Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate (43876 Views)

Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ / Thug Pleads For His Life During Mass Beating By Angry Youths. Photos / Nigeria Pleads For Death Row Nationals As Indonesia’s Top Diplomat Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by sharpden: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
THE Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has expressed gratitude to Arewa groups for having the courtesy to give the Igbo an advance warning to vacate northern Nigeria.

The group, however, pleaded for ample time for Igbo to relocate back to the south.

Some Arewa youth groups had recently issued three months quit notice from the north to Igbo residing there.

Although the call was roundly criticised by northern governors and stakeholders, spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Ango Abdullahi, on Friday, expressed support for the youth groups.

Reacting in a statement signed by Emma Powerful, IPOB assured the Arewa groups that its people will heed the warning and leave northern Nigeria.

IPOB called on all southerners in the north to start exiting the region as soon as possible.

“We the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and it’s leadership worldwide wish to sincerely thank the Arewa Elders Forum(AEF), Arewa Youths and Arewa Consultative Forum for seeing sense in what IPOB has been saying about the need for a referendum to be conducted in Nigeria to decide the fate of the component ethnic nationalities criminally lumped together by the British in 1914,” the statement read.

“Biafrans in general also wish to thank these vocal Northerners for at least having the courtesy to issue advance warning this time before embarking on their routine massacre of Igbos and other Biafrans living in Northern Nigeria; unlike what their fathers did in 1966 when death, destruction and mayhem were unleashed upon unsuspecting innocent civilian populations from the South comprising of mostly Igbo men, women and children.

“Igbo massacres in Northern Nigeria has occurred so many times that it has almost become some sort of an annual sporting activity for blood thirsty Northern youths. That is why we are particularly grateful to Arewa Youths and Elders for having the decency to give us prior notice before the slaughter commences.

“We promise to adhere to your warning to leave Northern Nigeria because a word is enough for the wise. Biafrans and other Southerner should start packing their properties to come down to the South. We also advice the Northern youths and their Elders to keep it on because all they have done is exercise their right to free speech which is not a crime under any law known to man. We are therefore against those calling for the arrest of these Arewa Youths and their Elders.

“It is abundantly evident from the genocidal statements coming from certain influential segments of Northern Nigeria that the British socio-political experimentation and economic fraud we know today as Nigeria, should not have been created in the first place. IPOB is very much aware of the covert blackmail and implied threat inherent in the utterances emanating from Islamic Northern Nigeria.

“Furthermore, the assumption that economic investments of Biafrans in the Northern part of the contraption called Nigeria is an impediment to Biafra restoration project is misguided and most definitely misplaced. This is cheap blackmail designed to trigger rancour among Biafra populations because the North have always assumed and wrongly too, that Igbos will place economic well being over and above their life. This assumption is based on a false premise and one we are determined to prove same as events unfold in the coming weeks and months.

“IPOB under the divine leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is the instrument Chukwu Okike Abiama (God Almighty) is using to restore Biafra, therefore we are not afraid of our enemies, neither will any threat or violence from any quarter deter us. We remain peaceful in our noble quest to restore Biafra but we must caution that we always retain the right as a people to defend ourselves should the need arise.

“The civilised world is aware that we IPOB have been adopting peaceful means to restore Biafra since 2014. It is the Arewa Islamic Northern Nigeria dominated Army, Police, Navy and Civil Defence that has brought torture, killings, massacres and mayhem to communities and populations in the South. Till date, nobody has been held to account despite the existence of a comprehensive Amnesty International report to this effect.

“We are aware that these Northern youths and their sponsors Britain, have perfected plans to begin another round of killing of innocent people as the did in 1966. We advise them not to make this mistake because Britain will no longer protect Islamic Northern Nigeria because in this digital age, the world is watching. Allow Biafrans time to relocate peacefully back to Bafraland, that is all we ask.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/ipob-arewas-quit-notice-pleads-time-relocate/

Lalasticlala

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by taylor88(m): 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
this is getting serious

me that my mum is from osun I'll now become a half cast

gals go trip for me shaa

but am really gonna miss my friend Abdulai, who wakes up anytime of the night to sell for me

chaiii

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mehnn! This shiiit is getting very real.

A very beautiful and well articulated writeup, i must confess. Not the mumble jumble style of tge Arewa almajiris. Not surprising though. The igbos have always had a way with words. They have a way using language in a rich and sophisticated manner that used to even annoy the British in the colonial era. A fact that even Chinua Achebe highlighted in some of his books

Among the Igbo the art of conversation is regarded very highly. And proverbs are the palm oil with which words are eaten-Things Fall Apart.

The Commissioner did not understand what Obierika meant.....One of the most infuriating habits of these people was their love of superfluous words, he thought--Things Fall Apart

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by NATIONALPASTOR: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
front page please
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Crystolexy: 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
Thanks Emma powerful for this intelligence response, its a Thank you messages and also a reminder that self defense will be inevitable when needed, I read lots of people saying northern ultimatum is the medicine that cured Biafran/IPOB madness but, what they refused to understand is that a wise man will pause and reason to reinforce intelligently.. its a one step at a time and every thing done to bring us down is actually turning to a stepping stone, whatever is thrown at us from whatever dimension will surely have a hook to helping our dream so its worth taking our time to examine how it would benefit the struggle..

245 Likes 17 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by chigozie391(m): 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nothing to say about this.
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by hisroyalrealnes(m): 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
It is well....
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by shizzy7(f): 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
That's right

Next,
Their senators, ministers, political appointees representing the "Zoo" should start resigning.

If they're not greedy, they should all vacate their respective offices

50 Likes

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ndi Igbo Kwenu!
We have developed their lands enough for them, let's leave them to useless themselves. What good can come out of an Arboki?

^^ The senseless female _aboki above me though.

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by eleojo23: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
This is what happens when a country does not have a President.

Just look at all the katakata that has been happening since 2015 because we don't have a president.
Everything just dey spoil

Smh

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Amazing welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Thunderlicious: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
I am still trying to understand why the Igbos are complaining? It is IPOB that was asked to leave, not IPOD. Or is there something I am missing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by guttentag(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
I sorry for nigeria

1 Like

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by chrisbaby24(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ok
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by ednut1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Who get dat which kind wahala be dis meme

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by FisifunKododada: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by whitebeard(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
.everybody chill but..I trust the west would start to act any moment now, And I am sure the north will get an ass whooping from them..!!??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by ephi321(f): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
It is the Arewa Islamic Northern Nigeria dominated Army, Police, Navy and Civil Defence that has brought torture, killings, massacres and mayhem to communities and populations in the South. Till date, nobody has been held to account despite the existence of a comprehensive Amnesty International report to this effect.

It is abundantly evident from the genocidal statements coming from certain influential segments of Northern Nigeria that the British socio-political experimentation and economic fraud we know today as Nigeria, should not have been created in the first place.

We advise them not to make this mistake because Britain will no longer protect Islamic Northern Nigeria because in this digital age, the world is watching.

Meanwhile, has the North forgotten that it also has people living in the South? Intolerance is a really bad thing. Islamic Northern Nigeria. Hmm. Is that the grand plan? Only Muslims in the North and all others in the South.. in a country that is supposedly one. What a joke.

As for Britain, they have enough on their plate right now to bother about Nigeria.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by FisifunKododada: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
cool cool
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by seunlly(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017

Finally IPOB is living but I know arewa goons will regret this cause the wrath of KANU is the beginning of wisdom.
not supporting Biafra. just my view.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Esepayne(f): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
this matter serious oh

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nnaabros:
Mehnn! This shiiit is getting very real

Before nko..when the north talks..it stands

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by eleojo23: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
ednut1:
Who get dat which kind wahala be dis meme

Take it

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Nogodyej: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
when I tell people to stop wishing for Buhari's death they don't care. just his absent is causing a lot of problem already

STOPTHISNONSENSE
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Omofunaab2: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Good one from IPOB...

Ipod, una don see say yorubas no be ur problem, nobody go harm u here but don't push them to the extent with all these your hate speeches sha

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Young03(m): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
unculu shey u don' hear
if u like re.main there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by freshness2020: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by Femolacaster(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Honestly I feel like they should just give these nyanmiris their Biafra. I am tired of seeing them wail online.
Enough of all the noise jare!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by RichDad1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
is every Igbo person up north a memeber of iPod? undecided undecided undecided undecided

yeye dey smell grin grin

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by BeastOfAfrica(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nigeria and it's component nations now more than ever need a referendum. There should be no fear in organising one. If we decide to remain one nation then we must also negotiate the terms of our union and correct the many anomalies that bedevilled us from independence. This is the only way we can move forward and quench any further agitation.

On a side note: Given Nigeria's history of rigged elections and figure manipulation beyond the naked eye, we should keep in mind that a referendum can also be rigged especially considering the fact that our 'elected' favour the continuous existence and sustenance of the current union Nigeria!

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate by hemucology(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vp's Residence: Wike Satisfied With The Speed,quality Of Work (PHOTOS) / Labour Blocks Chris Ngige's House With A Tanker In Protest - Photos / Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.