShadow:

Wetin fulanmafia know

Na to dey mess everywhere for Nairaland

Now you know better wink

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Dis one wey everybody just dey serve ultimatum grin grin
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Austinio: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2017
fulanmafia:

Wrong, that law was enacted in 1978, and was retained in 1990.

Go do some research instead of spitting sanctimonious garbage everywhere.
IBB shared some to his friends eg girl friends.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2017
BiafraIShere:
This what I expected from reasonable people from the Niger Delta, leaverage on this impasse between Igbos & Hausa/fulani and get your rights once and for all. I was just shaking my head when I read that statement from the itshekiri; no tact, no logic, no self preservation, rather all I saw was some folks trying hart to curry favour at the expense of the Igbos. N.D should demand total resource control, exclusive right to NNPC GMD & minister of petroleum (the same way a.b.o.k.i.s made minister of FCT their exclusive preserve), demand the re-allocation of all oil blocs to the communities rather than being owned by the likes of TY Danjuma, Indimi & other a.b.o.k.i.s. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS NOW THAT IGBOS HAVE BOXED THE PARASITES TO A TIGHT CORNER & use it as a bait of give them to me or we form N.D Rep/Biafra. Team up with the Igbos now & stop the exploitation once and for all. A word is enough for the wise.

Hahaha thief. Ole. Igbos are not the only ones in ND. Stop setting Nigeria on fire
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by fulanmafia: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
2016v2017:

then license all the oil well to the entire north?
in your your first post,hope you are the one that posted it or one almajiri helped you? I asked because,you have never made any point

Wait till your brain returns from recess, then you can research the REAL list of oil bloc owners, not the iPod one that claims its ONLY northerners.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by 2016v2017: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Austinio:
Name d expatriates that owns d oil block apart from d north.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by fulanmafia: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Austinio:
IBB shared some to his friends eg girl friends.

k
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by 2016v2017: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2017
fulanmafia:

Wait till your brain returns from recess, then you can research the REAL list of oil bloc owners, not the iPod one that claims its ONLY northerners.
recession was caused by your dullard sibling GMB,not PMB as he claim,in order to keep you in their gates shining their shoes and shouting Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Elijahhopelarry(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
I'm not an ibo but I love this

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by yom2(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
STFUand4kMeHARD:

We don't care who owns what ... everything is going down ... That's all cool
and how does dat benefit u or any one? If left alone do u even have d capacity to build and run those platform? We should always try and be reasoning out of the box. People like u have done greater damage to d enviroment in d delta but later blame it on multinationals
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by romenna: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
for once, im beginning to tink abt my decision to build a house in abuja was a mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by dnawah(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2017
PMBNG:
Igbo, Arewa face-off: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/niger-delta-militants-demand-return-oil-blocs-held-northerners/
ok na,una don talk,we don hear.until we hear 4rm the avangers.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Ralphdan(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Bari22:
fvck the oil

I wish northerner would agree with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by lindseykibler(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
vecman22:

Ipob u are happy,at least you v a fake news to jubilate at dis morning..while you are at it,you better carry your gala on your head and leave d North....

How much have you make from ur pure water sales so far bro? smiley

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by charles0922(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
nathandrake:

Probably you fail to realize something while you morons are fighting for something that shall never come to pass the South West people are concentrating their effort of on building their zone.

Keep on fighting for a lost cause
Building their zone indeed, a part from Lagos where again, the SE helped build Lagos of today.if they leave that zone do u think IGR will still be the same let us face fat

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by nell4: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
nathandrake:

Probably you fail to realize something while you morons are fighting for something that shall never come to pass the South West people are concentrating their effort of on building their zone.

Keep on fighting for a lost cause
Guy it is better to fight than remain silent.Silence kills faster. you don't know what is happening in this country. if you keep quiet, you cant get it right. Go to Aso rock , they only speak hausa there. All the scholarship that is supposed to go round the country they hijacked it. still they come out clueless. They have reserved positions even for their unborn children. How can bunch of illiterates be ruling the elites. Start now to fight for your right or you will never get it right.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Xkalaban(m): 9:54am On Jun 10, 2017
slowice:

Guy you can really be funny when you want to.... If for example you bought a piece of land from your landlord n drilled a borehole in it, then your landlord ll always come to fetch water n mess up your compound don't you think soon you will have to stop him n his family from fetching water in your compound... Ve you been to any oil producing community in the Niger delta? Why can't port Harcourt be like dubai? Is it not the oil that made Saudi look that good? The north must be stopped... . Nigeria must be stop n corrected else let it burn

Abeg pardon my asking. In the scenario u described above, who is the landlord & who is the tenant? Cos the last time I checked the Northerners aren't Niger Delta indigenes & they certainly don't own the land in which the oil was discovered in the first place.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by BiafraIShere(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2017
isalie:

And what is the objective?
I am sensitive and allergic to that octopus if you must know.
Despite everything he wrote their in very clear English on the need for the whole South to leverage on this impasse between Igbos & A.b.o.k.i.s to press home & demand unequivocally, their agelong request for restructuring of Nigeria yet you are still asking him the objective I dont understand some people o. Are you happy with the status qou of this country were keep retrogressing while other countries keep progressing Can Nigeria ever get it right even in a thousand years if things remain the way they are?? This is the revolution we have been praying for, and only the masses like you and I could support it for it to work, the politicians will not since they are the only ones benefiting from the evil system in place. If we allow the A.b.o.k.i.s to gain the upper hand in this, then its allover and it will have terrible consequences on us & our next generation!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by 2016v2017: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2017
BiafraIShere:
This what I expected from reasonable people from the Niger Delta, leaverage on this impasse between Igbos & Hausa/fulani and get your rights once and for all. I was just shaking my head when I read that statement from the itshekiri; no tact, no logic, no self preservation, rather all I saw was some folks trying hart to curry favour at the expense of the Igbos. N.D should demand total resource control, exclusive right to NNPC GMD & minister of petroleum (the same way a.b.o.k.i.s made minister of FCT their exclusive preserve), demand the re-allocation of all oil blocs to the communities rather than being owned by the likes of TY Danjuma, Indimi & other a.b.o.k.i.s. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS NOW THAT IGBOS HAVE BOXED THE PARASITES TO A TIGHT CORNER & use it as a bait of give them to me or we form N.D Rep/Biafra. Team up with the Igbos now & stop the exploitation once and for all. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Nicepoker(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2017
DaudaAbu:

Have they not been told that majority of the oil block is owned by expatriates?

Abi they want to be like south African ,hunting yoir fellow nigeeians when the real oil blocks are owned by whites, non nigerian multi nationals
are u scared already?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2017
fulanmafia:

Wrong, that law was enacted in 1978, and was retained in 1990.

Go do some research instead of spitting sanctimonious garbage everywhere.
okay clap for yourself professor of law...when crude oil is no more, you'ld know the value of common sense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by nell4: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2017
romenna:
for once, im beginning to tink abt my decision to build a house in abuja was a mistake.
pls go home and build your house wherever you come from.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by 2016v2017: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2017
BiafraIShere:
Despite everything he wrote their in very clear English on the need for the whole South to leverage on this impasse between Igbos & A.b.o.k.i.s to press home & demand unequivocally, their agelong request for restructuring of Nigeria yet you are still asking him the objective I dont understand some people o. Are you happy with the status qou of this country were keep retrogressing while other countries keep progressing Can Nigeria ever get it right even in a thousand years if things remain the way they are?? This is the revolution we have been praying for, and only the masses like you and I could support it for it to work, the politicians will not since they are the only ones benefiting from the evil system in place. If we allow the A.b.o.k.i.s to gain the upper hand in this, then its allover and it will have terrible consequences on us & our next generation!!!

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by luvinhubby(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2017
fulanmafia:

That's why it was called the Carrot and Stick approach, and those were the carrots wink

"The "carrot and stick" approach (also "carrot or stick approach"wink is an idiom that refers to a policy of offering a combination of rewards and punishment to induce good behavior. It is named in reference to a cart driver dangling a carrot in front of a donkey and holding a stick behind it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_and_stick

Now you know better wink

Trying to see the stick approach in the Niger Delta.

The video you posted was from Arepo in Ogun state.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by galaxy2020(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmmmm... everybody eye don open

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by madenigga(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
danjumakolo:
The oil blocs were sold to the northerners in a transparent due process in a country called Nigeria. Its just that it was only that most of your biz men did not care to develeop theirs but rather went to invest elsewhere.

But you should also be educated that the wells were sold to most your people too.I think out of 30 wells the north only got like 6 while the rest remained witcha..

The only difference is while most northern biz developed theirs and started exploration, the southern brothers did not put theirs into exploration.

When the referendum is completed and we have separated, then the reclamation,ownership and revalidation of such assets that exist in the north and south will be shared according the kaduna declaration.

Hope this helps.
D igbos staying in the north, there lands and businesses didn't they pay for them or we're they given to them free?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by fulanmafia: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2017
slowice:

Guy you can really be funny when you want to.... If for example you bought a piece of land from your landlord n drilled a borehole in it, then your landlord ll always come to fetch water n mess up your compound don't you think soon you will have to stop him n his family from fetching water in your compound... Ve you been to any oil producing community in the Niger delta? Why can't port Harcourt be like dubai? Is it not the oil that made Saudi look that good? The north must be stopped... . Nigeria must be stop n corrected else let it burn

Dead analogy. The Government is the landlord and bought land from no-one.

Is it not still this govt that has initiated cleanup of the delta? What did brain-dead Jonathan do to help his ND people clean-up despite earning the most revenue from high oil prices?

Why did Jona not turn Otueke or even Yenagoa to Dubai despite him and the oil minister being from the region? You keep fooling yourselves.

SMH educated south indeed.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by 2016v2017: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2017
romenna:
think home first
Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by wristbangle: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Feraz:
You sir, are not being honest with yourself. I've seen you on numerous threads saying IPOB started it by naming a cow after Buhari. PMB would not be the first to be named after an animal; it happened to GEJ (a goat was named after him), Yar'Adua was called a tortoise, snail, a sluggish creature, OBJ was called an ape and hell was not let loose. Why is PMB's different? I would never subscribe to name calling of the number one person in the country but don't say it was IPOB that started it. Northerners aren't innocent neither are Westerners or Easterners.

I remember when a particular guy here on Nairaland - Reference warned against these insults during GEJ's regime but people called him names and trust Nigerians to do things excessively.

BTW, how sure are we that ain't propaganda since someone just took the picture of a cow tied somewhere and pixmixed it with Nnamdi Kanu, and then tagged it "IPOB donates a cow named after Buhari!"?

Thank you very much for the insightful comment sir. People have quoted hence lashing insult on me but I like the way you countered my statement with superior argument.

However I understand and get your message clearly but the essence of my statement is that we know how blood lust these northerners are, so we should be careful not to lose our tribe men/women duelling in their region to violence.

I have lost counts on how easterners and westeners throw jibes at each other of which no matter how intense it may be, can never lead to physical violence.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by Mujtahida: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2017
THE SECOND COMING
W. B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

THINGS FALL APART; THE CENTRE CANNOT HOLD;

MERE ANARCHY IS LOOSED UPON THE WORLD,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The BEST LACK ALL CONVICTION, WHILE THE WORST

ARE FULL OF PASSIONATE INTENSITY.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by BiafraIShere(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2017
isalie:

Hahaha thief. Ole. Igbos are not the only ones in ND. Stop setting Nigeria on fire
If I am the one that made this statement, a ban would have been placed on me immediately. No Wahala.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners by fulanmafia: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2017
luvinhubby:

Trying to see the stick approach in the Niger Delta.

The video you posted was from Arepo in Ogun state.

Wrong, it was ND, and even it was Arepo as you wrongly claimed, a militant is a militant anywhere, and the Air-force can fly everywhere.

Peruse the links I provided with the video for confirmation that it was in the creeks of the SS.

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action / Edo Election: Governor Obaseki At PDP Situation Room In Benin (video) / Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign In Port Harcourt, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.